[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

South Korean television series "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo," starring actor Lee Joon-gi and singer-actress IU, has surpassed 2 billion views on Chinese online broadcaster, the actor's agency said on Wednesday.

THIS NEWS IS GREAT!I'M SO HAPPY FOR THEM....

• Like 18

2 hours ago, violet90 said:

you know what character beside YH and WW that i really hate..?

JM character... his duty for me is making the history and nothing else matter..

I agree with you. In the beginning I was expecting JM was of some importance in this story, especially when there was a hint he came from future, but he is just a cold manipulator! He made HS live in palace and now he tells her your part is over so get away please :angry:. He helped WS to stay in the palace, guided him up to revolt and now when WS finally fulfilled his "king star" destiny what are that horrified face expressions? (I made you king but I had no hint you'll be so ruthless?) come on, JM, at least you could give some good piece of advice for a change, doesn't any king need a counselor?, poor WS doesn't even have a wise old enuch to consult with

• Like 15

@Adnana thank you for your post regarding HS refusal, that's exactly what I think too. The moment I saw GJ sitting alone after people hunted him about marriage all day long I realized that he knows that sooner or later he must do it.

@ChewyChocolate love your posts more and more! :D you should compile them in a book hahaha

the more I think about last episode (I wish I could stop thinking :tears:) the more pitiful are my OTP. Poor GJ, he is to know that his worst political rival WW had HS heart so easily while he waited for her how many years...and his worst rival for mother's love Jung is to marry HS who refused him for how many times... 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, briseis said:

This scene also shows how easily can history be manipulated and how easily lies can become the truth when history is written by the winners, and WS is the winner of this war.

This scene was phenomenal. But I don't think WS won by any shot. His mother died hating him. That reach of her hand was a claw, not a reach for forgiveness. She died hating Wang So and in some respect, I think he knew that she died hating him. She never forgave him for her own sin of scarring him for life. She was clawing at that scar, because it represents all the things she hates about herself and has transferred onto him. She's truly a terrible person. Even all of Wang So's lies about what their relationship was, it was meant to defile her true feelings about him, but it was also desperation and yearning on his part. It was a moving scene because they both didn't get what they wanted; she didn't get Jung and Wang So never got his mother's love. 

• Like 24

1 hour ago, kdramawriter said:

@adnana "She doesn't seem to be thinking about So at all--not about her solemn promise to stay by his side, nor about how he'd feel about her departure and whether maybe he'd let her go simply because she wants to and without it requiring Jung's unwelcome interference. Sigh."

I guess you can parse this in two ways. You can say that HS is being selfish, but I see it as self-preservation. 

What is more important? Their love or her individuality? I feel like as a modern woman, Ha Jin is entitled to feel like she is still a person; not just a source of comfort for her man. 

There's still a tiny bit of Ha Jin left in Hae Su, and I think her leaving Wang So is a desperate attempt to preserve what's left of herself. She's already given up so much of herself to be with him. She's struggling with the polygamy aspect of his life, which is necessary for consolidation of power, but murderous on her heart. She's trapped in the palace all day when she's told him that she loves her freedom and she wants to live her life the way she desires. She's also desperately ill and cannot tell him because it would not allow him the decision to let her go. She's is trapped in every way: emotionally, physically, and mentally. So I completely understand Hae Su when she decides to leave.

Wang So has stopped confiding in her, he has essentially stopped talking to her about his problems after he married Yeon Hwa. Probably because he feels incredibly guilty about marry someone who is not Hae Su again. The first time he married the Mu's daughter, he told her that he failed her, but that he did not wish to discuss it with her. And this ultimately hurt Hae Su more than if he had explained himself. The exact same thing again with the marriage to YH.

Hae Su only has one reason to be in the palace and that is her relationship with Wang So. The betrayal from Chae Ryung is only the straw that broke the camel's back. This is a long time coming. Ever since the proposal when she realizes that she can't marry him, it's been going downhill this way. I think they both are in denial the end of their relationship, because they're going to hurt each other MUCH more in Ep 19 before they break apart. But I don't fault her for leaving. She must to save herself. 

Adding quotes b/c I haven't figured out replies yet!

I totally agree with this - well said! I think in a way, it is more selfish of us to want HS to stay by WS's side no matter what changes. People change and circumstances change. I do believe that all the accumulated loss and grief she has had to endure, as well as losing her sense of self, is eating away at her little by little. If she stays in the palace, there will be nothing left of her but a shell of her former self.

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

This scene was phenomenal. But I don't think WS won by any shot. His mother died hating him. That reach of her hand was a claw, not a reach for forgiveness. She died hating Wang So and in some respect, I think he knew that she died hating him. She never forgave him for her own sin of scarring him for life. She was clawing at that scar, because it represents all the things she hates about herself and has transferred onto him. She's truly a terrible person. Even all of Wang So's lies about what their relationship was, it was meant to defile her true feelings about him, but it was also desperation and yearning on his part. It was a moving scene because they both didn't get what they wanted; she didn't get Jung and Wang So never got his mother's love. 

I agree...she died hating him. Well, that's the only feeling she had for him since the start: hate. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Gabi Bros said:

I think the writer can't avoid Wang So marrying YeonHwa because there has been dramas where they are king and queen? That's what I think.   

yes they are definitely king and queen of  goryeo...however YH is really a nameless person...history did not recorded the maiden name of queen daemok ,aside form the fact that she belong to the hawmbo clan ...my point is , that there are so many things that  they can do with this information and twist this particular story ...have HS be adopted into the clan...or have YH died and HS assume her identity ...ect...the writer is already mixing facts here and there..they could do something with this ...but as we can now assume...that will not be the case and WS is already married to YH as queen  daemok ,i will think...  i guess what i'm trying to say, its not that they shouldn't present accurate historical  facts...(GJ needs to be marry to daemok...) is just that they have many liberties in how it gets to be presented ....like thus far, we are made to sympathize with WS and his cause...because for the most part; it was shown in a way that we could associate with him and understand why he had to take the throne...why he had to rebel to consolidate his power....where as if they have chosen to represent him in a much   darker tone we would not have been able to support him at all...who knows and maybe the real GJ was really a tyrant or a sweet guy...we'll never know...

• Like 12

On 10/26/2016 at 10:02 AM, zi4r said:

Hey you! Gwangjong!

I suspect, you dunno much about women, so lemme tell you a lil' something, yeah?

You don't like a woman? Not interested in her at all? Not thinking of making babies with her?

Then, don't go putting your face 3 freaking inches away from hers, and get all smoldery!

Hide contents

Hide contents

With that gorgeous face & mesmerizing eyes of yours, no woman can take it, okay?!

***sounds of ovaries exploding***

And the last thing we want is you giving Yeon-hwa a heart attack. I mean, not that we're against her death or something... but we need a slowwwww and painful death for her. Heart attack is too swift and merciful.

I liked the way he got YH's hopes up only to dash them when he walked away :w00t:

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, may6 said:

yes they are definitely king and queen of  goryeo...however YH is really a nameless person...history did not recorded the maiden name of queen daemok ,aside form the fact that she belong to the hawmbo clan ...my point is , that there are so many things that  they can do with this information and twist this particular story ...have HS be adopted into the clan...or have YH died and HS assume her identity ...ect...the writer is already mixing facts here and there..they could do something with this ...but as we can now assume...that will not be the case and WS is already married to YH as queen  daemok ,i will think...  i guess what i'm trying to say, its not that they shouldn't present accurate historical  facts...(GJ needs to be marry to daemok...) is just that they have many liberties in how it gets to be presented ....like thus far, we are made to sympathize with WS and his cause...because for the most part; it was shown in a way that we could associate with him and understand why he had to take the throne...why he had to rebel to consolidate his power....where as if they have chosen to represent him in a much   darker tone we would not have been able to support him at all...who knows and maybe the real GJ was really a tyrant or a sweet guy...we'll never know...

My thoughts exactly. Earlier on (like 800 pages ago) someone had some theory that perhaps Wang Moo (who was very fond and protective of Hae Soo) or Queen Hwangbo would like Hae Soo enough to adopt her into their family (Queen Hwangbo was fond of Lady Hae, who she regarded as family and gave a promise but never kept. I was banking on the chance that Yeon Hwa might die because of some crazy botched plan and Lady Hwangbo would adopt Hae Soo to stop Wook from mindlessly going after her and committing treason hahaha). So therefore Hae Soo either becomes Wang So's second wife since she was the adoptive child of Wang Moo (therefore she becomes Wang So's legal niece) or Yeon Hwa dies and she gets adopted (therefore becoming his legal half sister) and she will marry Wang So and take the name Queen Daemok. It's extremely far fetched but it's not extremely implausible. After all, Baek Ah was going to try and get Woo Hee adopted by a good family so he didn't have to present her as an orphan girl of Hubaekje origin. Why couldn't So or anyone else around him attempt the same? But clearly the writers don't want to stretch things this far and give us the happy fairy tale ending we wanted. Haha :(

I'm still waiting for Yeon Hwa's karma to get majorly served to her btw. She's literally the only one who made it this far without any big sacrifice yet. She can't possibly be the only one who walks away from this as a winner. That's too much unfairness for my heart to handle.

Oh yes and Won. He's going to get served too.

• Like 24

41 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

I didn't mean that he was the winner in that way that's why I called the whole post The IMPERFECT VICTORY - that's the whole point of the post, that he didn't win there where it mattered; but he won by surviving her, by becoming the king despite all the obstacles she gave him, and because of it he will write the history - HIS VERSION OF IT.

• Like 20

8 minutes ago, gihwayujo said:

My thoughts exactly.

8 minutes ago, gihwayujo said:

Why couldn't So or anyone else around him attempt the same? But clearly the writers don't want to stretch things this far and give us the happy fairy tale ending we wanted. Haha :(

I feel you chingu....virtual hug :bawling: at times i feel that we are more creative that the writers...i'm still crossing fingers and hoping for a different ending than BBX, not particularly a different outcome but just a different sequence of events...secretly i'm wishing for a happy ending so i'm eagerly waiting  for the next episode ...i guess it  is  only fair to conclude that by ep 19 we'll  really truly know how this  drama is going to end..whether is a happy ending ,sad ending ,or  hopeful one with a future promise of a reunion ...

• Like 12

this might be an unpopular belief ,  but i really believe that by the end  of it all...queen yo really wanted to reach to so ,sort of like in a plea ...i kind of heard her mumbling his name ...trying to pronounce it  with her last breath...i don't view that scene as her scratching  his face...more like with all that is left of me..with my last  effort .... i don't even have any strength left but please forgive me... he was busy  telling her all about his plan..that he didn't see how desperate she was trying to reach him ....i mean queen yo was bad and all , but in her heart she knew she did him wrong and his last words really brought her to the root of it all..all that was left was to apologize ...who wants to leave with all this pain and hate...i would like to think that she decided at her last minute to let  it all go...even her pride and struggle for a sort of motherly apology and acknowledgement ... that he too was her son and that she treated  him like she did because she was unable to forgive herself ...it is  not that she was uncapable of love, is just that she was unable to ... to love her mistakes and to punish him  and deny him  of her love, was to deny herself of her self forgiveness and of  his as well...it was just   really such a toxic relationship... and like  how many have  already wonderfully pointed out, they were so much alike...that  i am willing to believe  that they both forgave  each other... 

• Like 10