[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I really, really like this FMV, very well edited mixing scenes from the drama, and IU and LJG's other dramas, it looks so good that I thought were leaked scenes from the coming episodes. Sorry to post it again if someone did it before but I wanted to share it. By the way the song is from the OST but I have not heard in any of the episodes.

One day when you think of me
Or when you miss me
Please come find me whenever
Even time goes by

• Like 21

26 minutes ago, violet90 said:

for me i don't believe in loving someone meaning have to accept and support every single thing that your love one want... i think we all already discuss about why Su don't have to repay back what So have done to her but she redeem herself when she allowed So to get married to YH and still staying with him even through the polygamy stuff... So basically have it all in his way when he became a king whether in term of how should Su love him and the power... and yes Su maybe selfish or even compassion for other a little too much but the scene where Jung and Queen Yoo also CR show that she is GHJ and not Su...

what So done is not wrong and even i can totally justifies why he done that... and yes in Goryeo era is something that have to happen.. you get death punishment if you do wrong and for me that's what So done... like in novel 4th saying he did't care about other the only person that he care about is RX.. just like So said he have no need to forgive CR cause what she done is harming Su... its an act of a lover protecting his lover BUT here we talking about GHJ and not Su...

just like when she said to BA that its too cruel.. this scene is parallel with when CR get beaten in the beginning.. she ask WW whether is alright to tie and hit a person just like animal.. she HATE that part of Goryeo and when she confront So she did ask you beat her like a dog??? its not about why CR have to get punish but its about how he do it... at that moment i think she realize that nothing for her in palace anymore.. she can't change nor have anything in here because for me she is tired.. tired about everything and she want to get away to save what left in her heart before she start hating So... she taking care of her heart and love before she will hate the one man that she loves..

Queen Yoo... yes Jung is a bad character but to Su he like a lil brother and he done nothing to her except be there for her so as someone that care about him its only rational that she let Jung in.. its not about taking side she doing what she think right and for her its only right for a son to see his mother after she die....

Su already doing what RX did in BBJX.. against 4th in every way and try to save everyone even when its mean having a confrontation with 4th... because like Su said in ep 17 she will make sure KG does't remembering as a cold blood king but a good king... its her way to protect So but in the end hurt each other... So won't understand why she doing all the thing that against him cause he did't know its her last attempt to change history............ and she can't in the end..

for me they both will hurt each other if they stay together and deep down So know that she will leave him the moment he get married to YH... because he did stop talking about anything when he got married and they keep arguing and arguing because they both feel guilt and anger toward each other... its just something that need to happen BUT the only thing go wrong here is Su will dies.. maybe if she did't die So will grant her wish to lived outside and they still be a lover... one way or other she will and need to get out from palace...

we can't blame any side when love goes wrong..... i just wish Su dies knowing So did love her and do not resent her.. also So know that she loves him before she dies..

Yesssss Agree...... And as we know that the human greed knows no bounds..... always "want it all'

• Like 17

11 minutes ago, 30orsomething said:

I saw that many of you here want to fry YH and find it unjust if WS has no idea of her role in the tea poisoning incident that nearly killed WS, had HS badly tortured and accidentally killed lady Oh. But I see that this is the turning point in the love triangle. Had it not been YH who was the real culprit, WW wouldn't be forced the dead-end situation and have to cut his tie with HS. It also provided a peculiar chance for WS to make up with HS (I believe that after the premonitions, the forced kiss, the impulsive escape from the palace, their relationship deteriorated considerably). So in short, no YH's scheming, no breaking up between WW and HS, no chance of acceptance for WS. If anything, WS must be grateful to YH, not furious at all :D.

yes, yes chingu you're right  ,objectively   we should celebrate...:phew: :sweatingbullets: but in  context , is all sort of detrimental  and wrong ...i am with you that if all those events were not to happen then the story as we  now know it,  would not have  taken place ...nonetheless ...the characters don't know that ...they were needed to play their  respective roles as they played it .. and since YH acted faulty  and harmed HS. and later him by extension ..there won't be any WS thanking her for going to the dark side at the right time..jaja...lets just say... as HS would have said it ...it was only natural ...it was fate ...

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

@Tang Soon Agree with you. If they made HS died like c version BBJX, and HS meet WS in 21st century, it is not considered as happy ending, I am personally not satisfy both of them ended up like that. That s ending is the easiest way for PD and writer nim to close file of all the incidents happened in Goryeo. And when H'S wake up in 21st century, she thought that she had made a long dream. Oh GOSH...please think of other way.

I suspect One year in Goryeo equivalent to one day in 21st century. That's mean she has been hospitalized for 10days... Probably she needs to wait for another 26days for her prince WS to show up....

I hate that kind of ending, too. If it's gonna be HS meeting someone that looks like WS in modern time, especially if that person has no idea who she is, I would feel a sense of betrayal. That ending will not live up to our expectations and will not do justice to the portrayal of HS-WS's love in previously aired episodes. If they're going down that path then I swear from now on I will stay away from any other drama written by the writer of this show. I know I'm sounding childish here, but I've had enough of that cliché ending in a time-travelling drama. I hope in this drama they can do better by showing us a memorable (in a positive way of course) and well-executed ending instead of the overly used reincarnation idea. However, if they're still going to follow that route, at least they should be more creative this time :sweatingbullets: Honestly, after all the chaos and turmoils in recent episodes, I don't even know what to expect anymore :P

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Akiddo said:

I think Hae Soo received a lot of flake in ep 18...on her reaction towards GJ after Chae Ryung's death and the way she tried to help Jung see his mother for the last time etc. Like I have said before in earlier posts, I don't necessarily agree with her actions but I do understand her POV. 

Wang So is not aware of the number of occasions Soo defended him in front of Jung. Jung's stubborn perception of So is deep seated, even though he knows Yo and Queen Yoo had a big part to play in forming that impression. 

Ep 10 - Soo asked Jung to understand So after taking her out by force to the sea. Despite the unwelcome kiss and feelings forced upon her, she didn't complain about So - Soo asked Jung to spare some thought for his brother who never received love from their mother. 

Ep 14 - Jung hid in her room. She said: "Even so,” Su replies, “I don’t think I will be able to take anyone’s side, because I do not wish for anyone to get hurt. I’m going to make sure that happens.” This is typical Soo - who likes to sit on the fence so that no one gets hurt by her decision. We all know she would have to take sides one day. Whichever side she leans toward  - the other party would deem it as a betrayal. Very naive but that's Soo. 

Ep 16 - Soo gave her whole being to So - heart, body, pride and fear. She surrendered herself to him even though she hates the idea of So becoming the King. She wants peace among the princes just like So. Just because....she loves him and wants to fulfil his destiny. 

Ep 17 - Jung berated Soo for taking sides. She didn't deny she took So's side but to her it was a worthy cause to stop any further bloodshed. She took So's side and didn't question the what was on that torn edict. So let on what was on the edict voluntarily. 

Ep 18 - Queen Yoo's death. It is a damn if you do, damn if you don't situation.

Soo literally gets sandwiched between her lover and good friend. The lover who suffered all these years and wants his mother to himself (partly for revenge too). She is well aware of that. But...Queen Yoo still has another son whom she is extremely fond of. Soo is not made of stone - she is a marsh mellow. She crossed the line with So by informing Jung. Out of compassion to her friend. She lets Jung in for a moment AFTER Queen Yoo dies to let him pay his last respect. That is compassion as well.

From my POV, she did what So cannot do as he is so overwhelmed by jealousy and bitterness (again - his bitterness is highly justifiable). She tries to lessen the rift between the 2 brothers. A rift that gets wider by the day. So, of course, berates her for taking Jung's side. In this situation - Soo will never be right no matter what she chooses to do. She chose compassion - the same compassion she showed to So in the beginning when NO ONE was on his side, when he was at his worst. 

Had Soo been a little more selfish, a little more blind to loving So - perhaps they might just have survived together in the palace. But she made the decision based on one of her core values - compassion. Hence I cannot fault her for that or call her a hypocrite in that situation. 

1 hour ago, violet90 said:

for me i don't believe in loving someone meaning have to accept and support every single thing that your love one want... i think we all already discuss about why Su don't have to repay back what So have done to her but she redeem herself when she allowed So to get married to YH and still staying with him even through the polygamy stuff... So basically have it all in his way when he became a king whether in term of how should Su love him and the power... and yes Su maybe selfish or even compassion for other a little too much but the scene where Jung and Queen Yoo also CR show that she is GHJ and not Su...

what So done is not wrong and even i can totally justifies why he done that... and yes in Goryeo era is something that have to happen.. you get death punishment if you do wrong and for me that's what So done... like in novel 4th saying he did't care about other the only person that he care about is RX.. just like So said he have no need to forgive CR cause what she done is harming Su... its an act of a lover protecting his lover BUT here we talking about GHJ and not Su...

just like when she said to BA that its too cruel.. this scene is parallel with when CR get beaten in the beginning.. she ask WW whether is alright to tie and hit a person just like animal.. she HATE that part of Goryeo and when she confront So she did ask you beat her like a dog??? its not about why CR have to get punish but its about how he do it... at that moment i think she realize that nothing for her in palace anymore.. she can't change nor have anything in here because for me she is tired.. tired about everything and she want to get away to save what left in her heart before she start hating So... she taking care of her heart and love before she will hate the one man that she loves..

Queen Yoo... yes Jung is a bad character but to Su he like a lil brother and he done nothing to her except be there for her so as someone that care about him its only rational that she let Jung in.. its not about taking side she doing what she think right and for her its only right for a son to see his mother after she die....

Su already doing what RX did in BBJX.. against 4th in every way and try to save everyone even when its mean having a confrontation with 4th... because like Su said in ep 17 she will make sure KG does't remembering as a cold blood king but a good king... its her way to protect So but in the end hurt each other... So won't understand why she doing all the thing that against him cause he did't know its her last attempt to change history............ and she can't in the end..

for me they both will hurt each other if they stay together and deep down So know that she will leave him the moment he get married to YH... because he did stop talking about anything when he got married and they keep arguing and arguing because they both feel guilt and anger toward each other... its just something that need to happen BUT the only thing go wrong here is Su will dies.. maybe if she did't die So will grant her wish to lived outside and they still be a lover... one way or other she will and need to get out from palace...

we can't blame any side when love goes wrong..... i just wish Su dies knowing So did love her and do not resent her.. also So know that she loves him before she dies..

Not saying I am taking Soo side and blame it on So...but I truly agree on the above.

Soo modern core value of human right and not been treated as animal VS Goryeo punishment and surviving skill just doesnt make sense for uri 21st century girl there.

Soo understanding and her maternal love towards all princes VS So wanting her by himself due to his obsession making her his one and only.

If Soo can be more selfish or So can be less obsess with Soo, things will not happen this way. But this is only IF. But there is no IF, be it in drama or real life.

That is their character. totally opposite of each other yet both deeply attracted to each other due to their differences. 

Didnt So fall for Soo cause of her understanding and maternal love.

Didnt Soo fall for So cause she know he always treated her as her one and only.

The same reason they are falling for each other deeply is the same reason which is making them apart. They are both of the extreme.

That is why, they could only be star cross lover. 

• Like 21

5 minutes ago, riuenu said:

Not saying I am taking Soo side and blame it on So...but I truly agree on the above. Soo modern core value of human right and not been treated as animal VS Goryeo punishment and surviving skill just doesnt make sense for uri 21st century girl there. Soo understanding and her maternal love towards all princes VS So wanting her by himself due to his obsession making her his one and only. If Soo can be more selfish or So can be less obsess with Soo, things will not happen this way. But this is only IF. But there is no IF, be it in drama or real life. That is their character. totally opposite of each other yet both deeply attracted to each other due to their differences. Didnt So fall for Soo cause of her understanding and maternal love. Didnt Soo fall for So cause she know he always treated her as her one and only. The same reason they are falling for each other deeply is the same reason which is making them apart. They are both of the extreme. That is why, they could only be star cross lover. 

@riuenu Exactly chingu, HS love and compassion is what gave the capacity to love and understand him. WS's obsession and devotion to her alone is what made her love him. He let her see him ( the good and bad) he showed her she can trust him. He let her be herself , understood her need to love everyone other than herself and selflessness for other is what attracted her to him. 

• Like 20

1 hour ago, missdharma85 said:

You are right.. Mianee everyone... :sweatingbullets:

I check again, now he's THIRD, only 0,1 more from SJK. 

i dont have any poin and charge now, what should i do? I want to purchase but i dont understand korean word. 

why they didnt use english.. AArghhhh..

YAH THIRD PLACE :wub:

Mine is in english, maybe if you go to settings you can change languages?  

To get points you can 2 options:  Finishing tasks ( that is either download an app and run it <arrg I hate this>  or liking some pages on facebook < I hate this too.. LJG what I don't do for you~~~)

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, violet90 said:

i don't know about the happy ending theory... there won't be a happy ending seeing how thing will turn in ep 19 but bittersweet ending can be made.. 

seeing how episode 19 going down the clifhanger is when Su leave the palace and So i think will broke down cause in the end he will be the one who send Su away and no matter how mad or angry he is Su is gone... ep 20 will start showing Su life with Jung and her act of missing So... but when her health keep worsen the letter being send.. when she's keep dying maybe Jung will send someone to inform BA about it and So get the news read the letter and go to Su... when he arrived Su barely alive and he hold her and said all the thing that he should said long ago before they break up... in the end Su will said she is tired and want to sleep a lil bit... So who keep holding his tears  will said its okay he will wait till she asleep.... and then her hand loosing the grip and that point So know she is gone.............. cue the tear jerking moment...

after her body being cremate So goes to her room who full with her scent and found her belonging.. her box that she keep all thing that he give to her... and that point he know that all this time she love him and there is no doubt about it.. cue another tear jerking moment...

i think So will scatter her ash at the sea.. its a place that she loves and he know that... finally we will see So alone in the throne and his eyes is lonely and nothing there because his soul is gone with Su.... maybe they will show So die because KHN have a mustache in this drama right.. 26 years later he dies saying one name that already forgotten but for him is alive inside him all this time... and then we got the montage of our SoSoo couple together... END

this is an ideal ending if they want to make the ending that different and not cliche like end up in modern time... also i have a little hope cause LJG cut his hair after the drama ended filming so he maybe don't have any scene in modern setting.. ( correct me if i'm wrong)

I like your ending above truly...it is bittersweet...yet, it still never break me that bad...

Please let the ending be like that...

Yup, I think Joongi only cut his hair after the drama ended...but my only take is, they dun film the drama in sequence, as it is pre production drama...

with the discussion in another thread...not too sure was it been discuss here, the recent cheek peck was film first.

And didnt Ha-Jin had her hair dyed and with her bang during episode 1, I hope they will film the ending first, so that we can have our modern setting.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, violet90 said:

i don't know about the happy ending theory... there won't be a happy ending seeing how thing will turn in ep 19 but bittersweet ending can be made.. 

seeing how episode 19 going down the clifhanger is when Su leave the palace and So i think will broke down cause in the end he will be the one who send Su away and no matter how mad or angry he is Su is gone... ep 20 will start showing Su life with Jung and her act of missing So... but when her health keep worsen the letter being send.. when she's keep dying maybe Jung will send someone to inform BA about it and So get the news read the letter and go to Su... when he arrived Su barely alive and he hold her and said all the thing that he should said long ago before they break up... in the end Su will said she is tired and want to sleep a lil bit... So who keep holding his tears  will said its okay he will wait till she asleep.... and then her hand loosing the grip and that point So know she is gone.............. cue the tear jerking moment...

after her body being cremate So goes to her room who full with her scent and found her belonging.. her box that she keep all thing that he give to her... and that point he know that all this time she love him and there is no doubt about it.. cue another tear jerking moment...

i think So will scatter her ash at the sea.. its a place that she loves and he know that... finally we will see So alone in the throne and his eyes is lonely and nothing there because his soul is gone with Su.... maybe they will show So die because KHN have a mustache in this drama right.. 26 years later he dies saying one name that already forgotten but for him is alive inside him all this time... and then we got the montage of our SoSoo couple together... END

this is an ideal ending if they want to make the ending that different and not cliche like end up in modern time... also i have a little hope cause LJG cut his hair after the drama ended filming so he maybe don't have any scene in modern setting.. ( correct me if i'm wrong)

This is actually an acceptable ending for me. Still following closely to the novel, female lead died-not showing her going back to present time, but then being brought further to focus on WS's end of his life where we can see and be comforted that his heart is still pining for HS. I can really live with this ending, and say good-bye to this drama with a smile, and may actually rewatch the whole drama again. I did mention previously that somehow the K-version is more WS-centered instead of HS-centered. So yeah, let's wrap up the drama in his perspective instead of HS's.

You're right about the hair. Unless they filmed secretly.... hmmm....

• Like 20

13 minutes ago, riuenu said:

Not saying I am taking Soo side and blame it on So...but I truly agree on the above.

Soo modern core value of human right and not been treated as animal VS Goryeo punishment and surviving skill just doesnt make sense for uri 21st century girl there.

Soo understanding and her maternal love towards all princes VS So wanting her by himself due to his obsession making her his one and only.

If Soo can be more selfish or So can be less obsess with Soo, things will not happen this way. But this is only IF. But there is no IF, be it in drama or real life.

That is their character. totally opposite of each other yet both deeply attracted to each other due to their differences. 

Didnt So fall for Soo cause of her understanding and maternal love.

Didnt Soo fall for So cause she know he always treated her as her one and only.

The same reason they are falling for each other deeply is the same reason which is making them apart. They are both of the extreme.

That is why, they could only be star cross lover. 

they just so different... also i want to add that Su saying she feel like a doll waiting her owner to come home... So treat her like a queen meaning she did't have to do anything just be there for him anytime he want... its not how Su think in the relationship.. i know So want to give everything to Su but his way is against Su thinking as a lover.. there is so many thing that they think is opposite each other cause like you said its a difference between them making them apart...

when they are not together they attract but now they are together they will destroy each other.. since the beginning the writer put a lil bits of how So and Soo will break each other later on.. many of you said that Su is biased toward other compare to So because of her compassion and maternal love toward everyone but So way who demand that she on his side and support him no matter what don't sit well with Su cause she don't think love supposed to be that way.. 

they are indeed a star crossed lover... i never knew is said this all the time i watch a drama this OTP love story is the most tragic one.. they love each other so much but can't be together...

• Like 12

On 26/10/2016 at 2:45 PM, kdramawriter said:

ON FUTURE SADNESS

My theory is that all those poems that Hae Su made Wang So write over and over again are going to come back and it's gonna bite Wang So so hard in the richard simmons. If we thought LJK did a great job with the Queen Yoo death scene, wait until the Hae Su death scene. We're all gonna need to take leave from work for a week. 

I also suspect that her diary written in Hangul will somehow be in a museum in the future. Maybe she sees it when she goes back to the future and maybe that's the moment she meets next-Gen Wang So. 

***Sorry I haven't able to update Escape From the Palace, I'm like too emotional right now. 

On 26/10/2016 at 5:53 PM, Yeekrfan2 said:

Awesome @kdramawriter ! Maybe in Ep 19, HS will let WS know she's from the future and after her death, WS will write a message to her in this Hangul diary of her like in the ending of the Korean drama "Queen In Hyun's Man" hoping she will read it in the future somehow? :w00t:  Ohh so excited with this idea, what does WS wishes to say?

This reminds me of Rooftop Prince too.... @kdramawriter @Yeekrfan2 Now I wish the ending will be similar... emmm ^_^

• Like 13

I always saw this drama well previous versions of this drama that she eventually fell in love with the prince/king and longed for him at the very end.  This version however has her chasing after another prince all the way through the drama ignoring the one who has done everything for her and would do everything for her, to me thats using him and taking full advantage emotionally even if its unintentional.  

I really hope they dont have her missing him at the end of this version its a betrayal, i really feel sorry for the prince/king now no matter how he turns out, to me its all he unintentional influence that has set off all of these events.  Why have a season 2 based off this for, I mean what so she can hunt down her convenient crush again and spend another 16 episodes emotionally using the one who cared about her or emotionally confused.

I like good scripts, writing and acting but this plot line is annoying & irritating.  I keep tuning in just in hope something is different but sadly no luck.  Sorry to those who are a fan of this one but i needed to unleash my frustration at the direction its going.

• Like 6

also another plot that been ignore... WH and BA... i think this one also will end in episode 19 where they kissed on the same spot Eun and SD kiss before they die... i mean the writer really put that place as a you going to die if you kiss here... so i pretty sure WH will kill herself maybe after somebody said something about knowing that she kill the minister or maybe threaten to tell BA.. 

so yes i think episode 19 will be the worse of all episode that we have cause everything will be thrown out in this episode...

• Like 17

29 minutes ago, violet90 said:

Wait, what? 

...I....have to see this. That cutie with a pedo-stache.... I need this in my life.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, violet90 said:

they just so different... also i want to add that Su saying she feel like a doll waiting her owner to come home... So treat her like a queen meaning she did't have to do anything just be there for him anytime he want... its not how Su think in the relationship.. i know So want to give everything to Su but his way is against Su thinking as a lover.. there is so many thing that they think is opposite each other cause like you said its a difference between them making them apart...

when they are not together they attract but now they are together they will destroy each other.. since the beginning the writer put a lil bits of how So and Soo will break each other later on.. many of you said that Su is biased toward other compare to So because of her compassion and maternal love toward everyone but So way who demand that she on his side and support him no matter what don't sit well with Su cause she don't think love supposed to be that way.. 

they are indeed a star crossed lover... i never knew is said this all the time i watch a drama this OTP love story is the most tragic one.. they love each other so much but can't be together...

Normally, I will avoid sad and tragic ending as well. But didnt know, I root for this drama so deeply.

Maybe is BBJX that drawn me to MLSHR, and BBJX prepared me for the tragic ending

Maybe is the pure and epic love that So had for Soo that keep me going, that the drama grew deeply in me...till I cant focus much of my daily life without this drama and forum.

Maybe is the cuteness and happiness of the BTS been my happy pill for the week that make me look forward to this drama

Or maybe, just maybe, my love for this OTP is exceed that I initially tot. Even knowing that I will cry my heart and soul out, emotionally drained and mood swing..I still want to watch this drama till the end.

I truly underestimate what this drama could do to me, till I laugh and cry, eat and sleep with this drama and forum. We been ranting on the writer and director, the OTP and the rest of the characters in MLSHR. But the more we rant, the more we complain, mean the more impact that this drama had for us. 

I been reminding myself, just to focus on the journey and ignore the ending, as the ending as we know is the tragic one, but yet..I am still, unable to ignore the ending nor removing myself from this drama.

To me, MLSHR truly succeed. Thanks MLSHR..for taking me on this journey...

• Like 18