Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

I just finished watching ep 6 and it was... bad. I really don't want to say this, because I love this drama and KHN's Wang Wook so much, but this ep is just bad. There were many cute scenes, but the flow was bad and all the reasons for things to happen were terrible excuses. What did the princes think when they helped Soo escape? Where will she go? Her family already sold her. She has no place to go. And Wang Wook is just blandly weak and pathetic, like he said himself, today. I even hate the scene where Soo and 13th became friends and 4th and 13th got closer. They were poorly made, thinking about later on how deep their relationship should be. I mean, both 4th and 13th are not easily friended people, since 13th will help 4th get the throne later and even die in his place if needed (in the C-ver), the fact that they just got along today is just disturbed. And most of the romance in this ep were poorly made as well. I especially hate the scene where 8th hold HS's wrist and pull her sleeve up to cover her scar. It's like saying "I don't want to see it". For a modern girl (like me), I want someone to love me unconditionally, especially doesn't care about my scar (like HS with 4th's scar). I think HS noticed his attitude too, but she let it go, but I think later on when many things add up, their path will surely part. The scene after HS woke up and talked with 8th was bad. I don't even understand what it was for, except making 8th look weak. However, I really like the scene where HS cut herself. I think she was purely great and awesome. As the king said himself, she was even braver than a man. Yet I also think it was a bad move too, because if she was a Chinese, she will 100% be dead. The fact that the king just meh about her like that was not good. Another scene that I like was the look on 4th and 8th's face when the king told them that their excuses were not enough. I think their thirst for power starts there. One scene that I appreciate is the scene when HS walks pass 4th to see Concubine Oh. He sees the scar on her wrist clearly. I think his affection for her has definitely grown deeper, even to just a super light touch, like a flower petal touch the water surface kind of light, of love. He whose face was ruin by a scar not by his wish, understands very well how hectic life could be with a scar. Now it is the first time he ever she a girl who choose to have a scar and is totally fine (mentally). I think he adore her courage very much. Last but not least, HS's lines after she woke up: I protected what I want. So cool.

There are 2 scenes that I noticed very interesting: The scene when HS told her maid that she will run away, the maid said, "that's fine, even if they beat me to death, i won't say anything". If the maid is really a spy, she will know that HS will never run away after hearing what she said. The second scene, when all the princes were waiting outside, just before 8th carried bloody HS out, 9th said, "I'll go home first". I don't know what that action is supposed to mean. He's running away, not taking any responsibility in case the king comes out? Maybe?

Even though I know that 8th is a weaker man who has a weaker heart than 4th, according to the C-ver, yet the way K-ver made him look weak is just uncomfortable to watch. To date, the scene when HS and WW almost kissed is still my most loved scene in this drama so far. I can't wait to see them really kiss.

• Like 12

I try to figure out why the astronomer brought HS in this period.

From his short appearance in the first episode and what he said to HS I got the impression he traveled through the centuries to bring HS in the Goryeo .

I want to learn why he did it ? And why he said to HS in tonight's ep. " follow your fate"?

Thank you for the history details @Zelda

It helped me to understand a little what happened.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, LyraYoo said:

Drama highlight with the highest views in Navercast. 

Maybe because I have watched the BBJX I am already an expectant of the WW-HS arc in the beginning. :D

However, what I appreciate more in the K version is they have already established the 4th prince's character as early as episode 1. There are also more moments of Scar Couple that gradually builds up their relationship. It could be a lesser screen time for LJG but still the impact of the SoSoo is so persuasive that their love arc is the biggest contender to date even if more scenes were focused on WW and HS.

This for one.

Interesting points, @LyraYoo. I agree of course.

I also think that in this Korean version we can better understand and relate to Hae-Soo and 8th Prince. We can see their attraction, and moments they share.

I was unable to relate to them at all as a couple in the Chines version.

wow. you found a way to embed a Naver cast video here on Soompi. I'd love it if you will PM me how to do it, please.

‘달의 연인-보보경심 려’ 이준기 / 바람이 분다

• Like 16

anyone notice how WS keep calling HS as a 'child'?

if we look at age wise WS just older by HS by 2 3 years right?? its interesting how he refer HS as a child though.. in my opinion he see HS as someone that pure and have to be protected.. she who don't seem to afraid of him and stand for herself.. a purest form of human being that WS know that likely reflect like a child wise in WS eyes..

p.s well you don't kiss and hug a child Wang So yaaaah..... LOL

• Like 17

25 minutes ago, ahriev said:

It's Tuesday morning and I open Soompi Forum to share my though about last night ep and I just to shock that we have 2 version for this ep (SBS-longer one- and the sub one, I watched the sub one)

I think the different interpretation is because the different version that we all show. One leading us to Wook 8th and the other leading us to So 4th.

About Soo sudden remember about history, if I not mistake she remember Gwangjong (So 4th wanna be) as the 4th king. Either she remember that 2nd (Mo CP)and 3rd king (Yo 3rd) will be vary short period or she thiks that they killed by 4th king (the 4th king will kill other sibling). Or maybe -other option- So didn't realize that Mo CP is exist (I recall my memory about Mo and Soo but , CMIIW, I can't remember Soo meets Mo CP or ChaeRyung tells her about Mo CP. So maybe she didn't know about Mo CP.

Hi, nice to get you joining. Check the dramabeans (they recap the SBS version) and you will notice the difference.

I haven't watch the SBS version (I will search soon), so from the point of view that see the sub ver and read dramabeans I get this difference:

- Longer coversation between Eun 10th and Soo (Eun 10th got too much jokes until Soo tells him to stop)

- Longer escape Soo (every prince get their own screen time), even Won 9th

- Longer Lady Oh time in Damiwon (I remember Queen Something request tea and she order maid to prepare papermint tea)

- Conversation between princes when they wait for Wook 8th and So 4th in front of the palace (Eun 10th said he already asked her mother but his grandfather saw that and his grandfather angry with him because of that) 

And finally my though about last night:

- I realize this drama just has 20 ep so everything will be so packed and fast, but I want the mourning longer and (because I didn't get Soo and BaekAh 13th scene, but if i get that) I still need more time to adjust changes in BaekAh 13th with Soo relationship and Soo with Wook 8th relationship. I realize there is time gap between Lady Hae death and the arrange marriage (the tomb already full with grass)

- The King is still care Lady Oh much, when JiMong said that Queen Something, Wook's mother and Eun's mother want to take Soo as her maid he didn't grant that. But after JiMong said that Lady Oh noticed her and want Soo to work in Damiwon, he grant that directly

- My worry from the beginning is the director cut will ruin the entire flow and at first I didn't concern that (we know that last week ep from SBS and the sub version is different in BGM only) but after this week I think I have to worry that. It's so weird that one drama will have two version and (I don't want to said that but it's the truth) the version that airing in SKorea is longer (and better) than the one that airing with sub. As this drama international fans, I just feel so betrayed...

I love MLSCR, and I just want we all get the better version (no matter what method of channel we used to watch this drama). I know it will be very hard for the editing team and the subtitle team(, but at least the Eng version should distribute to every channel first). And to SBS wouldn't it nice to give explanation to all of us what really happen now, so we know the situation better. Either the is really two version and that will always happen until the end of this drama or will we get the same version in SKorea but in future ep.

Just hoping for the best. Hwaiting

Hello ahriev.. Nice to know u.. About the difference u explain above, was the scene that i watched last night. So, if there were any other version, i haven't watch it.. I'll check it on the other sources. Thank you for the recapt anyway.. I also curious about the different number of the total episodes, since i read in other sources it will have 21 episodes..  

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, fangurling123 said:

I actually like the build-up of tension as a general matter.   The build-up and anticipation make it so much better when the OTP actually gets together.  I actually hate formulaic k-dramas that repeat trope after trope just because it is what the audience expects to see. Please give us audience some credit for artistic discernment and intelligence.  I just think if the editing wasn't so disconnected and choppy we could see the build-up in much more subtle but satisfying ways.  This is also where two (as opposed to just one) gifted actors could really bring out the building tension.

Oh and about LJK, girl, have you been missing out.  :P

Yes, I agree with you about the build-up of tension. Like a pot simmering until it reaches a boil. Makes the end result more satisfying. I guess I have to wait for my SoSoo stew. 

I know. Perhaps, I will watch another LJK drama to hold me over? 

Like your pic Kimi Ni Todoke! 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, hobeverly1212 said:

is there anywhere we can watch the SBS version? Either raw or sub? 

Search on @MoonLoversSBS :) Twitter

• Like 8

Hey guys! 

I'm currently still watching Ep 6, but got a bit confused.  During the scene where Haesoo is in the water and trying to think about who the 4th king is, she says that's Gwangjong and he kills his brothers and his subjects.  So does that mean Wang So (LJK) kills his brothers?? I thought that would be Wang Yo :o

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, wchoi8 said:

Hey guys! 

I'm currently still watching Ep 6, but got a bit confused.  During the scene where Haesoo is in the water and trying to think about who the 4th king is, she says that's Gwangjong and he kills his brothers and his subjects.  So does that mean Wang So (LJK) kills his brothers?? I thought that would be Wang Yo :o

Spoiler

The historical Wang So/Gwangjong killed his brothers in order to rise to power and consolidate his power once on the throne.  The third period of his reign was a reign of terror where he ruthlessly eliminated anyone whom he thought would pose a threat to his rule.  From one perspective, he is judged as a bloody king but from another, historians see that the iron fist was the only means he had to consolidate power and bring stability to the country after the establishment of the new nation.  There were many warring factions/clans during those turbulent times where the nation was still newly established and there were many factions vying for power.

• Like 13

Darn it, the scene with the Princes (when Yo has a go at Baek ah) is obviously an extra scene and hasn't been subbed. Can someone PM me links to both versions (if available) with English subs. If not, can someone please roughly translate/summarise that conversation? 

• Like 6

Back to the forum after one night and the number of new pages added to this thread truly amazes me. Thumps up to everyone for your superb contribution \^o^/

I've heard that there are two versions of ep 6 and some scenes that appeared in one version were cut out of the other version, right? Haizz, I wish they had combined the two versions into one and broadcasted it so that we, viewers, wouldn't be confused about which version to watch, not to mention searching for the download links and the subs would be less troublesome. Anyway, for now I think I just need to overlook it and try to focus on what happens in this week's episodes.

I haven't fully watched ep 6 yet but I've read some feedback on this forum and elsewhere. It appears that the issue of WS not getting much screen-time and the romance between him and HS not having any significant progress is displeasing a number of people. Well, although I do want to see WS on screen more often, I wouldn't mind waiting a little bit longer (but not too long though :D) for him to increase his presence in HS's life and become the most important person to her. Considering that at this point in the drama HS hasn't got rid of all of her feelings for WW, I would find it so rushed and unconvincing if she suddenly turns to WS. Because the original Chinese name of this drama is "Bu Bu Jing Xin", or "Startling by Each Step", I think the relationship between HS and WS will grow step by step, little by little, into a love so strong and passionate that neither of them would ever be able to forget for the rest of their lives.

Last night's episode marks a turning point in HS's life, she has now left WW's house to enter the palace with a life full of obstacles and challenges ahead. Living inside the palace also means that there's more chance of her encountering WS and our couple will get to know each other better. By the way, ep 7 preview makes me so excited as it includes the long-awaited birthday scene, along with some moments of So-Soo couple (the way WS looks at HS and smiles at her in the preview completely melts my heart :wub:).

• Like 16

Is it just me or does anyone else love the outfit that WS it wearing at the end of 6? I find him sexy in that one.

(It's also the clothing he wears when HS takes off his mask):blush:

I wonder if it is also HS that takes off his top garment. :flushed::blush:

OK my brain just blew up. ....need to pick up the pieces before tomorrow's episode. \^○^/

• Like 20

First, a huge "Thank You!" and "God Bless You" to all of the episode recappers/subbers and those who posted scene clips, etc. You all are the best! Especially now since it turns out that there were 2 different versions of episode 6 broadcast. Thank goodness for our fab people here on the forum who were able to provide recaps of both versions! I am just praying that we don't have this situation happening again where the 2 episodes are so different, but I guess we will always need to be on our guard about it.

I'm so frustrated because all of the missing scenes were really important to the Wang So story arc, as well as giving us some development on WS relationship with his brothers, especially 13th, as well as fleshing out a bit more 13th and Soo relationship. Plus giving more on the King and Queen Yoo relationship and palace dynamics. Like others have said, what we really need is one long episode that combines both versions and all the scenes together.  I'm hoping that someone will be able to sub the SBS Korean version scenes so that those of us who don't speak Korean can understand what happened.

That said, I enjoyed the episode for the various moments that it did give us international viewers and I look forward to episode 7. 

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, wchoi8 said:

Hey guys! 

Perhaps that's the history HS knows. I mean I could see the old Wang So possibly killing his brothers, because his whole life he has been shunned and so he snaps. But I think HS has already changed history, because with her there WS has a friend and is shown compassion, which triggers a change reaction in the way his brothers treat him. They're always coming together to help her, which helps them bond as brothers, that may not have happened if she wasn't there. So, I think HS changes him, sort of like seeing the person within the beast and making him human again. At least that's my theory.

No Hae Soo= Old history where Wang So is a more vicious ruler

Hae Soo= New history where Wang So is a more merciful ruler

• Like 18

i keep replaying the scene where HS entering palace.. when HS stop and bow WS eyes just instantly look at her wrist.. the symbolic of her will to live and not being control by other.. if we look carefully the scene between them is so beautiful and carefully done to actually showcase how they will fall in love with each other.. 

WS stare when HS entering palace is just killing my feel... his stare is full with feeling that he himself don't recognize.. its just a pure feeling cause for the first time in his life somebody catch his attention and touch his heart.. 

this is not a typical love story in kdrama.. i kinda get that why knetz have a hard time to digest this type of romance but trust me it will be worth to see every second WS and HS romance cause they will make your heart ache and wish to have that kind of love..

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, violet90 said:

trust me it will be worth to see every second WS and HS romance cause they will make your heart ache and wish to have that kind of love..

It better be. The promise of what's to come alone is part of the reason I'm so antsy right now, lol!  I can see it shining in the distance and I want to build towards it now.

• Like 13

For those who want to check on sbs ver with subtitle...may go to kissasian or myasiantv . I havent watch till the end, i dont know if all the part is subbed or not, but i saw the 1st scene that did not include in onehd ver and it subbed.

3D1DAj1.png

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

For those who want to check on sbs ver with subtitle...may go to kissasian or myasiantv . I havent watch till the end, i dont know if all the part is subbed or not, but i saw the 1st scene that did not include in onehd ver and it subbed.

Just finished the kissasian one and none of the extra scenes are subbed except for the first bit (that you've got a pic from) which doesn't seem to be be complete. 

• Like 8