[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Annyeong!!  It's almost time for episode 8! It's also time to continue showing our support via Twitter and Facebook.

Please don't forget: Our tagline in Hangul is very important , so if you retweet a post about SHR, always remember to include 

달의 연인-보보경심 려 or you can do #달의연인 #보보경심려

so that it will be included in any Naver search or trending activity. For us to be highlighted as I-fans, feel free to use English or your native language .

If you quote the tweet, don't forget the HT/Tagline ^_^

You can retweet my Tweet below. Or you can copy and paste the following into your Tweet:

@naver_diary @SBSNOW 달의 연인-보보경심 려 짱 \^0^/ <3 Re-tweet to show your support #ScarletHeartRyeo#MoonLovers #eclipseSHR

For Facebook, note the following:

For those of you who have FB accounts, please go to BOTH the SBS and Naver links below and post the following:

달의 연인-보보경심 려  짱 \^0^/  <3 Please like or repost to show your support #ScarletHeartRyeo #MoonLovers #eclipseSHR

Feel free to customize by adding to the message above...might be a good time to add your country. 

https://www.facebook.com/sbsnow?div=pc_facebook 

https://www.facebook.com/NaverMobile/?fref=ts

• Like 18

35 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Killed by WS execution...cant see anything better than this but i know a son like WS will not do it than suicide after seeing WS getting throne..

Could be "painful disease" ? She would not "Suicide", this type of women would not do anything that harmful to herself. WS still pay respect to his mother, although his mother is cold blooded. So, "Execution" can not be applied. "Assassination" urrr,...I think assassins could be killed before she gets killed......:lol: 

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Killed by WS execution...cant see anything better than this but i know a son like WS will not do it than suicide after seeing WS getting throne..

Painful, disfiguring disease. I don't want WS to get his hands dirty with her anymore. 

• Like 8

On 18 September 2016 at 2:08 PM, ChewyChocolate said:

The Concubine Oh is an enigmatic figure. She keeps her face still and schooled all the time, but there are moments when her eyes betray her  - a flicker here, a lowering of the lids there - to show that she knows everything that's going on, the carrying-ons between Wang Wook and Hae Su, for instance. I think she is going to be an important ally for Hae Su; she would probably be future Hae Su, who may become Wook's concubine later...not sure about Crown Prince and Concubine Oh's relationship....she seems very attached to him.

Yes! I also thought the same, that she (and jimong to certain extent) definitely will be her important ally, secretly looking out for her despite her cold exterior and the harshness of her words.
I believe Lady Oh will be like a strict motherly figure for her. Although according to the preview, she will scold her hard and even go as far as slapping her, I think it's her impetuous attempt to teach her a lesson. Because let's be real, haesoo do need to grow up, her impulsive and naivete ways will get her in bigger trouble next time. She try to warn her nicely before but it falls on haesoo's deaf ears and she stubbornly continues to behave the way she is. An act of tough love like this seems appropriate during turbulent time in palace. 
Before I delve further in to the topic, I'll try to describe her character in details, based on what we perceived so far, to give us more insight to her behaviour. 
Lady Oh Sanggoon: To clarify her status, She's the highest rank of Court Lady in charge of supervision of Damiwon palace (equivalent to royal butler). Yes, she's known as the King's past lover, but she's not his concubine. A concubine, acknowledge as part of royal family, will not receive that kind of treatment and also will not possess all the responsibilities Lady Oh has. It was subtly evident on episode 7 during her talk with Queen sinjeong, that although she's not part of the royal family she's welcome to visit royal physician anytime. Which also explain that her level of importance in Damiwon palace and King's fondness towards her do grants her special benefits. 
On the outside, she has a cold, timid, but charismatic personality. Her presence might be intimidating and she's known to be strict in disciplining her subordinate but deep down inside she really take care of them all and value their works. Her years of experience in palace is what taught her to behave that way. 
I believe her actions towards soo came from a good reasonable place, merely because she saw a lot of similarity in soo, in which haesoo reminds her with her past self, that droves her to be a little bit overprotective to her. In other words, Haesoo impulsive, nonchalant way brought out her maternal instinct especially knowing from her own experience. 
My guess is (take it with a grain of salt), long ago she was deeply infatuated with the king (not sure whether it was happened before or after he proclaimed as a king), innocently believed their love and at some point even contemplated to be his wife. But evil queen knew about their relationship and tried to prevent that from happening by threatened and terrorize her. When it didn't work, evil queen went as far as poisoning her. Her life was saved but it did traumatised her (she still suffering from the after-effect on her stomach). It got her reconsider and eventually declined his offer. But her feelings remains, and using her talent in medicinal herbs she chose to dedicate her life as a court lady, that way she can take care and watch him from a far. Her past relationship make everything extra hard for her, she faced many challenges to bid her stay in the palace. She learned the hard way that the only way to survive in heated palace politics and all its intricacies is by living quietly, be secretive, but fully aware of her surrounding. 
In haesoo she saw her idealistic younger self, and on the night of her "supposed" wedding, she witness what she capable of, her recklessness, her willingness to fight for her own free will, her desperate attempt to protect her dream. It completely flustered her, although she said she was foolish but deep down inside she admire her guts, something that she failed to do in her past. And when she saw how she looked at wook before closing the door, she knew it was for love, and respect her choice. 
The reason she slapped her is to get her back to her senses, be more careful about her action inside the palace. She's deeply concern about haesoo safety the moment she saw her confrontation with the evil Queen. Lady Oh knows that her survival is at stake the moment she falls under evil queen's radar. And to her, the best way to stay safe is to lay low and not being to closed with the Princes, but it's hard for haesoo to just accept her request as she already consider them all as her good friends. 
In haesoo's narrow minded perspective, Lady oh's angers feels unwarranted and misplaced because all she did is work hard and be a good person, she means no harm to anyone. She feels frustrated and mentally dejected by the confrontation. She fails to realise her good intentions, just like what wang so pointed out in episode 7 that Lady Oh actually saved her from the situation regarding crown prince's health. No matter how confident she feel with her skill, there are certain protocols need to be follow, if something goes wrong she will be punished heavily.
All in all, Lady Oh is there to helps her adapting life in palace, and to teach her life lessons, as haesoo still got plenty of things to learn to grow up.

• Like 22

19 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@briseis In your analysis of the finale scene, I disagree that Wang So thought, Hae Soo had betrayed him. Yes, he had that thought for one second, when Eun mentioned Hae Soo, however she had the time to object and say, that this was not what she meant. With this single sentence, Wang So understood after that, she was not involved in the trap. She got dragged into. He had this thought of betrayal for one second, but hearing Hae Soo's protest was enough to stop it. Sure, she couldn't explain herself because of Yo's intervention. Yet I think, So knows Yo pretty well enough to realise that he had used Hae Soo. The way Yo treated Hae Soo: "A court lady is not allowed to get involved..." is also an indication. Another clue that Wang So still trusts her is when she runs after him, he asked her if his brothers had not enough fun. He was not including her that she would enjoy making fun of him.  

i want to add a little about your post..

when HS go after WS he said 'why? do they want to play more jokes on me?' WS actually not including her in that sentence.. he knew that she have nothing to do its just she being used caused she the closest person to him.. 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Wake means here mourning, offspring means child/here son. @40somethingahjumma meant that the scar is a reminded that her husband wasn't hurt by the loss of his son. He got married, while she was mourning for the death of her son. For her, the scar illustrates how little her son meant to his father, how heartless he was to her and her dead son. For her, he was just greedy and selfish: his situation mattered more than his family.

Sorry, I hadn't read the phrase carefully and so I didn't understand it was about the evil queen... I got it later (and deleted my really dumb question). :-D

• Like 3

Guys we already in pages 493. I bet this pages will hit 550 until tomorrow morning :D:D 

gosj i feel my stomach filled up with butterflies and i cant hold my excitement. 

I am not able to watch it live since it's rain cat and dong here so i will rely on your recaps guys.

Lets see our beauty release the beast from the cage he endured for the rest of his life

• Like 11

Aigoo....I'm so excited for the next episode that I actually woke up 3 hours early so I can have a good internet connection to livestream.

I can't wait for HS-WS scenes....that preview was beautiful and a wonderful thing to wake up to:heart::heart:

PS. LJK and PBG are having a face-off right now......let's vote for our 4th prince http://www.hallyuvote.com/

• Like 11