Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Ok chingu's , finally saw epsiode 10 and it wasn't raw. I am so shocked at what Hae Soo says and doesn't say's. In a earlier post I said Wang So knows heart better than she does and this episode confirms it. Wang So saw the panic in Hae Soo's eyes isn't about fear but being confined to the palace is bad for her. He even asked her to run away with him and she responds she wishes he can live peacefully without bloodshed. Hae Soo needed some air so he took her to beautiful place to calm her down. He shared something whit her, something precious to him. When Wang Wook proposed to her all she thought about is being safe. She doesn't want to get hurt and chingu's that is what we all want but sometimes being safe isn't enough. We want passion, love , excitement and the unknown that comes with it.  Even when she talks to Consort OH , she believes he won't change but it is also because all she has seen og WW is his calmness, kindness and love. She hasn't seen his other side chingu. Even OH did not buy WW won't change for the THRONE. I LOVE HOW OH TOLD ANYONE CAN CHANGE FOR THE THRONE. I love OH told her she knew about her WW and she is trying to save HS but Hae Soo keeps moving towars danger, she just can't help herself. 

I am looking forward to any critics coming my way..... I truly enjoyed today's episode. :wub::heart::heart::heart:

• Like 22

1 hour ago, sutcliff said:

The ending scene !!!! THE ENDING SCENE !!!!!! the blood, the way he endures the pain !!! The way he tried to get himself together physically until they cannot see him collapsing !!! WS protecting People by sacrifying himself !!! There's no way he'll kill his brother(s) !! I refused to believe that !! WOW this episode is so full in term of contents ! I really want to know the convo between Oh sanggoong and Soo!! 

At one particular shot, I felt that the queen was really disturbed of the fact that So drunk the poison ! Such a great actress this woman !!!!! 

Yess I 100% agree with you! Honestly, I can't imagine WS would kill his brothers... I refuse to believe it as well because deep down, he's just a broken man who wants some love from people around him. Under that mask, he's such a kind and compassionate person... The only reason why he acts the way he is now is because of what happened to him in the past and his actions now are a result of all that, not receiving much love and being spited by the people around him. This is one of the reason why I think Wang Soo can be possessive with Hae Soo. He finally found someone he can trust and love, someone who doesn't judge him from his scar and isn't afraid of him... That's why WS doesn't want to let HS go and keep ahold of her.... I think that's why he can be possessive about him but that ending scene just proves what a great and loyal man he is. Not only is he drinking the poison to save the Crown Prince but also for HS as well~ That's just one thing I love about that scene. He endures the pain from the poison to not let anyone see and he is doing it for CP and HS.

• Like 21

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Just watched the make-up scene in ep.10... Very interesting.

What HS was trying to tell WS about him mistaking her kindness towards him during his lowest mood as love instead of friendship, actually can apply very well to her relationship with WW too. She might have also mistaken her feelings for WW as love because he helped her during her struggles adjusting to new life and identity in Goryeo. Look who's talking...

Then when WS leaned in and she instinctively covered her mouth with her hand, as soon as he told her that he won't do anything to her without her permission, she very quickly lowered down her hand that was covering her mouth. That can only mean that she has great trust in his every word. Wow, just wow... When will she finally realize how much she can trust and depend on WS.

I think HS will realizes that WS has no intention to gain the throne the moment he chooses to drink the poison on behalf CP. He is the good one with warm heart and not as cruel as what she has seen in her premonition. She comes to understand WS kills for live and there must be a reason behind of his moves. 

Secondly, this man is willing to give up his life for her...where can he find such a man in the world? 

• Like 20

14 minutes ago, thenagain said:

I think there is a really interesting discussion to be had about Wang So's motivations for drinking the poison.

I think most of the comments I've seen have stressed that Wang So drank the poison to save Hae Soo because he loved her. That he gave his life for her. BUT what if he only drank it save the Crown Prince?. Visually, I know we see So intervene the moment HS came up the stairs with the tea but would he also have stepped in if Hae Soo wasn't there? If it was some random court lady with the new tea?

Personally, I ultimately think his actions were more about proving his sincerity to his father and the CP than about saving Hae Soo. Certainly, she was a factor of importance but if she was his main focus he could have just knocked over the entire tea pot. That would have kept Hae Soo the safest. If nobody drank the poison, nobody could be blamed. However, I think he wanted his mother and father to see how far he would go. He wanted them to know that he wasn't someone that could be swayed by power and greed.

Obviously there's no right answer here but I'd love to read other people's opinions.

Definitely. The development of So as a man and potential political player was certainly being highlighted in this episode to good effect.

But why can't it be both? If he was willing to prove to the Crown Prince and his father and even the vile thing he calls Mother how far he was willing to go to prove that he's nobody's tool, why couldn't it be a grand gesture to the woman he loved also? To prove to her how far he was willing to go to show that he could be worthy of her. Not necessarily to "save" her from the gallows but to show her in no uncertain terms that he was willing to give up his life for something he believed in. It's like what @bebebisous33 said, that he's not about killing now but about preserving.

As for knocking over the tea pot... as far as anyone knew, it was just a pot full of tea which apparently passed the poison test. So there was no way to be certain if he was just jumping the gun. Another teapot could have then be brought in. There are only so many pots one can break before it gets ridiculous. Moreover, he did drop the first cup handed to him.

Anyway, must fly... duty calls.

• Like 22

Hi All,

May I know where I can watch the SBS version with English subbed of this drama? The website where I watch this drama weekly shows the international version which has many cut scenes. Would appreciate if someone can pm me the link of the SBS version with English subbed. Thanks in advance!!!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, thenagain said:

I think there is a really interesting discussion to be had about Wang So's motivations for drinking the poison.

I think most of the comments I've seen have stressed that Wang So drank the poison to save Hae Soo because he loved her. That he gave his life for her. BUT what if he only drank it save the Crown Prince?. Visually, I know we see So intervene the moment HS came up the stairs with the tea but would he also have stepped in if Hae Soo wasn't there? If it was some random court lady with the new tea?

Personally, I ultimately think his actions were more about proving his sincerity to his father and the CP than about saving Hae Soo. Certainly, she was a factor of importance but if she was his main focus he could have just knocked over the entire tea pot. That would have kept Hae Soo the safest. If nobody drank the poison, nobody could be blamed. However, I think he wanted his mother and father to see how far he would go. He wanted them to know that he wasn't someone that could be swayed by power and greed.

Obviously there's no right answer here but I'd love to read other people's opinions.

I thought the same too initially. I have a feeling that if it were any other maid he would have thrown her under the bus as in stood there and proven she intended to poison CP. He would have saved CP in any situation. His set of priorities was CP>SOO>Himself.

But it all goes back to what motivation would royalty believe Soo had to poison CP and why did queen challenge So, How did she think this was going to play out? No matter the story, Soo and Damiwon were going under. If luck favored the queen, she would have got rid of CP from poison or So from the political maneuver or maybe both.

So had to do some quick thinking when he saw maid in question was Soo. He stepped up but his position was politically precarious so he first let the cup fall but later chose to drink the poison when queen insisted on another drink hoping to hold the impact in. He could not knock over entire tea pot without seeming disrespectful or accepting he knew of the plot which would raise more questions on his intentions.

In his mind he probably thought, he could off and die in some lonely corner or that  the punishment for poisoning him was less than killing CP and at the same time mock his mother. I don't think he expected to be saved.

• Like 24

17 minutes ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

She really is something. She said episode 11 when Hae Soo being framed an dtortured almost death is fun! XD

So if she said episode 12 is lot more fun than episode 11, I don't know what to think anymoreXD We sure has different take about being fun, Lee Ji Eun ssi... ^^;;

• Like 14

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Does anybody else think that there's something wrong with internet fandom when several pages are spent discussing something that may or may not have been said in jest when the most powerful scene in the show gets so little discussion? Apparently So isn't worthy of Su because he "threatens" to kill her lover but that's not even juxtaposed with the fact that he drank poisoned tea to try and save two people. One for love and the other for loyalty.

I really don't get it. I just don't. What more must a man do to prove he loves greatly?

This exactly. I feel like, in some odd sort of way, k-dramas have conditioned viewers to always expect more out of the leads. People don't talk about him sacrificing his life because, I guess, it's a lot more predictable in the whole world of male leads, so a lot of people instead are focusing on his threats instead? Except everyone else is always so preoccupied with trying to survive and WS pretty much goes and kills himself out of loyalty (and doesn't even want anyone to see!); either to HS or WM, or maybe even both.

Also, the bromance between Baek Ah and WS. It's real and I love it so much.

Edited by addaxi
grammar
  • Like 23

Oh.. Lastnite is very tragic but beautifull love story of Wang So.. I wish i could have one like him..:cry: I love how he moved for his lover, while WW doing the same as all of men do mostly, only give Soo promises.. Can't wait for tonite, let's this beauty and loyality love story continue., :wub:

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

About the poison, did WS know that YeonHwa is the one who provides the poison?

@deabakdrama Chingu he doesn't know at all. But he knows his mom is behind it. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MadraRua said:

AGREED. I've been trying to shift focus subtly but alas to no avail head-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

And we haven't even scratched the surface of the preview yet. For the rain scene in the c-version, 8th and 14th Prince came to see Ruoxi while 4th was there. I'm wondering if Wook will come by and see Wang So with Hae Soo in his arms? :D Too little too late my boy. hate-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

I always like for the subs to come and watch them before I comment or give my opinions. Unless I can understand the raw.. which I can't. Just saying. 

Oh the preview is breaking my heart,

i dont have the heart to watch e 10 just yet. i think i am going to wait for ep 11 so that my heart can feel better about WS. I really dont want to only see that poison scene 

39 minutes ago, SukBin said:

I just finished watching the episode and the preview.... Daebak !!!... it was one hour of riveting television... I would take this over puppy love stories any day...!!!

After seeing the preview... somehow I get the sense that Court Lady Oh will sacrifice her life for Soo and Soo will be kneeling in the rain for Oh !!! ???

Let see if this guess comes true.

Meanwhile coming back to our So.... You Go boy. !!! You are the real deal... one Gutsy Iron Heart Prince.... even after seeing what mind numbing stuff he is made up of .... if his mother still continues projecting Yo... she is not only cruel but Stupid too.... her sissy Son doesn't stand a chance against our True Alpha Wolf !!!!

So proved ones and for all why he is The One for Soo and not Wook.... "The guy literally sacrificed his Life to protect her..."!!!! while Wook continues to still play safe... waiting and waiting for a safe and comfortable way to appear towards Soo... funny how he realized that this episode and still continued doing it...!!!

One difference from Chinese version was Wook was ready to forego the throne for Soo... though I am sceptical of his "sacrifice"since he doesnt have a reasonable chance for the throne yet.... he had only relinquished waiting for some day for a way to open up to the throne.... this sacrifice would have made impact if he was a real contender to the throne like in the Chinese version where he was at an inch distance to the throne...

Coming back to our Wang So and his desperate threats to keep Soo... though i abhor such threats and find it dangerous... I would still like to believe that he would not carry through that threat... anyways the guy is literally unaware of how to woo a girl or let alone confess his feelings as i said earlier he was raised as a wolf and continues to behave in such  a way since that was his upbringing.... and his love is also characteristic of a Wolf's Love.... Wolf finds a mate only once in a lifetime and its love for its mate never changes, never wavers.... its highly possessive of its mate ... just like our So...  and would tear any opposition to pieces...  Though I don't approve of  obsessive or threatening or forceful behaviour as such .... I cant help but root for our alpha wolf to get his true love...  cmon how to hate a person who is ready to die for protecting the love of his life even if when she had confessed  that she has feelings for someone else...!!!

BTW loved how So was worried if Baek Ah was the one Hae Soo loved... that would have been his worst nightmare.... he would have never recovered from it..!!!!:P

What surprise me about throughout the ep, (hearing from recaps and watching clips online) was that So was quite ready to step aside when it came to the throne, true he wants to be acknowledged by his father and the people around him of someone more capable than just a killing machine. In other words, he was the very thing opposite of what HS believes he is. I think that in itself speaks great depth about So's character. 

And how sacrificial he is indeed, he put his body in front of his brother and HS. I am quite happy that unlike Wook who has more or less kept his feelings about HS private. So is not shy in acknowledging that he does really like HS, true the whole 'claiming' thing isn't something we are used to but the fact that he went so far as to stake his claim is really showing how brave he is (especially despite that initial rejection of HS) 

I really want to see how the events unfold, So drinking three cups of poison is no joke, now we know why he coughed out so much blood. And how HS - Lady oh will turn out.

As much as i dont want Lady Oh to die, i feel it is necessary that she does, because with her character dying it is the most painful way to tell HS what exactly the palace is like. HS cannot have this mentality that once she marries Wook, that all she needs is to live in a bubble in the palace. that is never the case, the pressures of being a wife in that age is so different to the modern version she is use to seeing. 

• Like 20

9 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

I'm watching this show to see a 21st Century woman love a man in spite of his 10th century tendencies that have been compounded by the fact that he appears to have been raised by wolves. I don't know what drama others are watching but my own personal 21st century sensitivities were sidelined before I even started this drama, as they always are for sageuks or historical dramas of any kind.

Someone, earlier in this thread, showed how So is an anti-hero and not exactly the typical hero-protagonist we've come to expect in romcoms. I wish I could find that post because it clearly highlighted the characteristics of a character who's supposed to have some flaws and if the whole point of the show is to show how he changes in order to make the heroine happy, they're doing a great job. For me, the fact that a person like So, in So's very favorable position in society (a male, prince, etc) is willing to go as far as he's going to make Su accept him, pleases me a lot.

What people are not realizing is that So is growing and learning. Like he said to BaekAh, he doesn't exactly know how to relate to people. He learns after he's shown that what he's doing is wrong. He forces a kiss on Su--her reaction lets him know it's wrong--Lesson he learned: he won't kiss her without her permission again. He killed people--Su's reaction doesn't show him that it's wrong (in fact, she says it's justified if he wants to live)--what kind of lesson do we suppose he learned there? No wonder he tells Su that she sees him for who he is. When he said he would kill anyone other than BaekAh, what did Su say? Nothing. For someone who was so scared of him, and yet was able to tell him clearly that she was in love with someone else, what prevented her from telling him clearly that killing someone for that reason was wrong? So would have learned, since he wants to please her. He's like a child, learning the world.

This, to me, is actually the best time for Su to drum in some 21st century proclivities into So, if she were thinking hard enough and if she really wanted to prevent her visions from coming true. Is it unfair that she's essentially been thrust into the role of a mother and keeper of a dangerous man? Yes, it's unfair. However, there's no denying that So's like a baby chick who just hatched and the first face he saw was Su.

I love Su as much as anyone but her wanting to accept Wook's proposal in an effort to get away from this responsibility strikes me as very hypocritical considering the fact that she was just having a panic attack thinking about how So would kill his brothers. What, as long as Wook isn't killed, it's alright if the others are killed? What kind of logic is that?

After she calmed down, she went back to believing that WS wouldn't kill his brothers. In the SBS version, she thought was she had seen was only an illusion. Not sure why they would take that part out for the international version.

• Like 18

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Episode 10

by HeadsNo2 | September 26, 2016 | No Comments

moonlovers10-00049.jpg

Our heroine now has two suitors with two completely different approaches vying for her affections, and with restrictions aplenty, hers doesn’t seem the most enviable position to be in. Despite everyone having something to say in the matter, ultimately the choice is up to Su, even if that means she’ll have to find a way to make her voice heard if she hopes to change her present, much less the future.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-10/

• Like 21