[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

16 minutes ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:
They chose to trust each other, they chose to lean on each other in times of need, they chose to protect each other, and in the end they chose each other. They are my end all be all and I refuse to believe in anything else otherwise.

I agree with this sentiment but to elaborate alittle further in my opinion, they chose each other despite being predestined. I think they are caught in a perpetual 'dance' that no matter the era, they are destined to chose each other each and every time; regardless of insurmountable obstacles or how much devastation they must endure. For me, that is why Hae soo is able to slip though time, she's been here before (this may also be demonstrated by the overlapping visions. They are not premonition but memories. But I'm not so certain, just a thought.) and I do believe the drama will incorporate a reincarnation conclusion. 

Wang so and Hae soo, they are established as the sun and the moon. They only meet during an eclipse, the drama even starts with a solar eclipse! It's predetermined that they meet and inevitably part throughout the ages, just like our two tragic scar couple. Well, that's just my opinion, of course. :)

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, sharreb said:

And @KdramaSwimmer aww I can relate to you. Right now ML is the only drama I care to watch live. At the moment I couldn't immerse myself to really watch another dramadrama. For those dramas that I have some interest I ended up only reading recaps and save them to watch later. I'm also watching reality shows that have LJG or IU. Cause seeing their faces rereminds me of ML. Like you because theirs is a love slow in forming, it makes it sweeter when it comes 

Someone else I forgot who mentioned about not understanding K audiences and ratings. Again although I still chk out their ratings I've long ago given up. But I take consolation that it is so well loved and received by international audience and also younger audience in Korea (the ML SHR clips were widely watched on Naver}. This thread alone for only 9episodes have generated over 12000posts (about 1300per epi). At this rate by the finale we would hit 26000posts. In Dramabeans, evy single week ML episde recap generated the most comments. It's really most talk about, commented, deliberated upon by those who watch. People like us aft watching each episode spend time combing thru this thread share our comments, ideas, assessments, ML philosophy. Some research more on original novel, Goryeo history, pick up clues from trailers. Some spend it on fanart, gifs, fmvs. So ML has really made an impact and it's far from being a flop. Most important I'm really enjoying it. We haven't reach half way point but the plot is thickening and we're heading to major WS-HS relationship moments, til then our fingers will be furiously typing away here..

I had goosebumps reading your last paragraph...it makes feel like a complete another world we are in on SHR and this thread (with so much to read/analyze and speculate)

I always watch 2-3 dramas at a time and may be 4 at max cause i just watch the episdoe and  do nthing else. but here in case of SHR, i stopped all my other dramas cause I have so much think and watch than just watchign the episodes. I have raw episodes (SBS ver), Subbed epi (intl ver), than director cut, all bts from naver, ll fmvs, all gifs, osts downloaded for this drama that ii hant done for any other drama in my life.

This place is like a heaven to me...and ratings being in my country and watchign this show online i am least bothered about ratings as long as I am happy and satisfied how story unfolds.

• Like 17

14 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

BTW, can LJK speak english? - basic communication level?

I think so, I noticed an improvement in his accent recently, and in an interview for the Chinese movie "Never Said Goodbye", he mentioned that he communicated with the lead actress who doesn't speak Korean in a mixture of English and Mandarin.

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

BTW, can LJK speak english? - basic communication level?

Limited, but yes he can. If you watch the Running Man episode he was on with Haneul and Hongjong, he even goes into that clubbing rant..."when I say joongi, you say...." It was quite hilarious and a must watch if you haven't seen it yet.

• Like 16

7 hours ago, ferily said:

Okay, I'm a bit confused about the versions... I saw somewhere on this thread that they said the Dramafever version of this drama is the original version that SBS airs in Korea but when I was reading Dramabeans comments, they said that it's the international version...? Which one is which? :blink:

About the kiss scene at the end of episode 9, was the raw version where WS forced kissed her and HS pulled away and they kissed the second time or was it just one straight kiss for episode 9?

Dramafever is the International version.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

I had goosebumps reading your last paragraph...it makes feel like a complete another world we are in on SHR and this thread (with so much to read/analyze and speculate)

I always watch 2-3 dramas at a time and may be 4 at max cause i just watch the episdoe and  do nthing else. but here in case of SHR, i stopped all my other dramas cause I have so much think and watch than just watchign the episodes. I have raw episodes (SBS ver), Subbed epi (intl ver), than director cut, all bts from naver, ll fmvs, all gifs, osts downloaded for this drama that ii hant done for any other drama in my life.

This place is like a heaven to me...and ratings being in my country and watchign this show online i am least bothered about ratings as long as I am happy and satisfied how story unfolds.

I can relate to you @KdramaSwimmer cause I feel the same way too. This drama has the power to be so brain consuming and then because we couldn't stop thinking about it we spend even more time rewatchIng and watch each scene closer. I havnt done that before until this yr with W (first time in my life adter nearly 3decades of drama) and now ML. 

Previously I wasn't that invested, I can even wait for a whole drama to finish airing and then binge watching in a marathon. I can juggle up to 5dramas when time permits (K dramas, C dramas, TW dramas and also reality shows). But once there's a drama like ML there's not much brain cells left to do or appreciate others.

Your last paragraph, are you from Korea? And yes most important is being happy and enjoying the story. Let's continue to love and appreciate SHR ML :heart:

• Like 14

54 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

All this might somehow bring the other princess (I can't remember her name... The one practicing the double swords dancing) into the picture...

Idk if she and BA have been close enough to be involving her into this. But they can be got close because of this. 

@frostfire yeah, Wook and WS relation has not been good after the 'there's nothing belongs to you here' thing. 

I think he's throwing a gift with pink cover. But it's odd to be putting it together with the jail break scene, now I think about it. Because he's search and scream in a room. If it was to happen, it have to be before or after the jail. Maybe Wook doesn't know HS has been chose as the black goat for the poisoning hence he doesn't know she was jailed. The only who knew about this is WS. I doubt WS will share this knowledge with Wook. His scream is after he found out and realising how weak he really is because he can't do anything to help and freed HS. It's a cry of frustation. 

Jail break is easy for WS, isn't it? But how many time will be passing before HS can be free? WS is poisoned. He will need time to heal. Have you seen how many blood coming out of his mouth? I know the spoiler said it's not deathly but the recovery must take time. There is no way jail break can be succeed without involving 14th or CP without WS. But more people knew the more riskier. If this to happen, I bet WS and BA acted alone and WS pushed himself to free HS despite being unhealthy.

• Like 13

23 minutes ago, minmar said:

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, I just found these articles from the 19th and 20th but this thread is moving so fast I could easily have missed it!

SK does recognize Moon Lovers as a hit.

" So, it is clear that the SBS drama and the KBS drama are both neck to neck when it comes to garnering great ratings and acceptance by the audience. "

You can read the articles here to learn how the industry has recognized that despite low TV ratings.

http://www.movienewsguide.com/scarlet-heart-ryeo-moonlight-drawn-clouds-neck-neck-popularity-war/282673

http://www.hngn.com/articles/206731/20160919/scarlet-heart-ryeo-compete-with-moonlight-drawn-by-clouds.htm

Hahaha, let's us have a ratings in soompi or voting in soompi? They can easily and immediate get the results....

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

Limited, but yes he can. If you watch the Running Man episode he was on with Haneul and Hongjong, he even goes into that clubbing rant..."when I say joongi, you say...." It was quite hilarious and a must watch if you haven't seen it yet.

oh yeah.. no watched it.. infact only then i came to know that some tv drama of his is going to air :P

because of the three i only knew or shud i say, i knew KHN relatively better.. having seen LJK only once in my girl

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, junee22 said:

@dhia205   IKR!! I'm searching for it too now..somehow it sounds like..okay..off to search now

SG Wannabe?????????

i don't think it's SW wannabe, his voice way lighter for SG member. but i'm not sure tho... wish next week we have this ost

Spoiler

a tiny part of his voice sound like k.will tho.. a very tiny part. 

Screenshot_6.jpg

this part.. the way he said 안돼... his vice really desperate..

• Like 12

1. wang so keeps reminding me of kwang so.. :P i don't know why

WS is so like his mother:

1. One person romance: She wants the king , if that means hurting someone else to achieve that.. she gladly did that.. He can also go to any length to keep his person with him.. if it means hurting someone else, i think he will.. (specially once she has committed to him.. as queen is married t king)

2. Ambition

3. Scar - freaking no one in that world cares for the scar except for him and his mother.. she hates it.. he thinks she hates him because of the scar and hence is the sore point..but really no one else cares.. he makes it a big issue by hiding therefore others also think its worth hiding

4. Intellect and shrewdness, political bend of mind

5. Clearly they don't forgive easily

I was not expecting this but i am amazed how breathtakingly handsome i find 13th prince (Nam) in this attire.. and so so so looking fwd to his romantic storyline..

I wonder if Nam has looked this gorgeous ever.. if weren't that invested in WS character, i'd say he (nam) is best of all 1-14 princes..

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, sharreb said:

I can relate to you @KdramaSwimmer cause I feel the same way too. This drama has the power to be so brain consuming and then because we couldn't stop thinking about it we spend even more time rewatchIng and watch each scene closer. I havnt done that before until this yr with W (first time in my life adter nearly 3decades of drama) and now ML. 

Previously I wasn't that invested, I can even wait for a whole drama to finish airing and then binge watching in a marathon. I can juggle up to 5dramas when time permits (K dramas, C dramas, TW dramas and also reality shows). But once there's a drama like ML there's not much brain cells left to do or appreciate others.

Your last paragraph, are you from Korea? And yes most important is being happy and enjoying the story. Let's continue to love and appreciate SHR ML :heart:

3 decades....woww  thats a long time to be in kdramaland...mine is just lil more than 6 years. so  i am just a hoobae to you sunbae-nim :)

lol and i never did what i am doing for SHR... i was on soompi many times in past but always gave up cause I cpuld not keep up with the past moving pages and so much to read abt the show. but here i just cant give up... everyday i thinkk i wont open the tread but no my fingers itself open the soompi app on  my cell or webpage in laptop

no no i am not from Korea.. my mistake my words were confusing. I am from India...where are you from ?

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

Hahaha, let's us have a ratings in soompi or voting in soompi? They can easily and immediate get the results....

Yep, we could have told them based on what we saw.  Everyone is talking about it no matter where you go. It has got to be that kids control the TV remote in SK homes.  YES?

Also for those asking about Joon speaking English. He does speak it better than you might suppose. IT sometimes takes him a minute to remember an English word for something but he usually gets it. 

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, Lady_Lara said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/wU3pN

i mean this shot. Wang So is again in mask! What will happen?! Hope he is going to become again dark as he was in the beginning?!

i think he going to war but in here we can hear he say 'i miss you' so my take is they already in relationship at this point... 

• Like 16