[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I'm both happy and sad about this show. I'm really enjoying the writing direction of the show and I'm fully onboard. I do have some speculations on what's gonna happen in 17-20 now and it's breaking my heart to write it: 

Spoiler

whoa, show. I’m impressed. I thought it was just going to be straight up romance, but this show is deeper than that. It occurred to me that Hae Su and Wang So’s love right before the Crown Prince’s death and Eun’s death was a pure, uncomplicated love—the kind of love we hear love songs written about. Wang So’s feelings for Hae Su surpassed anything else in his life, it was the only thing that mattered to him, but in Episode 16, we can see that things are changing. Because he had to kill Eun, and Hae Su was involved however indirectly in his death, his feelings for her are no longer as simple as the pure love that it once was. Don’t get me wrong, I still think that he’s in love with her, but there’s many many more complicating emotions in the way. In a sense, he's maturing. He's dealing with real richard simmons grown-man richard simmons. He had to kill a beloved brother, he had to bow down to Wang Yo, he’s been sent away from the Palace where he has time to think about the broader implications of his actions. And unfortunately, this is where Hae Su’s downfall begins. She’s always been the kind of person who has said that she will stay the same if the other person stays the same, which we’ve already seen has not worked out for her in the past. Even if the core nature of a person does not change, the are many actions and decisions that will make a different person at the end. And that’s what’s happening to Wang So. He’s realizing that as a leader, he can make a real impact on people that he cares about and that might NOT be less important than his love for Hae Su. He’s no longer the love-struck teenager who would die for his lover, but rather someone who begins to have the vision for his destiny. I mean, that’s a hard call to turn down, the call to destiny to become who you were meant to become. And as awful as it is, I think because Hae Su cannot match him in his actions, because she cannot survive in the palace with him, they have to part. And it will be horrible because their love has NOT run its course, but its feasibility has. 

I’m really impressed by how the writer has shown us how transformative Hae Su’s love has been for Wang So, it has allowed him to step into his destiny, but also WHY it will not survive the palace. Unless Hae Su becomes bitter and strategic like Yeon Hwa, I don’t see her really making it in that world. Is it tragic? Absolutely, because whenever these two will love each other until the end, but their relationship will not. 

• Like 18

27 minutes ago, kathylim82 said:

Watched the leaked episode. *couldn't help myself* think the picture is the scene where HS went to WS when he was shot. He was lying on his stomach then.

Spoiler

No no not that picture..

there is another gif.. where she is on bed wearing the same white dress ( minus the blue part) as she is wearing in the episode when lying in the bed after candle blown scene..

So the gif i am talking about shows LJK taking off his black gown and she getting all shy and apprehensive in her white

Please add spoilers under a spoiler tag...

Edited by lupita311
  • Like 5

@enigmatic_zephy I agree with you 100%. Despite what we all would like to hold onto, HS is the one who changed Wook. And everything is comes back to her. 

Yes, maybe Wook had always wanted to become king but I don't think he would have taken such extreme measures. We have to remember that Wook has a loving family, and fears for their happiness and safety, hence his desire for the throne. Then the woman he loves tells him "they will all die" if he tries to stop WS. The fear in her eyes while telling this also, how could he not have reacted?

Also, I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I don't believe HS loved Wook wholeheartedly, before they had even broken up she had started having feelings for WS. This is evident in the scene before the rain ritual when WS held her and told her he would "never let her go." He attempted to kiss her and she didn't even turn away then after he left she held on to the bracelet Wook gave her as if trying to hold onto the feelings she had for him. 

Everything change after she had her vision obviously. And then because she's inherently a loyal person she wouldn't have been able to leave Wook until he gave her a reason to. 

Truth is Wook was insecure about WS because he could tell WS affected her. You can see this in the scene when he went to visit her in prision, held her hand but then the look in her eyes when she asked about WS caused him to let go. He was determine to kill WS, the person she told him would take everything. 

I love HS and WS as a couple. But I can't forgive HS, she should have listened to Ji-mong. And her still keeping her relationship with Wook from WS is just crazy. And I do believe she made a conscious decision to do so.

Truth is I pity every one in this drama except Won, even Yo and CR. 

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, tamciakpo said:

Can anyone tell me what they think of this scene in 16?

Hide contents

WS pushed away HS's hand upon seeing Jimong. And telling HS he wants to be the king to protect the country. Is he placing HS as secondary now?:huh: Seemed like a basis to explain why he will marry YH to achieve his target?

Yeah it's not looking too good...

Spoiler

I think it is some kind of foreshadowing that he will have to bury his feelings for HS if he wants to become King. I don't like that he went from someone who openly showed his love to becoming someone who would hide how he feels like that. I think this will spell out more heartbreak for our couple :(

• Like 8

Spoiler

Okay so I am caught up, 

we have a scene where there is a temporary break up between HS-WS. This is because WS feels betrayed by WS as well as because in order for him to become King he has to throw away the ones his loved.

in the mean time, Yo grows more paranoid about his throne and thinks that HS is a threat to him. 

Hence the arrow shooting, and so during that time when WS is recuperating, HS goes to see him and they renew their :heart:

Am I right about the supposed sequence of events? 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, tamciakpo said:

Can anyone tell me what they think of this scene in 16?

Hide contents

WS pushed away HS's hand upon seeing Jimong. And telling HS he wants to be the king to protect the country. Is he placing HS as secondary now?:huh: Seemed like a basis to explain why he will marry YH to achieve his target?

Spoiler

when So broke up with Soo he already make the throne his target and did't want Soo get hurt when he try to get it.. and now that Soo already belong to him both throne and Soo is something that he want.. there is no way he would give up either one.. about JM he just flustered about him finding out like that..

one thing for sure So never put Soo in secondary now that they together..

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

No no not that picture..

there is another gif.. where she is on bed wearing the same white dress ( minus the blue part) as she is wearing in the episode when lying in the bed after candle blown scene..

So the gif i am talking about shows LJK taking off his black gown and she getting all shy and apprehensive in her white

Nope... That scene isn't shown! Probably in SBS.

There was also another missing scene: WS feeding her. I saw a picture but its missing in international version.

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, moon_nebula said:

Yeah it's not looking too good...

Hide contents

I think it is some kind of foreshadowing that he will have to bury his feelings for HS if he wants to become King. I don't like that he went from someone who openly showed his love to becoming someone who would hide how he feels like that. I think this will spell out more heartbreak for our couple :(

Spoiler

But according to Episode 17's preview, he's not exactly hiding his feelings for her once he becomes King. he's all but made her unofficial queen. Methinks that more than him hiding his feelings, he's about to become more openly possessive about her, unfortunately.

• Like 14

Hum...sorry to spam you guys with this post but I'm wondering 'am I being banned from this forum thread from posting'? My last post about the link to ep 16 Chinese sub no longer working is no where to be found and don't think I delete it as I don't know how. There was no link whatsoever in the post (not even in spoiler tag) Or is it because there was no drama content in there??? @moderators @LyraYoo??? Or is it just technical glish bt posting and browsing around with my two apple hardwares? I was not bashing the forum in that post but I was saying I can't logged in and  just apologizing to those requesting chinese sub link for this episode whom I wasn't able to send the link as soompi forum was not available for me around 9:30 PST and I got busy till a couple of hrs ago. Anyhow....hopefully, this one didn't get deleted! 

I wasn't seeing things but my last post even got liked by at least 4 people before it was gone :(

I'm feeling hurt & agony like So now :P 

T4lIpHA.jpg

Spoiler

@fuyukoneko @millie10468 I'm very sure WJ knew WE could die from two arrows shot by WY but he still would not be able to let go of his closet and beloved hung Eun got final slash/ blow by So. Think about it: WS is someone he was told by his mother his whole life as evil, bloodthirsty and no familial feelings plus he was not close to him while Eun is his closet (they were together playing around & fighting even more than bake-ah who is closest with him in age). He might be thinking he could still save Eun from death by removing arrows if WS did not give Eun final blow by an iron sword (losing fatal amount of  blood) causing actual death. He was also not approve of WS's rush behavior towards HS  hadn' have good feelings towards him and unconsciously jealous of him.

LJK's great acting skills of  So's agony!!!

FWNdfr1.jpg

T4lIpHA.jpg

Edited by kyar7jizhenll
Add pics, grammar
  • Like 13

4 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:
  Hide contents

Okay so I am caught up, 

we have a scene where there is a temporary break up between HS-WS. This is because WS feels betrayed by WS as well as because in order for him to become King he has to throw away the ones his loved.

in the mean time, Yo grows more paranoid about his throne and thinks that HS is a threat to him. 

Hence the arrow shooting, and so during that time when WS is recuperating, HS goes to see him and they renew their :heart:

Am I right about the supposed sequence of events? 

Yep :) that pretty much sums it up.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

Sbs will be digging its own grave if they didn't !

I feel the same way. If SBS doesn't give 2 back to back eps tonight I'm going to go insane. If That's going to happen I'm so grateful for yoku messing up and releasing ep 16 - I know many disagree - but I think we all deserve 2 eps after such a preview!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Para12012 said:

Also, I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I don't believe HS loved Wook wholeheartedly, before they had even broken up she had started having feelings for WS. This is evident in the scene before the rain ritual when WS held her and told her he would "never let her go." He attempted to kiss her and she didn't even turn away then after he left she held on to the bracelet Wook gave her as if trying to hold onto the feelings she had for him. 

Everything change after she had her vision obviously. And then because she's inherently a loyal person she wouldn't have been able to leave Wook until he gave her a reason to. 

Truth is Wook was insecure about WS because he could tell WS affected her. You can see this in the scene when he went to visit her in prision, held her hand but then the look in her eyes when she asked about WS caused him to let go. He was determine to kill WS, the person she told him would take everything. 

I love HS and WS as a couple. But I can't forgive HS, she should have listened to Ji-mong. And her still keeping her relationship with Wook from WS is just crazy. And I do believe she made a conscious decision to do so.

Truth is I pity every one in this drama except Won, even Yo and CR. 

@bold i completely agree.. infact for the major part of her stay in goryeo.. the first 5-6 years, i find her selfish in many ways.subtle but she is...however i would not say that she loved WS..  definitely swayed by him ( she would have if BA or jung would have made the move as well) .. that was a natural reaction.. someone you respect, starts to woo you and he is extremely attractive.. its gotta have its affect

If I have to sum up in a sentence or two..

Its her vanity to think that she wishes the best for all and her holier than thou attitude ( I don't lie, I know how to love thee best, I make best decisions etc etc) get to me..

1. I can never forgive her for cheating on lady hae.. ( for god's sake you are from 21st century so you come with the same value system.. flirting with a married man.. moreover hubby of your mother figure?) -  i am not sure how can everyone absolve her of this crime.. Wook gets the flak why not she?

2. She wasn't naive that she didnt know Eun liked her.. and i can't understand for the life of me that why did she not put a stop to his feelings upfront.. ( using him as a friend??)

3. For a 25+ woman who clearly knows when a man likes her .. what was she playing at with WS.. and ofcourse don't even get me started on her judging him for evry little thing (even in ep 16. .. leave the throne for me rant)... And I can bet everything that she very well knows what Jung feels for her

4. She is delusional.. a) she is judgemental b ) has advice, preaching, lectures for all... but up until now not once have i seen her repent or realize how wrong she is and how she has affected some results ( not her stupid i am unlucky stay away from me rant) 

She has no realization of how she changed Wook, she is not sorry how she led on Eun, she is not sorry on how she is using jung, she wasn't sorry when BA told her abt Wook/lady hae (oh plz those ridiculous tears), she has no realization she killed eun single handedly, she has no realization how much she has been testing WS.. and for what?? I mean who is she to judge people and consider them below herself

8 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

There was also another missing scene: WS feeding her. I saw a picture but its missing in international version.

That's what i said in the previous epside.. that scene should come in sbs version making it explicit that they made love

• Like 9

4 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

@shae In C-drama, Ruoxi miscarried because 8th's first wife blamed her for 8th prince's actions and Ruoxi believed her, not because of CR/Yutan.

I wasn't being so specific. The question was asked of why the poisoning maid was still around. She's sticking around to be pot pie. I was pointing out we have a lot of ground to cover for 4 short episodes....So, c-drama finer point corrections needed here.

• Like 4

Spoiler

Funny scene of the day:

When Eun is being killed, 3 soldiers stop Jung..and well he is stopped clearly..

But the moment WS kills Wun.. jung pushes back all 3 in one blow.. they falls down ( and basically are in that position even when Jung, HS,a nd general park are mouring over the body)

I mean if Jung, you could push back those  three soldier.. why didn't you do that before Eun was killed. :P

Post comments about ep 16 under a spoiler tag... thanks

Edited by lupita311
  • Like 14

Guest Sleepietake2

Timing is everything... and Hae Soo is always a few days or years too late when she's making her decisions.

1) Court Lady Oh: when she proposed to take HS away from the palace, for them to retire to her home village since she was sick.  HS at the time had rejected her.  I cried my eyes out when HS finally realized her mistake, when Lady Oh took the blame for the poison, and was telling Lady Oh that she wants to leave with her then.  When HS finally comes around, its already too late.

2) In WookSoo's final scene together (relationship wise) Soo said to Wook, "You said to me before.  That we should leave Songak and leave in peace.  I can do that now."  And Wook rejects her this time, stating that another problem will arise.  When she finally realize the man she loved had changed completely, HS makes one last attempt at trying to pull him away but it failed.

3) Now with So, after the two meets with JM, Soo realizes that her 4th Prince is interested in the throne.  It's kinda silly that this came as a surprised to her and all since she "knows" the future but she was indeed shocked when she asked him if he wanted to be King.  She then proceeded to ask him, if she were to ask him to leave with her, would he, he said he would do everything he can to change her mind.  She says to him that thats not what he used to say.

It's heartbreaking to know that all the people and circumstances in HS life changed and she's always missing the chance/timing for her happily ever after because she realizes it too late.  In fact, for the 3 circumstances/people that I've listed above, it was all influenced by her.  Her actions or her inability to act or decide at the right time.  This drama would have been completely different if she had decided to just run off with WS when he proposed marriage to her!

11 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

That was a fan made gif. His disrobing was his bath scene.

• Like 10

@missluxedo “Darth Wook Lord of the Sith” made me laugh so much. But honestly, there are some parallels between Wook and Anakin Skywalker. :X they were both thought of as the epitome of noble/good despite having a rotten core.

As a sidenote, it's interesting how almost every single prince's character has been flipped around over the course of the show with the exception of perhaps Baek Ah. Although even in BA's case, it's arguable that his image of a 'playboy' hasn't held up to inspection ...

• Like 9