[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, MadraRua said:

Spoilers Ahead - Beware

Reveal hidden contents

Who'd have figured Yo would play cupid to our love-starved OTP.... blacko-emoticon-04.gif

All he's missing are the wings.....

P.s Subs are out for leaked version.... happy days image.gif

Hilarious captions! leaf11.gif

but what is wrong with this dude seriously ? Does he think, that hunting people from above with  the bow and arrow  is kind of game to him or what?

psycho ! 

don't quote images, gifs, videos

Edited by lupita311
don't quote images, gifs, videos
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

Actually they weren't rival at all. 4th wanted to live a peaceful life and not get involve in the fight for the throne. 8th aim was mostly toward the crown prince. but after Ruoxi warning about 4th thats when he change his mind and take out 4th cause he now sees 4th in a different view. From the beginning they were not rivals at all. 4th wanted just to lay low and live a calm simple life but 8th attacked him which caused 13th to take the blame for him in which then change 4th mind in wanting the throne. 

Before the scene where 8th prince frames 4th prince for something and 13th prince takes the blame for him, 4th prince tells Ruoxi he wants the throne and that's she the only the person he's ever told. (Basing this off the C-drama, I haven't read the novel. Not sure if they change sequence of events in C-drama version.)

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, TeBe said:

The scenes are beautiful, IU and LJK are doing a great job

i agree i loved their moments...the sad and the happy ones...i can't wait ep 16 sbs version and 17...Thanks GOD i was able to watch international version ...i think was delete...

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Please everyone  be considerate enough not to spoil the leak versions and preview. Kindly read the announcement posted on our header. Not everyone didnt see episode 16 raw yet.:sweatingbullets:

I am actually resisting the temptation of watching it and just patiently wait for SBS version tonight.LOL

Just wish others would read the announcement.

• Like 11

Guest nchoerunnisa

Oh my... I was so excited to download today's new episode only to stumble upon this mess :sweatingbullets:

Serves you right, SBS! 3:) (oh... where's the devil emoji when I need it)

I'm sorry for being evil, but I think they brought it up upon themselves. They should've just stick to their original schedule since it's simultaneous broadcast and considered their partners who already bought the license. Even if their partners wouldn't mind or have no say about this show air dates, they should've made up their mind earlier and didn't made decision at the last minute like this. Last week, episode 14 rating suffered because of their indecisiveness. Still, they didn't learn their lesson *sigh*. Oh well, maybe they just don't care about rating anymore (which is highly unlikely) *shrug*.

(And now I'm wondering whether Youku leaked the episode 16 on purpose ;))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, ranting aside, I just saw video of IU performing Three Inches of Heaven. With all due respect to the original singer, I must say that I like IU's version better :wub:. I've been waiting for IU to sing at least one of MLSHR OSTs since forever and I think it's gonna be awesome if she sings Korean version of this song. Oh her voice is perfect for this kind of song. I'm not IU's fan (her voice is great, but her songs are just not my kind of jam), but I still keep her Wind Flower, one of Queen Seon Deok OSTs, in my playlist. I hadn't known her back then at the first time I heard Wind Flower, but I fell in love instantly with the song and her voice (I was quite surprised that the singer was still so young, IU was like... how old was she? 16? back then).

Well, even if it's not Korean version of Three Inches of Heaven, I'm still hoping she's gonna sing at least one song for this show.

5 hours ago, trizha1 said:

Okay but...I have never loved a candle as much as I love THIS candle. That's right. Blow that flame OUT baby, because OTHER FLAMES are about to start!!!!!! :glasses::glasses:

BAHAHAHAHA :tounge_xd: THIS IS THE OPITIME OF EVERYTHING!!!

When this candle blew out, I was basically screaming like this meme

ClutteredJovialAstarte.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_of79b3y0VC1sggrgto1_1280.png

tumblr_of79b3y0VC1sggrgto2_1280.png

Oh it went down all rightt!:naughty:

• Like 13

4 hours ago, soorani said:

Maybe SBS didn't have a choice but broadcast the baseball game...? I mean they probably made a contract to have the rights to broadcast the game..?

And, while the episode can wait, the game needs to be broadcast live... I don't think they didn't broadcast MLSHR because the ratings were low and they favored the baseball game ( based on naver/search and pretty much everything else, the drama is doing pretty well there...), but because they needed to... IDK lol

Agree with you.  Well they did announce if the baseball game finished by 9.20 ML will be aired but game finished at 10.  And yes the rating is not that low and with the popularity of this drama SBS will not do that.  I was sad that ep got cancelled but ML is worth the wait. 

• Like 7

Does Hae Soo and Wang So remind anyone else of Tohru and Kyo from the manga Fruits Basket? Hae Soo and Tohru  are both very kind, caring, loyal but often times not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Wang So and Kyo both have tragic backstories, rejected and hated by their families. They are both called monsters, Kyo for more obvious reasons than Wang So. They are also both very protective/possessive of their love interest.

Other similarities that Moon Lovers and Fruits Basket share, reverse harem (many guys like or in love with the same girl) and both of their storylines  span quite a few years. As well the  family dynamics are quite similar between Moon Lovers and Fruits Basket. The Sohmas (the main family in Fruits Basket) are almost treated like royalty, they are very pretty but also very messed up.

Hopefully Moon Lovers and Fruits Basket will share one more similarity at the end: a HAPPY ENDING!

Edited by owlcat
added some thoughts
  • Like 11

17 minutes ago, briseis said:

I really didn't want to write anything about episode 16 today but seeing so many people bashing and misunderstanding WS and his motives during the break-up scene changed my mind. (BEWARE, the post is full of spoilers!)

Wearing a Mask Again

For the nation and the royal family the king must be willing to throw everyone away… Then, who will you throw away? First I want to see that.” - The Grand General

Hide contents

What’s the most heartwrenching during their break-up is that in the end Wang Soo IS NOT breaking up with HS because she didn’t trust him BECAUSE HE HAS FORGIVEN HER just like he forgave her so many times before, or what’s even more likelier, he barely blamed her because he already knew about that letter she wrote (unfortunately, he didn’t look at it so he doesn’t know she has adopted his writing style). HE IS TRULY LYING TO HER BECAUSE HE IS PUSHING HER AWAY, using her distrust as his reason to break up with her. And for that purpose, he put on a mask, albeit it’s the first time he’s wearing a figurative one. Eun’s death made So realize how utterly powerless he is and unless he becomes the king and gains the ultimate power he will always watch helplessly as someone more powerful hurts the people he loves and cares about. WS knows that Soo is his greatest weakness, so he needs to push her away so PEOPLE WOULD THINK HE DOESN’T CARE ABOUT HER. It’s truly similar to their break-up after his marriage to Moo’s niece. On both instances he is doing it to protect someone, including HS. The second reason why he is pushing her away is the same as with the marriage - if he becomes a king, he won’t be able to make her his queen, he won’t be able to leave the palace with her and be free, so if he can’t live free with her HE IS SETTING HER FREE NOW, BECAUSE ONCE AGAIN HE BROKE HIS PROMISE TO HER. 

“I trusted you. I know it took me some time, but I truly trusted you. Enough that I would trust you in any situation. I realized how much I liked you.” 

This is not the face of a man who is angry and disappointed, THIS IS A MAN WHO HAS A TIGHT LEASH ON HIS EMOTIONS, WHEN DID WS HAD EVER A TIGHT LEASH ON HIS EMOTIONS?! That’s why even HS can tell he is lying BECAUSE HE NEVER, EVER BEHAVED LIKE THIS - HE IS COLD AND CRUEL AND HER WOLF PRINCE WAS NEVER COLD AND CRUEL TO HER. And when she calls him out on his lie, he DELIVERS TO HER THE ULTIMATE BLOW, THE ULTIMATE LIE - reminding her of THEIR PROMISE NEVER TO LIE TO EACH OTHER. And LJG is epic because in the deep, dark pools of his eyes you can see how much it COSTS WS TO KEEP UP THE PRETENSE after SOO FINALLY TOLD HIM EVERYTHING HE EVER WANTED TO HEAR FROM HER AND GIVING HIM EVERYTHING - HER UNCONDITIONAL TRUST, LOVE AND ACCEPTANCE!

When I look at you I can only remember what happened because of the lack of trust you had in me. Eun died because of you. I will remember how I had to kill him. In order to save you, I became the king’s dog and my feelings for you remained unchanged. Now they have changed.” - WS (EP16)

“Even if the person I want to avoid most is you, Your Highness? When I meet you, I recall everything I want to forget.” - HS (EP12)

They are so married that THEY EVEN HURT EACH OTHER THE SAME WAY, WITH THE MOST BRUTAL LIES! This is a throwback to the time HS tried to push So away after he came back to her from Later Jin. So has always quoted her and NOW HE QUOTES EVEN HER HURTFUL WORDS!

THAT’S WHY HE LITERALLY PHYSICALLY COLLAPSES IN THE ASTRONOMICAL TOWER (even their reactions are SO SIMILAR, MY DOOMED BABIES!) - in that moment HE TAKES OFF THE MASK HE PUT ON IN FRONT OF SOO, SO HE COULD SAVE HER FROM EVERYONE, INCLUDING HIMSELF. IT’S LIKE A MORTAL BLOW TO HIM- it took him all his willpower to hurt her and now HE COMPLETELY BREAKS DOWN BECAUSE HE THINKS HE TRULY LOST HER FOREVER.

I love what you wrote here and I agree completely, I was actually waiting  for this scene since I figured WS has to ask HS if she trusted him enough or not, but to add his own struggle to stay away from her to protect her made even more heartbreaking for both of them, and I love heartbreaking scenes, what can I do, I just love to cry watching my dramas . 

P.S: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the description you gave them " My DOOMED BABIES " it fits perfectly

• Like 15

Spoiler

Who else wants to bet on Jung asking Yo for Hae Soo's hand in marriage just before uri So decides to finally step up and take the throne AND Hae Soo??:D

It seems pretty obvious now why the 14th prince isn't exactly excited that So is becoming the next king in line... As for me - although I feel for Jung - I must admit I cannot wait to see So eventually taking on the position as the ruler he was always meant to be by destiny.

I am bracing myself for terrible heart break though. I somehow can't get rid of the nagging feeling that there won't be a happily ever after in their current time... :mellow:

Edited by lupita311
  • Like 23

Ironic that the pivotal episode which sees

Spoiler

So finally eyeing the throne, 

would be the one that suffers from broadcasting fiascos, not to mention leaks due to Youku's accidental airing. In which case, I wonder if Youku would then do a repeat broadcast of Ep16 tomorrow, in order to synchronise with Korea. Whether this adversely affects the actual Korean broadcast is anyone's guess, but I am hoping it doesn't with the accidental broadcast being taken down, because it certainly is a riveting, emotional episode and deserves to be watched without being spoiled. As it is, from what I can see, it is a given that the international and SBS versions will diverge yet again.

• Like 15