Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

3 minutes ago, am420 said:

9th prince is moving up the list to maybe 2nd for when the fratricide starts. I could completely understand why the real Gwanjong killed him if he is anything like his character. He is the only prince whose name that I don't remember but he always seems to skulking in the background being inappropriate but he seems to be the sneakiest of all the brothers even more so than Yo. 

Wang Wook is always a day late and a dollar short and I can't help but think that the same thing is about to happen in episode 11. He spends too much time thinking about what he should do that he doesn't get out of his own way in time to accomplish what he wants. I can't help but think that his marriage proposal is coming now because So took her out of the palace without a second thought and he's scared of losing her, the other time he wanted to marry her was when the king was going to. There seems to be a pattern of him stepping up when he thinks that he is going to lose her and that annoys me. Hae Soo's monologue in her head after he asked her to marry him was the strangest thing ever. It wasn't I love him and I might finally get to be with him or even considering the repercussions of him wanting to marry her it was he will never change and I can trust him. I was side eying her the entire time because it's quite obvious that she's not in love with him.  

Court Lady Oh was one of my favorites this episode she was dropping some truth bombs that HS has been trying to ignore. The crux of which is that people change. I don't know what Soo's fascination is with people not changing but it is wholly unrealistic, different experiences change people and after the next episode she will not be able to hide behind that naivety anymore. For a modern day 26 year old woman her aversion to change is confusing. It was sad that evil queen caused Lady Oh to miscarry her baby, I'm hoping that history doesn't repeat itself especially because she seems to see herself in Soo. 

I was disappointed that Wang So didn't apologize for forcibly kissing her but drinking three cups of poison to protect her has gotten me to let go of that a little bit. I glad that Soo told him that she likes someone else even if I'm side eying her and Wook. Because, one of the best things about So and Soo  has been that they have been able to say to each other what they haven't been able to say to anyone else.0

About So still pursuing Soo though she told him that she likes someone else, if that were to happen to me I would be very annoyed but that's because I grew up in the 20/21st century not 10th century Goreyo and I have certain expectations about autonomy and what I consider respectful that probably didn't exist then. That said I think that it's totally in character for So to be like okay and still continue to pursue her. He's a guy who has lived his whole life isolated without friendship or love now he has both and he's not going to let that go, this is the guy who killed an entire monastery of monks and burned down their sanctuary to protect his mother who treated him like he was lower than dirt, there should be no surprise that he's essentially like as long as it's not Baek Ah, whatever, plus I think that he's of the same mind as me that Soo has feelings for him so he's not going to give up. I did appreciate that he told her that he wasn't going to stop instead of pretending that he was going to and then continuing to pursue her when her defense are lowered because there is nothing more annoying than a guy who pretends to be okay with the situation and then does all kinds of underhanded things to try to win your affection. 

They should have included the scene with HS taking out the hair pin in the international version because even though I believe that HS was first shaken by So after doing his makeup (a scene that was also cut from the international version) the narrative right now is that So likes her romantically and her feelings for her are only platonic but all of these scenes that were cut out of the international version seem to indicate otherwise. 

LJK was so fabulous in this episode, watching him embody Wang So and all of his micro expressions is so enjoyable. The scene where he was drinking the poison and trying to pretend that it wasn't affecting him was so excellent, I felt every emotion right with him. 

Yes , I am a SoSoo fan all the way. I will say this I believe if Wang Wook had spoken up about his feelings to everyone then I think So would have given her up. WHen he said he would kill the person she loved if it weren't Baek Ah, I think it was all lies. He only said that just because he can say that. I really don't think he meant it. He said it because that is all he knows to stop someone from taking someone precious to him. LIke @millie10468 said ( I highlighted what was important )  Hae Soo will be his teacher and lover. She will make him understand what he can and can't do. It may seem like a big job for her but even though she is in a teenager body she is still the adult. SHe is wise when she wants to be but refuses to see what is in front of her. For example Wang SO has told her he friendship and love are the same to him. He doesn't know the difference, He is growing and learning and once he has evolved. He will be a great king because He will be know when to use violence or diplomacy to rule his kingdom.

50 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

I'm watching this show to see a 21st Century woman love a man in spite of his 10th century tendencies that have been compounded by the fact that he appears to have been raised by wolves. I don't know what drama others are watching but my own personal 21st century sensitivities were sidelined before I even started this drama, as they always are for sageuks or historical dramas of any kind.

Someone, earlier in this thread, showed how So is an anti-hero and not exactly the typical hero-protagonist we've come to expect in romcoms. I wish I could find that post because it clearly highlighted the characteristics of a character who's supposed to have some flaws and if the whole point of the show is to show how he changes in order to make the heroine happy, they're doing a great job. For me, the fact that a person like So, in So's very favorable position in society (a male, prince, etc) is willing to go as far as he's going to make Su accept him, pleases me a lot.

What people are not realizing is that So is growing and learning. Like he said to BaekAh, he doesn't exactly know how to relate to people. He learns after he's shown that what he's doing is wrong. He forces a kiss on Su--her reaction lets him know it's wrong--Lesson he learned: he won't kiss her without her permission again. He killed people--Su's reaction doesn't show him that it's wrong (in fact, she says it's justified if he wants to live)--what kind of lesson do we suppose he learned there? No wonder he tells Su that she sees him for who he is. When he said he would kill anyone other than BaekAh, what did Su say? Nothing. For someone who was so scared of him, and yet was able to tell him clearly that she was in love with someone else, what prevented her from telling him clearly that killing someone for that reason was wrong? So would have learned, since he wants to please her. He's like a child, learning the world.

This, to me, is actually the best time for Su to drum in some 21st century proclivities into So, if she were thinking hard enough and if she really wanted to prevent her visions from coming true. Is it unfair that she's essentially been thrust into the role of a mother and keeper of a dangerous man? Yes, it's unfair. However, there's no denying that So's like a baby chick who just hatched and the first face he saw was Su.

I love Su as much as anyone but her wanting to accept Wook's proposal in an effort to get away from this responsibility strikes me as very hypocritical considering the fact that she was just having a panic attack thinking about how So would kill his brothers. What, as long as Wook isn't killed, it's alright if the others are killed? What kind of logic is that?

Thank you for your insight chingu. I especially loved it when she decided to teach him the difference between friendship and love. SHe tried to explain to him her helping him was only to help him not to give her his heart. What kills me is that when he told her she" WAS HIS". Didn't that ring any Bells in her end. Instead she was all flustered from his attention until the visions. Hae Soo is really afraid of herself. I wonder sometimes why she is afraid of herself????

• Like 20

4 minutes ago, qwenli said:

@briseis are you going to write about SoSoo and the horse? PLEASE do:D

I wonder how many times IU rode the horse with LJG. Heehee.

----

I agree WS may be abit self centered, he doesn't care who HS is liking now, as long as he is in love with her.

To me there could be two possibilities 1) he doesn't believe her, because he is confident she likes him in someways. All their chit-chatting and makeup sessions. To him, there must be something going on right? 2) he can't bear to know who the other person is. He doesn't want to know.

All these, you can say arise from his lack of social experience but such folks tend to love very intensely and in a dedicated manner

its like the  strong silent type that is only devout to one vs  a super glib salesman who charms many.

Here I see a parallel to 10th's wife and also Myunghee, both love their men despite knowing it's a one way traffic. Are such love wrong? I think we have to take it in context.  

@40somethingahjumma @sharreb @meahri_1 @Yippeuni

For me...I like option 1, with additional thought that So never think about her and Wook is a couple, after all he know that HS is the sister of lady Hae, Wook deceased wife. So HS and Wook is a couple maybe the last thing he has in mind. For all the times he only think Wook protecting her because of lady Hae not because his personal feeling. 

• Like 17

53 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:
please do not quote images- videos 

these news really make my morning more awesome ^^

Edited by LyraYoo
  • Like 5

After re watching episode 10 I am literally become a devil apprentice... I keep replaying scene where I hung crazy eomma and tear her body in pieces by ropes....how come a mother be that cruel....What is it become a mother of King will take her?? after all she is only the mother...not THE KING....it's always the king who will rules...and if somehow along the way Yo lost his mind somewhere in hell and he ignore her what will that make her...a thrown mother of king???

• Like 8

I've watched the International version yesterday and will be watching it again soon (in less than 15 minutes).  After that, I will check out the Eng Sub SBS version. Oh and yeah, I do read the recap and comments at DB.  Wish I'm this diligent when it comes to work and studies.  Sigh :phew:

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Episode 10

by HeadsNo2 | September 26, 2016 | 76 Comments

Edited by LyraYoo
Dramabeans does not allow posting of the whole content to other site
  • Like 16

3 hours ago, staygold said:

I loved all three princes' expression when HS said she will go back to the palace with WS!! 

Poor WS too couldn't believe his ears!!!! gymnastic-pink-mouse-emoticon.gif?129295

I know right! His smirk when she said that! You got to love him:heart:BTW, where did you find that animation? The only ones I have are something like the emojis.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

IU reveals that good things will happen in today's episode

any idea what will it be, chingus?

So will save her and she fall in love to So....DEAL!!! great things surely will happen to us tonight...Well people said its often a rainbow show up after the rain right????  16

But my Wook...ottokkee???? darn ...make up your mind Yippeuni is it So or Wook that you ship????!!!! I don't know just hung me instead for wanting those 2 men as my husband at once....I know I commit a great sin king taejo.... 42

• Like 10

Image result for moon lovers scarlet heart ryeo episode 10Image result for moon lovers scarlet heart ryeo episode 10Image result for if you could see my heart

I thought the scenes of them on horseback and even standing beside the water as the tide rushed in and out you could almost hear the waves as WS really opened himself up and spoke differently than I have heard him in the past.  I also kept watching HS and as crazy as this sounds I really think although her heart is attached to WW at the moment she is feeling something at least enough to have made her keep the hair pin and place it in a drawer.  It's more about the way he makes her feel and how he seems to be inch by inch making her think within herself...

You could feel it again when she offered to fix his scar and she was trying to express that he might be confused but he quickly put that idea to rest letting her know no matter how she labeled it his feeling were for her and her alone. It's when he grabbed her and held her close that I wondered what was it she was thinking.  But even more what was she feeling?

Even after the WW tells HS about his plans asking her to marry him it wasn't a quick response like you would have thought in fact she didn't give him one,  he asked another question.  Why is that and why does it feel as if to her he is a safe bet which takes me right back to the fact that all the princes are different and all of them have problems some we are able to see some that are still hidden...  I think what bothers her most about WS is her knowledge of the future but I think very soon she will see so much more when it comes to WS...

I have to admit that even though I did watch the Cversion and it's always in the back of my mind.  When posting I try to only think and respond to what I have seen and know about this and only this drama.  Because to be honest I think all the princes except maybe one or two love HS in their own way.  There is no doubt that WW wants HS and is even feeling some pressure from what I call the dark side.  When meeting his Mother and sister you feel for him at least I did he was willing and wanted at first to do the right thing.

The truth is the dark side is growing larger now it's the 3rd and 9th which made me a little sad in this episode:sweatingbullets:But what hurt even more was how quickly the King went from saying he trusted his son WS from now not trusting him at all and wanting to send him away.  WS nailed it on the head the King doesn't know his sons at all or their feelings or their hearts...

It must be hard to be WS he wants his parents to see his heart but they don't.  He wants his brothers to see his heart but most don't.  He wants the woman he loves HS to see his heart but she chooses to look the other way.  How hard it would be to never be loved when you deserve it more than they know...

48 minutes ago, tessieroo said:

Ya know...if the King knows EVIL Queen Yoo is tryin' to stir up some stuff and cause trouble (and it appears he knows) - why doesn't he just exile her, hang her, or behead her? :P She is committing treason after all, by trying to depose the Crown Prince. Most likely because then we wouldn't have a story. ;)  Pftttttt, I'm so over her nasty antics. She needs to go. 

Haha. But then she is backed up with a powerful clan , so poor King have to deal with her despicable games in court. 

--

Waves to TeamFerrari

tumblr_oe502w89Iq1sfvcdao4_250.giftumblr_oe502w89Iq1sfvcdao9_250.gif

tumblr_odhm67pfTv1smlv48o1_500.gif

• Like 24

I love all the actors, but to be completely honest I don't think people are wrong when they say LJG's carrying a lot of the show. I think part of it might also be because he just has substantially more experience than the rest of the cast (insert LJG joke about him being old here), but honestly I'm loving that Wang So is getting more and more screen time because his character is so fascinating to watch.

ALSO JUST ~12 HOURS NOW I'M SHRIEKING I FEEL EVEN MORE UNPREPARED FOR EPISODE 11 THAN I DID FOR EPISODE 10. I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO BE HAPPY; IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

(Off topic but I just watched King and the Clown and I have an entirely new respect for LJG. He pulled off the effeminate role so well and it was like whiplash after watching ML.)

• Like 23

I've watched episode 10 in the train to my office and I smile so broadly that ahjumma beside me must be thinking I'm a loony. 

Is it wrong for me to said my heart beating so fast when I saw the scene in the beach and when HS applying make up for WS? The "you're mine" thing maybe annoy me when it applied in the real life but not in the drama. Does it make me a bad feminist???? 

But I agree with you all. LJG is GREAT actor. The ending scene is truly magnificent act. Can't  wait to see the rain scene in tonight episode. 

• Like 24

48 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Oh my God, Wang So's smile ... I die! :heart: Who won't falling in love when see that beautiful smile?

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 18