[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

7 hours ago, viyra said:

Capt. Yoo Si Jin got ordered by the Comander NOT to interfere or meddle with the Argus affairs.  Will YSJ disobey military rules/order again since this time, it involves the woman he cares about? Or - will the commander retract his order since it now involves the life of his daughter?  

i think this will be ruled out of formal action... as we seen the alpha team dressed in black at the preview.. once again to attack the Asparagus gangs ... i believe the mission is to get the medication and save the captain also.... with her daughter condition and what ruckus happen because of that diamonds i think general Yoon will not take the option as disobey orders.... 

one of the lines in the preview is "they seem to know our military strength" and that said either by SDY or YSJ... and it means (I predict) about the Asparagus gangs already having knowledge about the platoon inside YSJ base command. i feel a little worried about this. i hope the alpha team along with the soldiers can kick their butt

• Like 10

6 hours ago, andy78 said:

It was hard to imagine Song, who has a somewhat delicate image, taking the role of a soldier. But when I saw him wearing the military uniform for the dress fitting, I slapped my knees saying that the drama is going to be a success.

sorry to cut the post...

but it is also so hard for me now for not imagining him in a military uniform..... thank you for making SJK the man in every ladies brain right now...

• Like 12

1 hour ago, happifruit said:

On a whole ‘nother note, does anyone else feel like Daniel might be hiding something?

i do.... its too weird for having UN medic volunteer come to many funerals with one of them killed everytime.... he said to KMY that he met YSJ in funeral.... they are funeral member team.... even the convo between Daniel and Ye Hwa the night Daniel come back to their house gave a little clue that both of them is not "a regular UN medic volunteer" when Daniel told Ye Hwa that their friend already "back to his place" i notice Ye Hwa reaction is odd.

and knowing that Daniel that banned to enter Korea.... i think he has something hidden.

• Like 11

Daniel....why do I get the feeling that he is undercover and observing Argus?   How is he both a doctor and mechanic  and  have a store front with Ye Hwa, who is both a nurse and accupuncturist, and that both know guns as peacekeepers?  And he is on a one-year sabbatical.    Why are they conveniently near the place where Argus is?   

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, miss sojisub said:

i do.... its too weird for having UN medic volunteer come to many funerals with one of them killed everytime.... he said to KMY that he met YSJ in funeral.... they are funeral member team.... even the convo between Daniel and Ye Hwa the night Daniel come back to their house gave a little clue that both of them is not "a regular UN medic volunteer" when Daniel told Ye Hwa that their friend already "back to his place" i notice Ye Hwa reaction is odd.

and knowing that Daniel that banned to enter Korea.... i think he has something hidden.

Is Daniel banned from entering Korea? This couple is indeed very odd. I wonder what they will reveal to us in the remaining 6 episodes. They don't look like they're just another addition to the cast.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, enzek said:

@sanaeozora you're analysis is great thanks:) but as @larienssi said:

this what i feel too. not that i said si jin not serious with his feelings but before this he know about it but kinda avoid to deal about this aspect. so i hope next ep will deal with how they stick together as a couple despite any problem and confront with this issue. but i like the flirty and playfulness in his character. also his cheesy dialogues:P totally different from the usual broody and cold but heart of gold chaebol hero. and no matter what, i love si jin and mo yeon so much and i'm their hardcore shipper:wub: 

I think rather than YSJ being not serious about the dangers of his job, it's more like he knows it's something he cannot avoid, and he knows that it's something that will burden KMY. But I feel like he was pursuing her because he felt so strongly about her that he was hoping she'd return those same strong feelings, and that will help her overcome her fears about his job. 

One thing that I noticed or that I found interesting in this series is that in essence, YSJ and KMY is an example of the age old cliche of insta-love. YSJ saw KMY once and he pretty much fell at first sight. If this was any other drama/writer/actors, it might not be so believable that after spending less than 20 hrs together (hospital first meeting + 2 unsuccessful dates), 2 grown people would still have lingering feelings for each other for 8 months. But I don't really see anyone complain about the implausibility of that. Either because 1) KMY is played by SHK and if anyone can make a man fall insta-love with her, it's that kind of beauty. 2) SJK who plays YSJ is so cheeky and such a good flirt that we really don't care.

Either way, this is an amazing drama! <3

• Like 15

@happifruit Absolutely loved the way you broke it down. Honestly, knowing that KES wrote Heirs (and I absolutely could not stand the show because of how the female lead was treated by the men in that show), I almost wrote this drama off. I'll admit it - the trailers with SJK got me. Too fine a specimen, again I say. Too, too fine. 

I think I liked it too when he showed some worry on his face that she might be going back to Korea when he asked if her name was on the list of passengers returning, as well as that look of slight confusion when she said no - he had been rejected so many times, could she really be doing this because of him? Ah... it all seems so perfect. But isn't this exactly how we want the romances to be like? So different from how she wrote Heirs. A man who knows how to take charge of the situation when it calls for it, but also one who knows how to respect a woman as equal. Swoony swoon swoon...

• Like 12

22 hours ago, doctor23b said:

1030 is the passcode, i literally cannot stop when she said it contains all the naughty files since when he was 10 years old to 30 years old hahahahha. i just burst out laughing! I think its a dedication and collection of all her photos he had been secretly collecting.

oh, i think you are right! it could be a collection of Nurse Ha's photos. :)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Carin UM said:

Mianhee before.......but in Secret Garden as I recall,That woman who always protect the man,Gil Ra Im always protect Kim Jo Won since the first accident even her father protect him^_^:blink::blink:

Two of the above mentioned drama are just my all-time faves..! Adding to that is the Gentlemen's dignity... And now this DOTS..! KES is indeed very talented... You'll fall in love over and over to who ever play in her work... Oh, the plus points of course is that they are all goof looking guys...thats beyond questions...! 

• Like 6

I saw some comments or comparison to TVN's Signal. I am watching this drama now and it's good. It very gripping and mysterious. It's definitely a good drama. But it's silly to compare them because genre is just different.

Whatever is it, both are good dramas. *thumbs up*

I feel KES do better w more mature love lines. Heirs just *cough**cough*. Gentlemen's Dignity was funny. Refreshing as most drama don't focus on older men or women.

• Like 10

Maybe it is because epiosde 9 and 10 have so many cute and sweet scenes, waiting for episode 11 did not seem so excruciating this time round, especially when the preview just seems so dark. Just surprised that Miyeon was kidnapped so quickly since we have 6 episodes left. But well, i think after resolving the epidemic and the kidnapping issue, the episodes left  is probably time for them to resolve their problems or issues.  I don't wish for much, but a happy ending please!!! 

Just curious, Mi Yeon received that golden business card from the Arabs which she had not used it yet right? Hopefully she will put it to good use!! 

• Like 10

Hurry up guys! This is your chance! Oh, how I wish I could enter and if only I live there! Gaaaah!

http://theseoulstory.com/news-super-viu-x-descendants-of-the-sun-contest-superviudotsfan/

[NEWS] Super Viu x Descendants of the Sun Contest #SuperViuDOTSFan

SuperViuDOTSFan

With ‘Descendants of the Sun’ fever sweeping across Asia, the hit drama has spawned millions of viewers all over the region. Are you a fan of the suave soldier Captain Yoo Shi-jin (Song Joong-ki) or savvy surgeon Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-gyo)? Viu Singapore is giving 2 lucky winners a chance to meet these top A-list Korean stars in Hong Kong through their Super Viu x Descendants of the Sun Contest! The most creative entry wins :)

The highly-coveted Prize Package (2 winners) includes:

• 1 x return flight to Hong Kong plus accommodation, both stipulated by PCCW Media.
  • 1 entry pass to Descendants of the Sun promotional event in Hong Kong.

How to participate:

1. To be eligible for the contest, you have to be a registered Viu member (register at viu.com or via the Viu app, which can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play Store) and follow Viu Singapore on at least 2 of Viu Singapore’s social platformsFacebook page, Twitter or Instagram.
  2. Take a screenshot of your favourite scene in Descendants Of The Sun on Viu (either on viu.com or the Viu app) and tell us in no more than 20 words, why you are the biggest fan of Viu and Descendants of the Sun!
  3. Send your entry to contest.sg@viu.com together with your name, NRIC number, the name/ID of your social account used to follow Viu Singapore’s account, and email address used to register as a Viu member (if you have registered via Facebook, please provide us the email address you are using for your Facebook). The format is as follows:

Name:

NRIC No.:

Social Account ID (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram):

Viu-Registered Email:

Why are you the Super Viu x DOTS Fan? :

TIP! Want to increase your chances of winning?

• Follow, Share, Comment, Retweet, etc – (Catch our eye, but do not spam!)
  • Share and tag your friends on your entry (without your personal details) with the hashtag #SuperViuDOTSFan

The contest ends on 29 March 2016, 11:59pm (SGT). Results will be announced on 1 April 2016 on Viu Singapore’s Facebook page.

***For the full list of terms and conditions, visit the contest page here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/viu-singapore/contest-details-of-superviudotsfan-giveaway/1708031306078982

PATRONISE US: http://www.theseoulstory.com/
TWEET US: http://www.twitter.com/theseoulstory
‘LIKE’ US: http://www.facebook.com/theseoulstorydotcom
WATCH US: http://www.youtube.com/c/theseoulstory

• Like 10