Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

20 minutes ago, sukbin said:

Okay, I am not supposed to talk about ratings but @qwenli made mentioned about it last night, so allow me to give my two cents.

The ratings drop from 6.9% to 6.2%, which is considerably minimal judging that MDBC drop from 21.3% to 19.6% and Monster, broadcasting its final 2 episodes raking in more ratings than usual which is at 12.1%.

It may not be a huge drop but what scares me is the the reception of the coming episode 10. Episode 8 was grandiose and so, people are tuning in to watch episode 9 (which is crappy). And evidently, episode 9 is lacking of Lee Jun Ki. 

But let's be positive...Now that Monster finished let's pray that some viewers will go to Moon Lovers...

• Like 13

Hi all :) *takes a deep breath* what an emotional ride we had watching episode 9..which for me personally is a good indication of great episode. 

After watching it closely, I believe that all of her premonition she experience is not happen randomly at all, It was intentional and most likely occur whenever her action (be it actively participating or complete avoidance, also regardless how small and unimportant she thought) shape the 'future' or at least help it fall into places. And I agree with one of the poster here that her vision also related to the fact that she's wang soo's fated lover and how their destiny tangled together that is way it was centered around him. Case in point:

-- The first vision occurred after she rejected king's wedding proposal, which in the aftermath made her became a court lady and made her possible to help wang so. 

--2nd vision occurred after she help wang so facing his greatest fear, and as a result increased his chance to be the next king. 

--3rd vision occurred because she unintentionally play a bigger part in convincing wang eun to get married with sundeok, general daughter, who has a significant leverage of power in goryeo political court. By this association wang eun unimportant presence change into a reasonable threat to whoever has ambitious desire to be a king. Unfortunately it was ended with tragedy and wang so happened to be there and aimed a bloody sword to wang eun (although I believe he must have a good reason for it...) Since her premonition only entangled with his presence and related to her involvement to eun marriage, it was that exact horrific moment she witness in her vision. What makes it extra heart wrenching is this marriage is based on pure-innocent love, and a father's respect for his daughter's wishes, not driven by ambition or securing power like others, something that definitely rare during goryeo times. 

No wonder it caused haesoo's extreme panic attack and emotional distress, barely come to terms with the weight of her actions and desperately holding to the fact that maybe she could change things for the better. This sudden realisation and the burden of her involvement got her reconsider that she shouldn't meddling carelessly with the past and thought that it was all her fault. She believed that her being there is a mistake on itself, she desperately wants to run away, unable to bear the consequences of her action. 

I probably on the minority here that appreciate the writer bold move to deal with 'the whole premonition' complications this early and not drag it towards the end. Because like it or not it is something that eventually will cause problems, and need to be addressed accordingly. It's better for us to put restraint on our judgement to haesoo and try to understand her standing. I will dug further on this topic on my next post since my time is a bit limited right now (dear real life please be kind enough to let me release my inner kdrama addiction,it's hard to focus on assignment when your brain wandering in goryeo:P). 

I understand it is sad to say goodbye to their innocent but strong bond of friendship, but I think it is for the better. As mind-boggling and dysfunctional their state of relationship right now, if the writer think conventionally to please the masses and just let their feeling grows naturally, it honestly boring. And if we're gonna take the safe route, might as well promoted the second lead male who is epitome of comfortable, safe, platonic love. But they aren't. And if they can overcome extreme obstacles for their love, it certainly will be epic just like the story suggest. 

• Like 21

17 minutes ago, briseis said:

I didn't post this one here because  I only quote and paraphrase and gush over that article that the amazing @wordsmyth0253, translated for us.

You didn't, I open the link provided by @kaoriharang

• Like 3

God this thread is really on fire....

I woke up and catch 5 from 10 pages that I left behind and then now I'am 25 page behind... (I tried hard guys to catch up you all, please wait for me...)

Good job Eclipses  Thumbs Up Sign on Apple iOS 10.0

11 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

so whats ur mom'sreaction..?

btw i watched it when my mom was watching her show on TV so i was saved.. .. lol and i can understand your situation ;)

Ugh I tried not see her because that's so awkward...

She actually Wook shipper (I mean she like Soo with Wook than with So, so that kiss quite shocking for her (but I think that's my fault because I tell her that Soo has secret relationship with Wook, and So more like friend to So)

11 hours ago, sarasona said:

One of the worst things is to watch romance drama with family... I'd never do that.. because they will sent me to mental hospital or atleast psychiatrist

Yap, and the worst (for me) is when I cry because of drama, they always tease me like giving tissue or go to bathroom to get bucket. That's really ruining the moment. And I have to prepare my heart because maybe next week ep that cry moment will come up again (the last one is when Lady Hae died)

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, mewtwo said:

anyone getting scary vibe from Wang Wook yet? lol when he was talking to his sis while looking at the rain he was like a different person like he's wearing a mask

I do... I think he is another kind of beast....it's so scar to see the look in his eyes when he aims for the arrow..

• Like 6

4 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

last scene is very funny.. 

far from being scared, IU looks like someone with very bad indigestion problem..

Poor acting in that scene..

I think IU is not bad at all. If the scale is 1 to 10 .. she is a 6.5  to me (this is just my personal scale base on ME :D ) … a 6.5 is considered average. Pleasing to the eye ..

HOWEVER – the problem is, when she is in one screen with LJK. LJK is one of the most prominent actors in korea. His acting has ‘matured’ over the time. He is perfect as WS. When they were together in one screen we can see the glaring contrast in their skill, It was so obvious … They didn’t match (in term of skill). LJK gaze, facial expression is spot on, full of emotion and feel, completely ‘developed’ skill compare to IU (which is average) and still raw.

Anyway no worries, LJK is known for having fantastic chemistry even with a horse … if he can ‘do’ it with a horse he can pull off anything … :D . Despite IU skill, I see chemistry …. Eps from LJK side (may be it’s because at this point LJK love HS). My heart skip a bit every time both of them appear on the screen.

When IU is compared to the 10th Prince, it’s totally another story .. you will appreciate her more and you will find that IU is not bad at all … in fact kinda good … totally save the scene. She is at the same par compare to 13th and 14th Princes (however no one complaint Nam Joo Hyuk and Ji Soo acting skill).

I wonder what make Producer accept someone as ‘corny’ as baekhyun to carry off one of the important character in SHR .. and the screen time given to him is considered a lot for a side character. He behaved like a ten year old boy or is his character supposed to behave as immature as what he’s been showing? I think the screen time given to him can be utilize for other much much more important scene and Oh my .. to see a ‘ten’ years old boy getting married is a bit ‘disturbing’ to me (though ppl in that time got married at young age)

They should be more selective in the cast for production with grand scale like SHR. However the top 3 important character :, LJK, KHN and CP …. They are perfect … I love love KHN soft character (for now) .. I love love the way he look at IU .. I love every single scene when he is with IU … That gaze that smile .. and when he was angry because he feared for HS life .. OMO .. one of the best of KHN performance .. my heart is torn between WS and WW (though I am more bias toward WS since the end game is WS) .

LJK? :sigh: … Like I said he is one of the most prominent actor in Korea .. he has this sad/brooding look that is perfect for WS character …  and that killer smile ..  that piecing gaze :sigh: …

I was so happy when I know that SHR gonna be pre-produced. I was sure that a pre-produced drama will not be influenced by the audience .. they won’t be any ‘outside’ factor to interfere with production. I was expecting for a breathtaking scenery … and yes I get that satisfaction.. every outdoor shooting location is beautiful .. I love when they showed the areal view of both HS and WS .. with the dialog spoken between HS and WS … that feel OMIGAH!! ..

They had more time .. they can travel to remote area … and they have ample time to plan the plot .. no rush .. THAT WAS WHAT I thought and hope .. unfortunately in some aspect they did not utilize the pre-production status … How can a pre-production has two version? It’s a pre-production and team should not bend to the audience ‘request’ or need … when they have two version it will leave a bad impression that the drama is not edited properly and flip flop (no matter is just some minor changes or the changed version is better than the original version).. I hope this two version scenario will phase off ..

BBJX is has such engaging plot (though I don’t really prefer the C-version because I am not use to that type of acting – over the top acting style)… however the story is engaging … something that shall be remembered … when I first saw the first 2 ..  I was sure that SHR won’t be like the norm Sageuk we all used to. Esp with the double love plot – HS falling in love with WW and later with WS … it’s rare in Kdrama world .. (a bit similar to empress Ki – but empress ki is a 51 ep drama so the transition in the love line look natural) .. however there’s only 20 ep for SHR, I wonder how this transition would be like.

I thought (and still hope) that SHR will remain dark and ‘gory’ (like the first 2 eps) …  Looking at the WS reign period .. it’s one of the longest reign – 25 year (compare to his ‘sibling’ – WM – 3 years, WY 5 years) … in C-version there was a lot of killing/scheming. I had prepared myself to see WS/LJK will be the ruthless (with reasons of course) ruler  and I also prepared myself in case they do not ‘sugar coat’ WS character and remain with the C version .. I was so curious to see how such plot can be incorporated in Kdrama – where most of the time hero is nothing but an angel (though sometime wearing a ‘jerk’ skin but still very much an angel). For once – I would love to see a real situation,  ..  I would love to see a PD that brave enough to explore a different genre … taking the difficult path and not follow the norm … I was like OMG .. what a brave PD to choose something like this to turn into Kdrama ..

Unfortunately – when he/team decided to change the SBS version .. to cater to Korean taste … I lost confidence and hope … and when I see the way the story progressing … I believe it gonna be another Kdrama – a play safe drama … (though I still hope to see some real thing since they chose such complicated, intergrated .. full of betrayal and greed (esp the main lead) novel as their guideline, anyway you will understand 4th Prince decision/action (Cversion) and sort of accept though not wholeheartedly. It’s for his survival).  

Though I don’t prefer C version (due to acting style) .. I prefer the way they stick to the plot … and the sweet twist is when Rouxi met Yinshen in current world where they can write a new history start off with a clean slate ..  and leave the ‘dirty world’ behind .. no politic no betrayal ..only love ..

• Like 17

14 minutes ago, hallyus said:

By the way, what song did they play at the ending of ep 9 last night? Is that a new OST?

Yes, it's a new ost...I think i know who the singer is...It's the 1st ost that i like...Finally a ost that suits this kind of drama...I'm very happy...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mewtwo said:

anyone getting scary vibe from Wang Wook yet? lol when he was talking to his sis while looking at the rain he was like a different person like he's wearing a mask

I'm so disappointed from Hae su, she promised Wang So to trust her & she'll never change 1st, yet here she goes judging him based on a vision? my poor Wang So doesn't seem to catch a break  

so this is how Wang Wook will start thinking about going against Wang So when he previously seemed like he's on Wang So's side ? it's Hae Su who turned them against each other & changed history because in real history Wang Wook didn't fight Wang So ?

"the food I ate here wasn't bad but still, you should eat with your family so please don't ask me to come here again" Wang So disowning his evil mother made me happy for a moment there.... until he broke down 

Yes Wook seems more like a silent psychopath to me . It's always the quiet ones who seem kind and nice who may have some skeletons in their closet . His gaze gave me the shivers and I am just going to skip the episodes which are about YH and her marriage to WS . Try as I might I just can't stomach seeing that blehhh

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Tricky because this is also a suggestive option to your theory :tears:

but in this scene it seems like they were just training as usual all princes know how to use an arrow but only Wang Yo had one in the poster...will Eun had 1 arrow pierced from the back & another from the front must be from 2 different people in 2 different direction that if he didn't turn around...here I'm overanalyzing things lol  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kaoriharang said:

http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/post/150706806569/beware-for-this-post-is-dark-and-full-of

This is about ep 10, so if you dont want any spoilers dont read this

but i am looking forward to ep 10 and the advancement of WS-HS relationship.

Thr e author of this blog is on this forum :)

~~~~~

We got a kiss scene last night and today they give us a bts of wook n soo?:tears: 

• Like 13

gosh.... too much complain... just enjoy the drama and i really trust the pd-s... it will become interesting in upcoming episodes.

this HS+WS problems I think only 2 episodes, and which is ok for the plot.. you can complain if the problem/twist drag for too many episodes.... 

Just like @qwenli said ML is just like dark chocolate and have many flavours , if you like only sweet scenes you have to watch cotton candy type of drama.

I read ML article that HS's problem with WW and WS can transform her to more mature and the important thing is in the end is about how WS+HS's love to grow. Just like C-Ver in the end 4th prince and RX really love each other 

• Like 14

Does anyone has link where I can download the full eng sub for episode 9.

Subscene is not release it yet....Guess they still compiling from the complete version....

If someone has please PM me the link....very much appreciate it dears... :) 

• Like 3

hi !:) i would like to ask something , do you know where can i get the episode 8 where there is a scene of so and soo ( the edited one? ) that i can dl it ? tthank you so muccchhh!:) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

A little late but thank you all for live comments, video, giffs. My live streem was almost good, I have many things to do and I barely managed to get to pg.553 reading your comments.You are awesome people!

Hae Soo will learn to love Wang So. She is not scared of his person's she's scared of his projection from the future and what she learned in school about him. I'd like to think that from here come her premonitions. And I don't want to belive that he will kill his little brother. (without a good reasons).

Oh... and about kiss... maybe he force her, but his kiss wasn't brutal, more passionate, as he would have tried to convince her that is no reson to be scared of him.

@Diana Blanche I feel relief to hearing that HS is not scared of his person. What she scared of  his future changes as what she has seen in premonitions .......

• Like 8

1 hour ago, tamciakpo said:

I hope they wont completely exclude this beautiful scene. Let it be : WS ask her to give him the answer and HS said if they are fated, they will meet at the festival and will recognize each other if they are fated.

Me too. I'm praying for this scene to be aired in one of the upcoming episodes. Editors pls pls don't let me down by cutting it out of both international and SBS versions! This beautiful romantic moment of HS-WS is what I've been eagerly looking forward to (I even set it as my profile photo on this forum), so I would feel a sense of betrayal if they decided to remove it. Our So-Soo couple need a cute, bright moment like this before things get harder for them later on. I truly hope that my humble wish would be granted.

By the way, I like your theory about HS-WS dating at the festival ^^ Yes they're destined for each other so there's no doubt that one person will be able to recognize the other (based on IU's expression in the leaked photo I guess it's WS who approaches HS and surprises her with the mask kiss :D )

• Like 14