[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Whoa, am gone a couple of hours and many on board.  I have got to cram everything i need to do before the ep starts, will certainly be here awaiting the recaps!   

I loved ep 14 if I give drama its medical leeway at the start.  The critical aspect of the episode is showing how Yoo and Anh both helped resolve regional as well as criminal issues, and when MY realized the kind of good that his difficult, life threatening job helped achieve, it reinforces the reason she chose to stay with him.  That is how I see it, in a nutshell.  

On to ep 15----mere hours from now.

• Like 13

@smiletall

you articulated exactly the way I felt with regards to episode 14 and KMY character.   :) 

'I'll leave it at that  some may not agreed with us and some do.   :)  

All in all best KDrama that I've followed , DOTS has brought out us hidden Soompi lurkers and fully engaged this forum. :)

Looking forward to last 2 episodes, we in for a ride and judging from KES radio interview it's going to a happy ending.

7 hours to go

Salute fellow troopers. :)

• Like 15

1 hour ago, angieknows_11 said:

To the bearers of awesome news above, THANK YOU! 

Now, I hope the Fretting Freddies and Negative Nancies will stop with all the malarkey about the damn rumored endings. This thread has wasted too many pages on those! 

And try to suspend disbelief! I mean, come on, we were taken to a fictional land of Uruk! ;) So, just enjoy the final 2 episodes of the show.

I could not agree more! For awhile there, I was getting a little annoyed with all the negativity. Be it a sad ending, I was just thinking to myself that well, it was very good drama and I enjoyed every single episode even if someone dies. However, I didn't want to get my hopes deflated over a spilled rumor. With that said, I did not get fazed. I have high hopes with this drama, remarkably thinking that it will be a good ending, a happy ending at that! I was super excited that KES gave us a little hint and enlightened us with what we're all hoping the end of the drama would be- A HAPPY ENDING! I will leave it at that and believe it!!! Hahaha! At least she has good senses, for sure she didn't want the whole korean and well, the whole asian countries (and other parts of the world) be in dismay - flak and slam her writing skills if she did otherwise.... that would be the end of her career (or not!)! LOL!

• Like 18

Jin Goo Shares His Thoughts on Ending of “Descendants of the Sun”

Jin Goo Shares His Thoughts on Ending of “Descendants of the Sun”

Recently, actor Jin Goo appeared as a guest on MBC FM4U’s “2 O’Clock Date With Park Kyung Lim,” and reveals how he personally feels about the upcoming ending of KBS2′s “Descendants of the Sun.”

The actor says, “The last episode of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ airs this week. Since filming ended several months ago, I don’t necessarily feel too sad or disappointed. I am feeling very thankful though, because I never expected this drama to do as well as it did.”

Host Park Kyung Lim then asks him what he thinks about the finale, to which he replies that he personally really likes the ending, and finds it satisfying.

Jin Goo has been careful to not give any spoilers away, and previously said that viewers will be satisfied with the ending as well, saying that it gets more and more interesting as it goes on.

Meanwhile, “Descendants of the Sun” has experienced immense popularity both domestically and internationally these last two months, earning its place as a “national drama.”

The last episode of “Descendants of the Sun” will air on April 14, with three specials airing next week.

source: http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/12/jin-goo-shares-his-thoughts-on-ending-of-descendants-of-the-sun/

• Like 18

47 minutes ago, angelineong said:

Good day, friends. So, I guess we were right. Happy ending.

Well, you guys can cancel your flight tickets to Korea now. You do not need to appear in front of KES doorstep for killing off Captain Yoo! 

Anyway, who would want to sign up a "DEAD" ambassador for Korea Tourism. If he dies, each time we see SJK with Korea's president, we will definitely "remember" KES.

I am really with you in this.. Hahahahh I can already imagine an entire crowd of protesters infront of KBS building demanding for KES life and a refund for all our wasted time just to witness a dead YSJ. I mean what could kill our daewinim? Absolutely not raining bullets.. Rofl.

• Like 13

Just done backreading, so happy the tread is so lively and kicking :D 

And so happy to read the discussion about ep 14, far more enjoyable than to read the ending speculation, spoilers etc. keep it up guys, I am not good with words so it's difficult for me to join in the discussion, but I love your opinions, I really do. I hope to read more and more insights that will make me understand more on the characters. This is what make a good discussion :D 

And thanks so much @missandrea and @MAROSA_JIN  for bringing writer-nim interview, haha, she is so funny, I think she has to consider immigrating to Mars if she dare to give a bad ending for this drama. People around the globe will be so mad at her, lol, just kidding.

@miss sojisub yes I really hope they will show us more on SJ and DY bromance and how start their deep friendship, I just love their bromance. I can already imagine in KBS Award, best couple award goes to: SJK-SHK, JG-KJW and SJK-JG :D 

Today is Wednesday? The first time I am not really anticipating this day, I just don't want DotS to end... I'm nervous for tonight episode. I want tomorrow at this time we are here discussing on their multiple kissing scenes, lol. 

• Like 20

Writer of 'Descendants of the Sun' talks about the upcoming ending

misc_1460520161_af_org.jpg

The final episode of 'Descendants of the Sun' is approaching, and many viewers are dying for the ending. On KBS1 radio 'Hello, This is Hong Ji Myung', Kim Eun Sook, who is the writer of the trending drama, talked about this topic.

Many netizens worry that Kim Eun Sook's drama might end with a bizarre twist like it did on 'Lovers in Paris'. Kim Eun Sook commented, "I've heard that people think that the whole story is Yoo Si Jin's dream in the end. If that is the case then I might really need to immigrate to another country, because I would not be able to live in Korea."

She continued, "Viewers gave me trouble for my endings in the past. I don't think I want to make the same mistake again. I want to tell viewers to not to worry and watch the final episodes."

The last episode is airing on April 14. What are your guesses on the ending?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/writer-of-descendants-of-the-sun-talks-about-the-upcoming-ending

HAPPY ENDING!!!

• Like 16

2 hours ago, bakegyamon said:

For sure, the medical aspect of ep 14 was a little bit weird.

1. CPR is done 30 compression:2 breath for asystole patients (flat ECG shown at the monitor).

2. There were 2 conditions for cardiac arrest 1. shockable (Ventricular fibrillation and Ventricular tachycardia pulseless) and 2. non shockable (asystole and PEA). In the drama, we were shown that his heartbeat was asystole. In real condition, doctor will start to do CPR (without DC shock).

3. KMY showed a hopeless try after only 6-9 CPR, in real condition, this must be done 10-15 minutes before stopping it.

4. Did you see that the cast in YSJ arm was not at there when he saved the NK soldier? In real condition, we must have use a drill to break the cast.

5. YSJ got many of gun shots and he was not being operated at all?

Wahhh.... I'm glad that i'm not the only one think that .... Too much grey's anatomy make me think all the medical scene and injury in dots are their weakest point. But thanks drama God saved it with JJANG STORYLINE AND CASTS :blush:

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, andy78 said:

The final episode of 'Descendants of the Sun' is approaching, and many viewers are dying for the ending. On KBS1 radio 'Hello, This is Hong Ji Myung', Kim Eun Sook, who is the writer of the trending drama, talked about this topic.

Many netizens worry that Kim Eun Sook's drama might end with a bizarre twist like it did on 'Lovers in Paris'. Kim Eun Sook commented, "I've heard that people think that the whole story is Yoo Si Jin's dream in the end. If that is the case then I might really need to immigrate to another country, because I would not be able to live in Korea."

She continued, "Viewers gave me trouble for my endings in the past. I don't think I want to make the same mistake again. I want to tell viewers to not to worry and watch the final episodes."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/writer-of-descendants-of-the-sun-talks-about-the-upcoming-ending

HAPPY ENDING!!!

Kekekekekekekekek so happy..... Even KES has awareness that she need to write it in a very DILIGENT AND PLEASANT WAY to keep her safety living in Korea after dots end tomorrow.

thank you @andy78 this is a very good news :) 

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, andy78 said:

HAPPY ENDING!!!

SEE PEOPLE! We need to trust in our Writer-nim! She knows that if anything bad happens to our leads, she'll have to ask political assylum to Timbuctu, which is possibly the only place on the planet where no one has heard of DotS.

Everything is going to be okay. Let's all rejoice that we're finally going to find out what sort of happy ending we'll be getting for these characters we've all learned to love. So I will remain positive until I'm proven wrong. DotS Troopers: FIGHTING!

• Like 18

3 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Many netizens worry that Kim Eun Sook's drama might end with a bizarre twist like it did on 'Lovers in Paris'. Kim Eun Sook commented, "I've heard that people think that the whole story is Yoo Si Jin's dream in the end. If that is the case then I might really need to immigrate to another country, because I would not be able to live in Korea."

She continued, "Viewers gave me trouble for my endings in the past. I don't think I want to make the same mistake again. I want to tell viewers to not to worry and watch the final episodes."

she crack me up:lol: it seems she has good sense of humor haha. jin goo said the ending will be refreshing, manager genie (sorry i don't remember his real name) said it will be lovey dovey and now the writer herself told us not to worry so even there's some sad/suspense scene in the upcoming episodes before ending i will watching it while repeating "happy ending, happy ending" mantra:glasses: 

it won't make sense that this drama will end with sad ending tbh. the tone for this drama from eps 1-14 are mainly romantic and funny with a bit of suspense so how weird that suddenly it end with sad ending:huh: although actually i'm hoping for a wedding military style for my otp but i'm still happy if nobody dies or my otp don't separated in the end.

• Like 15