[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

9 minutes ago, violet90 said:

what have this drama done to me....

i can't watch any drama other than this cause i did't feel anything watching them even the funny one.. i can't even bring myself to watch modern family which my happy pill.. other OTP seem nothing to me after watching our OTP love blossom in front of me.. i can't even point out why So and Su love story drawn me so much that i don't think i ever root for OTP this much.. their chemistry? or their selflessness in loving each other or the fact that they are star crossed lover.. 

but for me its enough.. whether we have a happy or sad ending both of them love each other and that love happen in their life.. the true and purest love that they have cannot be erased or forgotten... maybe that's why drama that have the most heartbreaking love story have the biggest impact to viewer cause the pain and sorrow between lovers.. so i'm prepared for the last 2 episode and i have faith in writer to justify our OTP love story and completed their journey together whether in a sad or bittersweet ending... 

its been a long journey for both of them and we as viewer feel it too... in the end they both loved each other in so many way so i hope there is no regret or hate when Su dies.. its enough to leave So with a memory that one woman did love him and accepted him when nobody did.. and their love for me is enough.. :tears:

Cvg3T1rUsAA7JWJ.jpg

the sad part is when Su character description is she wish they did't meet cause she would't miss So this much and So character want to love Su even when he dies....:tears:

their love is destined to doom the moment So save Su in ep 1 but i did't think it will effect me this much.. much more than BBJX cause i invested my emotion to OTP so much.. but just make it a justice ending for how much they loved each other.. they deserve that much..

I think for me, I became obsessed with them from the very beginning when he pushed her off his horse after having saved her from falling into the river bank. That was so unexpected (as pretty much everything else in this drama is for me), I laughed out loud. It should not have been funny but it was so funny.  Her wide eyed direct gazing of him and then her scream when she fell and her indignation and his surprise that she would dare berate him after having saved her, made me love this couple instantly.  Added to this was all his emotions flitting beautifully across his face in matters of seconds at her audacity. And he didn't even have to say a word during this scene and I still understood all. 

I love their chemistry, their interactions with each other. I love their journey of falling in love. I love every scene of them. Most drama has maybe just a couple of memorable scenes with the OTPs, but our OTP's EVERY scene is unforgettable. And that is why we ache to see more of them and we feel so cheated that there is just not enough scenes of them.  And why we are so invested emotionally in this couple.  They just work as a couple even though the drama is all about how they can't work as a couple.  

I'm just glad I can be a witness to their love. ;-)

• Like 24

you know what character beside YH and WW that i really hate..?

JM character... his duty for me is making the history and nothing else matter.. his loyalty is always with the king or future king and you can see he know who the future king are.. since the beginning he does't stop Su from helping So but when she want to change thing he stop her.. JM knew Su is the key to make So as a king so he do what he can to get Su closer to So.. just like when putting Su in the palace and close to So.. 

what bother me is when he ask Su to give up on marrying So and she have pain in her chest.. JM face is like he know she going to die soon and he can't and won't do anything about it.. if So know that Su is sick even the throne he will give that up to be with Su.. his character not evil but he willing to do anything to make sure So rules for 26 year and the queen must be YH.. 

its just plain suck to see how his character selfishly do everything to make a king and feeling for him don't matter.. at least he loyal to So but if So know that JM know about Su fate and did't tell him i want to know what So will do to him...

• Like 16

25 minutes ago, paldia said:

I am watching episode 17 now! Wow, YH is really something! The part where she asks WW to help her become queen, and she will repay him for the pain he is going through! Oh yes she is going to repay him, with a death sentence for treason! Their mother must be so proud of them! I hope Wook will tell So everything about her "good deeds" to repay her kindness and sisterly love! 

Yeon Hwa would've been an awesome character if she had ONE REDEEMING CHARACTERISTIC! But she has none!...I hate Wook but it makes me a little sad that his sister turns against him. He gave up Hae Soo to protect his mom and sister...in the end, they just gave up on him....(I can see why...he took way too long to take the throne.)

So will use Yeon Hwa against Wook but I don't think So will end up killing him. Wook's mother was a former queen, his sister is the current queen, and he comes from a very powerful family. I'm thinking So will just inprison/torture him and embarrass him for the rest of his life as an example for all the other families.

• Like 10

When queen yoo died, ws said he will built a temple and spread news how good their mother-son relationship is. Maybe he will do the same about yh, how they have 5 children and loving couple etc but in reality he ignored yh throughout their lives? I dont know how the writer can fit in no love but 5 children story but i hope all of them were adopted! 

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, bluesunny3 said:

Yeon Hwa would've been an awesome character if she had ONE REDEEMING CHARACTERISTIC! But she has none!...I hate Wook but it makes me a little sad that his sister turns against him. He gave up Hae Soo to protect his mom and sister...in the end, they just gave up on him....(I can see why...he took way too long to take the throne.)

So will use Yeon Hwa against Wook but I don't think So will end up killing him. Wook's mother was a former queen, his sister is the current queen, and he comes from a very powerful family. I'm thinking So will just inprison/torture him and embarrass him for the rest of his life as an example for all the other families.

Exactly! Wook at least seemed guilty when So banished Jung, but YH has no conscience! She immediately sold Eun out to Yo, without regret or remorse, and she knew he is going to die!In the next 2 episodes she will desert her brother and her mother (her whole household)!

6 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

When queen yoo died, ws said he will built a temple and spread news how good their mother-son relationship is. Maybe he will do the same about yh, how they have 5 children and loving couple etc but in reality he ignored yh throughout their lives? I dont know how the writer can fit in no love but 5 children story but i hope all of them were adopted! 

Or they are from someone else! :P

• Like 10

*Phew* Now I have finally caught up! sweating-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Guys do you know if we still have to-die-or-not-to-die dilemma with baseball mondays? I'd really love to know if next week's tuesday is set to stone that will air finale? info-onion-head-emoticon.gif I need couple of days beforehand to file a day out of work.. and missing the live stream rather watching the finale at work is torture to me dead-onion-head-emoticon.gifI'd really appreciate a heads up with this wow1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, pwnkl said:

*Phew* Now I have finally caught up! sweating-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Guys do you know if we still have to-die-or-not-to-die dilemma with baseball mondays? I'd really love to know if next week's tuesday is set to stone that will air finale? info-onion-head-emoticon.gif I need couple of days beforehand to file a day out of work.. and missing the live stream rather watching the finale at work is torture to me dead-onion-head-emoticon.gifI'd really appreciate a heads up with this wow1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Wow monday may not have episode 19? Part of me is sad but selfish part of me hopes 1st nov is not finale? Because i have a big presentation and launch on 2nd nov! I dont know how am i gonna handle the emotions after the drama ends and the next day is ab important day in my career.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, paldia said:

Exactly! Wook at least seemed guilty when So banished Jung, but YH has no conscience! She immediately sold Eun out to Yo, without regret or remorse, and she knew he is going to die!In the next 2 episodes she will desert her brother and her mother (her whole household)!

Or they are from someone else! :P

Hmm hs 's health and remaining life span may not give her 5 children. But knowing her.... she may have adopted some poor kids maybe after she left the palace. After her death ws took them as his own. Yh is childless. Yes!! If hs gonna die, i want this ending!

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Hmm hs 's health and remaining life span may not give her 5 children. But knowing her.... she may have adopted some poor kids maybe after she left the palace. After her death ws took them as his own. Yh is childless. Yes!! If hs gonna die, i want this ending!

I didn't mean HS, I meant that YH's chidren are from another man, not So! But that is just my imagination!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ChewyChocolate said:

The Wedding Night

GJ silently unveils the bride.

GJ: EEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!

Wook: Surprise!!!!

GJ: OMG. 

Wook: I switched with YH.

GJ: What????

Wook: Yeah, I clobbered her over the head with my ink pot.

GJ: Why????

Wook: I threw her away before she could throw me away.

GJ: How????

Wook: I threw her away into the deepest, stinkiest garbage bin in the Damiwon. 

GJ: OMG.

Wook: It wasn't fair she gets to be queen before me. 

GJ: You...you...

Wook:  Me...Me...hahahaha 

GJ: Get out.

Wook: I could wear a mask if you like. To spice things up.

GJ: Guards, I need to get the guards...

Wook: Hey, lookie here, I'm wearing Ji Mong's mask....our love is written in the stars he he he

GJ: OMG. He's lost his mind.

Wook: Wanna make shadow puppets? I'll do the howling...woooooo woooooo....

GJ: Guards! Arrest this madman!

Wook: You're divorcing me? But we just got married!

Knock knock

GJ: Who's there? Yikes!!!! It's an apparition! And it stinks!

YH: It's me.

GJ: YH? OMG what happened to you?

YH: This is what happens when you get thrown into the deepest, stinkiest garbage bin in the Damiwon.

GJ: Your hair...gross, it looks like rats' tails. Ew.

YH: It is rat's tails. The rats chewed my hair down to the roots. I wrenched out their tails and stuck them on my scalp with rotting rice grains.

GJ: That is disgusting.

YH: I couldn't come to see you with a bald head, could I?

GJ: And your teeth!

YH: Wook threw me in head first. I landed on my teeth. 

GJ: OMG. You look like General Park.

YH: He's got more teeth than me now.

GJ: And your dimples are gone!

YH: They fell out with my teeth.

Wook: I'm prettier than you now.

YH: You traitor! You yellow-livered no-good wannabe queen! You're dead!

Wook: Now, now, YH, let's be calm about this....here, have some tea.

YH: Gimme that teacup...I'm dying of thirst!

Wook: If you insist...

YH: AHHHHHH!! You poisoned the tea!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

Wook: It's the poisoned teacup you meant for me, you two-faced witch! I've been carrying it around waiting for you to show up!!!

YH: Y..y..ou...w..i..ll...be....qu...ee..n...ov..er....my...d..ea..d  b..o..d..y... AHHHHHHHH.

OMG...i just LOVE THIS!!!! thank u soooooooooooooooo much..for including YH..

Wish something like this happened in this drama..

• Like 11

10 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I've only really seen Ep. 18 the one time. I will get to it again when we sub it at DSS and then I'll review my thoughts on the episode.

I don't think I said that she was leaving the palace to protect him per se but what I said that if she can't handle staying in the palace any longer, she should leave so that he can get on with what he needs to do so that she doesn't get in the way. That wasn't anything she said specifically but what I think she should do for both their sakes. I can see why you interpreted it the way you did but I don't think I quite meant it in the way you put it.

I also said that she was trying to protect his humanity but I didn't relate that specifically to her leaving the palace. I said that more in relation to how she was trying to help Jeong and the "dearly" departed Queen Yu. She didn't want him turning into a monster-tyrant because of her (among other things) which is why she tried to help Jeong see his mother in her final moments.

My take on the CR episode is that it was the straw the broke the camel's back. I don't think her decision to leave was based entirely on CR getting killed but more that it was the last straw. But it wasn't just CR getting killed, it was also the fact that she was part of a larger conspiracy directed by Uk to undermine the throne and undermine the relationship between Su and So.

But if you can provide me with an exact quote, that would help. :)

@40somethingahjumma Thank you for replying, and I very much look forward to reading your upcoming review of E18, whenever it's ready. :)

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your exact stance re: Soo's decision to leave the Palace. I went back and checked, and it seems the misunderstanding likely arose (on my part) because I conflated your statements with those of another poster @vwj1 with whom you seemed to agree particularly ("Excellent post friend"). And oh, it was actually vwj1 who expressly wrote:

Soo has a good heart and the best of intentions but that girl will get my King killed.  Undermining him like this will show the Ministers So's weakness.  ...  I believe when she was standing at Damiwon, she came to a realization of what she finally have to do. When she finally decided on leaving, she finally understood what her leaving will mean.  She will not be used as a tool anymore against her beloved King.  So [drank poison] because of her.  He had to leave the palace to be ambassador because of her. He had to be Yo's dog because of her. He had to kill Eun partially because of her.  He finally decided on being King also partially because of her.  Now she feels responsible that her beloved King had to kill again due in part to her. She will not be used again against her man.

And I'd love for Soo's thinking to have gone along those lines (highlighted above), but unfortunately I think it's too much of a stretch--not supported by the actual writing/events previously depicted in the drama. I think Soo's decision to leave in that moment is completely selfish, because she can't take life in the Palace anymore. She doesn't seem to be thinking about So at all--not about her solemn promise to stay by his side, nor about how he'd feel about her departure and whether maybe he'd let her go simply because she wants to and without it requiring Jung's unwelcome interference. Sigh.

Anyway, you replied, (to vwj1) I think:

I would also add that Su sees the human face of things in all these situations... the individual people, the relationships which is fine when things go your way. But when the world out there is out to get you, one has to look at the big picture and pick the battles one has to fight, "Is this a battle worth dying for?" This is why I think this drama is realistic and the fact that these two can't be together long-term without destroying each other is also... sadly... very realistic.

I don't know if I understand the point you are trying to make in relation to the events in E18?... Is Soo giving up the battle, giving up on So?... I'd love to read your follow-up thoughts on these issues (and any other), both from you, @40somethingahjumma, and @vwj1:)

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Wow monday may not have episode 19? Part of me is sad but selfish part of me hopes 1st nov is not finale? Because i have a big presentation and launch on 2nd nov! I dont know how am i gonna handle the emotions after the drama ends and the next day is ab important day in my career.

Oh no.. I'm not sure either my dear but that's what's going on before.. HAHHA don't worry I think the same way but I'm just making sure since I wanted to watch it at home leisurely at my hearts content. :wub: more like I'm making sure that I won't file the wrong day :lol: OMG real life caught you big time :sweatingbullets:

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Adnana said:

@40somethingahjumma Thank you for replying, and I very much look forward to reading your upcoming review of E18, whenever it's ready. :)

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your exact stance re: Soo's decision to leave the Palace. I went back and checked, and it seems the misunderstanding likely arose (on my part) because I conflated your statements with those of another poster @vwj1 with whom you seemed to agree particularly ("Excellent post friend"). And oh, it was actually vwj1 who expressly wrote:

And I'd love for Soo's thinking to have gone along those lines (highlighted above), but unfortunately I think it's too much of a stretch--not supported by the actual writing/events previously depicted in the drama. I think Soo's decision to leave in that moment is completely selfish, because she can't take life in the Palace anymore. She doesn't seem to be thinking about So at all--not about her solemn promise to stay by his side, nor about how he'd feel about her departure and whether maybe he'd let her go simply because she wants to and without it requiring Jung's unwelcome interference. Sigh.

Anyway, you replied, (to vwj1) I think:

I don't know if I understand the point you are trying to make in relation to the events in E18?... Is Soo giving up the battle, giving up on So?... I'd love to read your follow-up thoughts on these issues (and any other), both from you, @40somethingahjumma, and @vwj1:)

@Adnana Well it is just my opinion as was stated not really backed by anything. But if I had to support the reason I listed for her leaving the palace,  I would say simply because Soo is Soo.  She's loyal, unselfish, and does things not to benefit herself but to benefit others.  She has been used as a tool by many because of these personality traits of hers and is still being used to manipulate So because like 40somethingahjumma has stated, because Soo is Soo, this is what draws so many people to love her. It is also very likely she leaves the palace because she's can't handle the palace politics as you stated. However knowing Soo the way the drama has portrayed her, that can't be the only reason nor even the biggest reason.  This girl is gentle and loyal to a fault.  Even when she was threatened not to intervene or help, she does anyways regardless of what happens to her. She has her reasons and I'm sure we will all find out (I hope) soon. 

Love the discussions! 

• Like 11

'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo' star Lee Joon-Gi confirms Japan, Taiwan fan meeting

• Spoiler

South Korean actor Lee Joon-Gi plays the lead character of 4th Prince Wang So in SBS's 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.'

Spoiler

South Korean actor Lee Joon-Gi plays the lead character of 4th Prince Wang So in SBS's 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.' (Photo : YouTube/KAYA Channel)

Fans plea to see Lee Joon-Gi in person does not fall on deaf ears. The 34-year-old actor, who plays 4th prince Wang So in SBS' "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo," will finally meet his fans all across Asia.

The good news came to light when a representative from Lee's agency Namoo Actors spilled the beans to The Kpop Herald on Oct. 26, Wednesday. The Hallyu star is poised to commence the first leg of his meet-and-greet event in Seoul, South Korea starting Dec. 03 with confirmed stops in Japan and Taiwan, respectively.

Like Us on Facebook

However, the representative did not reveal the dates for Lee's fan meeting in Japan and Taiwan yet, as  they are currently negotiating the final tour schedule for other countries

They will update fans as soon as everything is confirmed.

The fan meeting event is intended to thank the fans at home and abroad for the huge amount of love and support Lee has received. The representative stated that the fan base of the "Scholar Who Walks the Night" actor has grown across all age groups.

"The fan support that Lee Joon-gi receives from domestic and foreign fans is incredible," the representative said. "He even has a strong male fan base. He wishes to thank everyone for supporting him and he is extremely grateful."

It came after it was revealed that Lee will hold a mini event for the SBS drama on Nov. 01 aT the Lotte World Tower Mall's Superplex G theater, Drama Fever has learned. Dubbed "My Love Lee Joon-Gi," the event will allow fans to watch the show's final episode with the Hallyu star.

Spoiler

Spoiler

THEY ARE SO LUCKY..
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, Ainee Etp said:

Is better not to think about the 5 children because that is history, but not neccesary this story. :sweatingbullets: The writer has changed some historical things like prince order and creating a fictional character that married Wook (Lady Hae). Other of our princes also married half sisters and nieces and had babies if I am not mistaken. I think @ruizaio said that Wook was a supporter of Wang So, not an enemy. So, history is not followed at 100%. I think the writer can't avoid Wang So marrying YeonHwa because there has been dramas where they are king and queen? That's what I think.   

• Like 21