Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

After episode 10.......I can see why WS would want to kill his brothers (YO, WW, YH, his Mother, the Clans and the rest that conspired against him and the woman he loved its a matter of WS and HS life or theirs. If HS find out how WS brothers mother and clansmen tried to set him up to have him sent out of the palace and they set her up to be killed for poisoning the CP. 

I hate the idea that WS ends up marrying YH, I really dont like her and how if she is behind the poisoning of the CP why would anyone of the Princes marry her......her motive is supposed to be because she wants WW to try to be King but we all know he is no where near close to being the King. YH is jealous of HS and cant stand her and didnt want WW to marry her and this was the perfect opportunity for her to get rid of her.

3 minutes ago, zerovk9x said:

And btw, i don't really understand why Wang So has to keep drinking tea? He knows it has poison after drinking 1 cup right? 

He couldnt leave any tea in the teapot or CP would have drank the remaining poisoned tea.

• Like 13

12 hours ago, edensor said:

I think Wook is still thinking about what is his perfect part. His mind keeps swayed between Hae Soo and what he actually wants to do. Not to mention the pressure Yeon Hwa keep giving him. 

I think he is still trying to test the water. What part he should take in his life, in the palace. What he want, what he should do as a head of his family. Who should he get closed to, to make his position stronger. 

I think so far the Princes devided into at least 3 side. 

1. Wang Yo with that Prince (forgot his name). They seems in one side. 

2. Wook with Jung. 

3. So with Baek Ah. 

And..

Maybe Crown Prince with Jin Mong. Even though I'm not sure where Jing Mong actually stand. His character is the most suspicious for me. 

I still don't know where Eun will stand in the future. If from Hae Soo's vision he killed by So, then... For sure he is not on So's side. 

I do agree with you but I hope that Wook doesn't end up on Wang Yo's side.. NO NO NO!

And Ji Mong is definitely most suspicious for me as well. When I re-watched the series a while ago I realised that Ji Mong is actually very very strange! 

• Like 7

The ending scene was really great. It is really painful to see wang so try to remain compose despite the poison starts to give the effects. His hands and his face as well as his smile are so heartwrenching. If my mother is not watching it with me, i have already shed river of tears watching his suffering. It is so hard to hold on with my tears while looking on that scene. 

On another note, I have given up complaining on the editing, and i will only enjoy this drama. there are only 10 episodes left and i am still not ready to bid farewell to this drama. Unlike the way i have been ready myself since earlier that shin joonyoung will die in uncontrollably fond, i am still not ready to accept that hae soo-so will not be together in this drama( if it follows the original). Anyway,Keep on shining, scarlet heart, goryeo!

• Like 19

OMO!!! Did anyone notice Yeonhwa's expression when he took the poison. I wonder was that tears welling up in her eyes when she saw him (WANG SO) drinking the poison tea. I am really curious/confuse about this scene. It literally broke my heart to see WS drinking the poison and looking at Hae Soo. Hae Soo not even looking at him . I kinda fee bad for him. I want her to love him back so badly because Once the kind dies , I don't think there will be time for some more romance. I mean Darn it. .... :tears::tears::tears:  She keep avoiding what is right in her face because she thinks she chased him around because of friendship but WW was already getting jealous and seeing the way she looks at him ain't out of friendship. Does anyone not think the same. She is so afraid of getting hurt she is choosing a path that will never be easy for her. Smh smh smh 

• Like 11

I read someone saying that you can't go from 50 to 100% love right away. Again, I think it depends on context.

I think since the first makeup scene, SO is already a goner.

And I think more than anything about WS not enquiring about who HS is liking now, it's a plot device, the writer doesn't want to deal with it now, but I am sure when So n Wook finally cross swords, So is going to have an Eureka moment.

Here I really have to applaud the writer, that entire beach side dialogue is so brilliant and heartfelt, it is a testimony to a writer who can write about love and emotions.

And I noticed the director giving hs a glaze look close-up looking at the sea, I think what they wanted to convey is hs finally sensing WS's love for her. She finally understands his confession.  

Now let's think about the reverse , can we go from 100% love to 50% or even less? I think it's possible, otherwise people won't breakup and move on.

Hs may have really love Wook in someways, but she is wavering already, she doesnt know her own feelings to WS yet, that hasn't been presented to us, but I look forward to seeing that moment, which think it's a major cliffhanger for this drama. The time when HS heart comes to belong to SO.

• Like 22

51 minutes ago, KymberleeD said:

Can't catch up on this thread anymore...! You guys are unstoppable...! 

Got a problem though...

when Wook said "will you be my wife?" ... i was nodding... 

but when So grabbed Soo after doing make up on his scar... i squeellllll....i wish that was me...! Eeeeiiii...! 

See... this is a huge problem right...? 

:wub:

Me too.... I've surrendered. 

I'm sorry, I have to do selective reading. 

I think  for the first case you nodded as a repsentative of HS but for the second case it was not as HS but you, yourself.  ;)

I guess you are not the only one.

Till tonight.

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, lilinguyen said:

And btw, i don't really understand why Wang So has to keep drinking tea? He knows it has poison after drinking 1 cup right? 

Because he's asking for 3 cups of tea from the CP, and it would be a dishonor to just take 1 after you ask for 3

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, lilinguyen said:

Oh, got it. Firstly i thought it's because he drinks it so that he can hold it until he can go out and alone to pass out. Nonody knows tea which Hae Soo services has poison, if he has any troubles (like die or something). And then i start thinking that it's not make sense but i can't explain :))

Yes he is trying to hold it so that if he collapse somewhere else, it won't be anybody's fault. But little did he know how toxic the poison is, anyway 3 cups is too much anyway.

But is it only me, but if so much blood is thrown out, the poison is quite serious isn't it? He would have been lucky to survive, let alone recover in time to save hs.:sweatingbullets:

But I forgive them, it's all for dramatic entertainment.

• Like 13

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Does anybody else think that there's something wrong with internet fandom when several pages are spent discussing something that may or may not have been said in jest when the most powerful scene in the show gets so little discussion? Apparently So isn't worthy of Su because he "threatens" to kill her lover but that's not even juxtaposed with the fact that he drank poisoned tea to try and save two people. One for love and the other for loyalty.

I really don't get it. I just don't. What more must a man do to prove he loves greatly?

That was a mind-blowing scene and so poignantly done. And LJG was gloriously wonderful in it... All the nuances, the twitches, the eye expressions, the shaking hand as he was holding back, knowing looks, little looks at IU. What a performance! We didn't even need subs.

Really, LJG was fantastic in this episode from beginning to end. What a blast to see So's political savvy come into play!

@brielover I don't think it was me dear. ;) I didn't say anything much about oceans.

I agree with you . LJG just completely overshadowed everyone in this episode . As he goes from strength to strength so does WS character ! And the climax scene was superb . That is what should be the talking point of the episode .

1 hour ago, persimmon18 said:

I  truly felt for Lady Oh. To have once been a young girl in love with a man only to be forsaken by him once he became king, and to become like a dog begging for scraps, her "scraps" being when she got to tend to him. Then to have her health wither and then be sentenced to be hung by the man she loves. I wonder if the king holds any remorse? Will his heart ache at the death of the woman he once loved...loves?

While I feel Hae Soo will suffer a similar fate, I believe Hae Soo's relationship with Wang So will be utterly different. Because even thought she will always be in a lower position and may never be able to marry him, to Wang So, Hae Soo will always hold the title of Queen in his heart and he will never forsaken her. I have a feeling if Wang So was king he would never sentence her to death, he would be like, "Step aside honey, I'll take that noose for you." I mean he drank posion for her, a noose is nothing to him. I hope Hae Soo realizes to what extend he went though for her, if she doesn't I'm really going to feel cheated. Hae Soo don't let Lady Oh's death be in vain, open your eyes to what's happening around you. 

Yes HS wake up and see people for what they truly are . Good and bad in equal parts . 

@briseis love reading all your in depth analysis ! 

• Like 11

We're going to be entering hell with Hae Soo tonight.. :( 

I mean being falsely accused, punished and tortured while worrying if her savior is still alive is just hell.. 

• Like 13

Hi eclipses! I'm still stuck in page 689, It surely is difficult to keep up with you guys~ So many important things going on episode 10 that it's freakin' hard to summarize my thoughts into one post.. With the time crunch i have right now, I'll stick to one thing only for now.

As a lousy observer who is keen to dig into many layers of personality traits this drama characters had, there's one scene that definitely catch my interest, the conversation within wang wook's family...

Finally, we got to see the glimpse of WW's and YH's upbringing that shape their personality and might explain their current behavior. Parents hold a crucial role in creating their child's predisposition to think certain patterns of thoughts and therefore engage in shaping their patterns of behavior. And for them, it was queen sinjeong's personality. Known as humble, kind, and virtuous queen, the way she behave on situation (in this case, her indirect passive approach in answering WW's plead to marry HS) undoubtedly lead to some confusion to the emotional psyche of her children. Her calm, retiring, somber, and reserved approach in manage their affairs and deal with their situations created a suppressed frustration and dissatisfaction on her children. For heaven's sake, deep down inside they are all miserable and tired being treated as everybody's doormat. And in a way, her buddha-like way of life can be viewed as a toxic environment too for her children.

Now if we need more reason on why wook was so indecisive, full of burden, inexpressive and too careful, it was definitely because he is (trying his darnest) resemble his mother. A common measurement for children to be considered as well-mannered and obedient is if they could adopt as much as possible traits as their parents'. And that pressure in the olden days without a doubt was much more apparent as their schooled the belief of filial piety, an act of submissive compliance and respect to their parents, which to this day still well existed in eastern asian region.

The problem is, there is no such thing as 100% in-sync of character description between two different people. Hereditary is only one of its factor, but the different environment, circumstances, and societal expectations their children exposed to would definitely create another variation that differs to their parent. And the inevitable gap of emotional disparity between them could possibly caused an inner turmoil and dilemma within an 'obedient child'. Simply because of fear of rejection and to fit expectation, he will judge himself harshly every time his inner feelings start deviates from his parents, which would inhibit him from doing a lot of things that he loves doing and blurring the real feelings of his own, even after becoming an adult.

tht is why I pitied him. His very first step in firmly stating his wants and opinions went horribly awry, even without his knowing. It was as mentally damaging (if not more) as WS's humiliation at eun's birthday and HS's betrayal of trust to WS. As both finally stepped out their comfort zone just to be attack with their utmost fear. But at least, WS has HS and BA who kindly accept and treat him as who he is. Not in WW's case, he is afraid , not even his family, brothers and even HS will respect his real feelings and accept his truest nature. No wonder he feels tired all the time, everyday he needs to live up everybody's illusion and expectation of him. You can't blame him if he went ballistic and become full villain after this trauma.

And the way queen sinjeong nurtured her children and her whole upbringing also explains on why YH behave the way she is. No one in her family ever listens, stood up, supports, comforts and protect hers and even their own needs. They just let anything's be, and with experience she understood very well that their passive way would never work. Her frustration and overall dissatisfaction crystallized as self-determination and what provoked her to adopt the very opposite of her mother's way, just to make sure that it will solve their problem. She had no problems doing all the dirty works that her mother and brother avoid just to keep their appearance, if that would guarantee success and release them from this emotional misery. 

• Like 18

43 minutes ago, qwenli said:

I read someone saying that you can't go from 50 to 100% love right away. Again, I think it depends on context.

I think since the first makeup scene, SO is already a goner.

And I think more than anything about WS not enquiring about who HS is liking now, it's a plot device, the writer doesn't want to deal with it now, but I am sure when So n Wook finally cross swords, So is going to have an Eureka moment.

Here I really have to applaud the writer, that entire beach side dialogue is so brilliant and heartfelt, it is a testimony to a writer who can write about love and emotions.

And I noticed the director giving hs a glaze look close-up looking at the sea, I think what they wanted to convey is hs finally sensing WS's love for her. She finally understands his confession.  

Now let's think about the reverse , can we go from 100% love to 50% or even less? I think it's possible, otherwise people won't breakup and move on.

Hs may have really love Wook in someways, but she is wavering already, she doesnt know her own feelings to WS yet, that hasn't been presented to us, but I look forward to seeing that moment, which think it's a major cliffhanger for this drama. The time when HS heart comes to belong to SO.

Hi! That was my post from earlier. I do believe that the first makeup scene did tip the scales for Wang So - especially coming from where he first started to realise that he feels more than friendship for Hae-soo. However, I don't think he went 'bam' and decided he was entirely in love with her and that she's the bane of his existence at that moment. Maybe it's a difference in perspective because I'm not one of those people who believe in instant love, and from the same show and scenes we perceive different things.

I feel like he didn't even realise how far he was willing to go for Hae-soo until he made that conscious decision to take the poison in order to save her. Wanting to kill the person she is in love with in order to keep her by his side is one thing - sacrificing one's life for the sake of another's really says how much this person cares for the other, and to me this was the 100% moment.

I saw everything else that happened between them as a buildup as we inch closer and closer to the point where he's utterly and irrevocably in love with her, and nothing says that more than willingly ending one's own life to save another's. 

• Like 13

i have finally caught up from page 690 where i stop yesterday night :).
i was reading about the way WS "behaved" yesterday and how it doesn't seem to sit right with some of us & how that the WS-HS ship hasn't sailed when it's already episode 10.

honestly, i am a Wook-HS shipper but I know it's just my wishful thinking but I don't complain that their relationship is going to end alrd because i respect the plot & i am genuinely looking forward to our OTP as well. 

i think we shd just be encouraging and if we don't understand sth or don't see eye to eye with it, we can post as a question or our dissatisfaction but aimlessly banging on a point that what is good or not good is not easy for everyone to digest also. :cookie: (cookie for peace)

i do find that the crux of yesterday's episode  was WS "sacrificing" himself for the poison be it whether it was to protect HS or CP, i believe he only had that 10secs to consider whether to "sacrifice" himself & he did it without hesitation.

i re-watched SBS version of episode 10 today and I really wanted to punch crazy queen, YH & 9th prince at the tea drinking scene, such scheming cowards. :angry:

• Like 9

HS self -monologue...in the cave when WW proposed to her... " he wont change. he wont hurt me. i could be happy with him. "...she said it as if to convince herself that she believed in him but you can see in her eyes...even she knew there n then she was lying, in denial and mocking herself because her heart was telling her the opposite. She wanted to believe all the good things that she can have with him but deep down her soul she knew somehow her destiny is not with him. She even said it out loud to sanggong oh when the latter literally spoke out the reality of her situation at the moment and the uncertainty, the dark realisation was clear in her shaky voice.

• Like 23

Could someone give me a link for the Korean version of ep. 10? I definitely do not want to miss anything from this episode! So was just so awesome in this episode. Hae Soo tried to friendzone him but it didn't work and then, the drinking of the tea was so noble and charming eventhough I knew he was just hurting himself. He was so great in this episode!

• Like 7

Just finished watch Ep 10..

even though I knew its gonna happen it still break my heart:bawling: when wang so drink the poison and when he said to HS while looking at her " I'm drinking the poison that you poured for me" :bawling::bawling: 

but the thing that make me angry is the evil queen, how can you do nothing when you knew that your son is drinking the poison

she is the heartless and evil mom in the world..:angry:

im still confusing with the poison, how can the silver pin doesn't turn black when they tested the tea.. Or maybe they are evil queen people..

• Like 16

Hi Chingus~

I can't keep up with this thread!! I've seen lots of comments about the theme of change in the few pages that I had time to read and another thought came in my mind after Ep 10 -- even the general's daughter who was so nice before changed!! The way she told HS off for still caring about her newlywed husband.

I can't imagine WW changing to be really evil or at least ambitious... what I am most curious about is if he will change so much that he's going to be angry and resentful toward HS for falling in love with WS (that's going to happen right?! as unlikely as it seems right now...) or if he'll just direct all his hate toward WS.

• Like 9