[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

53 minutes ago, JackieOnTheRocks said:

i think that was from the first break up when the general gave them 2 weeks, because of the 3 comrades piccolo, snoopy and harry potter said it was when some bravo team son's birthday... on the other hand if it's when he and SDY went back to Korea the 3 (snoopy, piccolo, harry potter stays in Urk.

I thinks so. Man are always man. And remember that KMY had directly refused him. I watch 2 eps so many times (one of eps I like best), from scene he catch KMY in front of her house to the scene conversation between them in coffee shop. Look at his eyes when he saw KMY went out of the car, and his eyes when listening KMY said (she keep talking... talking, and he just said "I could understand". I can feel the disappointed and hurt in his eyes.And the final image, he look down when she strongly pass by. But live is going on. I thinks he knew what she want, they both more than 30. At that time maybe he had thought he would never have any chance with her. He had live his life.

this is the first time I post in foreign forum, out of Vietnam. Sorry for my English, I studied French in university, and working for local organization.

Edited by Linh Nguyen Hoang
  • Like 9

42 minutes ago, happifruit said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh....that's a GOOD theory!!! There's just something really fishy about the two of them...a regular old doctor can't know all of the details about a Special Forces soldier's job, and why was Ye Hwa so adamant on getting her hands on a gun? They have such cryptic conversations with each other, too! Hang on to this theory....who knows? You might be right!

My thoughts, exactly!! This couple is a total riot :D

There is another possibility. What if Daniel and Ye Hwa are actually the mastermind and Daniel actually employed Argus to work for him. In Ep11 preview, SDY was heard saying 'I think they suspected something, and I think they know our military strength too'. Assuming SDY was talking about Argus gang, I think he suspected there is a snitch inside Taebaek Camp. Who? 

If you remember after the earthquake, Daniel and Ye Hwa gained automatic access to the camp. Ye Hwa even goes in the guys barrack. Daniel played around with their speaker system and even provided them with the walkie takie. Those are very crucial communication devices. Daniel can easily tap on their confidential conversation.

Daniel seems to be aware of YSJ detail job desc and history. Remember when KMY asked him about what YSJ doing and he flashed back to YSJ interrogation scene when he saved Asparagus. Was Daniel there? Or YSJ told him during his 8 months stint in Urk? I am not sure about this part.

Anyway, I am just trying to look at different angle where Daniel is not all saint as he seems to be. I can imagine this as the final twist that will surprise everybody. Maybe I am just delusional. Or having too much time on my hand :phew:

Edited by boredahjumma
  • Like 10

12 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

@KSHxKYJ  good... let me re-post this too,

cr to beauty and big boss blog

it looks like a blood diamond or bullet with blood, doesn't it? I do feel the same way, we always get pretty opening episodes, but when this one appeared, it instantly remind me of YP's opening episodes. It gives the darker and mysterious vibe right? Like it's a hint to us to be more cautious with the remaining episodes, that we'll start to get our bitter pills soon, we are used to getting sweets before, this is like an alarm.. hope the four leads will be okay.. just let the Asparagus die, not our lovely characters... jebal... because I can bear with the angst how painful it is as long as they don't die...

P.S. ah, this is a bit off-topic, what's the background music that played in the starnews bts, I think I've heard it and it sounds familiar but I couldn't remember the title... anyone would tell it to me? :D

P.S. again :D, just because I've seen this when I open the spoiler, I missed it at first glance... cr to @KSHxKYJ

bravo @KSHxKYJ for making @enzek brilliant nickname for agus into a cute pic like this.. hahahahaha...

sorry to cut your post chingu..

Yes chingu, it looks like it & I agree everything you said there.. & YP, do you mean Yong Pal? I watched that one & really gives me a mysterious vibe too, but the ending didn't satisfy me tho :sweatingbullets: heheh!

& that Asparagus guy! Yes let him die!! (just saying the "Asparagus" word really can make me laugh so hard! :joy:) & @stargazer187, I made that one 'coz I want that Argus guy to be really look like an Asparagus :joy::joy::joy:

6 hours ago, happifruit said:
Spoiler

I realised what it is that makes the Yoo Si Jin-Kang Mo Yeon relationship so comfortable to watch and why I just love it so much. It boils down to one thing:

Even though he is soooooo slick, and the flirtation between the two of them is so chemical that you could put a match to it and it would explode into fireworks anytime…

He respects all of her boundaries. COMPLETELY.

For this, I truly applaud Kim Eun Soo and both Songs for portraying it so well.

One of the major things that has turned me off of Korean dramas for many years is the constant portrayal on-screen in K-dramas (and in other media, other Asian dramas, Hollywood, you-name-it) of the idea that a man coming on strong is supposed to be attractive and sexy, and when a woman says no she really means yes so the man keeps coaxing and eventually she caves and that’s supposed to be romantic, and when a man stalks a woman and refuses to stop it when she tell him to it’s supposed to be sweet. IT’S NOT, which is what makes the Jin-Yeon coupling soooooo refreshing.

1. Their initial encounter and flirtation at the hospital. He is obviously attracted to her right away, and there is that bit with the cell phone where he’s trying to convince her that he’s not a gangster, but she holds her ground and he respects it by explaining himself and doing everything he can to convince her with the truth. Not once does he come off threatening. He doesn't undermine her authority as a doctor, and in fact, it’s quite obvious here and later on that he admires her for her character and her skill, and her passion for her work. The fact that he finds it sexy that she is so good at her work is itself so sexy.

He is slick and he makes his moves fast, but the flirtation is not creepy at. It’s back and forth, and he doesn't look at her like a piece of meat, nor does he go after her like how a predator hunts down prey. They match each other’s wit tit for tat, and it’s pure mutual chemistry. Not once does it feel like he’s coming on way too strong, and that's just so hard to find.

It’s subtle, but it’s what’s not there (namely, the overly aggressive male trying to score) that makes this whole arc so incredibly flirty and so sexy.

2. The roof. It’s not “I have to go. Meet me next weekend. Kay? Bye!” There is a clear “Will it be a yes or a no? I need an answer!”

3. His behaviour at her place. He actually stalls at the door until she gives him permission to come in. And then their entire interaction at her place. Again, he keeps a respectful distance and they flirt and interact like two mature adults. It doesn't feel at all like he had any intention of ‘scoring’, and there is not a single element of danger.

4. Their prickly reunion in Urk, where he plays a practical joke on her with the fake landmine. He is being a bit of a jerk here, but it’s because he didn’t know how else to break the ice and decided to joke around like he does with the guys, like he explained, and ended up going too far. When she, understandably, becomes very upset with him, instead of laughing it off and telling her ‘lighten up, it was a joke’, he takes her feelings seriously and his apology was completely sincere.

5. Their first argument. With her inexperience with the situation in Urk, she did not recognise the symptoms of acute lead poisoning. She becomes very short with him, probably because she is angry at herself for not recognizing the diagnosis, and they actually fight, but he doesn’t attack her personally. His words were more of disappointment at who she has become than of a condescending nature, because he just saw a different person than the surgeon whom he fell in love with back home, and he is also in his role as the person in charge of the whole camp. This is coming off the date to the shipwreck, where she tells him that she no longer does the work that she used to do. Remember, he really admired her passion for her job when they first met. What’s remarkable about this fight is that, although his words hurt, he didn’t make her feel little, nor does it become disrespectful. He does apologise for his words after the stand-off with the Arabs and he sees her dedication to the patient.

6. The kiss. That kiss. Everyone’s favourite wine kiss. Although he goes in for it without her permission first (and he acknowledges that he did so, later on), he is reading her reaction the entire time. He doesn’t grab her, he doesn’t touch her anywhere else. After he pulls away, he looks at her before setting the wine bottle down. When he tries to go in for a second kiss, that’s when she reacts and turns away, and he stops IMMEDIATELY and backs off. No trying to coax her by pulling her back toward him, no moving closer to her to trap her, no grabbing her face and turning it back toward him, no kissing her forcibly again. Her body language says no, and his hands are completely off of her in a matter of seconds. This was wonderful. Just wonderfully done.

And then the aftermath.

They act like adults about it, and when she asks him to please not talk about until she has figured out her feelings, he is very upfront with the fact that he has wanted to kiss her for a long time, but he doesn’t continue to press the issue.

7. And then we have the confrontation on the eve of his return. At this point, they both know that they have feelings for each other, but she is still unwilling to accept him for her own, very good, reasons, especially since Doctor Daniel had told her the true nature of his job. Paying attention to his tone, he is very calm and speaks very evenly with her. He doesn’t confront her aggressively (“You’re so angry with me. Admit it, you’re in love with me! Stop rejecting me!!!!”), but it’s so heartfelt with the “Are your feelings still complicated? Should I apologise, or should I confess?” He is very strong in his presence, but he doesn’t try to overwhelm her with it. And when she very honestly tells him that she simply does not want to be with him at this moment, he accepts her decision immediately. No rebuttal, no anger, just a simple “I’m sorry.” You can tell that he is quite hurt by it, but he respects and accepts her decision.

8. The reunion in the aftermath of the earthquake. Very simple lines: “I can’t be with you, so please be careful.” “You too.” “I’m glad that you’re okay.” “You’re doing fine.” “You did well today.” “Thank you for coming back.

Even at this time when she is so vulnerable, he doesn’t demand an answer or force his feelings on her. Just a simple ‘I missed you; please think about it’ was all he needed, and even though he so badly wanted to wipe away her tears, he holds himself back because she still hadn’t said yes.

Their entire interaction during this arc was really incredible. Setting up a situation like this, there’s a HUGE risk of way overdoing the melodrama and making the whole thing a cheese-fest. The way this was presented was very moving and very well-done (Kudos to the entire team. Seriously.) They say such simple things to each other, and just like that, they show that they still care so deeply about each other, and that they are deeply concerned about each other’s safety. It’s just wonderful to see two people act like mature adults who have deep, mutual respect for one another. This, this, this is the kind of love story we want to see.

9. And our favourite confession! …and the lead-up to that glorious kiss!

After all of this back-and-forth, we finally get the real first confession of her feelings, and although he is extremely pleased and now it’s no longer a secret, I love the way that he handles it. When he confronts her, he doesn't go “STOP SAYING NO TO ME! YOU KNOW YOU LOVE ME AND NOW EVERYONE KNOWS SO JUST SAY YES ALREADY!!!”, but more like a gentle chiding “Stop dumping me…how many times have you dumped me, now?’ She asks him to let go, and he does, even though he knew she would run off. Instead of embarrassing her to death with it and holding it over her (“Don’t be embarrassed; I like you more”), he adorably lets her deny it and waits patiently to hear it from her for real. He keeps her dignity intact, and waits until she finally (!) tells him her true feelings before kissing her again.

The entire time, even when he is initiating the conversations, she is in control of where the conversation goes, how far it goes, and when it needs to stop. I can't think of an example where he steamrolls over her boundaries, or brushes off her feelings, or demands that she moves her bottom line. He only ever goes as far as she is comfortable, and as soon as she isn't, he stops. As much as he tells her what he wants, he waits to hear what she wants. I can't tell you how powerful it is to see this in a K-drama.
I can’t emphasise how lovely it is to watch this relationship.

We need more on-screen relationships like theirs.
The mutual respect that they have for each other’s feelings and dignity is so rare on-screen, and just so consistent throughout. I really applaud Kim Soo Eun and the writers for writing it this way and creating these characters that are so self-respecting, and for bringing a true honorable man and such a layered woman on screen. Huge kudos to the two Songs for pulling this off perfectly, and for showing us such a real relationship between two well-matched adults.

----------------------

On a whole ‘nother note, does anyone else feel like Daniel might be hiding something?

Awesome explanation you got there chingu!! Love reading it :wub: & I really want to throw this explanation to the haters, but naaaa, I'm just wasting my time focusing on them, so let's just enjoy this drama :)

& that highlighted one, I actually feel like that in the earlier eps but I just let it go..Daniel, being a mysterious & serious guy, makes me feel that he's hiding something in the earlier eps so I think it's his natural behavior but I may be wrong tho :D

still backreading :lol:B)

• Like 8

Descendants of the Sun” Writer Fee Gets Speculated

On the March 28 episode of Channel A’s “Heard It Through the Grapevine,” the reporters discussed writer Kim Eun Sook and her writing fee. Writer Kim Eun Sook is well known for her current work, “Descendants of the Sun,” “Secret Garden,” and other hit dramas.

On this episode of “Heard It Through the Grapevine,” a reporter noted, “Writer Kim Eun Sook started writing dramas after she graduated college at a producer friend’s suggestion. At the time, she made 700,000 won (approximately $600) per month.”

Since then, writer Kim Eun Sook wrote several hit dramas and is now considered one of the top drama writers in the industry.

Some reports speculate that she is receiving 30 million won (approximately $26,000) per episode for her current work “Descendants of the Sun.”

Another reporter said that there is even a rumor that she receives as high as 70 million won to 80 million won (approximately $60,000 to $69,000) per episode.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/28/descendants-of-the-sun-writer-script-fee-gets-speculated/

• Like 18

20 minutes ago, nadya92 said:

FROM THIS NEWS http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=880362

ACCORDING TO KBS, DOTS WILL HAVE SPECIAL PROGRAM RIGHT AFTER THE FINAL WEEK (EPISODE) ON 20 APRIL!!

we might have 2 episode of special program because next drama after DOTS will broadcast on 27 April. 

DOTSBar also have confirmed it!! Hopefully someone will translate it ^^

this better be true!! chukkaeee!!! ^^

editor's cut, NGs, another interview with the cast are more than welcome!! 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, khxy said:

Hello,source from baidu says that on 1st April ,SJK and SHK are treating casts and crew of DOTS dinner at a hotel in Gangnam

Yup, it's true. There is a Korean news article stating this, the main leads want to treat the whole cast and crew. OMG, I love DOTS team...the best drama team to have come together.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000462636

77276633.3_99_20160329153207.jpg?type=w4

‘송·송 커플’ 송중기와 송혜교가 KBS 2TV 수목드라마 ‘태양의 후예’를 위해 고생한 제작진과 출연진을 위한 식사 자리를 마련한다.

29일 드라마 한 관계자에 따르면 송중기와 송혜교는 4월1일 오후 서울 강남구 논현동의 한 음식점에서 제작진 및 출연진과 함께 오랜만에 자리를 함께 한다. 

‘태양의 후예’ 팀이 한 자리에 모이는 것은 지난해 12월30일 6개월의 모든 촬영일정을 마치고 가진 ‘쫑파티’ 이후 거의 처음이다. 

최근 송중기, 송혜교, 박훈, 김민석 등이 서울 이태원 인근 음식점에서 만나거나 극중 ‘알파팀’ 대원들이 시간을 함께한 적은 있지만 각자 정해진 스케줄로 인해 시간을 맞추는 것이 좀처럼 어려웠다.

어렵게 연락을 취한 끝에 날짜를 정한 만큼 이날은 이들에게 특별한 자리가 될 전망이다.

특히 24일 방송한 11회가 31.6%(닐슨코리아)를 기록하며 주중 미니시리즈로는 4년 만에 ‘마의 30%’ 영역을 넘어서며 국내 안방극장을 장악하는 데 가장 큰 힘을 준 제작진의 노고에 감사함을 표현하는 자리이다.

스포츠동아 백솔미 기자 bsm@donga.com
사진ㅣ동아닷컴 DB 

▶ 동아닷컴 연예팀 공식 페이스북동아닷컴 스타 화보·스타 인터뷰
- Copyrights ⓒ 스포츠동아 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지 -

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT post reaction images/gifs/memes not pertaining to the drama.

Edited by Tinkiebell
  • Like 24

You are so fast guys. Maybe I should run as fast as YSJ and SDY when receive the package.

YSJ%20SDY%20run_zpsmctsevbb.jpg

@boredahjumma I have same tought as you. I think there are people inside the army who become spy for asparagus. When YSJ catch the UN truck (actually asparagus truck), they have someone who backing them. Why they can use UN truck if they doesnt have someone who can give them. And also asparagus said that he has someone in high position.

asparagus%20DoTS_zpscsvowhvg.jpg

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, minhye1822 said:

You are so fast guys. Maybe I should run as fast as YSJ and SDY when receive the package.

@boredahjumma I have same tought as you. I think there are people inside the army who become spy for asparagus. When YSJ catch the UN truck (actually asparagus truck), they have someone who backing them. Why they can use UN truck if they doesnt have someone who can give them. And also asparagus said that he has someone in high position.

High5 chingu ya... There is something suspicious that has not been revealed yet. Something related to our 3rd couple. We just have to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. :glasses:

Edited by boredahjumma
  • Like 5

Google translate.~

KBS OFFICIAL SAID 

The special program will broadcast on 20 - 21 April and it will be the highlight video for DOTS

22 April will be the making of DOTS

[CREDIT:太阳的后裔吧/DOTSBar]

SO WE WILL HAVE 3 DAYS OF DOTS???:wub:

• Like 24

Hi everyone, I've been following this drama and lurking around this forums and would like to post some thoughts. I don't know if anyone has posted these before but if it is a repetition I apologise in advance. This post is not gonna be about how handsome SJK is or how pretty SHK is and definitely won't be about how good they look together, although it is undeniable that they look good individually and as a couple, both on and off screen.

Rather, I would like to give some comments based on certain allusions that I am drawing from other sources which I am somewhat familiar with. The source materials I would be taking references from are the Metal Gear series (MG) and Final Fantasy 7 (FF7).

-    I find the callsign of the characters, especially YSJ’s ‘Big Boss’, to be too iconic to be coincidental. Google ‘Big Boss’ and you’ll get a character from MG. In a way, YSJ is similar to the MG Big Boss because both are talented, efficient and deadly soldiers. Both are highly trained and no nonsense when carrying out their duties. Also, in MG, Big Boss has to fight his mentor/superior and he bests her in combat. Likewise, YSJ is certainly going to fight Angus the Beef and most probably will take him out too.

-    MG Big Boss’s mentor/superior is considered a legend, similar to what YSJ said about Argos’s callsign still being ‘Legendary in Delta Force’ or something to that effect.

-    IIRC MG Big Boss also ‘died’ in some battle but was saved and brought back to life yada yada… not that I’m saying YSJ is going to die, but he might go missing. More on this later.

-    I could go on about SDY’s ‘Wolf’ and someone’s ‘Picccolo’ but at this point YSJ’s ‘Big Boss’ is the most important since he is after all, the main character. Anyways, the good news is that MG Big Boss dies a natural death eventually after making peace and isn’t murdered or shot at or bombed apart or whatever.

-    The truck kiss scene is epic and everyone loves it. However, I admit I had a feeling of dread when I saw it because it instantly reminded me of a very similar truck scene from FF7. To put it briefly, in FF7, 2 guys (I know, I know, no girl involved here) were on a truck on their way to town. IIRC, the scenery and stuff is very similar to the scene from DotS. What struck me more was one of the FF7 guys (let’s call him Z), has a personality that is very similar to YSJ as well. This Z dude was a highly trained soldier (again), was very caring, has a goofy side, has a pretty girlfriend (who is sorta a healer, likes to do good, strong, highly sought after – basically much like KMY) etc etc  – much like YSJ. Sadly, events transpired and Z died. He was up against an army to protect the other guy in the truck, which he succeeded but lost his life in the process. Much like YSJ who is probably going to face Asparagus and his team of veggies alone to save KMY. 

-    I don’t think YSJ is going to die saving KMY obviously, because it’s only episode 11/12, but I can see the parallels.

-    I’ve also seen clips of YSJ in a stereotypical bodyguard business suit jumping over cars and firing his gun. I am guessing YSJ either became a bodyguard/mercenary or got upgraded to secret service or something. Remember the Z dude? Yup he was in the truck because he wanted to leave his soldier life behind and planned to go to town to offer his services as a mercenary. Well Z obviously didn’t make it, but the guy he save did and indeed became a mercenary.

-    I only watched the ‘Always’ MV last night and the starting seconds showed KMY with kids and shots of a cemetery and YSJ’s army stuff on a bed. The cemetery scenes struck me again because the MG Big Boss had a (touching) reunion with someone (who is this someone isn’t important) at a cemetery where he made peace with everything and everyone and then proceeded to die naturally (sorta).  

-    YSJ’s army stuff can be interpreted as well… he’s dead so it’s like a respect to him thing but as an ex-military person, unless rules have changed, I don’t think you have weapons for things like that and YSJ’s pistol is obviously present. In fact if anything this looks like an inspection set up. Something like a neatness/cleanliness inspection. TBH though I did not go back to the older episodes to check if this bed is the Urk bed or his Korea home bed… but I’m guessing it’s the Urk one simply because army personnel are generally not allowed to bring firearms home.

So, in conclusion to this lengthy and off tangent post, I’m just offering another perspective from my point on view about the similarities between DotS and other stuff I’ve come across. I personally think YSJ won’t die, but he’ll probably get ‘killed in action’ or go missing or something. Him dying would be kinda cliché and this drama so far has been anything but cliché. KMY would like get over it and live her life but eventually reunite again with YSJ at some cemetery setting or something like that. But then again this would also be cliché yes? I was of the opinion that they might kill off KMY instead and YSJ dedicating his life to peace keeping in another Urk and meeting someone who looks exactly like KMY but yeah… I dunno… Just my speculating.

Nonetheless, I believe that OTP 1 would probably have a happy ending but I’m not so sure about OTP 2. SDY’s ‘Wolf’ call sign bugs me a lot actually… I hope he doesn’t get killed off or something.

I could really go in depth on the points above but that would be REALLY wayyy off tangent so I’ll stop now. Maybe I’m reading too much into things haha, but if you’ve read through my post this far, thank you for reading =-)

• Like 19

20 minutes ago, khxy said:

Hello,source from baidu says that on 1st April ,SJK and SHK are treating casts and crew of DOTS dinner at a hotel in Gangnam.

This is the first time the casts and crew meet since the end of filming

aa..aliby to...they call it "a date" ? :phew::phew::sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

Captain YSJ suggested a call sign "BEAUTY" to KMY. Haha she's so delighted to hear that from him even though she brushed it off...just love her reaction and smiles here.

tumblr_o3zspmFxKu1tiuaoto1_400.giftumblr_o3zspmFxKu1tiuaoto2_400.gif

Some lovely images of KMY...

tumblr_o3zpjsYjTK1tiuaoto6_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_o3zpjsYjTK1tiuaoto7_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_o3zpjsYjTK1tiuaoto5_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_o3zpjsYjTK1tiuaoto8_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_o3zpjsYjTK1tiuaoto9_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_o3zpjsYjTK1tiuaoto3_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_o3zpjsYjTK1tiuaoto1_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_o3zpjsYjTK1tiuaoto2_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_o3zpjsYjTK1tiuaoto4_1280.jpg

via greenteaafrappe.tumblr.com

• Like 24

14 hours ago, dlyfie87_at_gmail.com_stv said:

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

any Healer's fans here???

these pics totally remind me on my other bias.. Ji Chang Wook ssi..:blush:

nowadays,our puppy is so busy in China..just wondering when will he return to Korea & take another drama before enlist to military.. :cry:

I have the same feeling when seeing this. Long to hear warm voice of our Ji Chang Wook ssi <3

• Like 6