[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] When A Snail Falls in Love 如果蜗牛有爱情

sugarplum892

i watch snail on both dramafever and viki and sometimes i prefer the subtites of  viki others dramafever depends on the episode. also in some   episodes  the subs of both complement each other , i don't know if this makes sense , but for me it happens 

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On episode 14

Spoiler

- I love that they used a new opening instead of the cartoon one for this episode. It's like the first dozen episodes was the getting to know, where the characters developed into their respective cartoon images, and now we're getting the real deal.

- Even though we all had known what would happen to Zhao Han and Yao Meng, I didn't expect the actual act to be so gruesome. My heart was breaking when Xu Xu cried. *sigh*

Hi! i'm new to this thread but I have to break my silence after watching the preview for ep 15. I'm not sure if you guys saw it yet but it's awesomeeee!!! I guess we're finally going to see some "intense bonding session" in ep 15...!!! ^^ 

For those who wants to see the preview for ep 15 can click the spoiler button below:

Spoiler

Btw... I have a question. How does this drama air their episodes per week? Does this series air everyday? Or only 3 days per week (similar to the english subtitled eps schedule of only releasing 3 episodes per week on Monday)?

4 hours ago, freitaz01 said:

i watch snail on both dramafever and viki and sometimes i prefer the subtites of  viki others dramafever depends on the episode. also in some   episodes  the subs of both complement each other , i don't know if this makes sense , but for me it happens 

I too watch it in dramafever and viki. I totally get it @freitaz01

1 hour ago, dmtdt said:

On episode 14

Hide contents

- I love that they used a new opening instead of the cartoon one for this episode. It's like the first dozen episodes was the getting to know, where the characters developed into their respective cartoon images, and now we're getting the real deal.

- Even though we all had known what would happen to Zhao Han and Yao Meng, I didn't expect the actual act to be so gruesome. My heart was breaking when Xu Xu cried. *sigh*

@dmtdt... A My thought on today's episodes  SPOILERSSSS

Spoiler

My heart broke for bother of them too. Ji Bai was so awesome for believing her especially when she came and told him what she found. O just loved the way they comforted each other. The way they held each other YH and was so sweet and promising. I was DAMN!!! Nurse why did you come out now.  I agree Zhao Han and Yao Meng scene were so intense. 

@gracebkk..... Welcome aboard chingu. Thanks for the preview .:heart::heart:

@gracebkk Love the sneak peak! I love that they're showing Xu Xu working hard to improve her physical fitness. In the novel, the author just kind of forget about the physical requirements thing after Ji Bai and Xu Xu started dating (lol), and that always itched me.

It's hard to explain the schedule in a comprehensive way with my limited English, so here's an image to demonstrate it. It's a big image so I'm putting it in spoiler tag.

Spoiler

uDdaJwa.jpg

So for this week, for example, they are airing EP 10-12 on TV on Monday, and releasing EP 13, 14, 15 online on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, respectively.

Episode 14... Excellent episode with everything moving at break neck speed. Until the big wigs get together. I've got to say though, the speechifying from all sides was pretty good.

Awww... The hospital scene was great. The ship named Ji-Xu finally sails. He grabbed her hand and placed it on his forehead. Sweet. :wub: And it was so natural too. No hesitation, just pure relief to have some kind of refuge and comfort from the madness of everything that had just taken place. Maybe when he finally gets some lovin', he'll finally give up smoking. ;)

Spoiler

JB donated blood... quite a lot... and talked about how he didn't want ZH to join the police force but in the end ZH's mother relented knowing that JB would take good care of him. Undoubtedly that's probably the story of his life in a nutshell. Being a high achiever. Being so good at his job. The expectations of others. Taking care of everyone around him and taking responsibility for them. I forgive him his condescending attitude because while he may be invariably strict but at the end of the day, the person that he demands the most from is himself.

Well, on some level, the sting op was a bit of disaster (two cops seriously injured, two civilians killed) and maybe they shouldn't have brought in a couple of newbies for a such a major operation. But the baddies were pretty cunning... and Lu Ge (which suggests a male person, Ge usually refers to older brother) turned out to be a woman. Xu Xu's original profile was based on the assumption that Lu Ge was male but wow, that woman was quite the vicious, remorseless killer. By the time she left behind a string of bodies, I really wanted someone to fill her with lead. 

What a blow that she had help on the other side of the border! Dang it, I really wanted her dead. 

I suppose this entire incident will be a hard and terrible lesson to all. But maybe JB is right, it will give the newbies a lesson and experience they'll never forget.

These episodes are just too short. 

@dmtdt thanks for the information. that helps a lot. makes sense now... but man... we have less than 3 weeks worth of episodes left... :(((( can't bear to part with them yet....

on the other hand... glad that the drama focused more on the crime aspect rather than the romance aspect (even if the drama still has the romance aspect to it.. they just toned it down). makes the crime aspect more enjoyable. plus!! you can see their prowess in the field & see how they complement each other!! ^^ just wished we could see more aspects of how JB starts to like our snail... maybe in tonight's episode??? hopefully... ^^ hehehe :D

@40somethingahjumma

Spoiler

Honestly, I had already thought about it that they might make a mistake about the gender of Brother Lu because of two clues. They could get so easily the name of the Big Boss... on the other hand, they had no idea how to identify him. No picture and even GN had never met him... so Brother Lu knew that at some point the name would get leaked, yet noone had ever met him!! Brother was used in order to mislead people. The other clue was this picture:

YM meets the witch and that's Brother Lu. The confrontation ends badly.

@bebebisous33 romance too!!!! 

Spoiler

do you also realize that in the preview JB gave his outerwear to her? because in one shot he was wearing the zebra stripe outerwear & in the next shot XX was wearing it? plus!!! if you watched the ost (below) you'll see that the clothing XX's wearing (towards the end of the preview for ep16) is the shot where JB will (most likely) save her. and then they'll stand on top of a building. woohoo!!!! impressive progress if u ask me about it... O.O makes me curious on what happened in ep 15... >.<

@gracebkk..... chingu thanks for the preview chingu. Thanks for pointing out the romance progress between Xu Xu and Ji Bai... I wished it was next week already :tears::tears: I am just as curious to find out what happen in episode 15. :heart::heart:

I have to say the way XuXu comforted Ji Bai was soooo perfect and sweet. I am just loving the hand action. Ji Bai held her hand like she was his anchor. So sweet . :wub::wub::wub: Who needs kisses when moments like these are so much stronger.  @bebebisous33.... I can't wait to see those full actions toooo chingu. :wub::wub::wub:

Hi could someone put in spoiler tag what happened to ZH and YM? I read so many comments. Unfortunately i don't have time to indulge in that many dramas. After the raw ep 12 laat week started Love me if you dare and am on ep 13. Plus read this drama's novel to c54.

The violence is making my stomach slightly churn. Since I have suddenly turned to these quite often violent dramas the last 2 weeks. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to start watching both of the writers work at the same time. Don't get me wrong it is excellent. Just not very relaxing. 

But yes am curious about ZH since I've always seen him shot in the OST. Also where was the hospital scene? I may have to sneak peek it even though I intend to go back to ep 10 subbed once I have finished Love me if you dare.

Can't believe I've dropped Kdramas the last 2 weeks because of this. You can't even marry a policeman it's too dangerous set in this world. And also don't know about you but I winced seeing the throws for the preview. The actress is really petite and skinny. It looked so unevenly matched even though that's the point. But it hurts watching the 2 actors do it. If I was the actor even he would feel bad. There's a certain amount you can fake. Wonder if they would pan out and we would see her really being thrown.

Do the Chinese police really transfer straight out of police academy graduates into the major crime unit? Or is this the violent crime unit? I am slightly lost now especially since I have been stuck on Love me if you dare since last weekend. Sigh, really wish I had more spare time to watch dramas like I used to. No time to even marathon it.

Oh gosh episode 15 is just so good. The whole cast was superb!

Spoiler

Everyone is blaming themselves and it's just so sad. And everyone is crying. :(

And you just gotta love the friendship between Yao Meng and Xu Xu. This and Zhao Han's friendship with Ji Bai is where the series is actually superior to the book. I'm glad for all the changes the series make to Yao Meng.

@ck1Oz

Spoiler

Yao Meng and Zhao Han were chasing after a criminal called Brother Lu, who was actually a woman despite the name. Brother Lu grabbed a passerby and threatened to kill her. Therefore, Yao Meng gave up her gun. Brother Lu killed the passerby anyways, used Yao Meng's gun to shoot Zhao Han, then stabbed Yao Meng with a knife.

Physcially, they are both recovering well now. Yao Meng is suffering from PTSD though.

In regards to episode 15

Spoiler

if you think about it XX is scary... in just a few weeks/months (?; not sure about the amount of time that has passed) XX has developed her skills so much that's she's even better than before (although if based on the preview of ep 16 she still gets in trouble... so let's give her some leeways yea? she's still a newbie nevertheless... and plus!! it's fun to see JB still rescuing our snail once in a while!! ^^ if not how will they develop their relationship even more... :D ).

in episode 15 her shots (after YM left) was soooo accurate!!!! all bullseye (except for 1, but even that was still worth a 10). plus!! she can fun much faster now unlike before!! (and with a smile too!!!!) and this is the person who failed her physical test exam!!! plus, she now realizes her flaws when making deductions (based on ep 10). hopefully she'll be ready in time for the "big battle" and the "test" that's supposed to occur in 3 months or less. seeing from the previews we're up for more heart-wrenching scenes...

but nevertheless, so far... our XX has grown so much now :confounded: so proud.... :bawling:

@gracebkk From the start I have always admired XuXu. I was impressed by her reaction in the first case:

- she noticed the real culprit and was able to follow him 

and when she was the hostage, she never freaked out, but even remained cool. She even tried to manipulate the culprit to surrender, while she had a knife on her neck. She showed no fear and could think properly... 

Then even before meeting JB, she knew that she had to pass the physical exam... she knows about her flaws and she has no problems to acknowledge her lacking and her mistakes. besides she proved her determination to improve her physical condition. That's why I like her very much... she doesn't look down on others too. So I am not surprised by your description!

@dmtdt@dmtdt thanks. Darn guess I will have to squeeze in time for ep 13 to 15 this week.

I took a break from Love me if you dare to ask another question. Who is this writer? Either the drama adaptation is better or the novels are good. I think the casting has been spot on for both. But this is a writer right? Never been a drama writer? I am trying to google about her but couldn't find any bio etc. What in the world did she study or before writing? Or how long has she been writing?

Archived