[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Talking about womance, how can we forget the friendship between dr Kang and dr pyo? The one in wheelchair. She was worried sick for dr Kang when she couldn't get her and the only one that send her a parcel from Korea 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, lilhanh said:

I've gone to a whole 'nother level of obsession and have now rewatched the episodes from 1-10 for the umph time.  Lord, I'm really losing it.  Good news with this rewatching business is that I actually uncovered a few new things I've missed the first few time:

SJ really sucks with his timing...and while this has been mentioned before, I never realized how bad he was until I've watched the whole series in one shot.

yeah he's really had bad timing of confessions and not to mention si jin and mo yeon so busy with their job. like they said:

DFTS6-00044.jpg

IF YOU'RE A SOLDIER, YOU MUST NOT HAVE A GIRLFRIEND SINCE YOU WORK HARD

IF YOU'RE A DOCTOR, YOU MUST NOT HAVE A BOYFRIEND SINCE YOU'RE BUSY

my favorite quotes ever! their interaction in this scene make me fall in love and ship them so hard!

Spoiler

http://res.heraldm.com/phpwas/restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=201512291740436383016_20151229174516_01.jpg

Thank goodness for the speaker and accidental confession.  With the way these 2 were going, we'd probably would never see them on the same page till the last episode!:P

yeah we should thank dr daniel for that

https://41.media.tumblr.com/e60ea6d66983997cac2da5c4e30fda77/tumblr_o4so3uRfBb1tjt42ro1_540.jpg

"MUSIC REALLY CHANGE A LOT OF THINGS":P

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeZssHaUkAA6QlD.jpg

by the way, i'm curious, which picture that si jin that make angsty while looking at it?

this one?

Spoiler

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/12501634_1769685326597384_232490570_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIxNjE5NTQxMzI1MDU0MDQ1OA%3D%3D.2?dl=1

or this?

Spoiler

http://cdn.kpopfighting.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/75830-408144.jpg

or this one?

Spoiler

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu26/dramabeans/drama/2016/DescendedfromtheSun/DFTS5/DFTS5-00020.jpg

or maybe this one?

Spoiler

https://befunkycartoonizer.s3.amazonaws.com/C3276303-1459178447801729large.jpg

what do you think guys?

and when will we see our sexy captain and his loyal sergeant in this uniform again? *pout*

Spoiler

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QhOZh93sWhc/Vs7RDRfLwAI/AAAAAAAACa0/TXtqDtnJ9qg/s320/Descendant%2BOf%2BThe%2BSun%2BEpisode%2B1-6.png

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/ockoala/Song%20Joong%20Ki/Descendants%20of%20the%20Sun/DotS1.mkv_000208075.jpg

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/ockoala/Song%20Joong%20Ki/Descendants%20of%20the%20Sun/DotS1.mkv_000133000.jpg

all picture credit to owner

• Like 21

7 hours ago, happifruit said:
  1. And our favourite confession! …and the lead-up to that glorious kiss!

After all of this back-and-forth, we finally get the real first confession of her feelings, and although he is extremely pleased and now it’s no longer a secret, I love the way that he handles it. When he confronts her, he doesn't go “STOP SAYING NO TO ME! YOU KNOW YOU LOVE ME AND NOW EVERYONE KNOWS SO JUST SAY YES ALREADY!!!”, but more like a gentle chiding “Stop dumping me…how many times have you dumped me, now?’ She asks him to let go, and he does, even though he knew she would run off. Instead of embarrassing her to death with it and holding it over her (“Don’t be embarrassed; I like you more”), he adorably lets her deny it and waits patiently to hear it from her for real. He keeps her dignity intact, and waits until she finally (!) tells him her true feelings before kissing her again.

Wow.... How we love this drama!

I agree with you. According to Thich Nhat Hanh monk: it's understanding & love :). (Wow I quote even a famous monk idea here :D)

When we really love someone, we lovely think of him, try to understand him. Sometimes, we understand & feel his pain even more than he does.

I think, SJ respects, is ready to understand what she feels, what she thinks. He does not try to kiss her more or something, just to satisfy his willing, but care about what she feels more. It's deep love, when our egos are disappeared, instead we care for others.

And it's like that when we, the audiences, analyses the drama to the details. Cause we love it.

The entire time, even when he is initiating the conversations, she is in control of where the conversation goes, how far it goes, and when it needs to stop. I can't think of an example where he steamrolls over her boundaries, or brushes off her feelings, or demands that she moves her bottom line. He only ever goes as far as she is comfortable, and as soon as she isn't, he stops. As much as he tells her what he wants, he waits to hear what she wants. I can't tell you how powerful it is to see this in a K-drama.

Yes! It's called "surrender" (in philosophy according to Eckhard Tolle :)), let her be herself, let her be free, I think.

He's so patient, because he loves. It must bring MY the warm, safe, peaceful feelings.

The writers should be careful when she writes. Because the drama lovers like us will analyses that deep :D

I myself wondered, observed why I'm so much in love with this drama like that?

And so far, I realize that: the writer created the situations that we all like to be in. Girls so focus on watching the film will have the feeling as if they're MY.

- We maybe all like to have such a wonderful guy like SJ (handsome, very good, admirable at his job...) , teases, adores,  is very patient with & respects for...

- He is hurt when she refused. Then he keeps distance from her for a while. Then he keeps on teasing her when they're near each other in Uruk (because he loves :))

- So deep inside, he always adores her. In his eyes, she is always beautiful, kind-hearted. Even after a long operation, with not washed hair, no makeup, she is maybe more beautiful, because he adores her passion for her job.

- when they're near each other, MY gestures usually makes SJ smile. He usually find it funny or lovely...

- Deep inside us maybe, we all want to be beautiful, so passion for our job, try hard for something we want regardless of difficulties, then success, & also to be loved by the colleagues around.

For conclusion, I think, we all want to be a beautiful one, inside & outside, dare to live passionately & strongly & get success like MY. And people around us, especially some beloved, confident one always realizes, adores this beautiful us.

If so, I think, under what we do everyday, which maybe does not resonate fully with our desires, we have a passion & warm heart inside, just want to bloom.

Edited by hmrhn
  • Like 19

Aiyo some ppl - Signal is already in the past - It's history .... and it was not aired at the same time, why even the comparison? ... Totally in different slot targeting different set of viewer and definitely different genre ...

You can't compare Justin Bierber and Pavarotti .....  and signal is totally fantasy (??? - Haven't watch but read the synopsis detective from two different time communicate through a walkie talkie?) .. Though DOTS is also a fantasy drama but within the realm of reality ..

• Like 11

6 hours ago, larienssi said:

A very insightful view, one I have not thought of about Si Jin. Thanks for this. But just to clarify, I got the impression that Si Jin's love isn't as mature as Mo Yeon's because so far, show is not showing it to us that way it did with Mo Yeon, kind of like the way there is not so much back story on Mo Yeon as it did with Si Jin and Myung Ju and Dae Young, and not because I didn't think he was mature or whatnot because of him being playful, I think his being playful is just one aspect of his personality, which I like very much as it creates some balance with Mo Yeon, and has nothing to do with him not thinking about the relationship, because I believe he does, though not expressly, because that is probably how his character was crafted. As few commented here, the past episodes enormously showed Mo Yeon's growth, how she eased herself into the aspects of a relationship with Si Jin and finally accepting him. The first half, I saw the show as Mo Yeon on a journey towards Si Jin, Si Jin was on the other end, like a destination, at least that's how I saw it. And it is only in the Episode 9 that I saw him expressly and directly speaking up about the relationship in terms of how Mo Yeon dealt with it, he asked Myung Ju whether Dae Young's job bothers her. Yes, in the earlier episodes, he intimated that Mo Yeon will always get the upper hand in the relationship because of his job, which showed that he was thinking of the relationship, too, but then again he tried to avoid the topic, when Mo Yeon tried to ask that aspect of the relationship, and did not deal with it, and have not seen him pick up from that since, but correct me if I am wrong. It was Mo Yeon who slowly dealt with it herself, rejecting him several times because she needed time to think. What I love about your comment is that now I realised that while Mo Yeon was easing her way to him, Si Jin was waiting, and he could have given up on her, but he didn't and to wait for someone to decide to love you back is one of the hardest experiences to go through, so Si Jin didn't go through any less of a hardship than Mo Yeon, and I concur that that somehow shows maturity on Si Jin's end. Mo Yeon's journey to accepting Si Jin in contradistinction to Si Jin's waiting for her. That's my take away. Thanks for this insight. Show is definitely character driven. 

See, if you mean the conversation they had after the funeral, I can guarantee you they wil probably never deal with that aspect of Shi-jin's job, at least not in this stage of their relationship. The reason is simple: people with life threatening jobs don't usually like talking about it very much, this is the reason racing drivers rarely visit each other at the hospital, as it is a reminder of what could happen to them. Just as soldiers don't talk about how dangerous their line of work is, except perhaps to their families but mostly to reassure them rather than to make them even more anxious. So, maybe in the future, once they are married, there will be that sort of talk between them, but for now I doubt it, after all, Mo-yeon knows too much and has seen enough to have figured it all out by herself. And luckily for Shi-jin, she seems to have accepted it. Last but not least, as you said, we have only seen her journey into this acceptance because like I said, he was more than ready already. He was waiting till she got to the same place he is. And now of course there could be the case were she overtakes him and gets to a higher/further stage and then we'll see him having to catch up, who knows what's in store for those two?

• Like 16

28 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

Aiyo some ppl - Signal is already in the past - It's history .... and it was not aired at the same time, why even the comparison? ... Totally in different slot targeting different set of viewer and definitely different genre ...

You can't compare Justin Bierber and Pavarotti .....  and signal is totally fantasy (??? - Haven't watch but read the synopsis detective from two different time communicate through a walkie talkie?) .. Though DOTS is also a fantasy drama but within the realm of reality ..

Totally agree! why bother drag signal into dots. It's the matter of people's preference. We can't force someone to watch it & people watch dots because it's a good drama. so, let's just chill & relax, just enjoy the show :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SunnySun26 said:

Mod edit: Do not quote photos/videos.

I just want to say... Gummy's voice is superb . Her voice when singing live has no different from recorded. PERFECT!! Her voice just touched me and I got tear in my eyes when listen to it, and a lot of Dots scene flash thru my mind... 

• Like 3

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 8:19 PM, thelittleclouds said:

Anyway related to my last post, when do you think the date was? Is it after their first break up in Korea or after the rejection in Urk?

i think that was from the first break up when the general gave them 2 weeks, because of the 3 comrades piccolo, snoopy and harry potter said it was when some bravo team son's birthday... on the other hand if it's when he and SDY went back to Korea the 3 (snoopy, piccolo, harry potter stays in Urk.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Chewy Hoe said:

Talking about womance, how can we forget the friendship between dr Kang and dr pyo? The one in wheelchair. She was worried sick for dr Kang when she couldn't get her and the only one that send her a parcel from Korea 

yes that's too. love their friendship^_^ i'm glad that there's no bitchy woman fighting for guy and cocky man forcing woman here.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Song Joong Ki said:

Hello everyone! This is @songjoongkibiased and it's my first time to share my posts in this forum. I'll be posting my fanmade videos here and hope ou guys watch it. Thanks you :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P08mcqca2R4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hS9Klt05qjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can't open it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hazeljrr_c922 said:

Daniel....why do I get the feeling that he is undercover and observing Argus?   How is he both a doctor and mechanic  and  have a store front with Ye Hwa, who is both a nurse and accupuncturist, and that both know guns as peacekeepers?  And he is on a one-year sabbatical.    Why are they conveniently near the place where Argus is?   

Ohhhhhhhhhhh....that's a GOOD theory!!! There's just something really fishy about the two of them...a regular old doctor can't know all of the details about a Special Forces soldier's job, and why was Ye Hwa so adamant on getting her hands on a gun? They have such cryptic conversations with each other, too! Hang on to this theory....who knows? You might be right!

2 hours ago, almonde13 said:

oh, i think you are right! it could be a collection of Nurse Ha's photos. :)

My thoughts, exactly!! This couple is a total riot :D

• Like 8

@lilhanh so sad. I had written a response to your post about YSJ and bad timing and then .. my computer spazzed and it's all gone.. :(

Anyways, from what I can recall: .. lol

I totally agree with you. And I literally cracked up reading your post because I had the EXACT same thoughts! And I know I've mentioned how important timing is and how things really just never seemed to line up with KMY and YSJ. But recently I actually watched the past eps and once you get past YSJ's charm, witty words, close proximity, and intense gaze (that's a lot to get past!) I feel like I can understand MY's hesitation even more. The timing of his confessions are just.. so.. bad. Right before he leaves. Right after she's been crying over Manager Go. I get the whole "seize the day!" but hahaha poor SJ. 

Yes, lucky for the speaker confession. But I also thought, lucky the MY has better timing for her confession. And lucky again that SJ is much more forward in his skinship and initiates the kiss!

Another thought that crossed my mind... While SJ's confessions, though heartfelt, were always a bit pressuring and really about him and what he was feeling in the moment for MY in the hopes she would reciprocate but I think actually knowing she wasn't ready. But it's also good he was so persistent since that's partly how he won MY over. Just that to me, MY's confession about her staying for him, seemed just a lot more significant. Because it was like her saying that she is willing to accept him and his profession despite her concerns. 

And I know people felt that it was pretty mean of MY to throw the possibility of her leaving back at SJ's face earlier on, but maybe I was the only that had felt kind of like.. HAAH! Now you know how it feels to be left hanging. Because really, SJ leaving Uruk without even saying bye after his confession was kind of not cool. Yeah he got rejected, but it still was pretty cold. That may be just my opinion. And the important thing is that she chose to stay, and didn't beat around the bush about why--Him! You could tell he was surprised and touched when she just told him she was staying because she wanted to be with him longer. 

And on another note, I'm so happy to read that not only SJK and SHK are getting a major popularity boost (understatement for SJK lol), but JG, KJW, and other supporting roles are getting positive attention. But really happy for JG. He's been solid for a long time in smaller roles or less successful projects. So I feel like he really deserves some limelight. I'm sure his long term fans must be so happy. 

Six more eps guys! I hope the momentum carries through to the end!! 

• Like 24