[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@amisyka77 love that lyrics..almost made me cry..but I took a veeeerrry deep breath..fiuuhhh..

@KdramaSwimmer you could use google translate..but I know the translate were very bad..I often felt dizzy when try to used my brain to understand the words..hehehe :P (maybe you already tried this and feels desperate like me too?)..

Edit : sorry dear @KdramaSwimmer I didn't read @qwenli posts before..she already answered..and thanx @qwenli..I know now how to search the naver too..haha..my bad,this thread keeps moving like an arrow..*swooosshh*

Edited by junee22
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, frostfire said:

Hmm. Okay, so Baek-ah plans the escape route outside the palace, and Wang So does the actual prison break (because, who else has the fighting capability and the guts to do so?). Meanwhile, Wook will be part of the group that diverts attention away from the prison so that So will be able to get Soo out. 

Since So and Baek-ah will not be able to return to the palace until Hae-soo's name is cleared, (and I'm assuming the palace will be on high alert since 2 princes are going to be seen as aiding and abetting a criminal), they won't be able to send word to Wook on where Hae-soo is.

And meanwhile, the rest of the princes (Wook, Jung, Eun and possibly the crown prince) will try and clear Hae-soo's name. 

I think the pic that @bebebisous33 sent me via post can be an aid here. It shows Yo was kneeling, like getting arrested, while CP and the other princes is standing. So ther is a possibility they found out about Yo and mom from WS abd arrest them for treason. 

Are you sure Wook will apart of the jail break group? I think if he is to involve it will in the later part. If BA and WS wants some assistant(s) it will be more reasonable to ask Jung and Eun. But we can put Wook indeed because maybe WS still think Wook cares for HS because she was his family. But the problem is there is BA and that guy know about Wook and HS feelings for each other. Sure he doesn't know their current relationship but won't it be possible if he blurted it out to WS? A little too early? 

Well I just put Wook in the middle then. But the heart wrenching scream though... I still believe it has something to do with HS disappearance not about their marriage proposal status. Because in the long trailer he clearly looking like he's searching and can't find her. 

Where do you think BA will be taking HS to? BA is the most handsome guy in Goryeo and many people must have known him. It will be difficult for him to move far except in disguise but it will be hard to because it can rise a suspicion. The palace and whole nation must be in high alert like you say. Who else among the prince that has a wide connection with outside world? Eun's family and his wife family is powerful too. Maybe they have something to do with it? 

Oh thisnis exciting.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, briseis said:

OMG! This is adorable - she is trying to bribe him and win him over with his favourite tea and snacks!  

They basically have a silent lover’s spat in front of everyone. Even in a room full of people you immediately notice there is something going on between these two.

BY THE WAY, LET’S APPOINT BAEK AH AS OUR OFFICIAL SOSOO AMBASSADOR IN GORYEO!

Yes yes yes. I love those scenes. I love how Baek Ah changing eyes to HS and WS. Too bad, it was a short scene. 

Let Baek Ah be SoSoo matchmaker!!! 

• Like 18

okay guys, we have 11 episodes left. I am hoping episode 10,11,12,13 would be enough for soo to fall in love with So properly and surely and wook is out of the picture. Then episode 14,15,16 would be the climax of the show where all the turning point events happen, and then the last 4 episodes would wrap up everything properly and please please please hopefully its not a sad ending, i hate sad endings. 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

Just cannot imagine WS marrying YH! But they had many children together :w00t:

i can imagine he marry her.. but failed to imagine how they make it to do the other thing, make a baby with YH? i really can imagine it. 

Spoiler

another OOT  mian:

@KdramaSwimmer you know i always love Indian woman clothing, the color is so beautiful bright and eye catching.

@KdramaSwimmer the automatic translate page on your browser not working for the site? 

15 minutes ago, briseis said:

Hae Soo is giving So all those sideway glances and he tries so hard to pretend that he’s completely ignoring her, but failing miserably, because no matter what he is acutely aware where she is. He is sulking and giving her the silent treatment while she is trying so hard to make up with him. He is pushing her away to protect himself, but he just can’t stop being constantly drawn to her.

what a word.. why do i smiling from ear to ear reading this, very very well said love-you-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, glacial said:

okay guys, we have 11 episodes left. I am hoping episode 10,11,12,13 would be enough for soo to fall in love with So properly and surely and wook is out of the picture. Then episode 14,15,16 would be the climax of the show where all the turning point events happen, and then the last 4 episodes would wrap up everything properly and please please please hopefully its not a sad ending, i hate sad endings. 

I just checked my calendar and last ep, 20 will be on Oct 30. It will be one ep by itself. It will be a very odd solo ep.

Anybody know wats the drama supposed to take over this? 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

Hide contents

another OOT  mian:

@KdramaSwimmer you know i always love Indian woman clothing, the color is so beautiful bright and eye catching.

@KdramaSwimmer the automatic translate page on your browser not working for the site? 

no automatic translator no working on Mozilla... may be ill try with chrome if it works.

Spoiler

@dhia205

And thanks for the compliment about our clothing...yes thats make indian dressing a bit interesting... btw I love wearing Saree (our traditional wear) but its so difficult to drape that i hardly wore it three times in my life so far.. then too it was draped by another frnd..

@junee22 Unni... i did try that but its more of zigsaw puzzle trying to make a sentence of google translator so I gave up.. better be here than hiting head on translator.

@sooji28 lol.. i am not alone (obviously) all here are suffering with SHR addiction and with no cure in vicinity. So we can survive only by being here. more dose of SHR is the only way to treat this addiction

@solelylurking hey dear...i am all good. real life smooth as well (only speed breaker is this SHR addiction in my life). I'll surely join in after reading all the comments on the topic...:)

• Like 12

1 hour ago, fathiayunia said:

I wanna share something...

3 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THIS DRAMA

1. I :heart: the women on this drama. They're not shallow and weak and dependent, they're all deep and strong and also independent. Each has their own unique color but each stand strong on their own. I like that they're all mature women, even Eun's new wife (forgot her name). Even Queen Evil will be a badass woman if she is not evil!! LOL

2. I :heart::heart: this drama's cinematography!! Usually, I can always "feel" the feels(lol am I making sense?) of a filming set on a drama, esp. in a room. This drama though, looks natural and outstanding and so unreal it almost looks like they're filming on heaven. In my experience on watching KDrama (I've been watching since Song Hye Kyo's Full House so around 2006?) this drama has the most amazing cinematography, architecture, and landscape setting. Kudos to the teams!! Korea Tourism Department will be proud!! They should get ready for international tourist that's gonna attack the filming location after watching this drama. LOL

3. :heart: :heart::heart: this drama's wardrobe. I.want.one.of.those.pretty.hanboks.please.

There are many other things that I love about this drama, but those three reasons are the most eye catching for me.

This drama may have editing and OST issues at first but I'm proud they're wasting their production cost and create something amazing. And the story keeps on getting interesting. Though not that loved by Korea's ratings, it's still a very very beautiful drama, and I'm sure International fans appreciate and love it. ^_^

We share the same thought! 

Honestly, I am not overly concerned with rating since each individual have different taste or preference.  Korean audiences might have gotten used to their culture, environment and lifestyle so they may be looking for something unique in the dramas they're watching.  International audiences may have felt the same in their respective countries and found Korean drama/movie more interesting, that's why they're drawn to it.  We all love something new and different.  I am partly speaking by experience here :D  

Anyway, this is all about entertainment.  As long as it served their purpose of entertaining the audience, then for me it's worth the effort. 

Sometimes, I don't pay too much attention on the story since I knew that most of them are product of imagination only.  When based on historical facts, I welcome any interesting/artistic deviation for entertainment's sake.  Besides we are in modern times.  As long as it keeps me entertained, then it's worth watching.  If it doesn't make sense?  Welcome to life.... even in real life there are lots of things that doesn't make sense.  I just watch with understanding while laughing or crying with them, since those actors and actresses worked hard too & became part of my daily life already. :D

• Like 18

20 hours ago, brielover said:

We need to remember what Su's imperative is for being in Goryeo in the first place. 

"Save the boy."

That little boy's name was Eun Wol in modern Korea (his relatives call out to him by name). Su dives in to save him, the eclipse begins, time shifts, and she emerges from the water to find another Eun this time in Goryeo. A Eun that acts much younger than his age - a defining feature - to highlight his connection to that little boy in Korea. People blame Baekhyun for overacting, and he does, but he has also been directed to act in just this way. 

This helps explain to me why Eun gets  so much more screentime relative to the other princes. 

Eun Wol - the little boy in Korea - is likely a reincarnation of Eun, 10th prince of Goryeo. 

And Su's imperative remains. 

"Save the boy". 

Doesn't this give much more impact - and horror - to the vision she just saw?  She's been catapaulted to Goryeo perhaps for a variety of reasons (see my river-daughter post p 516 if you're interested in some mythical/historical possibilities), but her main and most immediate imperative is to save Eun. 

Nice catch. I'm really starting to think that names count, for the writer, since somebody else here has already pointed out a few days ago that Go Ha Jin's name might be related to the Hae family Hae Soo belongs to in the past, and to the foundation myth of Goryeo itself... I cannot find that post anymore (I'd need to set sail and navigate backwards through this infinite thread to spot it again), but I'm starting to connect the dots...

Can somebody help me in solving this mystery and figuring out what clues we might be missing?

2 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

Nice catch. I'm really starting to think that names count, for the writer, since somebody else here has already pointed out a few days ago that Go Ha Jin's name might be related to the Hae family Hae Soo belongs to in the past, and to the foundation myth of Goryeo itself... I cannot find that post anymore (I'd need to set sail and navigate backwards through this infinite thread to spot it again), but I'm starting to connect the dots...

Can somebody help me in solving this mystery and figuring out what clues we might be missing?

I really hope we're not reading too much into it... 

3 hours ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

reasons not to kiss her.

(insp.)

Lovely gifs... Who made them? :heart:

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

I think the pic that @bebebisous33 sent me via post can be an aid here. It shows Yo was kneeling, like getting arrested, while CP and the other princes is standing. So ther is a possibility they found out about Yo and mom from WS abd arrest them for treason. 

Are you sure Wook will apart of the jail break group? I think if he is to involve it will in the later part. If BA and WS wants some assistant(s) it will be more reasonable to ask Jung and Eun. But we can put Wook indeed because maybe WS still think Wook cares for HS because she was his family. But the problem is there is BA and that guy know about Wook and HS feelings for each other. Sure he doesn't know their current relationship but won't it be possible if he blurted it out to WS? A little too early? 

Well I just put Wook in the middle then. But the heart wrenching scream though... I still believe it has something to do with HS disappearance not about their marriage proposal status. Because in the long trailer he clearly looking like he's searching and can't find her. 

Where do you think BA will be taking HS to? BA is the most handsome guy in Goryeo and many people must have known him. It will be difficult for him to move far except in disguise but it will be hard to because it can rise a suspicion. The palace and whole nation must be in high alert like you say. Who else among the prince that has a wide connection with outside world? Eun's family and his wife family is powerful too. Maybe they have something to do with it? 

Oh thisnis exciting.

That makes sense. I can't imagine Wook not insisting on being the one to take Hae-soo away from the palace after the prison break given their relationship. You're probably right that he would be unaware of the escape plan until after it happens, and Soo is far far away. Besides, given that Wook is starting to be wary of So after Soo's hysterical behaviour in episode 9, it makes sense if he would be reluctant to allow So to be anywhere near the woman he loves. 

All of this has gotten me thinking that whatever it is that IU was hinting about that will happen in episode 11 will be a big game changer, and that perhaps it causes her to break up with Wook. That may also explain why Wook was screaming like that. Maybe this is also why he was desperately searching for her in the 6 minute preview. (He seems to be holding on to something in that short clip. Her pink skirt hanbok? Maybe? Like he was reminiscing about everything that happened since they fell in love.)

I can't imagine where Hae-soo can escape to though. Maybe the princes have a place ready somewhere. (Like in the original plan where they were planning to send her in episode 6 when she was trying to escape marriage.) 

• Like 9

omg I'm new here, but made an account just to spazzzzz lol.
After episode 8 and 9 i have officially jumped ship to SoSoo. I love Wook but i think i like Kang Haneul more hahah. I'm going to feel so conflicted in the next few upcoming episodes.
does anyone know who sings the OST during the kiss? So many feeeeeels

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

@dhia205 girl you made my day.... automatic translator worked on Chrome and everything is in English now.

Thank you so much dear.*hugs**kisses*

you're welcome.. but the translation still weird right? well at least no need to co-past to the translator :P

Spoiler

using saree just in special occasion right? that dress sims so heavy but beautiful 

9 minutes ago, novemberschopin said:

does anyone know who sings the OST during the kiss? So many feeeeeels

hi hi ...welcome dear... i also love that song, i don't know why so heart breaking. i have heard his voice before, but hardly to recall and named who is he. i'm crazily searching on my playlist because of that. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, qwenli said:

I really hate it when people keep saying this show is messed up and badly edited blah blah. If the ratings are good would people make such comments?

I challenge those that made such comments to specify the specific scenes that they "mess up". To me the only unforgivable mistake they made was using rap n english lyrics as ost for a historical. 

Some folks had already said that many popular shows has bad edits. In fact many popular shows are so bad towards the end because they rushed thru the production. Recent example: another dimensional travelling show with an alphabet for a title.

Some of the high ratings show in recent years are all fluff to me. Including one film in Greece about a soldier n a doctor, the medical depiction was greatly criticised there.

And I like to illustrate my case with the situation between Jan/ Feb 2015 where it was Punch vs Healer vs Shine or go Crazy.

Which is a better drama? Who got the highest ratings thru out it's run? It was Punch. Does it meant the other two dramas were crap?

Think about it, ratings reflect Korean taste at a certain time depending on what they had been watching, what was going on in their real environment at that time. Ratings also doesn't take into Koreans watching online outside of the broadcast time.

So if you genuinely think the show is messed up

A) state where, when and how or 

B). Stop watching this show, why waste yr time on crap.

And most of all just think twice before posting a negative comment, because as it is we are all watching a drama for entertainment and need whatever support we get here.

you have to let people have their freedom of opinion..

You can't get into moral policing or put up standards for people to appreciate or not appreciate a drama..

People watch for 1000 reasons.. maybe somebody is watching the whole series for their fav actor and is super irritated with the editing..or someone who likes this appraoch of direction and some don't..

If you ask people to stop watching..then probably they will ask you to stop reading the negative comments..

Argue on logical fallacies but not on dictating why what one likes , can like and can not..

Case in point: I found Healer to be an overly avg. drama.. there was nothing spectacular about it.. but does that mean that others who liked it are wrong? I love kill me heal me and there are others who did not enjoy.. are their choices wrong? So many many people find coffee prince over rated (and that drama is one of the most acclaimed dramas of all times).. are they wrong? I don't find LMH good looking, i think he is charismatic but not good looking now should i let fan groups run standards for my taste.. ofcourse not.. they can try working on their own tastebuds.. 

And like i said earlier,

advertisers are not in for charity, they are giving money to broadcaster so that their promotion is viewed by maximum people.. and hence concept of rating by medium...

Where is the logic in getting all angsty and blaming advertisers for not recognizing quality?

Face it..that's the harsh reality.. whatever gets them to make money.. and that is why everyone wants to such up to their respective fanclubs.. else what use are fans for? - power means, driving masses of people to buy, watch stuff that the actor associates with.. .too bad if your drama is high quality but does not garner eyeballs.. maybe over time, it will become a cult critical hit.. will be recognized for creative quality...without gaining public popularity during the run..e.g. Mobi dic .. its the perfect example .. how that book has become classic from being panned for its use of ornate language

• Like 10

Spoiler

@dhia205 we  have wide variety of Sarees depending on the fabric they made up of...

Heavy ones, like banarasi and silk etc for special occasions and light ones (made of chiffon, cotton) and other light fabrics for daily use....

4 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

One of the theory of why is Ha Jin got reincarnated to goryeo as Hae Soo is to redo the history. The theory is during HJ time, the history book will depict king GJong as a murderer of all of his brothers ie a 10/10 bad ruler. So when she got involve with WS (young King GJ), she tamed him with her love so a new history was rewritten. he was 'bad' but at a lesser scale - 5/10 maybe as in the real history now he did kill ..but only one brother and 2 nephews and some officials...

I forgot who put this theory up but thanks to him/her it is quite logical at the moment.

That theory makes sense...

And my take on the reason of time travel and why only HJ is related to re-incarnation of souls and how these souls find each other in all their lives they incarnated so far and in final life when they come together, meet and just become one. I know many people here will disagree or not like the theory but there is the only thing i could relate and write (hope no one will be offended or angry with me reading it)

This topic is pretty complicated and confusing to understand in just one reading. As it was related to my flashes/visions I did the online search almost 6-7 months (and many be more than that) to understand what it is (its like a vast ocean more you read more you drown in it).

1. What if Ha Jin of 21st century is re-incarnated self of HS of Goryeo. HS did have romantic connection with WS then and she knew all  that really happened with WS, the blood shed and how cruel he was (the real WS) and she was there to witness it all (and thats the reason she is getting those flashes just like you have watched a movie and many of its scenes gets recalled by your brain when you similar set up) but history books in 21st century portrayed him the worst, more cruel, more ruthless like exaggerating his villainous self and not mentioning his good traits. So she was sent back to make things in order to update current historical documents (not sure if that can happen but thats what i feel is possible)

2. And as we see HJ having flashes of WS (in Goryeo) means HJ-WS did have Soul Connections in past (and now too) and its time for their souls to meet in 21st century but she has forgotten him completely. So in order to make her recall all her love and life with WS (after being re-incarnated to his life multiple times she has forgotten about who she was when she really met her soul's other half) and now her souls  was transported back to Goryeo to re-live those moments, in that way when she comes back in today's life she will remember her Twin Flame, other half of her soul WS and how he looked.  And that way when they will meet (WS will have all memories intact) in 21st century both can identify each other immediately.

In above case JM was there witnessing all HS-WS love line in Goryeo and he worked his way to get HJ back there.( only if i consider him a frequent time traveler as per my earlier prediction coming back and forth between future and Goryeo)

Thanks for reading....Feel free to add your thoughts and correct if you find anything not in place.

• Like 21