[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

On 10/26/2016 at 2:43 AM, MAROSA_JIN said:

Lee Joon-gi confirms Asia tour

Actor Lee Joon-gi will tour Asia including Korea, Japan and Taiwan. 

A source at Lee’s agency Namoo Actors said Wednesday, “We have confirmed dates for Korea, Japan and Taiwan, and we are currently negotiating dates for other countries. We will update fans as soon as they are confirmed.” 

“The fan support that Lee Joon-gi receives from domestic and foreign fans is incredible. His fan base has grown across all age groups and he even has a strong male fan base. He wishes to thank everyone for supporting him and he is extremely grateful,” said the source. 

The dates have not been announced, but will be revealed once the tour schedule for other countries has been fixed. 

USA is in Asia, right? :(

Though truly, if he came to the US, I'd probably fly to any state to see him. Though, I'd prefer it if he came to the West Coast!! :) Seattle, Washington has love for LJG!

• Like 16

@briseisagain what a wonderful post and that is my point precisely, how much can she justify and take CH side in all this...i wonder...until CH some way or the other decides to poison WS...cause she better believe he was next...i can only imagine agassi i'm sorry i poisoned your lover and set you up as a traitor because i love  a snake so much ...but hey no hard feelings since it is love...you will understand :crazy: and then HS will be like yeah girl don't worry come at me with all this misery ...i'm prepare to forgive anything  you name it ...your only crime was to be born a slave ...but a slave to your passions and since we associate slavery to be born without reason( so not true ,but it seems that ,that is what she believes) ..then no problem... i will not blame you for having no brain...lets blame it on your status ...no better yet let me  blame it on  WS in the after life ... cause you know how i'm all pro people ...with a graduate degree in  tearing apart my happiness and a concentration in finding faults in my man...currently an expert on endangered relationships....sarcasm aside ( which i don't think i'm very good at anyway)   really ...when would have been ok for her to stop supporting CH again until she really killed WS...is kill or be killed ...she better decides  if she wants to live or not .. cause she was also going to get rid of her ...what is the man ( WS)  that loves you and is trying to protect you do ...let  her friend kill him and write a letter of consolation for her  ...i'm sorry i didn't want to cause you pain by killing your friend so i decided to let her kill me instead ...this is also the reason why she will never be happy ...past ,present and future ...a person that simply wants to be a pleaser will never obtain anything he/she wants ...she needs to prioritize in order to give ...because happiness is a choice you make ...not something that is giving to you ... it is also not something that you wait for ...it is an acttitude that you take the moment you decide to think about your own purpose ... think about you first and then later others...if   she decides to  be hurt by everything and everyone all the time, she is always setting up herself for failure and unhappiness

• Like 10

3 hours ago, briseis said:

Not on My Side

“Mothers build this for their children? She shouldn’t come to this thing. She should come beg to me! Let go! Let me go! - Wang So (EP04)

“You probably won’t be forgiven. Still, I understand you. How you’re feeling right now it must be so miserable. I think I can relate.”  - Hae Soo (EP04)

“It was always me who was cast aside! Right before she died she finally touched this face of mine. In all my 25 years of life, I have never had her to myself…You should have said you understood me. - Wang So (EP18)

Episode 18 might hurt like hell, but there is so much hidden brilliance in it with each scene and storyline being tied to that fateful night 9 years ago at the praying stones. That moment is referenced several times, in different scenes, but never is it more apparent than during the argument between So and Hae Soo. IT ALMOST FEELS LIKE A DEJA VU IN THE WAY THE SCENES MIRROR EACH OTHER - once again WS is ranting about his horrible mothe, once again HS’s trying to calm him with her touch, once again he pushes her away. Even their facial expression and body languages is similar.

“No matter what I’ve done wrong, she’ll shield me, understand me and tell me it’s alright. The only person in the world who is on my side.” - Hae Soo (EP03 DS)

“Why are you on Jung’s side too? You, of all people, should be on my side! - Wang So

This is not about taking sides. - Hae Soo

However, there is one glaring difference this time - SHE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND HIM and there is disbelief on So’s face once more, but this time for a completely different reason - and that’s heartwrenching for WS because she has always been THAT PERSON FOR HIM, a person his mother never was; AND DECIDING NOT TO CHOOSE A SIDE SHE IS TRULY BETRAYING HIM. This is not a situation she can keep neutrality! If you love someone and you are loyal to that person you stick by his side come hell or high water. So doesn’t want anything special from her - she is his partner, his lover, his second half, his equal - he wants her to be ON HIS SIDE because that’s what all partners/spouses/lovers do and want. And in his mind, they are partners that’s why he shares so much with her, but even before she had undermined him and his decision as a king when she send for Jung (So didn’t send Jung away out of personal jealousy or animosity, but because his foolish little brother was stirring trouble, questioning the legitimacy of his claim to the throne) and yet he forgave her. SO HAS ALWAYS RESPECTED HER DECISION AND CHOICES, but how can they be partners when she doesn’t respect his?

WANG SO HAS ALWAYS BEEN BY HS’s SIDE EVEN AFTER ALL HER CRUEL REJECTIONS AND THE TERRIBLE CHOICES SHE MADE, ABANDONING HIS FAMILY TO BE THERE, yet when it’s her turn to support him, SHE DOES NOT STAND BY HIM, she does not show him the same loyalty in return; she isn’t ready to sacrifice anything which matters to her. How would she feel if HE DECIDED NOT TO CHOOSE HER SIDE?! She (and probably majority of the fandom with her) would go about HOW HE CHANGED, HOW HE DIDN’T REMAIN STEADFAST, HOW HE BETRAYED HER,… The truth is that in this moment, Hae Soo is a hypocrite.

@briseis as always... your analysis was great

HS statement in the beginning episode when WS just kill the assassin in the temple... HS was very understanding that this is the era when you have to wield sword at very young age, you have to kill other to live and it's not crime to want to live. It might not forgiven but she understand it... why can she understand him now ?:bawling:  after so much pain that they have gone through.... WHY...WHY...WHY... maybe she consider CR as her sister.... but CP and Eun death was part of CR crime and they are WS's brother

• Like 13

1 hour ago, briseis said:

Forgiveness and Justice

“(I told you that I killed people!) Then, tell me why you killed them. Did you… do it for fun?” - Hae Soo (EP04)

HS asked WS that question almost 10 years ago after he killed those monks, now she asks why he ordered CR’s death, 10 years ago he didn’t answer her because he was ashamed of his actions, regretted them and felt guilty, now HE DOES ANSWER because he doesn’t feel any of it, BECAUSE THIS WAS JUSTICE, PURE AND SIMPLE. 

“No matter how many times you die and are reborn you will eventually have to pay for what you’ve done.” 

Everyone has to pay for their crimes at one point in their lives. The list of CR’s crimes is staggering and horrifying, in the US or Japan she would receive a death penalty for them even today; and WS knows about every single one of them. Because he didn’t condemn CR to death based on mere speculations, nor was he exceedingly cruel, HE TRULY INVESTIGATED EVERYTHING, FINDING EVIDENCE OF HER CRIMES AND THEN HE CARRIED OUT A JUST PUNISHMENT, a punishment appropriate for the era he lives in (a lethal injection simply wasn’t an option in 951). He had the right to judge CR and condemn her and not just because he’s the king, but because HE IS THE PERSON WHO WAS HURT THE MOST BY HER - she killed his brother, made him kill Eun, helped Yo’s revolt, took away from him the possibilty to make HS his queen, brought HS so much pain… JUSTICE IS WHAT YOU DESERVE WHILE FORGIVENESS IS SOMETHING YOU DON’T DESERVE, BUT IS GIVEN TO YOU - HS’s forgiveness for CR is hers to give, but in her forgiveness SHE WOULD DENY THE JUSTICE TO ALL THE INNOCENT who died because of CR - Moo, Eun, SD,… - and also to those who were left behind to live in the world without ther loved ones (Wang So, General Park, Baek Ah, Wang Jung,…). Wang So has killed many in his lifetime, but NEVER THE INNOCENT!

“I had no reason or need to forgive her.” 

Yet, So was prepared to deny that justice, all out of love for HS, HE GAVE CR TWO chances (first - to leave the Palace, second - to stay with HS in the Palace) but she failed both times, only then when he knew that she keeps betraying HS, did he order her death. When he is once again is brutally honest about the truth with Soo, coming clean before her because he promised her not to lie to her; it’s the truth she doesn’t want to hear because it hurts her, so she lashes out at him; she always does because he’s such an easy target. CR with her actions hurt her more than he ever did but she centers all the blame on him. Just like with her vision; just like he wasn’t responsible for Eun’s death then, he isn’t responsible for CR’s actions, now.

“That girl her only crime was being born as a slave. (’I am just a person who couldn’t stop loving once I started.’)” 

Actually, CR COMMITTED ALL THOSE ATROCITIES ONLY AFTER SHE WAS FREED FROM SLAVERY! And while LOVE IS A COOL MOTIVE, IT’S STILL A MURDER! IF WS murdered Eun not because he asked him to, but to protect HS, IF SO ACTUALLY KILLED HIM OUT OF LOVE FOR HER, WOULD SHE FORGIVE HIM, AS WELL? NO, she would not! WS wasn’t born a slave, but he’d been scarred and lived as an outcast and hostage his whole life, which is actually maybe even worse life than CR led. And he loves someone just like CR did, but he hasn’t murdered innocent people for her. They both have free will and CR FREELY DECIDED to follow Wook’s and Won’s orders, while So freely decided to protect his brothers (Moo and Eun). If Hae Soo loves Wang So, HOW CAN SHE SO EASILY FORGIVE THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATH OF HIS BROTHERS?! FOR THE PAIN AND TORMENT IT CAUSED HIM?!

Omo Omo !!! @briseis Chingu well said and I agree with you. HS is someone who understands people's pain but when it comes to love she puts her loved one's on a pedestal .  She needs a perfect man, someone she can lean on, trust and love. HS seems to forget that not everything is in black or white. To a man , she is the perfect woman because she is pure , loving and has no greed. When she loves she gives herself to them. Because of the type of woman she is , she was made to love just one man (Wang So) the man who has never been loved, trusted or respected his entire life.  Back to Hae Soo because she is a woman from the future, she has an understanding of people pain and people's desire or happiness. She is also a double edged sword because she can bring happiness and true pain to them if she touched them deeply has became a part of their world. HS spends so much time understanding people but refuses to see the damage that person caused. There are consequences that can never be forgiven. All CR actions has had a big ripple effect which led to a lot of bloodshed. Another thing that HS doesn't know is the meaning of love and finding the perfect mate for her. She expect her other half to be perfect and forgetting that people make mistakes and life has so much twist and turns that makes people move in the direction the world wants them too. It is also up to the person to adapt to whatever the wind blows their way and take charge otherwise they will keep making mistakes.  Lots of people are afraid of WS but I think he is doing a great job trying to stop these clans from corrupting his people's lives for their greed. In his era, I believe he needs to be ruthless and I think JM has always known WS was dangerous because he knew about the future but he can still be affairs because it was WA's fate to be king ( a ruthless king.  Even now HS was furious with him she still was heartbroken at WS's pain. Even when she leaves him, she willlll be ultimately HEARTBROKEN BY BEING APART FROM HIM. SHE WILLL BE MISSING HIM AND WILLLL THINK WS STOP LOVING HER AND THAT HE HAS MOVED ON WILLL HURT HER EVEN MORE. I think that HS stillll hasn't realized HOW MUCH SHE HAS LET WS IN HER HEART. HS AND WS HAD GIVEN EACH OTHER HEART AND SOUL WITHOUT REALIZING THEY DIS THAT. 

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

Though truly, if he came to the US, I'd probably fly to any state to see him. Though, I'd prefer it if he came to the West Coast!! :) Seattle, Washington has love for LJG!

East coast it is for me...:wink:

• Like 9

Hi eclipses!

Only 2 more eps to go! I was determined to be a silent reader, desperately caught up with this super fast moving thread, tried to read all of your brilliant comments here. But now I gave in. I have to create an account and express my great admiration to you all. There's never been a drama that I enjoy so much, and I think the bigger reason for this sudden engagement is all the insights to the plot and characters you gave me.  

@40somethingahjumma I am so so in love with your posts. Every point is well laid, beautifully said, and gives a sense of utter understanding and sympathizing. There are many things that can I feel from the motives of each characters but cannot articulate them the way you do. Your posts always remind me of the saying "don't judge anyone,you don't know what kind of battle they are fighting". I reckon that you are a forgiving mother figure, who always listens and understands. My hat off to you!

@Adnana I share every single one of your POVs. You know what, you were the reason I started reading this crazily moving thread. Originally I contended myself with reading recaps and comments on Dramabeans. But after episode 12 or 13 (I don't remember exactly), I read a lot of negative comments on HS and felt considerably frustrated and down-mood. Then I bumped into your post, which reasonably explained HS actions in a very forgiving and understandable manner, which gave me the strength to move on with this heart wrenching drama. And now every time I feel that I don't have the nerve to continue this torturous journey to the end, I seek out to your posts and many other brilliant, enlightening posts. 

@briseis LGJ is excellent with his micro-acting skill. But you rock with your scene micro-analyzing skill! I always look forward to your analysis. And after reading it, I rewatch each episode with a great sense of freshness and appreciation. 

@zi4r Your posts challenge my POV every time. I have a tendency to compromise and try to understand all the characters' actions and what the writer presented to us viewers. But your posts always buy me with your sharp observations and persuasive arguments, make me rethink and look up to a bigger picture. Your sarcasms are so fun to read, though sting sometimes when they are totally against my POV. Keep up the great work!

And I couldn't agree more on your analysis of Yeon Hwa. She's an interesting character who's doing everything she could to survive in the male dominant world of Goryeo. However, for her fated position as the disgusting third party between our OTP and the limited screening time, she was depicted as a heartless vicious snake. I've never truly hated her, but I was still drawn to the hate group unconsciously. However, after reading your post, I find enough reasons to root for her and no longer feel heartbroken that she is GJ's queen and will be the mother of his children. Btw, she should have had a drama of her own if possible. 

And if you guys plan to open a critical thinking and writing class, sign me in! :wub:

Edited by 30orsomething
  • Like 20

1 hour ago, soorani said:

Just to inform: He's the number one in votes for today, but still fourth in the big list (and very close to getting the third position) so keep voting everyone!!! :D

You are right.. Mianee everyone... :sweatingbullets:

I check again, now he's THIRD, only 0,1 more from SJK. 

i dont have any poin and charge now, what should i do? I want to purchase but i dont understand korean word. 

why they didnt use english.. AArghhhh..

• Like 7

for me i don't believe in loving someone meaning have to accept and support every single thing that your love one want... i think we all already discuss about why Su don't have to repay back what So have done to her but she redeem herself when she allowed So to get married to YH and still staying with him even through the polygamy stuff... So basically have it all in his way when he became a king whether in term of how should Su love him and the power... and yes Su maybe selfish or even compassion for other a little too much but the scene where Jung and Queen Yoo also CR show that she is GHJ and not Su...

what So done is not wrong and even i can totally justifies why he done that... and yes in Goryeo era is something that have to happen.. you get death punishment if you do wrong and for me that's what So done... like in novel 4th saying he did't care about other the only person that he care about is RX.. just like So said he have no need to forgive CR cause what she done is harming Su... its an act of a lover protecting his lover BUT here we talking about GHJ and not Su...

just like when she said to BA that its too cruel.. this scene is parallel with when CR get beaten in the beginning.. she ask WW whether is alright to tie and hit a person just like animal.. she HATE that part of Goryeo and when she confront So she did ask you beat her like a dog??? its not about why CR have to get punish but its about how he do it... at that moment i think she realize that nothing for her in palace anymore.. she can't change nor have anything in here because for me she is tired.. tired about everything and she want to get away to save what left in her heart before she start hating So... she taking care of her heart and love before she will hate the one man that she loves..

Queen Yoo... yes Jung is a bad character but to Su he like a lil brother and he done nothing to her except be there for her so as someone that care about him its only rational that she let Jung in.. its not about taking side she doing what she think right and for her its only right for a son to see his mother after she die....

Su already doing what RX did in BBJX.. against 4th in every way and try to save everyone even when its mean having a confrontation with 4th... because like Su said in ep 17 she will make sure KG does't remembering as a cold blood king but a good king... its her way to protect So but in the end hurt each other... So won't understand why she doing all the thing that against him cause he did't know its her last attempt to change history............ and she can't in the end..

for me they both will hurt each other if they stay together and deep down So know that she will leave him the moment he get married to YH... because he did stop talking about anything when he got married and they keep arguing and arguing because they both feel guilt and anger toward each other... its just something that need to happen BUT the only thing go wrong here is Su will dies.. maybe if she did't die So will grant her wish to lived outside and they still be a lover... one way or other she will and need to get out from palace...

we can't blame any side when love goes wrong..... i just wish Su dies knowing So did love her and do not resent her.. also So know that she loves him before she dies..

• Like 22

Can someone pls clarify what did JiSoo ask LJG in the BTS clip? Is it something about whether he is in a relationship or not? What was his answer?

Edit: never mind, as soon as I posted this, I saw qwenli already posted the translation. Thx!

• Like 13

23 minutes ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

USA is in Asia, right? :(

OMG! Me too!  I'd fly anywhere to any state too. Love from the sunshine state California here. LJG, Californians knows how to worship the Sun. (Don't know to to post pics here but per one of his posters, there are the words,"He didn't want to become the Sun, but he shone brightly"). We will soak in your light. 

• Like 17

I saw that many of you here want to fry YH and find it unjust if WS has no idea of her role in the tea poisoning incident that nearly killed WS, had HS badly tortured and accidentally killed lady Oh. But I see that this is the turning point in the love triangle. Had it not been YH who was the real culprit, WW wouldn't be forced the dead-end situation and have to cut his tie with HS. It also provided a peculiar chance for WS to make up with HS (I believe that after the premonitions, the forced kiss, the impulsive escape from the palace, their relationship deteriorated considerably). So in short, no YH's scheming, no breaking up between WW and HS, no chance of acceptance for WS. If anything, WS must be grateful to YH, not furious at all :D.

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Jisoo and Nam Joo Hyuk was filming him, 

NJH asked him "how old are you?" 

LJG: I am twenty years old

then they pretended to be reporters and ask " Are you dating now?"

and LJG replied " yes I am" lol

NJH: "wow, this is a scoop!"

LJG " the person I am dating is....my fans"

:D:D:D

Thanks qwenli. You know, of all things they can ask, why choose to ask whether he is dating or not? *hint, hint*? Ooops, should we take this to the shipper's thread instead? :D

Btw, what is all the buzz on weibo? Care to share?

• Like 14

I'm super scared :cry:and nervous:grimace: but excited :w00t:to see upcoming pics for 19 and 20! Yikes its Thursday and 3 more days. I'm so invested into this couple and drama, that I barely noticed that October 31 is Halloween and it's the first time that I wasn't bothered whether I should dress up or if I should go out. :expressionless: I'm more concerned about the ending and what it holds for WS and HS, haha.

• Like 16

5 hours ago, gihwayujo said:

I'm still waiting for Yeon Hwa's karma to get majorly served to her btw. She's literally the only one who made it this far without any big sacrifice yet. She can't possibly be the only one who walks away from this as a winner. That's too much unfairness for my heart to handle.

Yeon Hwa sacrificed her humanity.

she no longer has to give anything else up because she WILLINGLY just throws everyone away...I think she will be the only one who gets everything she wanted. Even if So doesn't love her, I think she'll be okay with it.

Which has lead me to this theory:

Yeon Hwa is the writer of this drama!!!!! It gave us so many promises and we invested so much into it, believing that we would get something in return!... but in the end, its all betrayal and pain....

I AM ON TO YOU, WRITERS!

• Like 18

10 minutes ago, 30orsomething said:

I saw that many of you here want to fry YH and find it unjust if WS has no idea of her role in the tea poisoning incident that nearly killed WS, had HS badly tortured and accidentally killed lady Oh. But I see that this is the turning point in the love triangle. Had it not been YH who was the real culprit, WW wouldn't be forced the dead-end situation and have to cut his tie with HS. It also provided a peculiar chance for WS to make up with HS (I believe that after the premonitions, the forced kiss, the impulsive escape from the palace, their relationship deteriorated considerably). So in short, no YH's scheming, no breaking up between WW and HS, no chance of acceptance for WS. If anything, WS must be grateful to YH, not furious at all :D.

Everything happened for a reason. You have a point there, but if we investigate further, it was because QY slipped the info to WS about the poisoning plan that he became aware of it and intervened. Had the plan succeeded, the poison would have killed Mu as well as HS. YH has blood in her hands. She doesn't hesitate to sacrifice other people's lives to get what she wants, eg. Eun and SD. We can call it or praise it as self-preservation, but I see greed as well. Yeah, I'm definitely not on her camp.

• Like 13