[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

11 minutes ago, ofeliaslie. said:

No, Ruo Xi didn't marry 8th prince. They were together but when she asked 8th to give up the fight for the throne, he said no, so she left him. It will most likely be different k-version but the concept should be the same.

did she have kiss scennes  nd romantic moments before she left him???

• Like 4

3 hours ago, qwenli said:

aigoo, they keep playing all these rap songs with english lyrics for a historical!!

So the english songs play when HS is in the frame.. and the bg is supposed to reflect her views..

And since she is from our time.. eglish, japanese, spanish.. all songs will make sense..

PS: I was hoping she'd sing some current number for the birthday.. :P:P .. that would have been so cool.. had she sung rap..that would have been blow my mind stuff .. poor princes would have gone crazy

• Like 16

Hello Hello !!! I've decided to delurk in here. First of all, I wanted to say how much I loved how enternaining you guys are and how motivated you are to support the drama/cast since you try to show as much support on twitter for example. I love this ! Also, I love how you're all so understanding towards everyone's opinions. Sometimes, they are harsh critics towards the drama, but no one here is trying to heat up the atmosphere, like trying to fuel it. To conclude, I want to spazz with you guys too, since WE HAVE ALL THE REQUIRED MATERIAL aka LJK, KHN  giphy.gif AND WE HAVE SHIP THAT ARE TOO CUUUUTE!!!

• Like 24

I've finally caught up with the pages on this thread. I loved reading everyone's post. Thanks to everyone who posted the screen caps and recaps. You're all amazing. Jjang!:wub:

Just waiting for the download of episode 7 to complete. Finally, I'd be able to watch this awesome episode. Base on everyone's recap and screen cap, I'll love this episode. 

A question about the special episode to air to tomorrow at 2:20PM KST. It is said to be Episode 7 Part 2. Thus this mean we're like, getting 3 episodes once again this week? If not, I'd love to see some scenes that didn't make the cut of previously aired episodes. Anyone know, or who understood Korean that was able to read SBS announcement?

• Like 13

Just now, enigmatic_zephy said:

So the english songs play when HS is in the frame.. and the bg is supposed to reflect her views..

And since she is from our time.. eglish, japanese, spanish.. all songs will make sense..

PS: I was hoping she'd sing some current number for the birthday.. :P:P .. that would have been so cool.. had she sung rap..that would have been blow my mind stuff .. poor princes would have gone crazy

Lol I did like that they used her vocal talents in there. And omo...you could pinpoint the EXACT moment Wang So started to realize he perhaps liked her...romantically.

Another favorite moment was him laughing out loud at her performance...and then I laughed out loud when he stopped laughing because it was like he realized he was seriously losing his emo-ice-cold-cool-guy image hahaha.

• Like 24

10 minutes ago, IAmSoulReader said:

What makes Hae Soo special in So's mind are her eyes that always stare right back at him without even blinking. What ever side of him she sees, may it be the good or the ugly, the one thing she never does is to shy away from him or avoid his gaze. Instead she looks through his ice cold and intimidating surface right to his scarred yet beautiful and courageous heart. The fact that she is able to look at him as if he doesn't even have a scar is what actually changes his world. 

I said it before and I'll say it again. Hae Soo, even though she looks as fragile as a grain of rice, impresses Wang So with her immense willpower, her big heart and her undeniable sense of loyalty. Furthermore she is extremely far from being superficial. She is someone who doesn't want to be a burden, someone who is talented enough to draw people in without merely using status or beauty.  

But above this, what matters most to Wang So is the fact, that she is not afraid to look directly at his scars without even flinching. Her reactions show respect as she knows how much he hates it. But she herself doesn't even care about it. For her, a scar doesn't change anything about him, just like her own scar doesn't influence her character either. She is not scared to grab his hand or to hold onto him when she wants to stop him from hurting (himself). She doesn't fear him but instead enjoys his presence.  She treats him like an equal, not paying attention to any type of status and that is something he has never experienced before and probably will not ever experience again. 

Hae Soo is the only person Wang So will ever truly feel comfortable with. She is the woman that can break down his wall without even trying - no agenda attached. If he can ever be loved by someone wholeheartedly, it will be by Hae Soo who is just as much an outcast yet in the center of it all like he himself.
I praise Wook for trying to take care of Hae Soo as well as he can. However, in the end, the only one who really asks Hae Soo the important questions, the one who really listens to her deepest thoughts and the one who accepts her without aiming to change a single thing about her nature is Wang So. I am sure that'll be the exact reason for her to fall for him eventually. 

Totally agree with you! May I add that HS also has undeniable sense of justice which may play a part in her drifting towards So.

With all the theories we are coming out with, we can surely come up with a 50-episode version of MLSHR.

• Like 20

On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 7:34 PM, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks for correcting me... so this means, only next week, we will have more WS-HS interactions! Just like I had thought... but not wanted!

@meahri_1 done re-tweet..oh yeah!!! Come on eclipses..keep up our spirits!!! :D

• Like 3

On 9/11/2016 at 8:40 PM, DJG said:

For those who like to compare various dramas, and the Sino-Korean relationship at the time, in the case of Moon Lovers, this would be around the 'Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period', when there was a lot of political upheaval in China.

Goryeo was founded by King Taejo of Goryeo (Goryeo actually used empire terminology in describing its court, rather than as a kingdom – though the king was called “Great King” not emperor). While Goryeo and Liao Dynasty had a contentious, on and off relationship, Goryeo had a relatively, good relationship with the Song Dynasty. At least until close to the end of the Song Dynasty, when Goryeo didn't support the Song against the invading Mongol armies

Thank you so much for the background history.  I did see Seers, Six Flying Dragons and Empress Ki; however, I have not seen the God of War.  I think that before this year is out, I will try to watch it.  Although this is a fictional story; much of it is based on fact; therefore, I like to put the period into the proper context and your post has helped me to do that. Thank you.

@DJG  I have a question:  What about the drama Shine or Go Crazy, Jank Hyuk play the 4th Prince (Wang So), how close (other than the love interest) was this drama to fact?

• Like 6

I don't know if I am the only one feeling this way, but I honestly feel that it is time to slow down/break the SooWook loveline. They are still in a lovey dovey mood in the next ep. I've watched the C version and 4th only really came into picture about halfway of the drama. But Scarlet Heart has only 13 more eps to go! I really hope they won't make like WangSo seemed like a rebound love because they are running out of time or something. Please make SoSoo loveline as epic and everlasting as Ruoxi 4th. 

PS: Today's editing was so much better than yday's episode. 

• Like 22

20 hours ago, lavendre said:

I don't know if I am the only one feeling this way, but I honestly feel that it is time to slow down/break the SooWook loveline. They are still in a lovey dovey mood in the next ep. I've watched the C version and 4th only really came into picture about halfway of the drama. But Scarlet Heart has only 13 more eps to go! I really hope they won't make like WangSo seemed like a rebound love because they are running out of time or something. Please make SoSoo loveline as epic and everlasting as Ruoxi 4th. 

PS: Today's editing was so much better than yday's episode. 

We've already seen WS realize his feelings on tonight's episode, and most likely next episodes he will take action. This is going to be one heck of a ride for us. The game of thrones will start, now HS will launch a thousand ships(LOL) and then conflict within conflict will start. I can only see things getting more intense as time passes by that the WS/HS loveline is going to be the least of our concern as we already know they're endgame and WS will pursue HS vigorously or rather possessively and obsessively. :D

• Like 19

11 minutes ago, lavendre said:

Yes, next week will be full of WookSoo but I think it will end soon. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

Sorry to butt in your discussion with @qwenli

Maybe Soo will try stop Wook from getting the throne because she fears Wook will be a ruthless King who kill his own kin. She is suspecting him from the start (kind of interesting to the reason why really. Wook is not known to be brutal nor blood hungry). But Wook still persists because he thinks the only way he can protect, have and marry her is when he becomes a king. Because Soo knows she is the main reason to Wook's ambition, then Soo will leave him so he no longer has the reason to be king and stop. That's why they're breaking up. 

Does it make any sense to you guys for their break up reason?

I taught about it from the ep 2 or 3. He always helpless when it comes to the authority to save Soo and he hates it. He doesn't want his promise to protect her become an empty words. Soo in the other hand doesn't know the right order of the kings and which one among the prince will be the ruthless king. The writer is planning the basic of her doubt in the eps 6. That's why they make Soo suspect Wook not So (who is the more suitable candidate if we see from his background). That is some writing without common sense (I'm sorry for the harsh critics but I've got to say it) but they work hard to pull it off so I put it aside. 

The only thing went wrong from Soo's effort is she runs with Wang So. She probably don't know yet (at that moment in the future) that So is in love with him or haven't change her heart to So yet but he should've known a deep feeling like Wook is trouble to begin with if you walk your way about with another man. Not just any man but a man who clearly have feeling for her, help her countless of time and even beat Wook in the effort to save her many times. She should've known Wook will be beserk because of jelousy and hating So for 'stealing' his girl. 

Thus the history won't change. The fight to the throne will still be a blood bath. Wang So willing to run away with Soo if she wants to but he will not play nice if what Wook's after is not throne only but the girl he loves with all his life and death. The king has the right to marry whom ever he please even if it is against her will. What interesting to me is when it comes to the decision of his offer (to run away) has Soo already know about So's destiny or not? When she does why she's not making him gave up the throne and run away? Is JM is involve in this again? I say he does. 

But this is just a theory and we still got many eps to watch. 

Sorry to intercept your discussion but it is so interesting I couldn't help my self. I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart.

Wow i really love your theory . It gives me a good insight about what could happen next. I guess they took a lot of screen time to potray the  depth  of  Soo-Wook love so eventually we can see how much it will change Wook into a beserk heart-broken  . About So, even in the preview there's a scene when he said that he will run away with Soo if she wants, I still feel like So does wants to get the throne not just because Soo but also to prove himself after all the disgrace he has to take for such a long time. We can already see how determined he is to stay in the palace in the first eps.  

• Like 13

Can't sleep..drinking coffee before..I said to my self I won't write bcoz the connection are very poor...but I just wanted to say thanx to ALL who did the recaps,gave screenshots,explain the scenes with beautiful words..thank you again. Oh..and actually the problem of ep6 subs still exist til now..this drama made us feel like riding a roller coaster in real life..haha. I don't think I could recognize my country chingus here..but I already guess who..so I think you have more followers than me on twitter? So..chingus from Indonesia..I believe you already retweet. That would ease my mind..(because my retweet won't go as far lol).

Thank you again to all of you (big apologies I couldn't remember all of you..we're getting packed here..and I'm so happy about that..yeayyy!!!) :grin:

Nite everyone..off to bed now...

• Like 14