[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

5 hours ago, beanizbaby said:

I also agree that YSJ the soldier would not be my first choice of boyfriends.  He is perfect as a soldier...willingness to die and sacrifice all for his country.  At the same time, it is probably a realistic portrayal of what a relationship might look like between an elite solider and his significant other.  

How can a country depend on its elite soldiers if they are hesitant to protect their country and its people because they are worried about dying and bringing pain and loss to their loved ones.  They can't have those thoughts when they are on the battlefield.  Therefore, I believe that YSJ really loves KMY; however, I strongly believe that she will never come first for him, because of his job.  If the country calls, he will go, regardless of KMY's concerns or fears.  The only way he will put her first is if he decides to quit his job as an elite solider.  But he has to make that decision out of his love for her and realizing that ultimately, his love for his country and woman can never be the same if he remains a soldier.  

The show has given me a new appreciation for the many soldiers that serve our countries and the sacrifices they must go through for the sake of protecting their country.  It makes me wonder the true meaning behind this drama.  When the writers wrote this, what are they really hoping to highlight and achieve?

Thats true,because of DOTS too I do more googling and booking about special force in my country.And they had been exist in real life.When there aeroplane or ship piracy,it will be special force duty to free the hostages.And because of they are "special force" they have to be "special man" too.There are special ways to be bulletproof too.So someone like capt.Yo who bulletproof and who has special ability had been exist in real life too,I wonder.But so pretty like SJK......I doubt it :P

• Like 20

3 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

Hmm are those pics of Ji Won from a pictorial or from DOTS? She has a ring on her finger also....but her hair is long so????

as much as i would LOVE for there to be a wedding between SDY and YMJ i'm 99% sure those are shots from a pictorial. although it's not obvious her matching jewelry set seems to be the focus so i'm guessing they're from her photoshoot for mollis

i'd love to see a wedding for either of the couples tho! 

• Like 7

This week will b the last 2 episode...yes I'm sad since this my my favourite drama...

I drastically fall into DOTS...

But it's not the end for me...The character will always live in my fantasy...*sound weird but it's true*:D:wub::D:wub:

• Like 10

I am so hoping for this drama to have happy ending. Just before this I've watched Reply 1988 and Cheese In The Trap. I was super mad when Doksun husband was Taek though I believe it should Jung Hwan and the ending of CITR was enough to make me flip my laptop and table!! 

so for this masterpiece DOTS, I pray for our Song-Song couple to have happy ending. Its not fair for SDYxYMJ only have happy ending right?? 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, angieknows_11 said:

To be honest, a large part of me has somewhat avoided this thread because of the rampant discussions about the rumored ending. Since such talk is unavoidable, it was better for me to loiter my carcass in a more uplifting thread (KiKyo!). This way, it also hasn't taken away from my experience of enjoying the show. I'd rather be ignorant of possible spoilers and just take in the show as is. People often wonder why this drama is number one when its plot is flimsy and the story has become a bit disjointed lately, but I think DOTS is popular because ultimately, it is simply entertaining.

I'm about to break an unspoken rule between bloggers ... Thou shalt not talk smack ... but

Sorry to cut your post. I completely agree with you. Totally contradict to my love and addiction, I've had to avoid this thread for days because of all those annoying ending rumour and guessing posts. Despite countless times and countless people have already said that's baseless and just stupid, some people just keep posting, I don't understand them, at all. So:

Posters, though it's your right to post what you want, I want to say that it annoyed the heck out of me and ruined my many days, hope you're happy with all your pointless posts. Yes I'm being bitchy. :angry:

That koala blog/blogger, you went to my blacklist, forever. You got no respect from me, none. Won't even waste my time writing about you anymore.

My chingus, last night I just caught some great posts here that made me have to resurface and write something. I'd love love love to continue the discussion. But WHY?? those rumour posts came back again?? You people haven't had enough?? So I think I have no choice but avoiding this thread again, or else it'd totally ruin my last 2 days with DotS. Will be back after ep16 finishes and no doubt will go on ranting about our daebak drama! I hope our thread comes back to the awesome side by then! :tears::tears:

#DotSFinale #Only36HoursLeft? #IDontThinkICanSurviveThis :tears:

• Like 24

2 hours ago, melissala said:

They are trolling with this sad ending too much for it actually to happen.  It's gonna be sappy and cute.  

You can't fool me.

give me 5 chingu! you can't fool me with that bait again meh. i'm 1000% believe it will be happy ending;)

right now i'm more concern about the camp scene and "we don't say we love each other but we prove it through our bodies" line.

will our otp give us romantic scene or we get troll again by writer-nim?:lol:

• Like 13

Just drown the phone in the bathtub YSJ!  Who is anticipating this scene?  #DOTSFever - hope they give a scene that makes me blush a lot!

viewimage.php?id=26bfc335f0dc&no=29bcc42

CRTO of bathtub fan-edit.

Spoiler

HyeKyo's message on her IG previous post below asking fans to give remaining 11.12.13.14.15.16  lot of love and attention !

As HyeKyo has asked, I will give it lots of love and attention to the remaining 2 episodes too.

I agree the new stills look solemn but so was the shocking look of a lifeless bloody YSJ so I'll await for the writers to tell the story and watch it with sub first this time before deciding if an open or sad ending is acceptable and justifiable (if they take that route) but for me I love a happy ending much more so I'm rooting for that...

• Like 21

59 minutes ago, bakegyamon said:

Sorry OOT, i wonder who is shin ji young, if i am not mistaken remembering her name, that stewardess that sent package to YSJ and SDY?

Shin Ji Young is SDY niece who work as stewardess. The one that sent the package that made the boys run for their lives but they were too late to save the package from the girls. She is YSJ blind date partner. The one on the left who is cute (as YSJ said :D)

• Like 10

I tried not to think too much of the upcoming remaining episodes so I diverted my attention to my other fave drama starring my other fave OTP - Shark which I've watched several times already.  However, I can't help but sneak in here and find out if the YES he will die and NO he will not are still the hottest topic.  Luckily, I didn't have the time to backread so I scratched the issue off my mind.

I will focus on what is coming up - whatever the ending is, I will be happy since I was so entertained while watching.  I enjoyed the comedic scenes provided by SongSong, the love story provided by GooWon and all the action provided by the good-looking cast head by Capt. Yoo SiJin, the Alpha Team and not to forget the rock fish face Lt. General.

Everyone, let's all cheer on for the entire DOTS cast and crew.  Hwaiting!!!!!!

• Like 7

No matter how hard, how far ahead I try to prepare myself, I still cannot imagine my life with YSJ dead. How am I to re-watch all the sweet scenes and bromance when at the end, he is dead.. Please don't do this to us, KES! :confounded:

• Like 4

@smiletall

Didn't quote your original post cos I read it off @happifruit's response to your post.

I rather disagree that KMY was robbed of that opportunity to be the "heroine" in episode 14. She was tasked to treat the more critical patient first, and she did administer CPR to revive him. It was time critical and she knew it. Some may think it overly basic as a skill relegated perhaps only to paramedics and nurses, but precisely that she took it upon herself (in her very small frame) to give it all she could to revive his heart manually after the defibrillator shocks didn't work was to me very significant. She did save him with all her might under a circumstance which required very quick thinking and medical decisions to be made. The statistics against how many die because CPR was not timely, appropriately or accurately performed in real life is staggering. Studies have suggested that most doctors/medical professionals actually don't try very hard with CPR and think it's a waste of time, so the percentage of CPR survivors remains low. With these medical stats against her, and the practice being largely regarded by the profession as a "waste of time", that KMY went ahead despite the odds (and we see the rest of the medical team with her being pretty much hopeless too - Lee ChiHun was ready to pronounce him dead - "his vitals...") is a show of the same level of commitment he showed her when she was kidnapped and his commanding officer refused to approve a rescue mission. He took it upon himself against the odds as well to save her. 

I think both characters are equally matched in this regard. 

• Like 24