[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I've been watching the scene cuts from ep 8 & 9 with our OTP gracing the screen over and over again but can't seem to get my mind off them.  I keep listening to the OST and wonder how the plot will be laid out next week.  If indeed WS will be poisoned instead of the CP, hopefully by then HS will realise that WS's love for him is greater than anything or all those herbs that WW promised to buy for her (someone pointed this out and I thought it's hilarious when all WW could offer to HS was herbs instead of his life.  Heck, even the 14th prince said that he owed HS his life after she "saved" him from the thugs).  I do agree with most of the comments about the scene by the beach where HS looks conflicted and gloomy whereas WS looks so much in love.  The way he leans toward her when he's talking conveys so much ( at least in my eyes).

Another thing that I'm curious yet looking forward to watch is the kiss scene where HS has a cut on her upper lip.  I saw it in some previews at YT. HS wasn't wearing the court lady uniform.  She looked plain and make-up free.  I wonder when that scene will take place.  Will that be our OTP's second kiss scene?  Why did she look tired?  Was it taken after she's punished from "poisoning" the CP?  Does anyone have any ideas?  

I honestly hope we'll get to see a happy ending and by that I mean we don't have to witness WS marrying YH.  Is that too much to ask? :tears:

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, kyar7jizhenll said:

Also for some previous questions: 

According to history, 10th prince Eun probably got killed along with his grandfather's army at the end of Crown Prince Muu's reign (or beginning of 3rd prince Yo's reign) as he revolted and was trying to put his own grandson Eun as king.  CP Muu was also uncle-in-law to Eun and another son-in-law of his grandfather. If WS killed Eun like in HS's premonition, he is acting on behalf of the king (or like some people mentioned Eun was shot by Yo's arrows and WS was just trying to relieve his pain by slashing him). Basically, I don't think WS is acting on his own will regards to Eun. So, grand general Park might not develop grudge to WS for killing his daughter Soondoak as she and her husband are part of rebels.

9th prince, Won actually planned a revolt with people when WS became 4th king. He got caught and was basically killed by WS (This is mentioned in Chinese Wiki but not in English version). As drama depicts 3rd prince Yo has  powerful-in-laws in addition to his maternal clan being powerful, Yo is uncle-in-law to Won (9th) as he married to two of his mother's sisters. His grandfather is one of the three generals who contributed to founding of Goryeo and rich. May be that's why he is close to Yo in the drama and achieved the title of crown prince (higher title for a prince) .

According to wiki, 8th died during 20th year of WS's reign but did not mention the cause. [other drama about WS's son and daughter-in-law shows that both WW and YH (later WS's queen) were executed by WS later in his reign as WS thought that they were involved in their clan's activities against him.]

In novel, 14th prince also had issues with 4th as he is part of 8th gang but so far, he seems to be on 4th side in SK version. In history, he became dawang with his own fifes which is highest possible position for King's son or brother. 

Even though history said that WS ruled the country in fear, it is NOT that he was killing people for no reason. He killed some powerful clans during later period of his reign as he was trying to establish absolute monarchy and those clans were hindering his authorities. Both his brother Muu and Yo tried to curb those clan's power and were NOT successful, leading to WS iron-fist rule.

Congrats to the show for reaching over 1 billion viewer for just 9 episodes on youku!!! Hopefully, it will reach as high as or higher than Uncontrollably Fond which currently is the highest viewed SK drama on youku. 

WS executed his own wife queen Daemok?

• Like 6

It seems that the kiss scene from SBS version is the second kiss from international version. The only thing that would void this statement is if HS continues struggling in the next episode of SBS version I guess. But I have to say I am very curious about what will happen afterwards. Will he somehow manage to calm her down or is she going to continue being scared out of her mind? (she even had trouble breathing after the last premonition she had)

I find it rather believable that HS is scared and disturbed by these premonitions: even though she is currently in Goryeo, she is originally from our time and we are not used to witnessing any kind of murder but she suddenly sees pictures of So killing his brother which scares her. In our time we are scared of killers and even though her knowledge of the past can be wrong she thinks WS will kill his brothers which causes her brain to start percieving him as a killer and she start to panic. She tried to pull herself together but in her current state of panic her brain is telling that he is a killer even though he still isn't the man she thinks he will become. And just as she makes a decision that she will change things  an image of Eun's murder is revealed to her so she runs scare of what sh think will happen.

I think that So came at the wrong time in the scene at the end of episode 9 and that is why she said those things to him. She didn't have enough time to accept what she saw, there wasn't enough time for her to calm down and to remember that she actually knows him enough to know that he isn't someone capable of doing that. The timing for them in that scene is off( I'm not saying the scene is off but the timing for them as people is off) he came to her hurt by his mother's actions longing for a reassurance but at the time she is just as emotionally unstable as he is and she ends up talking in panic things she probably never would've said to him otherwise.

I don't know why she would stop resisting him during the kiss though but i did notice that as soon as she stopped resisting he let her go(international version not sure what will happen in SBS version though) so I'm guessing he wanted to erase all the things she told him,, he wanted her acceptance and I'm not sure if she will say something else to hurt him afterwards.

Sorry about the long rant, just wanted to share my view of the situation :D

• Like 24

2 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

One of the theory of why is Ha Jin got reincarnated to goryeo as Hae Soo is to redo the history. The theory is during HJ time, the history book will depict king GJong as a murderer of all of his brothers ie a 10/10 bad ruler. So when she got involve with WS (young King GJ), she tamed him with her love so a new history was rewritten. he was 'bad' but at a lesser scale - 5/10 maybe as in the real history now he did kill ..but only one brother and 2 nephews and some officials...

I forgot who put this theory up but thanks to him/her it is quite logical at the moment.

I like this theory, HS's vision prob was a warning so that she could change it.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, jentayue said:

Have you watch him in time between dog and wolf yet! He look dashing in that drama and the force kiss between him and nam sang mi was voila.... hahahha...

I just finished watching LGK's two drama.....1. Arang and magistrate 2. Scholar who walks at night.....I like both drama. He manages to portray both characters, I can't describe in wording...hehehehe, I m going to watch Joseon Gunman while waiting for next episode:phew:

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, skxz said:

KANG HA NEUL WHY ARE YOU SO CUTE WHY?!??! MY FEELS CANNOT BE CONTAINED OMG.

Cr: twitter

Hahha i know right :lol: and KHN is so touchy with IU..... and if you watch closely the BTS...amidst all the other actors around, his eyes always focus on her...no matter how far she is standing from him...he will just glance only at her...HAHA...this guy...and his feels..:P

• Like 13

After all the recent sad talks and seriousness I realized for the first time this drama is possibly going to end on a sad note, which I didn't expect at all. ='( So after a lots of struggle  I decided to traumatize myself and went on checking the ending for the original drama. Aand I dare not want to know how scarlet heart's conclusion will be..Firstly they should not have made Suu so much feisty and comically funny at the start, which may be part of the reason why I never thought the tone of the drama would be a somber one in future. But anyhow, still hoping that we can have some kind of happy ending for So and Su, and that the princes don't feed off each other's flesh, that would be the worst of all.

• Like 14

@junee22 wow....we really have the same wave length (its rare i found one that have the same wave length with me).....we thought and did the same things...same, i just screening what i want to read....hahahahaha...but i love reading people rants,its like they speak my words that i cant write better here..so i dont need to add it because most of the rant have same points. yeah im on the stage of fool right now...its like i want to defend this drama every where but then i thought,better i use my effort to spread the love to this drama than defend here and there that sometimes it useless..haters gonna hate hate hate....

29 minutes ago, kyar7jizhenll said:

Even though history said that WS ruled the country in fear, it is NOT that he was killing people for no reason. He killed some powerful clans during later period of his reign as he was trying to establish absolute monarchy and those clans were hindering his authorities. Both his brother Muu and Yo tried to curb those clan's power and were NOT successful, leading to WS iron-fist rule.

thanks for the history insight...i just read about goryeo in wiki english and i feel thats not as complete as you write here.Kinda agree with WS was killing ppl for no reason..after watching many political saeguk drama, this kill and be killed is like a common things there, to reach more power in monarchy system back then. They dont care kill their own family as long as it can increase their power. WS have their own reason ofc, and as far as i know the king in goryeo isnt as strong as joseon dynasty...this powerful clan family have their own powers to on each area there...and when i watch SFD in the beginning of joseon, its difficult to "take care" this powerful clan family things, like they have their own army (private army) and in joseon the process to get ride of private army is difficult too and ofc need blood war to sacrifice it.

about the osts...so far i love all the ost...the baek ah yeon one maybe the one that slap me the most..because its like said what our leads words..its hurt, sad but so true...thats what i feel after watch ep 9...and im happy finally hear male singer on the ost at the end of ep 9...its not that im complaint about it but when female singer sing an ost its feels they speak heroine words more though it can applied to hero too..and vice versa...when finally hear that male singer song, i scream FINALLY......WS words..hahahahhahahaha..thats what my first expression when heard that songs...cant wait to hear upcoming OSTs...

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

DC Galler Usui made a Housemaid parody trailer of WS and HS. Steamy!

Great one!

If you type 'Hae soo and wang so' on youtube, you'll get tones of fanmade videos with awesome songs with HS-WS only clips.  Check them out. A great way to spend the time waiting for next ep..lol

• Like 16

Check this one...

The lyrics are so WS-HS personalities

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7jCg-ISzpmQ

"October & April"
(feat. Anette Olzon)

She was like April skies
Sunrise in her eyes
Child of light
Shining star
Fire in her heart
Brightest day