[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 minutes ago, makdara said:

What is mean by king woman....she become his concubine...

Meaning that she's his woman like after sleeping together she belongs to him, like husband and wife - don't forget that HS due to her low status - WS might not able to make him his wife or concubine (they are gonna try to make it a loophole like BBJX where 

Spoiler

ruoxi was known to be 4th's woman but doesn't have  status. She is able to enter his chamber not like the other wives. They make it like that cause her character is not written in history and that she's able to leave the palace later when she wanted to leave due to getting tired of the palace

• Like 17

Jona uploaded this in her blog and I thought this was absolutely fun to read so I thought I'd share it. Something to tide us over until tomorrow night:

http://overthinkingkdrama.tumblr.com/post/151948006187/whos-best-in-bed-princes-of-goryeo-edition

Who's Best in Bed: Goryeo Edition?

Spoiler

Who's Best in Bed: Goryeo Edition

I am a woman of my word! I said I’d post it if the baseball game cancelled our episode, and here it is. I know you’re all just as devastated as I am, and I’m willing to sacrifice my own innocence–don’t look at me like that, I’m pure as the driven snow–in order to make you guys smile.

Special thanks to @agaggleoffandoms for helping me come up with the list. You are a true heroine. Please don’t hold my ship bias against me. This isn’t intended to reflect on any of the actors, just the characters. This list is intended to be totally subjective based on my own preferences. Feel free to give me your own ratings in the replies because I find this really funny.

So, without further ado here is my “princely sexual prowess head canon” ordered best to worst:

1. The 13th Prince, Wang Baek Ah

Originally posted by loveholic198

Baek Ah is easily the most experienced, the most affectionate, the most attentive and the least selfish lover of the bunch. The only people who come to his house are musicians and women, and neither leave unsatisfied. Sure, he might be a player, but he can also meet your needs on a emotional/intellectual level. Woo Hee is a very lucky girl. A+

2. The 4th Prince, Wang So

Originally posted by momokobel

So hasn’t had much experience with gentleness or intimacy, but moves and carries himself like a natural. More than a little frightening until you get to know him, once you make it past his defenses he is the epitome of passionate, unstudied sensuality. A powerful physical presence, So would make you feel absolutely safe and secure in his arms. Plus he’s been carrying a sword since a young age, so his hands would have all kinds of interesting calluses. He’s led an affectionless and touch-starved existence, he wouldn’t take just anyone to bed, but to that special person he would be so very tender, tactile and vulnerable.

3. The 14th Prince, Wang Jung

Originally posted by irrational-obsessions-gottcha78

Jung just wants the chance to adore you and make you smile. You’d have to give him a lot of direction–where to touch you, how to touch you–but he would like the way you order him around. He’s very eager to please. What he lacks in finesse he makes up for in unflagging enthusiasm. He might not know exactly what he’s doing, but he would be more than happy to keep going at it until he figured it out.

4. The Crown Prince, Wang Moo

Originally posted by kdramagif

Moo is a simple, good-hearted kind of guy, and those traits would carry over into the bedroom. He would be interested in your pleasure, but maybe not entirely sure how to achieve it. But he is the oldest of the princes and has picked up a trick or two along the way. And he grew of up on battlefields, so at least stamina wouldn’t be a problem.

If you had to describe Moo’s abilities in two words those would be: unimaginative but vigorous.

5. The 10th Prince, Wang Eun

Originally posted by irrational-obsessions-gottcha78

Eun lands himself in the lower middle of the list because he would probably tend to be a little selfish and a little lazy. But Eun would definitely be the most sexually adventurous among the princes, willing to try new things. Down for costumes, role play, new positions, interesting locales. Not terribly intuitive or attentive, but he’s still a playful, fumbling little puppy and he means well.

6. The 3rd Prince, Wang Yo

Originally posted by idleminds

Yo seems like the kind of guy who would think way too highly of himself to be completely horrible in bed, but everything he has going for him would be about his own narcissistic pride and not your pleasure. Definitely not as good as thinks he is but that won’t stop him from constantly bragging about his exploits.

7. The 8th Prince, Wang Wook

Originally posted by seoul-leaf

Taking for granted that we’re talking about “attentive boyfriend Wook” and not “Darth Wook Lord of the Sith”, I have a hard time imagining that he would bring a lot to the table sexually speaking. He was married to Myung Hee for years and clearly he wasn’t exactly blowing her hair back. I have no reason to think he would be any more passionate with anyone else. No, Wook is the kind of guy who would hold your hand for hours and compose poetry about you, but after dark, between the sheets, he’s useless. He wouldn’t know how to make you come, wouldn’t try very hard, wouldn’t lose sleep about it. We’re talking 10 minutes of no frills missionary, twice a month until you both die of old age (or boredom).

8. The 9th Prince, Wang Won

Quoted as saying that all women are the same after the lights are off, Won is the bottom of the barrel. 100% selfish 100% of the time, there is nothing good to say about him. Like taking a dead snake to bed. Just terrible.

All credits to http://overthinkingkdrama.tumblr.com/post/151948006187/whos-best-in-bed-princes-of-goryeo-edition

• Like 19

this pic gives off so much feels. Plus Joon Ki oppa liked and commented.

CvAIHo6VMAAtC7j.jpg

Funniest Twitter reactions to Scarlet Heart: Ryeo's episode 16 delay

ad2b0050-d82b-432c-b09d-c3d95a797378.png

We were all eagerly looking forward to  Scarlet Heart: Ryeo's episode 16 hitting DramaFever today. But due to an extended game, the channel had to delay in releasing the episode, and as a subsequent reaction, we had to delay in releasing the episode to you. While we were expecting a few broke hearts (ours included), we definitely weren't expecting an outpouring of hilariously sad tweets! Here's a roundup of a few of our favorites:

The tweet that started it all!

Spoiler

8eea627f-85c9-4d91-a089-6cf11270a3f6.png

OMO!! All that angst.....
58950fca-bbfb-452b-a0f6-3f00beeb517a.png

If all else fails....there's always Elsa to the rescue....

0e31d476-ad97-42ab-9abb-f6cb00e69015.png

Or Steven Colbert.....

269073ae-3881-442e-840c-c6000b480106.png

And when you unconsciously end up initiating group therapy on Twitter! 

cbb82b92-d561-4bb8-9e4e-7a82c9385ef1.png

And lastly this little gem....who really just wants to watch her oppas! 

5bfcece5-2adc-4053-9875-d2797b1caa9f.png

Always keep it funny, Twitter! We love you <3

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/10-of-the-funniest-twitter-reactions-to-scarlet-heart-ryeos-episode-16-delay/

• Like 20

Something just hit me... If we will see WS ascending the throne in ep.17, does that mean 3 episodes of torture and suffering for HS (and us)? (nooooos...!) Or maybe 2 episodes of suffering and 1 of lovey-dovey in modern times? (I can dream, can't I?)

When will the next eclipse happen? Somehow I feel that the ending will be quite different from C-version. The focus of Ryeo is more on WS instead of HS, so I really wonder how the writer is going to handle the ending. I'm so torn, because I can't really accept WS transporting to the future, because he is supposed to still be alive till old to rule the kingdom. If he were to transport at the same age, there will be no KG in history. But if he were to reincarnate, then he may not have their full memories. I really should stop guessing the ending...

It's amazing how this writer is able to weave all the various important elements/scenes from the novel/C-version into Ryeo but in a truly different way. *applause*

• Like 21

1 hour ago, briseis said:

I really didn't want to write anything about episode 16 today but seeing so many people bashing and misunderstanding WS and his motives during the break-up scene changed my mind. (BEWARE, the post is full of spoilers!)

Wearing a Mask Again

For the nation and the royal family the king must be willing to throw everyone away… Then, who will you throw away? First I want to see that.” - The Grand General

Hide contents

tumblr_of7lkhsfh31s8t96qo1_400.pngtumblr_of7lkhsfh31s8t96qo7_400.png

What’s the most heartwrenching during their break-up is that in the end Wang Soo IS NOT breaking up with HS because she didn’t trust him BECAUSE HE HAS FORGIVEN HER just like he forgave her so many times before, or what’s even more likelier, he barely blamed her because he already knew about that letter she wrote (unfortunately, he didn’t look at it so he doesn’t know she has adopted his writing style). HE IS TRULY LYING TO HER BECAUSE HE IS PUSHING HER AWAY, using her distrust as his reason to break up with her. And for that purpose, he put on a mask, albeit it’s the first time he’s wearing a figurative one. Eun’s death made So realize how utterly powerless he is and unless he becomes the king and gains the ultimate power he will always watch helplessly as someone more powerful hurts the people he loves and cares about. WS knows that Soo is his greatest weakness, so he needs to push her away so PEOPLE WOULD THINK HE DOESN’T CARE ABOUT HER. It’s truly similar to their break-up after his marriage to Moo’s niece. On both instances he is doing it to protect someone, including HS. The second reason why he is pushing her away is the same as with the marriage - if he becomes a king, he won’t be able to make her his queen, he won’t be able to leave the palace with her and be free, so if he can’t live free with her HE IS SETTING HER FREE NOW, BECAUSE ONCE AGAIN HE BROKE HIS PROMISE TO HER. 

tumblr_of7lkhsfh31s8t96qo3_400.pngtumblr_of7lkhsfh31s8t96qo10_400.png

“I trusted you. I know it took me some time, but I truly trusted you. Enough that I would trust you in any situation. I realized how much I liked you.” 

This is not the face of a man who is angry and disappointed, THIS IS A MAN WHO HAS A TIGHT LEASH ON HIS EMOTIONS, WHEN DID WS HAD EVER A TIGHT LEASH ON HIS EMOTIONS?! That’s why even HS can tell he is lying BECAUSE HE NEVER, EVER BEHAVED LIKE THIS - HE IS COLD AND CRUEL AND HER WOLF PRINCE WAS NEVER COLD AND CRUEL TO HER. And when she calls him out on his lie, he DELIVERS TO HER THE ULTIMATE BLOW, THE ULTIMATE LIE - reminding her of THEIR PROMISE NEVER TO LIE TO EACH OTHER. And LJG is epic because in the deep, dark pools of his eyes you can see how much it COSTS WS TO KEEP UP THE PRETENSE after SOO FINALLY TOLD HIM EVERYTHING HE EVER WANTED TO HEAR FROM HER AND GIVING HIM EVERYTHING - HER UNCONDITIONAL TRUST, LOVE AND ACCEPTANCE!

tumblr_of7lkhsfh31s8t96qo6_400.pngtumblr_of7lkhsfh31s8t96qo5_400.png

When I look at you I can only remember what happened because of the lack of trust you had in me. Eun died because of you. I will remember how I had to kill him. In order to save you, I became the king’s dog and my feelings for you remained unchanged. Now they have changed.” - WS (EP16)

“Even if the person I want to avoid most is you, Your Highness? When I meet you, I recall everything I want to forget.” - HS (EP12)

They are so married that THEY EVEN HURT EACH OTHER THE SAME WAY, WITH THE MOST BRUTAL LIES! This is a throwback to the time HS tried to push So away after he came back to her from Later Jin. So has always quoted her and NOW HE QUOTES EVEN HER HURTFUL WORDS!

tumblr_of7lkhsfh31s8t96qo4_400.pngtumblr_of7lkhsfh31s8t96qo2_400.png

THAT’S WHY HE LITERALLY PHYSICALLY COLLAPSES IN THE ASTRONOMICAL TOWER (even their reactions are SO SIMILAR, MY DOOMED BABIES!) - in that moment HE TAKES OFF THE MASK HE PUT ON IN FRONT OF SOO, SO HE COULD SAVE HER FROM EVERYONE, INCLUDING HIMSELF. IT’S LIKE A MORTAL BLOW TO HIM- it took him all his willpower to hurt her and now HE COMPLETELY BREAKS DOWN BECAUSE HE THINKS HE TRULY LOST HER FOREVER.

tumblr_of7lkhsfh31s8t96qo8_540.png

Spoiler

Very well said. I think LJG's acting is superb enough (like always) that we can tell exactly what's his motive for breaking with Soo. So is always like an open book thanks to LJG's acting. Even if he put his mask very well to others, he couldn't lie to Soo, and that's why Soo waited for So because she never believed his lie, which is very similar with how So never believed her lie and still proposed to her to take her out of the palace on eps 12. When he got shot by that (cupid) arrow, the first thing he did was looking at her, realizing that it had to be because she was near him that Yo made her a target. That realization only made him tried harder to push her away because he realized that she would never be safe when she was around him.

The only way to save a weakness is by making everyone believe that weakness isn't his weakness anymore, and that's what he was trying to do for those 3 years. He tried his best to stay away from her, but the first place he visited when he got back was that lake side, the place where so many of their memories were created. And he even got on his knees for the 2nd time for her!! When he saw her at the lake side, he was out of his mask for a moment and you can see how vulnerable he was. He loved her so much that those parting words tore him as much as they tore her.

It's ironic though that when he reminded her about their promise not to lie to each other, he was indeed lying himself. Not enough with breaking the promises of marrying her and taking her out of the palace, now he had to break his promise to not lie to each other. And he had to blame her for breaking the promise he knew very well he was breaking himself, in order to save her. No wonder poor boy physically collapsed when he was alone. It was all too much for him.

• Like 19

Avoid spoiler and open link for delayed ep, i am afraid if SBS will shut this forum down.

"this forum is dark and full of spoiler"

we finally reach over 1300 pages in this forum. We may reach 1500, and i hope SBS has no power to take this forum (bcoz of spoiler).

i love spoiler, but in MLSHR i think the spoiler too sporadic. The first drama that i got so much spoilers

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Something just hit me... If we will see WS ascending the throne in ep.17, does that mean 3 episodes of torture and suffering for HS (and us)? (nooooos...!) Or maybe 2 episodes of suffering and 1 of lovey-dovey in modern times? (I can dream, can't I?)

When will the next eclipse happen? Somehow I feel that the ending will be quite different from C-version. The focus of Ryeo is more on WS instead of HS, so I really wonder how the writer is going to handle the ending. I'm so torn, because I can't really accept WS transporting to the future, because he will still be alive till old to rule the kingdom. If he were to transport at the same age, there will be no KG in history. But if he were to reincarnate, then he may not have their full memories. I really should stop guessing the ending...

It's amazing how this writer is able to weave all the various important elements/scenes from the novel/C-version into Ryeo but in a truly different way. *applause*

What i'm thinking is that probably episode 17 WS ascend the throne near the end so 18 is when he fully is the king and probably the writers will give us some lovely dovey stuff and by 19 and 20 we are slam with angst, depression, tears, lies, deaths, separations, etc that will make us scream and throw something at the computer screen or tv screen. and when HS returns to modern day, like what Ruoxi did, she looked up history and read on to what happen to the rest of the people in the past and tears up.

Then she probably will bump into modern day WS when she's at the museum of history looking at things she remember she saw when she was there. Probably they might use the tactic from the drama rooftop prince in which though he came from past to the future, his descendant still ends up with the main girl and she knows its him cause she can feel like something like that 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, millie10468 said:

Wait, I'm confused

Hide contents

Was I wrong in understanding that Soo is not the only reason So wants to be King? He said that if he has to kill people because of a seat,  then he'll become the owner of the seat and put an end to the killing. I really don't think he was thinking much about Soo at that point.

Also, when General Park reminded him about Taejo saying that the person who wanted to be King had to throw away people, that's when he went and broke up with Soo. Partly because he was mad at her, partly because he wanted to protect her, and partly because he wanted to solidify his determination to be King in a "See, I've sent the woman I love away" sort of way.

Also, Soo is back in my good books...kinda

Reveal hidden contents

What So said when he was breaking up with her was brutal. Like I legit cringed for her, thinking about how she'd been hurt so badly before.

Therefore, the fact that her feelings for him over the three years never wavered and even became stronger, and the lengths she was willing to go to go look after him made me semi-forgive her for all the richard simmons she's put both So and us through. Semi because she STILL HASN'T SAID A WORD ABOUT WOOK. Dammit Soo.

I also really felt for So this episode. I mean, here he has the love of his life saying all the things he's ever wanted her to say (that even though it took her some time, she trusts him. She likes him) and he has to be able to tell her that his feelings have changed when they damn sure haven't. AND THEN HE LIES TO HER when she says he's lying (About his feelings having changed) even though they both promised not to lie to each other!!

It just occurred to me that they finally really actually got together after SEVEN YEARS. So had to wait 4 years for her, and then Soo had to wait 3 years for him. Talk about a long courtship. They should have had 1 five year old and one 2 year old kid by now.

This episode. I'm done.

I agree with you 

Spoiler

The way he answered her question about wanting the throne gave me hints that So will change. He is becoming , as weird as it might seem, as ambitious as Wook. He wants the throne to gain power and to stop the nonsense going on on Goryeo , His reasons are legit and rational but they have nothing to do with HS. At least I can say she is not his number one priority right now. He is behaving exactly the same way Wook did back in the days. He is not willing to give up the throne for HS and he was clear to her that he won't do it . Instead he is going to convince her to accept his decision. HS was shocked to hear the answer, because she thought all what he wanted was only her. I automatically remembered Wook's words to her in the preview of episode 17 . Actually he wasn't all wrong. She is accepting WS's decision, he is now king and he have her, too,  but  she broke up with him for being greedy to want her and the throne at the same time. I know that WS is not hiding anything from HS and did not made vain promises , as Wook did to her.  Even thought , there is a big difference this time. HS can not go against WS and break up with him as she did with WW.  Because something in HS this time has changed. HS  realized that she is deeply in love with WS and she is putting all her trust in him. After being apart from each other,  she saw how important is WS for her. She is the one that was waiting, taking risks to meet up with WS and confirming their love didn't end yet. I can say, that after  being apart for 3 years , the roles changed.  HS is the one that can not handle losing WS from her life. WS is still in love with her but not the same as he was before. Having to kill his brother, the bad reputation he is gaining as a "king's dog" , all the abuse that WY made him go through, changed him. WS is no longer ready to go through that kind of richard simmons anymore. He made up his mind to be the one who has the upper hand AND  not allow anyone to mistreat him nor the people he loves anymore. His thirst for power is now big. After coming back from his mission, WS has changed.  He is not the same as before. His determination and will to get throne are as big as his love for HS. Back in the days his love was bigger than the desire to get the throe. This is foreshadowing how the nature of their relationship between HS and WS will also change even more after WS getting the throne. Seeing him in the preview of episode 17 made me feel uncomfortable and now after hearing their last words on episode 16 , I can see HS and WS won't get along in the future. He will make her cry and will lose her in the process of strengthening his kingdom and gaining more power. The power of the throne will overtake the power of his love for HS. 

I don't know how many times did I use the word " he changed" - But I hope I make my point of view a little bit clear and I hope I am wrong about him :mellow:

• Like 14

2 hours ago, mewtwo said:
  Hide contents

Jung is the only 1 who I can't justify his actions, I can understand Wang Yo, Wang Wook, YH, queen Yo & even Won but Jung... I just can't with that spoiled idiot brat, I still haven't seen ep 16 yet so I don't know how could Jung misunderstand So but he have a talent at blaming everything on So...I don't hate Jisoo but I hate Jung, I always hate this kind of stupid characters

LMAO .... @mewtwo ..I feel the same about Jung. He is such a spoiled brat and very dumb. He saw everything, he heard everything but yet his selective hearing is very famous as he grows up. For example , THE PEOPLE GOSSIP ABOUT HOW WANG SO GOT HIS SCAR BUT HE CHOOSES NOT TO BELIEVE THAT, PEOPLE TRY TO KILL BECAUSE OF WHAT HIS MOMMY DID TO THEIR FAMILY AND HE DOESN'T BELIEVE IT IS HIS MOTHER'S DOING FOR HIM BEING A TARGET. his borther shot the arrow that killed his brother but because he ended it so he wouldn't suffer and so he won't leave his wife alone in the 'underworld" he wants to killl Wang SO. Another thing HS says they are friends, he decides to neither of the people he keeps company is trutst worthy because So is  a murderer and Baek Ah's lover is a gisaeng. 

• Like 12

On a more superficial level, I didn't and won't watch the rest until it's over and I know how it ends (can't handle more heartbreaks), but looking at the spoiler pictures that you guys post, (and as someone on this forum also observed before) I think WS should have just left his hair down as a king (I think in some chinese drama, because there were probably no strict rules to observer at that time, the king still has his hair down sometimes when he was meeting his subjects, like in bao gong). He looks too delicate and clean with his hair up, and doesn't exude that power or wildness anymore, like he is no longer the WS we know...sigh...(I hope he won't change and break our poor HS's heart)

• Like 8

@TeBe Don't worry, you were totally coherent :)

Spoiler

I find it ironic that Soo's one failure to trust So will likely have repercussions she never even dreamed about. Had she trusted him, he wouldn't have had to kill Eun, and he wouldn't have yet gotten fed up of being a dog, he wouldn't have broken up with her, he wouldn't have determined to become King, he wouldn't have become a person who valued the throne as much as he loved her.

That one moment was the culmination of Soo's whole purpose in the past.

To say Soo caused/will cause her own misery is not an exaggeration. She very likely did. So helped/will help, of course.

• Like 13

So

Spoiler

, beyond the obvious

My realization is kind of reconfirmed today..

No matter what I can not come to hate Wook , given the fact I never really warmed up to him..

People are quick to forgive HS for her actions and goofups but calling Wook evil goes beyond my comprehension.

Today when he stopped Jung from reacting (when 3rd was twisting HS' wrist), when he felt the anger over Eun ... He is not evil..he was never evil..

Yes he needed and needs throne.. he needs it because he knows power alone can let his family have a peaceful life. Yes HS is not most important for me.. which is fine.. he has responsibilities, others also have families to think about.. So doesn't have any so can afford to put hS as first ( and frankly she hasn't done anything to deserve to be 1st on anyone's list)...

He is a strategist.. but not evil.. infact i am surprised that he still likes HS. I don't know..give him a break.. he was the only one who was accomodating of WS..until HS told him to be wary of him.. until WS started making moves on his woman..

He has lost enough and at expense of being misunderstood by all... Mom hates him for being a traitor, YH totally used him to meet her means, HS holds him responsible for a lot of things (and completely ignores her role in making it happen), brothers have lost faith in him who once was the most tolerant of all..

He doesn't have a mother, no more a sister, no brothers to rely on ( jung is probably the only one who still listens to him)...

What is or was so wrong in fighting for the throne ( correct, how he did it was wrong..but unfortunately that was driven purely because of HS's coaxing him to go against WS)

Edited by LyraYoo
Spoiler
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, kdramawriter said:

Please do not post unlicensed streaming site

EDITED PLEASE DONT POST UNLICENSED STREAMIG SITE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I

Spoiler

thought I will be fine watching Eun died. I didn't expressed that I want to avoid watching this episode because of that scene and I know perfectly well that this is just a drama and that scene is necessary for the plot. But how come I cry a river watching that scene? I literally cried painfully for quite a while watching that scene. Much more than Hae Soo's, Jung's, Wang So's, and General's tears combined.

Huff! What is this, really, have I grown compassion on Eun over all of the previous scenes I watched him? Have I grown attached on all the characters in this drama as if they are real people? While I was crying, I was thinking that Eun and his wife didn't deserve this kind of death. Why do people kill other people? I wish that they will just happy living with each other like few earlier episodes of this drama. I hope I won't get to see another death. Owh, it's painful. I guess I'm still a sensitive person after all.

Edited by LyraYoo
  • Like 8

Spoiler

ugh watching that scene where Hae Su is remember how Eun was in her life (the flashback montage) just made me realize there's going to be the same scene for Wang So when he realizes that Hae Su dies still in love with him. I forget who it was that brought up the box that's going to be filled with his hairpin, arrow, and the letter she left for him but he's going to remember EVERYTHANG from the beginning (including the horsey meet-cute) and I will be DEAD. *sniff sniff*

• Like 14