[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] When A Snail Falls in Love 如果蜗牛有爱情

sugarplum892

10 minutes ago, lolalarue said:

They changed the intro for episode 7 - it's a bit sad, I really liked the cartoons. 

@lolalarue... I saw that to chingu, it wasn't so bad. I looove the fade in and out on Ji Bai and Xu Xu. I miss the cartoon toooooo :tears::tears::tears:  Zhang Shiyong is a pain in the as## , Since he had the nerve to calllll ZiXi HIS WOMAN :angry::angry:

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh for some reason dramafever is only letting me watch episode 7 and Viki 8-9 isn't fully subbed yet. I can't wait. Even watching without subs it's totally arresting. I can't look away. The show is beautifully shot. Can't wait to find out what happened in the cigarette interludes. 

Ji Bai has been hot stuff since University apparantely. It's not surprising. :)

Do you think he realised he was drinking from her bottle of water? I wasn't sure he noticed. 

2 minutes ago, lolalarue said:

Ugh for some reason dramafever is only letting me watch episode 7 and Viki 8-9 isn't fully subbed yet. I can't wait. Even watching without subs it's totally arresting. I can't look away. The show is beautifully shot. Can't wait to find out what happened in the cigarette interludes. 

Ji Bai has been hot stuff since University apparantely. It's not surprising. :)

Do you think he realised he was drinking from her bottle of water? I wasn't sure he noticed. 

Chingu @lolalarue....Chingu, He knew he was drinking from her bottle. Besides she put it infront him. LOL LOL If she hadn't done that then he might have not doe it..... :wub::wub:  I am thrilled he did it... she was like so shocked.... Chingu are not a premimum member for DramaFever?? If not that maybe why... Lately viki and dramafever can only show some drama's at a certain time. Only people who pay can watch drama's fast. It all depends on the drama itself. 

7 minutes ago, jma030201 said:

Shi Young in the novel is described as very handsome/dashing that even XuXu noticed. In the drama, the actor playing that character is ugly!!!!!

So true chingu. @jma030201... I HAVE NO IDEA WHY WOMEN SEEM TO FALL FOR HIM... YUCKKKKKKK 

@UnniSarah I am a premium member and the first two weeks I got all 3 episodes straight away. Maybe they're changing things up because it's popular and my location is affected. Anyway, it just means I have to wait longer and then rewatch! 

Shi Young is gross and ugly. But maybe they felt if he was too good looking we wouldn't find him repulsive enough by his personality alone. 

49 minutes ago, lolalarue said:

It all depends on which Ji Bai you are thinking of. If it's the novel Ji Bai, then I'd say he did it on purpose. If it's the drama Ji Bai, I'd say he did not notice and just grabbed the closest bottle of water. Xuxu did put it close to him.

1 hour ago, lolalarue said:

Shi Young is gross and ugly. But maybe they felt if he was too good looking we wouldn't find him repulsive enough by his personality alone.

Or it is budget related, they cant afford a better looking actor.... LOL... they really need to follow the novel ... *smh*

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu's I found out something. Wang Kai can singgggggf OMG. His voice is so beautiful. Go Here to watch him sing . 

Yes, he sings a track for Lang Ya Bang (Nirvana in Fire). 

I think this will be the drama to help me move on from Moon Lovers. It ticks all the right boxes and I love everything about it so far. It's even better than I had hoped. On top of that we have a brilliant female lead... a female version of Sherlock Holmes. And her cartooning skills... are just adorable. What more could a whodunnit fan like me want?

@40somethingahjumma I am glad that you like this drama too. ;) Yes, XuXu is really interesting as character:wub:. I have just finished watching the episode 9 and I guess, XuXu and ZM must have realised that the one who killed Ye Zi Xi was right-handed, while Ye Qiao is left-handed. YQ definitely saw a car leaving. There was a third person in the house. Maybe YQ discovered the body, she thought, her husband did it.

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@40somethingahjumma I am glad that you like this drama too. ;) Yes, XuXu is really interesting as character:wub:. I have just finished watching the episode 9 and I guess, XuXu and ZM must have realised that the one who killed Ye Zi Xi was right-handed, while Ye Qiao is left-handed. YQ definitely saw a car leaving. There was a third person in the house. Maybe YQ discovered the body, she thought, her husband did it.

@bebebisous33 & @40somethingahjumma-  agree with you both. Why would she protect someone that keeps cheating on her even though he is her husband, There is definitely something amiss within that family and the corporation.

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, of course I would... :lol: In fact, I'd even say that so far I like this show much more than Love Me if You Dare, primarily because of Xu Xu who is really such a breath of fresh air as far as Asian drama female leads are concerned. She's such a fascinating creature... I'm always wondering what she's thinking and I'm always eager for her to open her mouth because she usually surprises and impresses when she does. A woman who doesn't talk much does seem to be a being from another planet. ;)

While I like Ji Bai very much, I find him... for want of a better word... rather patronizing. Frankly many of the things he said about Xu Xu could quite easily be true of him to some degree or another. There's an arrogant streak that lurks beneath that intelligent and charismatic personality. There's no doubt he's incredibly good at his job and commands loyalty for good reason, but he can probably learn a thing or two from Xu Xu. It's a bit of a relief really that he's not the invincible cop that he seems to be and that Xu Xu does unsettle him with her quirky calm and matter-of-factness.

I'm all caught up now... the first five episodes were ridiculously fast moving while introducing what appeared to be a myriad of characters. But I'm glad they've slowed things down with the death of Ye Zi Xi. 

On 01/11/2016 at 10:05 PM, p3rsephone said:

I think that the reason he accepted her is because he realized that she does have a conscience and is able to recognize and admit when she has made a mistake. He does think she is quite smart and good at what she does, if she wasn't she wouldn't have been accepted even though she failed the physical. But he doesn't want anyone on his team to get hurt and often genius people are so sure of themselves that they let other people get hurt because they wouldn't admit to their mistake, so when he realized she wasn't like that he was fine with it but he still wants her to pass the physical so that she could be able to protect herself so that she wouldn't get hurt either.

I don't know if I'm making any sense right now 'cause it's really late. :dizzy:

My thoughts exactly :blush:

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Yes, of course I would... :lol: In fact, I'd even say that so far I like this show much more than Love Me if You Dare, primarily because of Xu Xu who is really such a breath of fresh air as far as Asian drama female leads are concerned. She's such a fascinating creature... I'm always wondering what she's thinking and I'm always eager for her to open her mouth because she usually surprises and impresses when she does. A woman who doesn't talk much does seem to be a being from another planet. ;)

While I like Ji Bai very much, I find him... for want of a better word... rather patronizing. Frankly many of the things he said about Xu Xu could quite easily be true of him to some degree or another. There's an arrogant streak that lurks beneath that intelligent and charismatic personality. There's no doubt he's incredibly good at his job and commands loyalty for good reason, but he can probably learn a thing or two from Xu Xu. It's a bit of a relief really that he's not the invincible cop that he seems to be and that Xu Xu does unsettle him with her quirky calm and matter-of-factness.

I'm all caught up now... the first five episodes were ridiculously fast moving while introducing what appeared to be a myriad of characters. But I'm glad they've slowed things down with the death of Ye Zi Xi. 

I find it very interesting that he reproached her to be self-centered, when she offered him to be the one who uses the lighter for him because it was actually the opposite. She wanted to show him comfort and support. Like she said, he is such a strong-willed person therefore he will refuse to show any feelings in front of people. That's why Ye Zi Xi couldn't come closer to him. He is a "lion" and as such, people might feel too highly of him so that they are afraid that they are not good enough in Ji Bai's eyes. Ji Bai has high expectations for himself and the others.

So you're right: he is using his strength and his confidence to keep people at a certain distance or better said, they feel, they are not good enough. Since XuXu is a person who likes observing people, she is able to see him through: his vulnerability disguised behind his force. 

As for the plot, I am more and more convinced that someone is targeting the family Ye, determined to ruin that family and it is connected to the money, when they started the Ye company. The uncle mentioned the past and something must have happened back then. A dirty secret: the origin of the money is connected to blood and a dirty business. Notice that not only Ye Zi Xi died, but also the company is facing financial trouble. The way the kidnapping happened had this aspect too: tarnish the name of the company. 

Archived