[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

7 minutes ago, hiluna said:

Was there a jailbreak scene in the preview? I had assumed that WS would step in and have a say in the punishment since she was under his authority, so maybe she just got a demotion? 

No dear.. It's just our crazy hypotheses to fill our day as we wait for Monday. Chip in. It is fun and letting our wildest imaginations be free while still have a ground basis. We can use these for Fan fic hahaha

• Like 14
  • Replies 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SBS Presents Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo                                                      Drama: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim

I suppose I can make a preliminary announcement to give some background information before the official call.  Media like DVD/Blu-ray don't sell very well in Korea, so creators of Kdramas don't r

KYAAAAAAAA I justsaw this on weibo, obviously its a continuation from her "peck" aahahhahahahahahahha I am such a goner.........................................

Posted Images

This has probably been posted already but

https://mobile.twitter.com/4seasonswithIU/status/775904318469832704/video/1

I need to see more scenes like this...it really fleshes out Yeon Hwa as a character and explains her motivations for wanting to get more powerful too, especially since we see that next episode, she's not going to depend on Wook so much anymore. 

• Like 9
10 minutes ago, Brenda Capers said:

QUESTION:

1. Why didnt WS request HS as his bride/wife instead of his person?....because once he becomes King he will not be able to marry her because she has a scar.

2. Who does YH end up marrying?

3.What misunderstanding will HS have with Wook ,to cause her to break up with him and fall out of love with him when she couldnt do it when she knew it was hurting her cousin. And how is she going to fall in love with WS who she is soo petrified of right now?

1.I am asking the same thing. I guess HS will be another Lady Oh then. 

2. Without a doubt she will marry WS although it's going to break HS's and everyone's heart in here. HS will be a wife with a rank of court lady.

3. The blood in WS's mouth will be the solution.

• Like 8
21 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

2. Without a doubt she will marry WS although it's going to break HS's and everyone's heart in here. HS will be a wife with a rank of court lady.

if they follow the c vers and novel...

Spoiler

WS want to be a king to release HS from the slave rank (that the lowest and the toughest rank).. when he did HS will be his lover.. there is no rank or marriage for her cause when she have rank or became his second wife he must have the formalities with her cause palace rules.. if HS just ordinary people in palace he can just meet HS anytime he want and be with her.. that the reason 4th give to Ruoxi about why did't make her as his wife... 

this scenario will likely happen cause i don't think HS will agree to marry WS to be a second wife? also WS would't be that cruel to ask her to be a rank lower than YH....

• Like 18
8 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

1. I think it would be too controlling of WS to ask for that when they're not in a romantic relationship. Even thought I wish they could be married at this point.

Sort of related, I thought it was bad that the general gets the king to order Eun to marry his daughter when Eun and his daughter's relationship is so one side.

• Like 7
Spoiler
1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

BTW, can LJK speak english? - basic communication level?

Yes, he can speak english and sings in english too. He communicates in english and chinese when filming his movie in China/Italy, and of course when filming Resident Evil with Milla Jovovich in South Africa. :) 

Edited by LyraYoo
OFFTOPIC
  • Like 10
4 hours ago, frostfire said:

I actually think that Hae-soo was captured by the palace guards for the attempted poisoning of a prince (which explains why she was held back by guards when she tried to run over to Wang So when he was coughing up blood in the preview). My theory is that she was tortured in prison before the princes work together to rescue her, which explains why her lip seems to be injured when Wang So swoops down to steal a kiss in the 6 minute preview, as well as why she isn't dressed in her court lady uniform. 

As for why Wang Wook is screaming Hae-soo's name in such a heart wrenching manner, the in the preview, we hear his voice saying that he wants to ask the king to allow his marriage to Hae-soo. However, how can a court lady convicted of an attempted poisoning attempt marry a prince? 

I really, really hope this happens because I am dying for the princes to work together again. That small part in episode 6 wasn't enough. I NEED MOAR.

I saw that WW's was wearing the same clothes which he had opened HS' room door in the 6min Preview, so so I am thinking it's when he realizes that she has been taken away for interrogation for attempting to poison the CP/verge of being killed and utter despair and devastation takes over and he has a meltdown about being so powerless.

It will be interesting to say the least of who will be involved in trying to prove her innocence because of the nature of the situation. It's likely that both WS and Baek-A will be proactive, but I am curious to see how WW will act upon this.

Edit: I'm still three pages behind LOL

• Like 19
1 hour ago, Lady_Lara said:

But he acted in Holywood film-don't remember the title-with Milla Yuvovich as a star-they took an asian actor with low English skills?

his english is not fluent but I believe he can communicate in english (basic level). He is a fast learner and he always tries to coomunicate with his fans, so he tries to speak some chinese, japanese, english, even in bahasa when he visited Indonesia many years ago. check out his interview for his chinese movie.

Spoiler

• Like 13

Ok..let's see..first..how packed and full our thread is..I feel like I have new families all comes together for the big wedding of our OTP..hahaha..okay,maybe that's not going to happen..my point is..I'm happy..welcome welcome newcomers..

Secondly.. @dhia205 and @KdramaSwimmer..I'm going crazy searching for the singer..lol..I still thought its SG Wannabe at the last ep9 for the int.vers.and maybe 4men? at the end ep9 sbs version..hope they'll release both..coz both songs are soooo good,with a verrryyy good voices too. (SG and 4Men voices would perfect for the osts..no?) - I compared their voices..SG with DOTS ost,and 4Men with Gu family book ost..I could be wrong though,since I don't know much ;p

Then,about LJG english language?I'm sure with his own character whose always want to do the best (okay,ambitious+perfectionist) he will learn english to speak more fluently..with his raising followers in IG that most of them (including me) are from diff.countries,I trust him..:wub:

Well,last but not least..chingu yaaa..its only thursday and we already reach page 611..I'm sure by the next eps we will reach 800..hehehe..and I'm so addicted to this drama..my friends seems too busy to watch this drama,my husband literally hates dramas (prefer action only with less convo),and my daughter's only 3yrs old. That's why I'm so blessed with all the friends I get from this Soompi thread.

Thank you in advance to @LyraYoo @bebebisous33 @briseis @marosa_jin @meahri_1 @MadraRua @qwenli @KdramaSwimmer @dhia205 @Mona Ys @40somethingahjumma @solelylurking @skxz @trizha1 and many more that I couldn't mention (there are 200+ ppl who follow this thread..yaayyyy). Spread the love and leave the hates..keep our peace.

Love and hugs :heart:

• Like 18
14 minutes ago, Brenda Capers said:

QUESTION:

1. Why didnt WS request HS as his bride/wife instead of his person?....because once he becomes King he will not be able to marry her because she has a scar.

2. Who does YH end up marrying?

3.What misunderstanding will HS have with Wook ,to cause her to break up with him and fall out of love with him when she couldnt do it when she knew it was hurting her cousin. And how is she going to fall in love with WS who she is soo petrified of right now?

1. I think this is because of her position as a palace woman, even though she is known to be from a noble family, she would now be considered a palace woman. Palace woman were supposed to serve in the palace for their whole lives (with a few exceptions), so HS leaving her position and being allowed to marry the 4th would be a really big deal. It would be highly unlikely that the King would allow it.

(Also, even though we have seen that the 4th does have some sort of romantic feelings for HS, do you think that he has thought about marriage with HS, like the 8th has? Or, do you think he thinks of HS as a really close friend who he is starting to have feelings for?)

2. The real YH in history marries the 4th. I think that it is likely that she will also marry the 4th in the drama.

3. In the novel and the C-drama,

Spoiler

the 8th is/becomes very interested in the throne, to the point that HS (Rouxi in the C-drama) asks the 8th to choose between her and the throne and the 8th chooses the throne. Also, around this point, the 4th shows that he has feelings for Rouxi (RX) and is there for her when the 8th wasn't. RX then realizes that she always has some sort of interest in the 4th (i.e. paying more attention to him).

I think in this drama, something will happen that changes HS's image of the 8th (maybe the fact that he is now going to fight for the throne? Or maybe help the 3rd against the 4th?) To HS, the 4th hasn't really shown that he is interested in the throne. Even though she 'seen' that he will be cruel when he becomes king, she still sees a good and kind person in the 4th. (i.e. In the 9th episode when she was talking to the 4th in the rain, she was thinking to herself and couldn't believe how 'a person like this could turn cruel'. Also, in actual history the Gwangjong doesn't actually become cruel until the 2nd half of his reign. I think this is why she will fall for the 4th later, when she is so scared of him now. She will probably think that something changed in history and he will no longer become a cruel king. 

• Like 20
1 hour ago, Lady_Lara said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/wU3pN

i mean this shot. Wang So is again in mask! What will happen?! Hope he is not going to become again dark as he was in the beginning?!

It could potentially be when he goes to save her from the interrogation. He might be wearing the mask to protect his face from further harm, or to use as an intimidation factor aka: DON'T MESS WITH ME, I WILL CUT YOU. (literally).

1 hour ago, violet90 said:

i think he going to war but in here we can hear he say 'i miss you' so my take is they already in relationship at this point... 

EDIT: Actually I think this would be more likely. HAHAHAHA.
Whew finally caught up.

• Like 12
3 hours ago, iloveknovela said:

We share the same thought! 

Honestly, I am not overly concerned with rating since each individual have different taste or preference.  Korean audiences might have gotten used to their culture, environment and lifestyle so they may be looking for something unique in the dramas they're watching.  International audiences may have felt the same in their respective countries and found Korean drama/movie more interesting, that's why they're drawn to it.  We all love something new and different.  I am partly speaking by experience here :D  

Anyway, this is all about entertainment.  As long as it served their purpose of entertaining the audience, then for me it's worth the effort. 

Sometimes, I don't pay too much attention on the story since I knew that most of them are product of imagination only.  When based on historical facts, I welcome any interesting/artistic deviation for entertainment's sake.  Besides we are in modern times.  As long as it keeps me entertained, then it's worth watching.  If it doesn't make sense?  Welcome to life.... even in real life there are lots of things that doesn't make sense.  I just watch with understanding while laughing or crying with them, since those actors and actresses worked hard too & became part of my daily life already. :D

You're right! It all comes down to personal preferences. ^_^ What appeal to us doesn't mean it will be appealing for K-Viewers. Though it may be so, I still feel bad for the actors,actresses,and production teams being judged without giving them the chance they deserve :( . It's like when some people say it sucks and start leaving hate comments (As I'm sure we all know how vicious hate comments can be in Korea), others will follow without actually seeing the content and potential. It feels as if you're being shunned by your own mother :(. This drama is Wang So with Queen SMS all over again, with us international fans as Hae Soo, that stick with him albeit his flaw. :D Though I'm glad some of them still watch this, enough to make SBS re-editing their pre-produced drama.

And yeah on this drama creeping into my daily life.

At first when I watched the first 3 episodes I was like, 'huh, what was that?", but despite the hate I felt as if it had potential, so I'm giving them a second chance in episode 4, and I'm not disappointed. I repeat, I'm not disappointed. This drama really change my way of watching KDrama. I mean I even do things I don't usually do.

What I do after watching an episode of other drama so far :

I watched_read people response from DB and Soompi, without bothering to comment_watch another good drama_Carrying on with life while thinking about the drama sometimes_Watch the next episode.

What I do after watching an episode of MLSHR :

I watched_read people response from DB and sompi_(create an account on the first time ever on both and commented for the first time ever) giving comment and liking other's comment_skimming through Soompi, Google, Youtube to search for newest BTS, Interview, & Pictures_Re-watching the episodes and video to get through the week_reading history to guess what will happen on the next episode_dropping other drama on hold to focus on this drama_Watching the next episode.

See what I did there? I know I'm beyond redemption when I started doing all the things I've never do. I mean, I'm not the type to give comment and voicing my thoughts but look what this drama has done to me!! Am I the only one who change this drastically?? LOL

I'm not gonna have this big expectation for this drama though, I don't want to be disappointed. I'm loving the development of the story so far and I'm gonna love it more when it keeps getting more interesting like this.

Anyway, late though it is, because I read this forum many times from a long time ago I feel as if I'm a member already, I forgot to say.... Nice to meet you, I'm new here, Please take care of me *bows*

• Like 21

Wow. This thread is moving too fast I couldn't catch up. The funny thing that MLSHR made me do is to re-watch all videos related to the drama over and over again. And then when I re-watched the full trailer, I noticed that Wang So is wearing his mask again when he back-hug Haesoo and uttering "I miss you" to her. What happened? I thought the mask if off for good? Okay, I am excited since I miss the mask-man look so much....he is sexier with the mask on.

• Like 14
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner