Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

A part of me wonders if one of the reasons why HS has been so reluctant to fully adapt and remove her rose-colored glasses is mainly because she has been subconsciously afraid of losing her identity. She comes from the 21st century and essentially takes over another's body that is not truly her own skin and is thrown in this political mess. It is clear she values her independence, rights and what made her who she is from the 21st century, but by having to sacrifice that (even though it's for the best and for the sake of survival) means to lose the only thing she has left. But tomorrow she is about to lose multiple things she cherishes all at once. Her freedom, her precious mother-like Mentor, and ultimately her innocent and optimistic perception of the world and those around her, aka everything her 21st century self embodies and cherishes- for better or worse.

The one thing I am sure she will be regretting the most is not taking up Lady Oh's offer to leave the palace, because while Lady Oh was looking out for her. It will eat her alive to have not left when she was given the opportunity to, because if she had, maybe Lady Oh wouldn't have had to die in such a cruel way.

• Like 23

2 minutes ago, blue003 said:

I hope now they would start shifting a bit from the romance. It would be interesting to see how the rest of the princes develop their grey areas. At the end of the day, no one is pure good nor evil

Very true ,  No one is pure good nor evil. 

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, thenagain said:

If you watched the RAW that line was said in such an offhand way - as if he wasn't at all serious. So I think you might be placing a little too much emphasis on it.

BUT even if it was - that doesn't hurt the credibility of his love because there isn't one kind of love in the world. I think what is important to realize is that everyone loves differently. You are judging this character on your 21st understanding of a positive healthy IDEAL relationship would be. But no love is perfect. Every relationship has problems. Even today.

After all how could Wang So honestly know that his comment would be seen aggressively? He's never loved. He doesn't know or understand the feeling - he can't even tell the difference between friendship and love. He has to learn how to love. That's what makes the story interesting! We're watching him figure it out.

I mean imagine for a second you had never tasted a

banana. The first banana you EVER tried was one that wasn’t ripe enough. It would taste slightly bitter but still kinda good. How would you know that ALL bananas

don’t taste that way? How would you know that a normal banana is suppose to be sweet and soft, not hard and bitter? You wouldn't unless someone tells you or you finally experience it for yourself. Same thing with Wang So and Hae Soo. Love is his banana. He has NO concept of the positive way to love. He doesn't know what 'a true love' should do, or say, or be.  That doesn't mean he doesn't feel love or that it doesn't mean something. It means he doesn't realize how amazing and special it SHOULD feel. We just have to wait for Wang So to ripen up a bit - eventually he'll grow up and realize what he SHOULD be doing.

Banana might be great to taste. But there was a paper pasted on it that told him that this banana belonged to someone else and he still insists on stealing it. Stealing is wrong!

13 minutes ago, thenagain said:

(ps. Its also not like he's not forcing him to love him back. He's just forcing her to be near him. Hae Soo allowing So to love her is enough for him.)

r the subs out? entire thing?

• Like 2

I loved all three princes' expression when HS said she will go back to the palace with WS!! 

Poor WS too couldn't believe his ears!!!! gymnastic-pink-mouse-emoticon.gif?129295

• Like 21

@40somethingahjumma I'm impressed with your analysis. I also agree with it regarding both your ocean interpretation and Su's development. 

I too followed the water imagery this episode. Two were quite explicit. Last episode we had the contrast of Wook and Su beside a covered up well with So and Su on a boat in open but somewhat stagnant water. And then it rained, with So receiving the mandate of heaven. I already interpreted that in terms of water suppressed and sheltered vs water just needing rain to burst forth to carry two lovers forward. And the rain came and with it the potential of this "ship" about to sail. 

This episode our river daughter takes a trip with So to the ocean and all that implies. Freedom, certainly, but also a river meeting up with an ocean, events larger than itself, choppy waters, the big scary world and a big scary love to go with it. 

She also finds herself once again with Wook in the cavern and we get the one image of a single drop of water dropping into a pool with ripple effects. This to me is Su's remaining feeling for Wook, condensed to a single drop of water (compared to a deluge of rain or an ocean), but it has consequences. A smaller life and a smaller love, already diminished to a single drop, but with the potential to cause big ripples!

I'm of course interpreting these images in view of some of the events we know are going to happen, but once again I'm impressed with the water imagery the script writer and director are deliberately placing into these scenes so consistently. They add texture, depth, context, and a mythical underpinning that for me, who has been following the imagery, doubles the romance value and my understanding of the scenes. 

Something from historical legend I'll just add here that kumoiwa on dramabeans translated from the Goryeosa. King Taejo too met a water maiden, Mu's mother, who was a Lady Oh in history. He found her bathing in a stream. I don't know exactly what the story behind Lady Oh is in this adaptation - I've wondered if she was Mu's mother because she too is a Lady Oh but the drama has not shown us that, only that she was at least an ex-lover and perhaps current lover of Taejo. But I don't think it a coincidence that Lady Oh seems tobe foreshadowing Su's possible fate, or that she sees herself in Su. Two women found in the water by founders of nations, Yuhwa by Hae Mo Su and Lady Oh by Taejo, and now this third kind of retrofit with Su, drowning in the water of the future, then re-emerging twice in the baths, once in front of all the princes except Mu and So, and then again for So only. 

• Like 19

Just a thought I had while watching with subs...

The reason a lot seems to be dissapointed with Wook - are exactly the reason the Character is dissapointed in himself.. And the anger some feel for Wook because of that it his Anger too - he is angry with himself - but he points this anger soon on the one Person who becomes his Rival about Soo. For Wook she is not the first Person ever he had .. but the first Person he really wants to have.

We all kow how it is for So....

So when we are dissaponted and angry - than that means KHN made a wonderful Job...

• Like 17

1 hour ago, imposs90 said:

@40somethingahjumma I would like to add that while Wang So was ready to kill many men in order to prove his love for his mother, he is actually doing the opposite with Hae Soo. Hae Soo values life and love more than anything, while Yoo values power over anything. His actions are always a reflection of their values  

• Like 21

I have to say it... I always wonder how bad this Rap Song could be - that it must even mentioned in the recaps... now I know... And I did not await that.... THAT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

Now I got you!

• Like 12

I was scrolling through my FB timeline and saw this article. And while reading this, only one person came to my mind. Our Wang So. This is like a description of him.:wub: 

You Were Not Made For Mediocre Love

Selflessness and empathy are written in your story; it’s always about what can you do for another’s sake and how you can make them feel worthy enough. It comes to you naturally because you are born to see things beyond the surface; you know deep inside that these people are just like you—wanting, needing and craving attention, belonging, and acceptance.

continuation in spoiler

Spoiler

For a person like you, who puts other people’s needs first on the list, who makes sure that their welfare is fulfilled in the most likely way, and who willingly gives without expecting something in return, you deserve all the great things in life especially in love.

You are not meant for something average, you are worth more than that. You are a precious human because you care more than you should, you give more than you can, and you love beyond your limits and capabilities.

So when I say that you’re meant to feel everything, it only means that you deserve to be pursued, cherished, and cared for. You’re destined to feel and receive the compassion you’re always handling to those in need. You’re worth every bit of effort.

And you deserve nothing but the best.

You don’t need a little bit of loyalty, you deserve ultimate faithfulness. You believe in people, you hold on to their abilities and talents, you stay true to them no matter what happens, and that should also go with the person whom you will save a space in your heart.

You deserve someone who won’t make you an option, who won’t ever leave you for some lame reason. You deserve someone who will stick around and stand by you.

You don’t need to settle for less, you’re bound for something huge.

You’re always willing to give what you’ve got without hesitation and second thoughts, an incredible piece of you that you simply can’t take away. When someone does a good act for you, returning them the favor in considerable amount is already noted to you. The person you will end up with should also strive to offer you all the good things in life; they should sacrifice and take risks just for you.

You don’t need sugar coating words, you’re meant for honesty. Being used to living the reality of this cruel world is etched to you. You’ve seen the fake, heard the hoax, experienced the worst. The person you deserve won’t break your trust, for them it is much better to hurt you with the truth than to comfort you with lies. You deserve the truth in whatever circumstances.

Mediocre love isn’t meant for a pearl like you. You’ve been through a lot, given so much, and sacrificed way too hard. Why not anticipate a love that is pleased to retaliate the things you do for others?

Because you’re so much more than what you think of yourself. Even though there are times you fail, you face shortcomings and you’ve been knocked down for countless times, you continue living, you continue giving, you continue growing, and you continue loving.

That’s who you are and you’re not made for any less than what you can be.

It’s not your problem if there are instances where they say you’re not good enough or you’re too nice; it’s them. The problem is within them because they don’t know how to value someone like you, an exceptional gem. They don’t know that there’s only one like you. They are being fooled of the concept that there’s better than you, of course there are, but a selfless creature that represents you is very rare nowadays.

You’re not made for “a little bit,” for less, for dishonesty.

You’re meant for everything that’s significant and worthwhile.

*reading this @ 12am accompanied by some senti music. brought me to tears* LOL I'm getting so attached to the characters, what have you done to me MLSHR???!?!?

also, just some song recommendations for our fmv makers ;) good night guys. x

Spoiler

lyrics of the senti song (:lol:) i was listening to:

This Life - The Afters

I come in to tuck her in. 
I'm so tired from where I've been, 
Doing all I can to stay awake.

As she goes on about her day, 
I hang on every word she says.
She reaches out and puts her hand in mine.

For a moment, we are here together. 
And it hits me that this won't last forever.

We can't own it
We just get to hold it for a while. 
This Life.
We can't keep it
Or save it for another time. 
This Life.

He was always there for me. 
Now he's fighting just to breathe.
I tell him it's ok to let go. 

As I look into his eyes, 
I know that this won't be the last time.
But for now, we're taking different roads.

For a moment, we are here together. 
And it hits me that this won't last forever.

We can't own it
This Life.
We can't keep it
This Life.

[x2]
What we give is all we have. 
How we love is what will last.
And this hope we know will carry us through this life.
What we give is all we have. 
How we love is what will last.
And this hope we know will carry us through this life.

We can't own it
This Life.
We can't keep it
This Life.

We were never meant to stay, 
So we don't have to be afraid
Of what is waiting on the other side.
Of this life

• Like 14

Maybe HS and Lady Oh will be declared innocent since the precious necklace they found was the crown prince's gift to HS? Hoping Lady Oh won't die.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Does anybody else think that there's something wrong with internet fandom when several pages are spent discussing something that may or may not have been said in jest when the most powerful scene in the show gets so little discussion? Apparently So isn't worthy of Su because he "threatens" to kill her lover but that's not even juxtaposed with the fact that he drank poisoned tea to try and save two people. One for love and the other for loyalty.

I really don't get it. I just don't. What more must a man do to prove he loves greatly?

That was a mind-blowing scene and so poignantly done. And LJG was gloriously wonderful in it... All the nuances, the twitches, the eye expressions, the shaking hand as he was holding back, knowing looks, little looks at IU. What a performance!

Really, LJG was fantastic in this episode from beginning to end. What a blast to see So's political savvy come into play!

I agree with you. He just proved his moral fiber and his conviction to his set of values. His selflessness is amazing because he risks all he has ...himself knowing that it might all amount to nothing but he cannot just stand there and not do anything. 

I was not sure what to think when he sadly thinks"You poisoned me" looking at Soo. Was he regretful that in the end he would probably die by her hand or thankful he died by the hand that he loved?

Couple of things I noticed

1) Soo noticed the shaking and looks up in surprise before lowering her eyes again

2) YH was seemed worried though she probably would have been impressed a lot more if she knew that So drank the tea knowingly to save CP and to some extent Soo

3)The queen seems to be gritting her teeth...not sure because she is concerned about him or because her prodigal son had once again managed to spoil her plot

• Like 23