Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Given Hae Soo's misgivings towards Gwang Jong, I think that what ultimately makes Wang So becomes isolated, paranoid and cruel in killing all those person could very well be her. In the chinese version, a major problem with the female lead Ruo Xi is that she relied too much on her knowledge of history and modern values and sensibilities, as a result she became very critical and judgmental about everything the 4th prince did after he became king and automatically assumes that he did wrong without really bothering to understand where he came from and the difficulties that he has as a king which led him to make such decisions. I can speculate that this will probably be the case for Hae Soo, since at such a  early stage, he is already worrying about the brothers.

• Like 13

48 minutes ago, fangurling123 said:

I really liked that scene because it is building up to show So's true nature, his "scarlet heart."  He's always trying to help people, but in ways that people don't even know he is helping them.

As a quick summary of the scene, when So enters the room Yo again has a stab at him saying how even among brothers proper greetings and manners should be adhered to strictly. Yo says So still hasn't apologized for insulting him and their mother (i.e accusing them of the plot to kill the crown prince).  So then replies that if that is the case then he is the one who should be properly greeted first since Yo hasn't yet thanked him for saving his life (meaning what he did to hide the evidence on the attempt on the crown prince).  10th Prince arrives saying the emperor is bringing in all the south factions into the palace.  Wo says the emperor should embrace the factions.  Yo then says, true, a country can collapse in one split second (without careful political balancing).  Then Yo takes a stab at Baek by saying as an example, take a look at 13th Prince's maternal grandfather who was a grand Silla king but now is just a beggar relative who can't even enter the palace.  So subtly defends Baek by saying that the princes are really no different to beggars since they rely on the emperor for everything and can't get anything if not on his good side.   If you're going to live the life of a beggar, might as well go drinking.  He then says "Speaking of drinking, Baek, are you a strong drinker."  Back replies that is one of his specialties and both leave the room.  Baek then thanks So for coming to his defense.  So says no need to thank him, he just doesn't like the strong to pick on the weak.

<Edited to add:>  Baek then responds to So by saying that still, he would never have been able to speak up the way So did.

His thinking is definitely different from the other princes, he even perfectly know what is prince responsibilities too when he reprimand 14th. For someone who did not live in palace or taking formal classes like other princes, he is in different level. Impressive. hehehe.  

• Like 16

I just watched the newest episode with my limited Korean and English...and personally I think either version of this episode is disappointing. There are obviously a lot of scenes that are cut to fit the time slot, no wonder some of us feels like the plot is moving too fast...and some parts do feel unrealistic. Personally I think there should be a lot more of bonding scenes between Hae Soo and the 13th (Baek Ah). The after funeral scene and drinking together scene didn't show off their bond enough, since it's pretty pivotal to their relationship. Moreover, it's being paraphrased by Baek Ah to Wang So, it's just...doesn't do their 'soulmate' relationship justice. As much as I like the scene where Wang Eun cheering Hae Soo up, I think that one scene should be cut...because we already know their dynamics.

Also, the scene where Hae Soo is giving and getting herself out of marriage should be longer in my opinion...it should show us that Hae Soo is thinking her moves carefully to achieve a result where no one gets hurt while knowing the consequences. And personally, I feel the music editor didn't do a good job editing it in this episode...the forest scene, where Hae Soo is giving herself up, I like the pre-preview on Naver better, the instrumental music is more fiiting than Taeyeon's OST. Also, the music in scenes where princes are saving her doesn't fit it in my opinion. It should be more thrilling, rather than 'almost-comedic'.

It could be a good episode...but the editing failed them.

Edit : I just want to add this, Royal Concubine Oh is gorgeous!

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, rcalma said:

nobody releases .srt file yet for the english subS??? huhuhu im soo soo soo really really want to watch it with subs... huhuhu... help

Oh yes! I need it too. :(

• Like 3

4 hours ago, briseis said:

OMG! CAN THESE TWO BE ANY MORE SWOONWORTHY! Their scenes feel as if they were cut straight out of the most delicious romantic novel! There is a hidden intimacy in the way Hae Soo and Wang So ride together under the cover of fog; in the way he holds her so tightly. In the darkness of the forest they appear completely alone, with BA trailing way behind them.

@briseis Chingu , You write so well and totally on point. After watching the raw episode , I felt only SoSoo's scene were more intense unlike Wang Wook scene with our Hae Soo was just flat.  When the King arrived to consummate the marriage he found WW kneeling on the floor and Tae Jo " asked him why does he object to this wedding , he stuttered stuttered. OMG !! I was so mad at him for not speaking up. When I first saw him kneeling I was like crazy-monkey-emoticon-002.gif  crazy-monkey-emoticon-002.gifWS , your going to lose to WW. Even though I know that isn't possible but WW will get Some brownie points for trying. While he stutters and kept quiet. "  crazy-monkey-emoticon-021.gif crazy-monkey-emoticon-021.gif 

WS answered his father by giving him a different way to control the Hae Clan. The look on WW face when he saw WS was hilarious. I WAS YEAHHHH THAT IS THE WAY YOU SAVE YOUR GIRL.  crazy-monkey-emoticon-108.gif crazy-monkey-emoticon-108.gifcrazy-monkey-emoticon-108.gifBy not stuttering but by taking action to solve the problem. Help out th old man, help out that perverted man lol lol  crazy-monkey-emoticon-060.gifcrazy-monkey-emoticon-060.gif

• Like 24

Watching the K Version right now .... but the one Part I wish to know is still not subbed... has anybody a Page where the Confrontation with So and Yo is subbed? Please PM me!

I haven´t noticed that before so clearly - but Yo is more and more on the loosing side. He starts strong and feels almighty when he talks with his Brother. But So easily wins. So stays calm and Yo gets angry... he keep losing the Word Battles.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Watching the K Version right now .... but the one Part I wish to know is still not subbed... has anybody a Page where the Confrontation with So and Yo is subbed? Please PM me!

Spoiler

From my prior post:

As a quick summary of the scene, when So enters the room Yo again has a stab at him saying how even among brothers proper greetings and manners should be adhered to strictly. Yo says So still hasn't apologized for insulting him and their mother (i.e accusing them of the plot to kill the crown prince).  So then replies that if that is the case then he is the one who should be properly greeted first since Yo hasn't yet thanked him for saving his life (meaning what he did to hide the evidence on the attempt on the crown prince).  10th Prince arrives saying the emperor is bringing in all the south factions into the palace.  Wo says the emperor should embrace the factions.  Yo then says, true, a country can collapse in one split second (without careful political balancing).  Then Yo takes a stab at Baek by saying as an example, take a look at 13th Prince's maternal grandfather who was a grand Silla king but now is just a beggar relative who can't even enter the palace.  So subtly defends Baek by saying that the princes are really no different to beggars since they rely on the emperor for everything and can't get anything if not on his good side.   If you're going to live the life of a beggar, might as well go drinking.  He then says "Speaking of drinking, Baek, are you a strong drinker."  Back replies that is one of his specialties and both leave the room.  Baek then thanks So for coming to his defense.  So says no need to thank him, he just doesn't like the strong to pick on the weak.

<Edited to add:>  Baek then responds to So by saying that still, he would never have been able to speak up the way So did.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

could you pm me the link to watch the korean version?

I dun know why I have to watch two versions for a drama, :tears:

the last time for  Empress ki, only the ending is different for overseas and local version. Now in between eps, its different.:sweatingbullets:

I have only download the sbs version, the one that I have now exactly the same with what I saw last night can someone PM me the link for the dramafever version?

thank you, and the sub still not up yet in subscene, I remember there was also had a long paused on episode 2 subs it take a whole day for me to wait the subs appear on subscene. Wish they can upload the sbs version and dramafever version soon. 

Its confusing to have 1 drama in different version, I hope this won't happen again in next episodes.

• Like 10

so I just finished with the latest episode and I as a WW-HS shipper was very surprised that there wasn't alot of WS scenes, im not complaining but my God, the writers/director must want WangWook and Haesoo shipper to suffer in the end because their scenes were so intense in this episode! my second lead syndrome went through the roof today but i had to keep telling myself not to get too excited (my poor shipper heart) its so rare for me to ship the nice guy but Kang Ha Neul is doing a great job at tugging this poor fangirl heart FML 

i just want to say thank you to everyone for sharing your insight, whether your a WW/HS shipper or WS/HS shipper.

one thing i'd like to mention is that Nam Joo Hyuk is improving every episode. I really like his character!

• Like 13

20160912230224_cats_99_20160912230508.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-09-12%2Bat%2B3.28.57%2BPM.png

Sports Seoul - Naver: 'Moon Lovers' Lee Ji Eun enters the palace as a court lady...heart-wrenching romance with Kang Ha Neul

1. [+5,448, -396] Kang Ha Neul's tearful acting touched my heart..

2. [+4,636, -417] Hae Soo's hardships begin here... I hope Wang So consoles her a lot

3. [+3,957, -331] The look in Wang So's eyes, I love it ㅠㅠ He's a tsundere in the preview ♡ㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+3,189, -305] ㅠㅠㅠHer hardships beginㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+2,926, -354] Tomorrow seems like a heart-fluttering episode ㅠㅜ It was cut short because of the breaking news but great episode regardless

6. [+843, -92] Lee Jun Ki's crazy cool in the preview.. When he said "don't do it, because you could die"ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

7. [+779, -85] \^ㅁ^/♥\^0^/

8. [+832, -105] I love Kang Sky's acting. My second lead syndrome is kicking in again ㅠㅠ

Spoiler

1473687077728_99_20160912223204.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-09-12%2Bat%2B4.03.17%2BPM.png

Xports News - Naver: 'Moon Lovers', Lee Ji Eun's marriage partner was Jo Min Ki 'shocking' 
1. [+5,846, -249] Lee Jun Ki is the male lead but he feels like a minor role..He doesn't have enough screen time

2. [+3,396, -114] This seems wrongㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+3,281, -142] Yikes, but their huge age gap thoㅜWanggun, stop being greedy

4. [+2,508, -76] Father's greed ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+1,961, -88] Wth is this.. hahahahaha

6. [+860, -35] The men in this family are in love with only one womanㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/09/spoilers-monster-moon-lovers-moonlight.html

• Like 23

2 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

embeding of naver cast :

@LyraYoo, thank you so much. Let me try. and see if I understood correctly.

Nope. did not work.

Spoiler

I assumed when you say to enter as a HTML code, to enter in those brackets.

SHR%200-Soompi%20Question%20embed%20Nave

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1108403

but it did not work?

Vote for your Favorite Prince

125a88c9-022d-41d5-8100-83e365f742f4.jpg

http://www.chuutalk.com/

• Like 13

I dont rem who and which page asking for spoilers of C version of Scarlet Heart. You can read the plot and ending for it here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_Heart

2 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Lee Joon Gi Shares Concerns On Wearing A Mask For “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”

Lee Joon Gi recently talked about his experience on acting while wearing a mask for SBS’s “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo.” The actor plays the fourth prince Wang So, who covers his scarred face with a mask.

However, Lee Joon Gi’s was less concerned with his physical appearance and was more concerned in a different direction. “Wearing a mask while acting signifies the character’s drama within, so I was very interested and liked it. But when acting, it’s not easy to control my depth perception and there were times when I got dizzy. So I was deeply worried about what to do. Because that aspect intensifies during action scenes, I thought it was important to adjust as soon as possible,” he explained.

wow didnt know it was that hard filming with the mask and he has to adjust to the different types of mask too. But he didnt have to worry. He delivered his emotions perfectly whether its in the eyes, twitch on the face, slight lift of the lips plus the body language- so on point Lee Joong Gi.

13 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I haven´t noticed that before so clearly - but Yo is more and more on the loosing side. He starts strong and feels almighty when he talks with his Brother. But So easily wins. So stays calm and Yo gets angry... he keep losing the Word Battles.

So true. WS has the makings of a king. Theres really nothin much going on with Yo, just that he dresses glamourous like his mother. And really he is as how his mother grooms him to be. Its also interesting to point out WS came up with a better excuse when pleading the case with the king to not marry HS compared to WW. WS even found out evidence that the Hae clan sold horses to the enemy. WW looked to him in surprise.

• Like 20

I think there are two versions of episode 6,one that had been sold elsewhere like youku, drama fire, asiantv, onetvasia, etc. and the other edited version directly broadcast by sbs (basically International version vs korean version). 

Scenes that are visibly missing from international version for example :

1. haesoo-baekah bonding time during haemyung funeral 

2. Prince Yo insulted So and Baekah

3. Evil Queen complaining directly to King about his rushed marriage 

4. So scolded jimong and threatened him to find good excuse that could nullify haesoo marriage. 

I think that's it? Or Did I miss anything? Hehee.. please tell me if I miss other scene that differ from korean version. 

The scene might look minor but it could gives us more insight to their relationship in the story.. Because there are times that I feel weird and lost because their relationship and story developing too fast, it felt like there's huge time jump that we didn't notice.. And again I blame the PD and the writer for it.  

I wish they could handle properly the'hae myung funeral story arc'. It was a huge change in haesoo (and wook) life, even if it short, they could show us more how haesoo cope with her grieve and how she gradually change and adapting in goryeo better. This should be the highlight and in between her gradual transformation we could put meaningful interaction with the Princes and how they help her for it. They did it with wook crying scene but I wish we could put another scene with baekah as he was the one who felt lost in grief after those two. How his emotions change from blaming haesoo for her feeling to understanding her as he feel the same way towards haemyung and they both found more traits common in themselves not only their love for lady hae but also personality and point of view, thus 40 days (or more I forgot please cmiiw) of mourning bonds them together and they became close friends. And end this haesoo life transition with her monologue in front of hae myung grave, it should feel heartfelt and touching moments because this experience has haesoo grows as character. But in episode 6 everything felt rush and haesoo monologue didn't feel important or anything there are no sadness after her confession and just put randomly Jung and baekah in there. Smh. 

And between wang so and baekah as well they should handle their relationship better and highlight one of the reasons why they grow closer together. It just didn't make any sense after they put great length of effort portraying so as a lone wolf that doesn't care about anyone or anything suddenly being pushed by baekah (when he ask so to help soo it feels like nagging and can come across as bothering him around) and with so being older and higher rank than baekah it feels weird we don't know when this two suddenly become close and so comfortable around each other to even nagging him like this. Baekah feeling grateful and respect so is one thing, but them becoming so close like a brother that grew up together is another.. Their relationship felt unnatural and far fetch at this point. Although according to the c-version they're close and loyal to each other, judging only from this k-version only it indeed feels weird. 

• Like 16

23 minutes ago, fangurling123 said:
  Hide contents

From my prior post:

As a quick summary of the scene, when So enters the room Yo again has a stab at him saying how even among brothers proper greetings and manners should be adhered to strictly. Yo says So still hasn't apologized for insulting him and their mother (i.e accusing them of the plot to kill the crown prince).  So then replies that if that is the case then he is the one who should be properly greeted first since Yo hasn't yet thanked him for saving his life (meaning what he did to hide the evidence on the attempt on the crown prince).  10th Prince arrives saying the emperor is bringing in all the south factions into the palace.  Wo says the emperor should embrace the factions.  Yo then says, true, a country can collapse in one split second (without careful political balancing).  Then Yo takes a stab at Baek by saying as an example, take a look at 13th Prince's maternal grandfather who was a grand Silla king but now is just a beggar relative who can't even enter the palace.  So subtly defends Baek by saying that the princes are really no different to beggars since they rely on the emperor for everything and can't get anything if not on his good side.   If you're going to live the life of a beggar, might as well go drinking.  He then says "Speaking of drinking, Baek, are you a strong drinker."  Back replies that is one of his specialties and both leave the room.  Baek then thanks So for coming to his defense.  So says no need to thank him, he just doesn't like the strong to pick on the weak.

<Edited to add:>  Baek then responds to So by saying that still, he would never have been able to speak up the way So did.

THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU!!!!

I´m so happy now... really - I´m greatful! I before understood Silla and knowing the Backstory - I knew it would be something like this... but sure Yo went further and I so wanted to know how far and in which Way So helped Baek Ah out.  Yes that´s the real So the Brothers did not see clearly before - this Man doesn´t like the strong to go against the weak!

I wish to see them now having a Drink. :D

And there is more Information - so the King calls the fractions in will be the reason So will meet his friend today - and Ten have to deal with his soon to be Bride.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, irilight said:

@LyraYoo, thank you so much. Let me try. and see if I understood correctly.

Nope. did not work.

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1108403

Vote for your Favorite Prince

MOD EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES.

http://www.chuutalk.com/

Done Chingu 

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, theonlyone88 said:

Given Hae Soo's misgivings towards Gwang Jong, I think that what ultimately makes Wang So becomes isolated, paranoid and cruel in killing all those person could very well be her. In the chinese version, a major problem with the female lead Ruo Xi is that she relied too much on her knowledge of history and modern values and sensibilities, as a result she became very critical and judgmental about everything the 4th prince did after he became king and automatically assumes that he did wrong without really bothering to understand where he came from and the difficulties that he has as a king which led him to make such decisions. I can speculate that this will probably be the case for Hae Soo, since at such a  early stage, he is already worrying about the brothers.

yes, I am afraid this is going to happen. I think she is too caught in her modern thinking and doesnt not have an historical sensibility - at least for me, is not corect and reasonable to judge a period from the past only just through our modern lentiles , not taking in account the truth there maybe in those times; if we keep this kind of perspective, than we may better think that for the future generations we can also look like some barbarians; also there is not such a period where everything is worst than in our times; they have their betters in some areas; 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, fangurling123 said:

So subtly defends Baek by saying that the princes are really no different to beggars since they rely on the emperor for everything and can't get anything if not on his good side.   If you're going to live the life of a beggar, might as well go drinking.  He then says "Speaking of drinking, Baek, are you a strong drinker."  Back replies that is one of his specialties and both leave the room.  Baek then thanks So for coming to his defense.  So says no need to thank him, he just doesn't like the strong to pick on the weak.

<Edited to add:>  Baek then responds to So by saying that still, he would never have been able to speak up the way So did.

thank you for translation!! it's important to see that WS is not defensing HS alone, but he is really someone who is sensitive to standing against the strong ones that pick on the weak; does he not remain in history for an act eliberating slaves? or something like this? and for national civil examination? I like to see him that he has this in his nature, even before he falls in love with HS

• Like 16

6 hours ago, luffypyon said:

I hope we will get the sub for sbs version too. Just like what @IAmSoulReader said, it would be so much better that we will get a complete version with all scene + subs too.  Here the other scenes  in SBS version which aren't present in Dramafever version :

1. Haesoo and Baek-ah scene after Myunghee's funeral

2. Wang So and Wang Yo scene

3. Wang So and Baek-ah scene

4. King Taejo and Queen Yo scene

5. Wang So and Ji Mong scene

5 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

Actually SBS seems the one who air the most scene. As I saw all those scenes last night except scene where Wook hug HS and cried

If someone manages to find a version where all of these scenes are included or where the above scenes are subbed, I'd really appreciate it if you could pm me the link :wub:

EDIT:

Actually it seems like there is a cut and one uncut version. One is running about 57 mins and the other one 60 mins. I found the longer one at kissasian(dot)com. I still don't understand why they didn't air the same versions...:huh:

• Like 9

After watching cosmopolitan (finger talk) interview on YouTube, I am intrigued. The cast basically pointing 9th Prince as the bad guy (much different than his real self) , more than Prince yo (who is more obvious as villainous character at this point - although mostly done because of his evil mother), I can't imagine him being a bad guy because his character portrayal so far looking rather harmless and here I thought in k-version 9th Prince role had been switched to 3rd Prince role, different from c-version. But maybe they didn't switched it, 9th Prince will become the real villain soon? If that's the case I am looking forward to his character development and how chaeryong relationship with him folded. 

• Like 14