Quantcast

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

• Replies 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SBS Presents Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo                                                      Drama: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim

I suppose I can make a preliminary announcement to give some background information before the official call.  Media like DVD/Blu-ray don't sell very well in Korea, so creators of Kdramas don't r

KYAAAAAAAA I justsaw this on weibo, obviously its a continuation from her "peck" aahahhahahahahahahha I am such a goner.........................................

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, violet90 said:

its funny though.. how can they extend the eps if its pre produce drama?? they already sold the drama with the fixed episode..

MLSHR not so famous in Korea but really got the attention there.. lol

This is because they filmed enough footage for more than 20 episodes. If they extended, they could include a lot of the scenes that failed to make the cut originally (aka 2 kisses in the international version vs SBS re-edited version; the scene showing how Baek-ah and Wang So became closer, etc) instead of trying to squeeze what they have into 20 episodes and therefore sometimes not making narrative sense.

The one time a show actually needs an extension and it isn't given...:angry:

• Like 15

9 hours ago, brielover said:

We need to remember what Su's imperative is for being in Goryeo in the first place. 

"Save the boy."

That little boy's name was Eun Wol in modern Korea (his relatives call out to him by name). Su dives in to save him, the eclipse begins, time shifts, and she emerges from the water to find another Eun this time in Goryeo. A Eun that acts much younger than his age - a defining feature - to highlight his connection to that little boy in Korea. People blame Baekhyun for overacting, and he does, but he has also been directed to act in just this way. 

This helps explain to me why Eun gets  so much more screentime relative to the other princes. 

Eun Wol - the little boy in Korea - is likely a reincarnation of Eun, 10th prince of Goryeo. 

And Su's imperative remains. 

"Save the boy". 

Doesn't this give much more impact - and horror - to the vision she just saw?  She's been catapaulted to Goryeo perhaps for a variety of reasons (see my river-daughter post p 516 if you're interested in some mythical/historical possibilities), but her main and most immediate imperative is to save Eun. 

@brielover

Wow you are amazing to spot that detail.
I never took much notice of who that little boy was at the lake....because i thought it was just some random accident.

But indeed IT IS NOT A MERE COINCIDENCE ..right ? that the boy and the 10th Prince have the same name "Eun"

I also wondered that Eun is not the youngest prince...but he is the most childish... (still playing with marbles, with puppets)..i often mistake it that he is the youngest of them all.  And now he will be in danger.

That's gonna be a game changer....if indeed the main reason of her time-travel is actually Eun...
Atleast now, there seems to be a purpose....

As I had to re-watch the early part of Episode 1, Ha Jin (HS) has already been showing the symptoms of panic attack disorder in that episode...she seem to have difficulty in breathing and was pounding at her chest before she saw that little boy Eun fall in the lake.

• Like 18
12 minutes ago, frostfire said:

This is because they filmed enough footage for more than 20 episodes. If they extended, they could include a lot of the scenes that failed to make the cut originally (aka 2 kisses in the international version vs SBS re-edited version; the scene showing how Baek-ah and Wang So became closer, etc) instead of trying to squeeze what they have into 20 episodes and therefore sometimes not making narrative sense.

The one time a show actually needs an extension and it isn't given...:angry:

they should have edited this drama better tbh.. now how mess up that we have 2 version of this drama in every episode also even if they want to extend the episode the only one that can do that is SBS only.. because they already sold the drama so it licensed to that fixed episode only...

i have better hope for this drama cause its pre produce but they mess up.. luckily it not really showing and do not bothered me much... so i'm just going to enjoy it.... :)

• Like 6
6 hours ago, kinginthenorths said:

I'm sorry for cutting your post, but I just wanted to leave the part I wanted to address. Dramafever actually HAS the original version and NOT the re-edited SBS version. I watch the show through Dramafever and went back to check the episodes, and the scenes included in the SBS version are not on there.

It makes more sense for Dramafever to have the original version since they are an online international broadcasting company for the drama and had probably pre-subbed the shows when the rights was sold to them.

I live in the US though, so it's possible that other fans watching through Dramafever from other countries do see the SBS version, so please do correct me if I'm wrong!

Ah yess you're right, on Dramafever has the original international ver same with youku and onetv.  thanks for your info.

Spoiler

It should be DramaFever and hdFree has Original ver, KissAsian & DramaLove has SBS Re-edited ver

• Like 7
1 hour ago, jentayue said:

Have you watch him in time between dog and wolf yet! He look dashing in that drama and the force kiss between him and nam sang mi was voila.... hahahha...

hahaha.... I've been re-watching time between dog and wolf to get my daily dose of uri Joon :)

• Like 9

Surfing wiki so

CP will rule fm 943-945,  3rd Prince 945-949 and Wang So 949-975.

Wang So married his half sibling - Yeon Hwa? So far we have not seen much interaction between Wang So n Yeon Hwa. (Leejin's drama corner).

HS will be involved in the 3rd and 4th 'princes tussle' I suppose when WangJo became King? 

• Like 4

i'm really sorry if this has been brought up already, but did anyone catch if the hair pin that So gave to Soo in the preview is that same hair pin that So bought in the beginning of the drama for his "mom"? I just thought it would be cute if the hair pins were different since it shows that he actually went out to go shopping for a hair pin and i don't know why but the thought of him doing that makes me happy haha ~

• Like 17
5 hours ago, dramalove said:

i'm really sorry if this has been brought up already, but did anyone catch if the hair pin that So gave to Soo in the preview is that same hair pin that So bought in the beginning of the drama for his "mom"? I just thought it would be cute if the hair pins were different since it shows that he actually went out to go shopping for a hair pin and i don't know why but the thought of him doing that makes me happy haha ~

I think the hair pin is different...it is a cute idea though, Wang So shopping for different hair pin for Hae Soo, hehehee...but I personally think it also makes sense if Wang So gives the same pin for her mother Hae Soo. The way I see it, the hair pin was supposed to be a present, Wang So was attempting to bond with her mother; he tried to tell her that he still love her, in a way, despite her horrible treatment to Wang So. But since he didn't give it to Mother Yoo, he gives it to Hae Soo; it can be interpreted that Wang So is trying to tell Hae Soo that he loves her.

• Like 16

If I try to compiled reasons why many feel dissatisfied and completely baffled with how the story progress so far,one thing I find in common is it consistently root from our worries about the state of OTP relationship right now.

How dare the writer ruined the their beautiful bond? Isn't it supposed to be an epic love story? Why they depicted our OTP relationship that way? What in the world would happen now to their story?

Please ignore this post, it was unfinished, and kindly take a look on my answer to these questions on the next page. Thank you:)

Edited by bingewatcherinsomniac
Ignore this post please there's a glitch that made me click enter before I finished
  • Like 4
9 hours ago, solelylurking said:

Hi, we're saying hello trough post from the first time right? :) KHN is jjang alrite. I especially like the way he sings in his movies and dramas. But he's a musical actor too, so there's no surprised there. I hope MLSH prod team will make an OST with him or him and IU. I think teir voice will complemented each other. 

My take on the bold part is:

Maybe her preminition can give us a clue. If HS premonition is right then there must be something wrong with the history in her future. That's why she gets sent back to Goryeo time to make it right like the history we've known. From the fact we knew WS is a hard ruler but he only killes one brother and several nephew (cmiiw. It's been so long and history is notbmy strength). Even Wook survived and his son later become King. 

See, maybe we've been looking it the wrong side the whole time. It was the history that was messy and need to be corrected, not the person. 

haru chingu @solelylurking ... khn started in musicals so he is a seasoned actor ... hopefully they include him in the OST ... wouldn't it be nice if we get a cut from ljk and iu too?  that would be daebak!  

as to why hae soo was sent back to goryeo, that is a question i ask myself ... was she randomly transported to goryeo because she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time or was it because in her previous life, she was actually a participant in shaping history as it is known in modern times ... that she was the reason for the conflict between wang so and his brothers which unfortunately led to bloodshed ...  i think that no matter how she tries to change history it would still end up as how it was written ... her actions even with noble intentions would still lead her to the same outcome ... unless she is marty mcfly :)

• Like 14
39 minutes ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

Surfing wiki so

CP will rule fm 943-945,  3rd Prince 945-949 and Wang So 949-975.

Wang So married his half sibling - Yeon Hwa? So far we have not seen much interaction between Wang So n Yeon Hwa. (Leejin's drama corner).

HS will be involved in the 3rd and 4th 'princes tussle' I suppose when WangJo became King? 

I think WS and YH will marry because it was the King order

• Like 4
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner