Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Welp.. I can't believe that there's two versions of episode 6. It's not bad per se I enjoyed the episode overall.. Didn't expect they treat haesoo marriage plot with light-hearted way on the beginning of the episode and the twist with choi jimong didn't surprise me or put me on the edge either.. It's rater choppy.. And it's mostly directional fault.. They didn't highlight the suspense or add more tension to important scene.. Even when haesoo cut her wrist the scene could be handled more professionally so we could feel her desperation and bravery taking her own life decision more.. 

I don't know what's sbs has been doing with this show really.. They've all the right ingredients to make this show great and spectacular with all of support they can get, but I feel they haven't treat this project carefully. Dare I say they've been lazying around. They had the budget, stellar cast, beautiful sets, anticipating hype, but sadly they missed the perfect timing to deliver solid storyline from the get go. 

I'm so sorry if I sound negative but I do care a lot with the show and with all the hard work casts and staff had been put through it's rather saddening that they receive so much backlash from the viewers. It made me sad that they blame it to the actors poor performance they did a good job really.. because from what I saw it is more of directional fault that gave us not so smooth transition and choppy editing as a final product. I bet there are tons of scenes that been thrown away that could make the story flows better and they decided to not air it because of time but maybe for me that's just lazy decision really.. With its rich story plot and huge number of cast to be introduced the PD  and writer need to come up with better formulation and consider viewers on the receiving end to understand and enjoy how the story folded right in front of their eyes. But instead they put focus more on "shallow"  things like all the cast need to look beautiful on screen and put emphasize on their zoom facial expressions... On certain occasion zooming on emotions are good but you don't have to do it all the damn time because it makes all the details on the sets go to waste. I can't even remember how gorgeous their gown are..  let alone I could focus on all the beautiful scenery and sets the staff built behind them.. It's really unfortunate.. SBS shouldn't hire the that winter the wind blows PD because his style didn't match sageuk and only fits melodrama type and should hire 6 flying dragons PD instead because he could probably bring this story to another level of greatness.. 

Take a look to reply 1988 series.. The story is light and there are also not so experience actor as part of its cast but the PD can highlight their ability and cover up their weaknesses well and he masterfully create heartfelt formula that the audience liked.. I wish something like that happened here on moon lovers because this show is great if they could write and edited more carefully.. 

Oh well.. Hopefully the quality will improve in the next episode. And I wish I could cheer up all the cast because we as fans still appreciate all their hard work and don't get discourage with the ratings... We still love you all^^

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

For those who want to check on sbs ver with subtitle...may go to kissasian n myasiantv . I havent watch till the end, i dont know if all the part is subbed or not, but i saw the 1st scene that did not include in onehd ver and it subbed.

Looks like these are lifted from the subs I uploaded... so unfortunately, the missing scenes I mentioned remain unsubbed :( If someone can kindly transcribe the unsubbed scenes to English, I would gladly edit and upload them. Am desperate to know what was spoken between So and his brothers, as well as Ji Mong too!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, lolalarue said:

Just finished the kissasian one and none of the extra scenes are subbed except for the first bit (that you've got a pic from) which doesn't seem to be be complete.

aww that is sad. no wonder no one upload srt file at subscene, because it is not complete. This different versions is hard to track. hope this is the last episode with different editing.

• Like 5

Practising consolidation of power by marriage feels icky and lazy. Don't remember anything about it in The Art of War. ;) Either Taejo seems greedy or he likes them young. The man has at least 7 sons and none of them would object to marrying her Soo at all especially when they're doing their darndest to keep her unmarried to him. I wonder too if the astrologer fellow is trying to keep #8 away from Soo or vice versa. After all he was quite ready with quite a list of suggestions as to how to discipline Soo.

I didn't think the editing was that bad quite frankly. Yes, it felt a little rushed but I didn't think the episode was as bad as the comments on DB might suggest and I'm sure there was a lot more of Wang So than 6 minutes. Maybe I don't have exacting standards and can put up with a lot but I really enjoyed this episode. I liked seeing all the princes doing their bit for Soo and her having her own groupies. It was all very odd and cute at the same time. 

What I especially liked was how Soo found her own way out. Yes, her knights in shining armour came to rescue her and yet she was the one who found her own solution. She chose to preserve some level of freedom for herself on her terms. In essence, she did what she could in the context she was in. Parallel that with So's slashing of the horse in Ep. 1. She went one up on him.

After this episode I'm more convinced than ever that Uk isn't the right one for her. He's so obviously head over heels for her and so deliciously caring but I worry about his ability to deal with her streak of independence. I was concerned about it before but now I've got more misgivings. I can't help feeling that she's largely infatuated with him and flattered by his attentions.

Although I don't believe that So was in love with Soo at the start of the episode, the thought occurred to me that after the wrist scarring, he seemed rather shaken by what she did and perhaps began the stirrings of something more than friendship and admiration. This is a guy who likes spunky, strong-minded women undoubtedly. For me I see that So respects her independence... and I absolutely respect him for that.

More and more I'm inclined to think that the dynamic here between #4 and #8 may turn out to be more like the one between the emperor and his brother in The Imperial Doctress (the only C drama I've actually enjoyed from beginning to end this year). It has a similar set up... independent girl who wants to be a physician falls for the kinder, gentler brother and is good mates with the rude but kind-hearted married emperor, who really is her soul mate. But I hope this show doesn't follow this trajectory in its entirety. Watching the soul mates pulled apart by circumstances and numerous obstacles was just too hard at times.

Maybe I'm just biased but I'm thoroughly drawn into this show. It's far from perfect but it's my crack drama and I'm emotionally tethered to these people.

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

Oh I am surprised in the dislike the SBS version is having...I am from the minority that thinks this episode was really good. :)

could you pm me the link to watch the korean version?

I dun know why I have to watch two versions for a drama, :tears:

the last time for  Empress ki, only the ending is different for overseas and local version. Now in between eps, its different.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 8

Watched ep 6 without sub. i dunno if someone has mentioned it, bu i noticed something that i dont understand. in the beginning the show us the cremation of lady hae. but then, the showed us HS visiting her tomb (or did she visited someone else's tomb). So after the cremation, the buried her ashes?

• Like 7

I thought of Beauty and the Beast when Hae Su wore the yellow outfit. Because they didn't give us scenes of Su and 13th prince Baek Ah becoming friends, it made me feel like I missed out on an episode. But onwards to the heart of the story!  

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, AyaA said:

Watched ep 6 without sub. i dunno if someone has mentioned it, bu i noticed something that i dont understand. in the beginning the show us the cremation of lady hae. but then, the showed us HS visiting her tomb (or did she visited someone else's tomb). So after the cremation, the buried her ashes?

A long time has passed between the two scenes.  That is part of what Soo is saying in her internal conversation with lady hae, that she can't believe that so much time has already passed and that it already has been so long that she has been in Koryo.

• Like 9

I am so behind!!!

I'm finally getting a chance to watch episode 6 as I type this!

I was going to wait until the rest of the episodes get released but... I just could not wait! 

-- EDIT

HS...so courageous. :tears: and lucky for getting all the prince's care!! I'm so jealousssssfss!

The queen said the King is marrying a 29 year old?? I read that HS is only 16 years old?? 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, gendhisputih said:

Hello ahriev.. Nice to know u.. About the difference u explain above, was the scene that i watched last night. So, if there were any other version, i haven't watch it.. I'll check it on the other sources. Thank you for the recapt anyway.. I also curious about the different number of the total episodes, since i read in other sources it will have 21 episodes..  

Heum so maybe you watched the SBS (longer version)... I watched the shorter version (with sub in S-One TV Asia) so I found there is some deleted scene (or maybe I should said addition scene)...

It's 20 ep, the rest 1 is the special episode (if I not mistake)

• Like 7

hi guys, can someone be kind enough to PM me and spoil me what exactly happens between WW-HS-WS in the end of the chinese version?

• Like 5

Hi, all eclipses!

I've read not all, but many posts, and saw smth I can't agree with  -  an idea of that romance between HS and WS didn't even started.

I think, it started, but isn't shown the obvious usual "dorama's" way , isn't  much revealed

Things, why I do think so:

1. WS clearly knows his feelings to HS from the start (may  be seen in the scene him talking to CM of stars), and in many other scenes WS is enjoying his feelings , the freshness of them, he eis overall in it.

2.  There are reasons keeping WS  him from openly proposing to HS: one is WS isn't sure of his own status yet, just started living in the palace, has no home, no duties (and it might be a military career chosen by king for him too), he isn't sure of his future. Second reason is he wants to be loved by HS, but isn't aware of her feeling towards him.  They do not meet and interact often, someone always disturbs them, so he is seeking for more connections to her. Third reason  is - and very important - WS understands dangers of palace, of power, of people there, showing feelings in palace will be dangerous for him and for HS.

3. In every WS/HS scene there is tension between them, and no one else is able to stand between. For example: last scene of 06. ALL EYE CANDY ran towards HS, but where she shyly looks? At WS. She only sees him, his presence makes HS nervous. With any other prince she is comfortable, but not WS. WW may be jentleman of 100%, and you all know, thats not enough for love. With WW it is like he is an only close  person to lost girl in a world far from future, 

4. WS keeps interacting to HS tete-a-tete, and stays official in presence of other people. WS wouldn't share with anybody. Feelings are seen in his eyes, in his actions. He holds HS until the last, when caught  by guards the forest, holds until HS herself decides to go. He confronts the king, but doesen't talk of his feelings, suggesting just "another way  hae family be submitted".

5. What about HS? We can compare: her looking at WW, and her, looking at WS when they all saved her from one-armed man, pure delight.  And there are other scenes, too. Very private, their mutual crush - but it is shown.

I  think in the preview of 07, when WS takes HS by the hand and says he wouldn't forgive her if she hurts herself more - he waited for her to talk face to face in the same day, just hour (s) after the last scene of 06, 'cause he wouldn't share with brothers any moment of meeting and talking to HS, and 'cause her fragility at sight of her scar stunned him.

• Like 24

sup Time travers!

I'm so confuse about the different versions @_@

can anyone tell if what version is the episode being shown on myasiantv? or dramafire? is it the same version? what version is it? I really hope they would release a dvd edited with all the scenes...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, briseis said:

This drama has so many titles already- Moon Lovers, Scarlet Heart, Scarlet Heart: Ryeo… - , but believe it or not there is another one. The literal translation of the BBJX novel title is actually STARTLING WITH EACH STEP - iit was connected with RX’s knowledge of history and the fact that no matter how careful she was not to meddle with it, even the results of her inactions still managed to suprise her. For Hae Soo, the source of suprise will be the opposite considering how vague her knowledge of Goryeo history or lack thereof truly is. However, I feel that for the kdrama version that title gets a new dimension - it perfectly describes the OTP’s developing relationship and Wang So growing feelings to Hae Soo. Everytime they meet the experience is one way or another STARTLING and UNFORGETTABLE for him - be it her words about stars, justice or right to live or the way she treats him like her equal, not a prince or outcast. And as he is watching her leave, So is yet again STARTLED and UNSETTLED. 

Spoiler

It’s impossible not to compare this moment with their first meeting again - how roughly he threw her off his horse and So’ unbelievable gentleness and consideration now when he helps her down from his horse. It’s all so unrushed and tender and when she is about to walk away he stops her, offering her one last chance to escape, to escape with him - he doesn’t say it out loud, but he is again offering his help and protection to her.

Seriously, you have to admire his calm and guts when he pretty much publicly offers to commit high treason just to save her! I mean, he was almost pleading with her! And you also have to admire the courage it must have taken Soo to refuse him. It’s clear how tense he is after that and the immense strength of willpower he needed to respect her wishes and to let her go.

What broke my heart the most is the way how So never lets his eyes off her as if he’s waiting for a signal that she changed her mind; he keeps watching her even when the palaquin doors closed down on her like bars of her golden cell, and he doesn’t stop even when HS gets carried away because even then So’s eyes keep following the palaquin that is taking her away from him.

“What a fool.”

When he calls her a fool, it’s the final proof that he was really intending the whole time to fight for HS and escape with her, commiting high treason and all. He tries so hard to put as much disdain into it as he can, but he can’t completely hide his grudging respect for her selflessness nor the sheer hopelessness he feels. 

MOD EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES (EVEN INSIDE SPOILER TAGS).

Lovely summary.

• Like 8

nobody releases .srt file yet for the english subS??? huhuhu im soo soo soo really really want to watch it with subs... huhuhu... help

• Like 5