[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Hi DOTS Shippers,

I believed most of us loves watching EP 9 as in this EP at last KMY confessed her feeling to YSJ. And definitely all us utter 'Awwww' when they started kissing on the truck as this time YSJ got a respond back on the kisses from KMY.

While watching this until they back to the barracks and saw the back of both of their Hair stuck with the Hays made me smile to myself as my IMAGINARY go wild.....hehehe.....

Just imagine when they kissing on the truck by seating onto the Hays by right only their Butts will stuck with the Hays and not their Hairs so now did all of U start to wonder and the start that Imaginary go wild like me too....hahaha.

.:heart::P:heart:

Anyway this is just my 2cents aft watching EP9 again to release my anxious waiting for Ep 11 this Wednesday....:blush:

romance-descendants-of-the-sun.jpg?w=685

• Like 22

4 hours ago, Mico Ricco said:

credit : Korea JoongAng Daily

‘Descendants’ bet pays off for NEW

[cut]

I loved how the writer said that Song Joong Ki "forcefully" showed interest and was approved AFTER his uniform try out!!!  That explains why he worked so hard to get a 6-pack for the show.  They were concerned that his baby face wouldn't fit the role.  Good thing he checked with Kim Jong Kook.:P  If any of you have ever watched Running Man, you'll know that KJK is OCD with his healthy eating habits.   I'm guessing SJK must have done his homework to look that good for the shirtless episode. :D (with KJK screaming and Kwang Soo stirring up trouble on the side.)

Edited by Tinkiebell
  • Like 12

38 minutes ago, lilhanh said:

I loved how the writer said that Song Joong Ki "forcefully" showed interest and was approved AFTER his uniform try out!!!  That explains why he worked so hard to get a 6-pack for the show.  They were concerned that his baby face wouldn't fit the role.  Good thing he checked with Kim Jong Kook.:P  If any of you have ever watched Running Man, you'll know that KJK is OCD with his healthy eating habits.   I'm guessing SJK must have done his homework to look that good for the shirtless episode. :D (with KJK screaming and Kwang Soo stirring up trouble on the side.)

honestly, i'm surprise in DOTS he can do a fighting scene ahahahaha, because if u watch him in running man, he have a stiff body ahahahaha, and beside his image is a flower boy, no one imagine he can be Cool like this as a soldier, but i think his best acting in drama so far was innocent man / nice guy

• Like 9

@SunnySun26 oh my, i guessed i have to save this for future used, in case i've forgotten their ranks n about.

From the OST released, i'm addicted to K.will-talk love and Mad Clown\kim na young - once again. One song is cheerful\happy with another a little bit sadder. Even the fan mv are to be loved. K.will talk love mv is more live the SJ MY couple, the one that we love. When they are together, they bicker, a little bit romantic, playful, cheeky, fun - thing that bring us love, smile & laugh. Mad clown\kim na young - once again fan mv is about the DY MJ couple. It depicted the obstacles, hope, sadness for this couple. 

I'm seeing sunshine for SJ MY couple but DY MJ couple seems to be uncertain. Let's hope for the best n none of the couple died. They deserved happiness.

We love to see SJ interaction with MY. Both of them are cute!! Lucky strike for the director to succed casting them both. My parents are still 'fighting' everyday bcoz my father love to tease my mom. If from the guy point of view, they love it but from girl point of view, they hated it. :wub:  Counting days, everybody!! 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, sanaeozora said:

I truly don't understand why you think Shi-jin doesn't know and understand the reason Mo-yeon kept rejecting him. I truly believe he did. Please don't forget that he's already seen first hand how incredibly lethal his line of work is, he's experienced that loss personally when they killed his commanding officer right in front of him and, even more painfully, BECAUSE of him. If Shi-jin had not insisted in rescuing Argus, his captain would have made it out of the rescue mission alive. I'm sure that killed Shi-jin a little inside too. So, he knows what Mo-yeon would feel if something happened to him. He does. And it's because he does that he did not insist or try to push his desire to be with her when she rejected him, instead, he respected her choice both times. It was only after they reunited after the earthquake that he started thinking that perhaps fate did want them to be together and he started considering ways to make their relationship work in spite of the fact that he could lose his life due to his work and would cause all of that pain to Mo-yeon.

i agree with what you saying but i want to see the scene to show more of his intense feeling. like end of ep 10 when he rush to see mo yeon in operation room. before this he's always handle it in kinda calm or flirty manner. or maybe i just have been infected with Asparagus sadistic feels.

And after the kidnapping, what I see happening is more on Mo-yeon's side who will finally get the awareness that she needs to be careful and that even if she's not a soldier, her life can be endangered too. And on Shi-jin's side, I do see him either getting overprotective or, in truer k-drama fashion, pushing her away so that she can be kept safe. But ultimately, I hope, they will discover that their best chance of survival is to stay together and work as a team.

yeah, she should be careful but i like how she just go save si jin and fatima without hesitation although at first she's just drove off without si jin while si jin picking his gun after fatima enter the car. it's like she's slowly adapt with si jin surroundings as soldier.

about the maybe future noble idiot scene, i hope the scene don't last longer. make it quick just like mo yeon running away from si jin after her confession through loud speaker.

i really love this scene so much. although mo yeon still doesn't accept si jin officially at that time look at how they sit so closely with each other:wub:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e35/12479399_1050678761669866_483615241_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIxNTczOTk0NzEyNTA0MDc0NQ%3D%3D.2

• Like 15

Capt. Yoo Si Jin got ordered by the Comander NOT to interfere or meddle with the Argus affairs.  Will YSJ disobey military rules/order again since this time, it involves the woman he cares about? Or - will the commander retract his order since it now involves the life of his daughter?  

• Like 8

Gummy Sings ‘You Are My Everything’ in ‘Sugarman’

ri3a4wwn09ndek5v2dikz83p23ta3xmj.jpg
[by Woorim Ahn] Gummy will show a live stage of drama ‘Descendant of the Sun’ OST.

Spoiler

On the upcoming episode of JTBC ‘Sugarman’, Cha Ji Yeon and Gummy will appear. Gummy already won once through a competition with Lena Park and Cha Ji Yeon took Gummy’s throne in MBC ‘King of Masked Singer’, so the mass public’s anticipations are increasing.

Moreover, Gummy showed a live stage of ‘You Are My Everything’, which is an OST of drama ‘Descendant of the Sun’ that was never disclosed on TV. All the people at the site got surprised at her soft voice.

Meanwhile, ‘Sugarman’ airs on Tuesdays at 10:50pm KST. (photo by JTBC)

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=29740

• Like 17

‘Descendants’ bet pays off for NEW

Mar 29,2016
  28194059.jpg
  The megahit series “Descendants of the Sun” is film distribution company NEW’s first attempt at producing a drama. From left to right, NEW Director Kim Woo-taek and the show’s stars Song Joong-ki, Song Hye-kyo, Kim Ji-won and Jin Goo. [STUDIO 506, NEW]
Last Thursday, the hottest Korean drama, “Descendants of the Sun” on KBS2, reached a viewership rating of 30.4 percent, breaking the record for a weekday drama of 30 percent set four years ago by MBC’s “The Moon Embracing the Sun.”

The new drama, which adopted the “early filming” method of completing all its shooting and editing before airing, was able to gain censorship clearance and air simultaneously in China via the online video platform iQiyi. As of Friday, it had garnered more than 1.1 billion views on iQiyi.

Riding on the show’s success in both Korea and China, the rights have been sold to distributors in 32 countries, including France, Italy, Germany, the United States and United Kingdom, with requests pouring in from foreign producers to make local remakes of the drama, according to the show’s production company, NEW.

The drama is film distribution company NEW’s first attempt at making a drama series. Kim Woo-taek, 52, the director of NEW, says he didn’t anticipate their first try to be such a jackpot. To hear more about how a film distribution company decided to spend 13 billion won ($11 million) on creating its first drama, the JoongAng Ilbo sat down with Kim at his office in Nonhyeon-dong, southern Seoul. Here are some excerpts from the interview.

Q. What made you decide to make this drama?

A. It was completely coincidental. Early last year, an acquaintance of mine in the film industry talked about producing a drama, and I judged that it included universal values such as love, philanthropy, sacrifice and so on. That’s what made me decide to produce the drama.

I heard that the original screenplay did not feature soldiers. How did it change?

The original screenplay that Kim Won-seok wrote was centered on medical doctors doing their best to save the lives of people in disaster zones. When NEW decided to produce the drama, we asked famous drama writer Kim Eun-sook to dramatize the original story. While she was doing some tweaks, she decided to add the military characters and disasters taking place abroad. The whole story became very abundant. When I read the screenplay up to the fourth episode, I began to have the feeling that this drama may turn out to be a big hit.

How was the casting? Was it difficult?

As for the male protagonist role now taken by actor Song Joong-ki, we had other top stars on the list of possible candidates. But as the drama adopted the early filming method, which a lot of actors and actresses avoid when it requires long stays abroad to film, the possible candidates were quite hesitant. Then actor Song, who only had a few more weeks until his discharge, forcefully showed interest, saying it’s too good of a drama to miss. It was hard to imagine Song, who has a somewhat delicate image, taking the role of a soldier. But when I saw him wearing the military uniform for the dress fitting, I slapped my knees saying that the drama is going to be a success. To cast actress Song Hye-kyo for the female doctor role, we were eager to have her on board as she’s one of the most popular Korean stars in China. Casting both of them was, I must say, a stroke of luck.

How did you decide to do early filming?

As we are a latecomer in drama producing, we wanted to enter by adopting an unfamiliar method of filming. Moreover, to allow simultaneous airing in China, we needed to get necessary censorship approval, and that’s impossible if we film as we go. Some parts were edited out during the censorship process for the Chinese version, such as the fight scene between South and North Korean soldiers near the border, as it is politically sensitive. Moreover, because we adopted the early filming method, we were able to raise the degree of completion of the disaster scenes that required a lot of computer graphics. For that, we got a lot of help from our movie filming team members.

Wasn’t it a burden to foot all the production costs?

It was certain that no one would want to invest in a film distribution company that’s trying out a 130 billion won-scale drama series for the first time. Moreover, we were adopting the early filming method, not to mention allowing televising rights only to terrestrial broadcasting companies. Everyone said we were crazy. But I had confidence in our content and managed to make up the production cost as soon as we aired the first episode, thanks to profit made from selling rights to foreign broadcasters and from product placement. After that, we managed to readjust our contract with KBS to not just selling the broadcasting rights but also receive part of the investment. The immense profit that KBS is making from advertisements during our time slot is the result of their long-term endurance and trust in us. As we didn’t know much about producing a drama series, we were brave, and that courage, I believe, created unprecedented success.

There is some criticism of the drama as well, saying that it’s inspiring patriotism while portraying the Korean military unrealistically. What’s your opinion of this?

As drama writer Kim said in an interview, it’s just a fantasy drama. No one would make a commercial drama only to inspire patriotism.

There are many predictions concerning the ending of the drama. What can you tell us about it?

My wife told me that she predicts that one of the characters will die in the end, asking me who’s going to die, but I did not respond. Obviously, toward the end, the story will develop faster than before, and it will become more dynamic. The love story between the two couples in the drama becomes more ardent amid disasters and terror.

BY JUNG HYUN-MOK [sharon@joongang.co.kr]

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3016765

Really interesting...

• Like 15

Chinese Authorities Warn Against the Perils of Descendants of the Sun and Watching Too Many K-dramas

Posted on March 28, 2016 by ockoala

gonan1.jpg

gonan_1.jpg

I think it’s funny that the Chinese authorities get mad at certain K-dramas that are, by any measure, the most fantastical set ups. YFAS had an alien and the female lead was a top movie star, like that is the life resembling any average person. Now DotS is just a smidge more plausible than YFAS but still beyond the realm of anything that could possibly happen in real life. Song Joong Ki still looks like a cute flower boy cosplaying a special forces soldier, ferrsakes, how can anyone watching DotS get so enamored as to need a reminder that this is just a television show. So much weirdness out there.

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/03/28/chinese-authorities-warn-against-the-perils-of-descendants-of-the-sun-and-watching-too-many-k-dramas/#more-73890

=========

Devoted Fan Recreates Song-Song Couple From “Descendants of the Sun”

Devoted Fan Recreates Song-Song Couple From “Descendants of the Sun”

How far would you go to show your devotion to something? Say, your favorite drama?

Recently in an online community, one Chinese fan of the ultra-popular drama “Descendants of the Sun” has been garnering a whole lot of attention thanks to a photo going around. The photo in question is of a set of dolls the fan created in the likeness of the show’s lead couple, Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo.

The dolls are strikingly similar to the characters they’re inspired by, from their faces and hairstyles right down to their outfits. Many netizens have commended the fan on a job well done, noting the deliberate attention to detail.

c soompi

======

K.Will, Davichi, and Gummy top Instiz Chart for the fourth week of March 2016

By GhostWriter  

Davichi-Chen-KWill-yoon-mi-rae-jang-bum-

The Instiz chart combines the overwhelming variety of charts that South Korea uses to rank music sales, and it's also what fans use to determine whether their favorite artist has achieved an "All-Kill". 

Check out the chart rankings for the fourth week of March (March 21 to March 27) below!

Instiz Chart Singles Ranking

1. K.Will - "Talk Love (Descendants of the Sun OST)" - 27,277 Points

complete list

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/kwill-davichi-and-gummy-top-instiz-chart-for-the-fourth-week-of-march-2016

======

Spoiler

Photo from descendantsofthesun_official

cto

• Like 20

8 minutes ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

K.Will, Davichi, and Gummy top Instiz Chart for the fourth week of March 2016

By GhostWriter  

The Instiz chart combines the overwhelming variety of charts that South Korea uses to rank music sales, and it's also what fans use to determine whether their favorite artist has achieved an "All-Kill". 

Check out the chart rankings for the fourth week of March (March 21 to March 27) below!

Instiz Chart Singles Ranking

1. K.Will - "Talk Love (Descendants of the Sun OST)" - 27,277 Pointscomplete list

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/kwill-davichi-and-gummy-top-instiz-chart-for-the-fourth-week-of-march-2016

I do really love Gummy Ost and with this success I do not understand why do they need to re recorded again !! 

I think even though it will be sang by her again , still I would prefer the original version that I have heard all the times while watching the drama .. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, enzek said:

i really love this scene so much. although mo yeon still doesn't accept si jin officially at that time look at how they sit so closely with each other:wub:

@enzek And you know that this gold card is going to come back into the story in what I would expect to be at least a fairly significant way since KMY made such a big deal about it and it again would make the whole scene to save the VIP not just plot/action filler, but give it more purpose to the storyline in retrospect.

Because it's KES we're talking about here. And that's what she loves to do. lol

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Alilla said:

@Chellsee Can I ask u What scene SDY and YMJ have this scene? I can't remembered it? 

If I hadn't mistaken in episode when YMJ and SDY went to the ex girlfriend  wedding and ep.10 when he decide to hold her hand in front of general

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sanaeozora said:

xxx

And to those who say that her feelings are more mature because she's been thinking about their relationship and considering their future more carefully than he has, excuse me but...have they all forgotten that Shi-jin is an army brat? He's been raised in a household where he's experienced first hand what his mum went through for being married to a soldier. He KNOWS exactly the type of relationship he can offer, not only to Mo-yeon, but to any girl who'll be brave enough to share her future with him. The reason he's always almost obsessed with getting the upper hand is because he's known since day one that his job will always give him the lower hand with Mo-yeon.

He's considered this for his entire adult life, ever since he decided to become a soldier. So, yeah, he's damn mature when it comes to this relationship, since it's THE relationship he's been waiting for years. xxx

A very insightful view, one I have not thought of about Si Jin. Thanks for this. But just to clarify, I got the impression that Si Jin's love isn't as mature as Mo Yeon's because so far, show is not showing it to us that way it did with Mo Yeon, kind of like the way there is not so much back story on Mo Yeon as it did with Si Jin and Myung Ju and Dae Young, and not because I didn't think he was mature or whatnot because of him being playful, I think his being playful is just one aspect of his personality, which I like very much as it creates some balance with Mo Yeon, and has nothing to do with him not thinking about the relationship, because I believe he does, though not expressly, because that is probably how his character was crafted. As few commented here, the past episodes enormously showed Mo Yeon's growth, how she eased herself into the aspects of a relationship with Si Jin and finally accepting him. The first half, I saw the show as Mo Yeon on a journey towards Si Jin, Si Jin was on the other end, like a destination, at least that's how I saw it. And it is only in the Episode 9 that I saw him expressly and directly speaking up about the relationship in terms of how Mo Yeon dealt with it, he asked Myung Ju whether Dae Young's job bothers her. Yes, in the earlier episodes, he intimated that Mo Yeon will always get the upper hand in the relationship because of his job, which showed that he was thinking of the relationship, too, but then again he tried to avoid the topic, when Mo Yeon tried to ask that aspect of the relationship, and did not deal with it, and have not seen him pick up from that since, but correct me if I am wrong. It was Mo Yeon who slowly dealt with it herself, rejecting him several times because she needed time to think. What I love about your comment is that now I realised that while Mo Yeon was easing her way to him, Si Jin was waiting, and he could have given up on her, but he didn't and to wait for someone to decide to love you back is one of the hardest experiences to go through, so Si Jin didn't go through any less of a hardship than Mo Yeon, and I concur that that somehow shows maturity on Si Jin's end. Mo Yeon's journey to accepting Si Jin in contradistinction to Si Jin's waiting for her. That's my take away. Thanks for this insight. Show is definitely character driven. 

• Like 23