[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

@rumasa79 @sanaeozora The thing is that I have the feeling that KMy and SDY have a similar situation: both can't be with the person they love. So now, KMY's situation has changed... she has learnt more about YSJ's world and she only needs a push to finally give in. I think, SDY's situation is about to change too and the other reason why I am hoping for a change of heart from Yoon is, since KMY will become YSJ's girlfriend, she will have to face other hard situations, the hardship isn't over. She will get in danger because of YSJ's job. And this could be the same for SDY and YMJ too: both have now to face hardship together. They are in a country where a war can start at any moment. Moreover, SDY can be sent away again... so it would great if they had a similar situation like KMY-YSJ too: face troubles together!

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@rumasa79 @sanaeozora The thing is that I have the feeling that KMy and SDY have a similar situation: both can't be with the person they love. So now, KMY's situation has changed... she has learnt more about YSJ's world and she only needs a push to finally give in. I think, SDY's situation is about to change too and the other reason why I am hoping for a change of heart from Yoon is, since KMY will become YSJ's girlfriend, she will have to face other hard situations, the hardship isn't over. She will get in danger because of YSJ's job. And this could be the same for SDY and YMJ too: both have now to face hardship together. They are in a country where a war can start at any moment. Moreover, SDY can be sent away again... so it would great if they had a similar situation like KMY-YSJ too: face troubles together!

Again, I would really like to see both couples get officially together from the next episode and go through the rest of the drama facing everything together. But something tells me that's not going to be the case. Even with Mo-yeon and Shi-jin, in spite of the fact that her feelings have literally been broadcast to everyone and this will definitely give some renewed confidence to Shi-jin, I doubt Mo-yeon is going to give in so easily, not to mention that she still doesn't approve of the world he lives in (that's for another post, but it seriously irked me in episode 8 when she AGAIN told Shi-jin she found military discipline to be unreasonable. No one is asking her to fully understand the intricacies of the military system, but at the very least, respect that this is the way it works and if Shi-jin has no problems obeying the military laws and taking up the punishments given to him, she should just let it be as she's already been asked to do). But I digress, I feel that both relationships will still need to overcome a few more hurdles before they can enjoy their happily ever after. Of course, I very much hope I'm wrong, it would definitely be more rewarding for us to see both couples together and working as a team for their future happiness. 

• Like 9

Another of my favourite scene...

KMY: I was terrified. You could've die. You...always risk your life like this, don't you?

YSJ: I'm a man who's great at his work. It's included in my work...that I don't get myself killed.

ME: YSJ, please keep your word to KMY! Always be there for her; to taste more wines, wreck more lipsticks, eat more noodles, and make some beautiful fireworks or whatever you will call it.....

tumblr_o48wh3wmQH1rpyw6wo1_r1_250.giftumblr_o48wh3wmQH1rpyw6wo3_r1_250.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o48wh3wmQH1rpyw6wo4_r1_250.giftumblr_o48wh3wmQH1rpyw6wo2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_o48wh3wmQH1rpyw6wo5_r2_250.giftumblr_o48wh3wmQH1rpyw6wo6_r2_250.gif

cr joowons.tumblr

• Like 17

10 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

Again, I would really like to see both couples get officially together from the next episode and go through the rest of the drama facing everything together. But something tells me that's not going to be the case. Even with Mo-yeon and Shi-jin, in spite of the fact that her feelings have literally been broadcast to everyone and this will definitely give some renewed confidence to Shi-jin, I doubt Mo-yeon is going to give in so easily, not to mention that she still doesn't approve of the world he lives in (that's for another post, but it seriously irked me in episode 8 when she AGAIN told Shi-jin she found military discipline to be unreasonable. No one is asking her to fully understand the intricacies of the military system, but at the very least, respect that this is the way it works and if Shi-jin has no problems obeying the military laws and taking up the punishments given to him, she should just let it be as she's already been asked to do). But I digress, I feel that both relationships will still need to overcome a few more hurdles before they can enjoy their happily ever after. Of course, I very much hope I'm wrong, it would definitely be more rewarding for us to see both couples together and working as a team for their future happiness. 

I read her comment on the unreasonableness of the military system as reflective of her concern for him - she essentially said that his well being is more important than any military rules. I also read it that while she doesn't approve nor believe in the military system, she is kind of resigned to him living by its code. It is like many of us who don't approve of some aspects of our bf or husbands' work but we learn to let it be, albeit with grumblings here and there.

• Like 9

After watching RM, ji suk jin talk about to make joongki being cast rm, because he is popular right now ! Hahaha, descendants of the sun ost also being played as background song on rm. (running man ep 291)

what the most funny is, the return of superman also added clip from wine kiss scene from dots lol. I forgot who is the child who played kiss scenes haha ( the return of superman ep 122)

i read some news about fans saw them together in Amerika (i forgot the country) joongki and hye kyo, shopping together. Lol, they became close friends i think. No wonder why they chemistry is really good on dots. (I read from detik.com news, indonesia)

dots really popular right now, even popular reality show like Running man and the return of superman added some clips or ost song for background music. Cincaaaaa daebaakkk !

• Like 11

What i love about YMJ and SDY love story is how patient they are. I guess YSJ and KMY are way more lucky than our 2nd couple. 

I love how YMJ keep calling him even he's not answering or he is answering but not talking. I love how happy YMJ even to hear his voice over another phone... By saying "hehe i got to hear his voice today" that is another sweet love for me.

and she keep sending him letter even she know he will never reply to it once.... I love how patient YMJ is.... 

In the last scene i kinda like how KJW execute YMJ feeling. When she said she will give SDY a prize for his jealoussy ..... She was moving 1 step closer with a little bit shy smile  in her face but yet i cannot ignore the happy aura withing her body.... And when SDY take a step back and said he was going to do his job i laugh to see her face. 

I really hope not only YSJ and KMY who got to kiss each other in next episode..... I hope SDY and YMJ also get to kiss each other too :blush:

• Like 11

I find that Captain YSJ is such an honourable man, (he maybe flirty, he maybe playful but) he knows his boundaries, he sticks to his principles... although he did approach KMY with the wine kiss but that's after much courage and thoughts... now (after the confession/apologise encounter) he won't make advances unless he's been given the permission to do so.

At end of ep6 / start of ep7, he re-tied her shoe laces and although he knows that she's in much needed of a hug etc, he just comforted her with words and then walked off to attend to the disaster site.

Spoiler

Then, in ep8, when KMY came out of the tent after making the call to the victim's wife, she was crying and YSJ followed along... When he was in front of her and she was still crying... he said to her that he can't wipe her tears cos she hasn't answered his questions.

Captain jjang! Salute! :lol:

Spoiler

Cr. rfnafifa on IG

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, Ohsh said:

I read her comment on the unreasonableness of the military system as reflective of her concern for him - she essentially said that his well being is more important than any military rules. I also read it that while she doesn't approve nor believe in the military system, she is kind of resigned to him living by its code. It is like many of us who don't approve of some aspects of our bf or husbands' work but we learn to let it be, albeit with grumblings here and there.

You read it differently than I did then. I think she was being judgy and, while she is entitled of her own opinion, as we all are, she has already been asked by him to stay out of it and her comments on how unreasonable military law is, is not exactly staying out if it. You can be as concerned as you want, but if he tells you this is okay with him, then you should let it be. Furthermore, one can disagree with certain aspects of your significant other's jobs, such as having to work long hours or having to be on call, but she's complaining about something that is the CORE of his job. But we already know she hates what he does and to be honest I am disappointed that even after the whole earthquake thing, she still seems to have very little respect for the military world.

• Like 4

Park says 'Descendants of the Sun' will help attract foreign tourists

SEOUL, March 21 (Yonhap) -- A South Korean mega-hit drama about an army captain saving lives in a U.N. peacekeeping operation has apparently won the heart of the country's female commander-in-chief.

"Descendants of the Sun" was on the agenda on Monday when President Park Geun-hye presided over a regular meeting with her top aides at Cheong Wa Dae, South Korea' presidential office.

The KBS drama tells the story of an army captain sent on a U.N. peacekeeping mission to a distant fictional country where he falls in love with a South Korean doctor, who was sent there to offer medical relief to stricken people.

Park said the drama could help publicize South Korea's culture to international audiences and spark foreigners' interest in South Korea, which in turn could help attract foreign tourists, according to the participants of the meeting.

"Good cultural content can not only produce economic and cultural values but also contribute to the revitalization of tourism," Park said, noting it is the first South Korean drama aired in South Korea and China simultaneously.

The series has stirred a huge sensation in both South Korea and China, with a viewership of more than 30 percent in Seoul and its adjacent metropolitan areas and the first several episodes amassing hundreds of millions of views on China's video platform iQiyi.

Park also stressed that "Descendants of the Sun" could help instill patriotism among young people, according to the participants.

The army captain, played by Song Joong-ki, helps save the lives of several people during the peacekeeping operation.

One of the participants at the meeting, citing media reports, said Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha also lauded "Descendants of the Sun" as a drama that could inspire patriotism.

Prayut, who seized power in 2014 in a coup, has often portrayed himself as an officer duty-bound to save Thailand from years of political chaos.

Park, meanwhile, said the telemedicine pilot program under way in South Korea would have received a publicity boost if "Descendants of the Sun" had inserted telemedicine into its storyline.

The drama dealt with emergency medical relief by a team of South Korean doctors and nurses for people injured by an earthquake in the fictional country, though telemedicine was not included.

Last year, South Korea launched a telemedicine pilot program for people on five remote islands, prison inmates, sailors of deep-sea fishing vessels and soldiers near the border with North Korea to check the feasibility of the system that allows doctors to see patients and provide treatment through the Internet.

Telemedicine is designed to provide quality health care for those in hard-to-access areas and for the elderly by connecting patients to doctors using information technology, usually over the Internet.

AEN20160321013300315_01_i.jpg

entropy@yna.co.kr

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2016/03/21/0200000000AEN20160321013300315.html

• Like 21

5 hours ago, enzek said:

my exam is nearer and still stalking this thread. incurable disease.

Me too hiks....

5 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

Omo.... I am perfectly fit to all stages as desribed...... Gosh

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

You read it differently than I did then. I think she was being judgy and, while she is entitled of her own opinion, as we all are, she has already been asked by him to stay out of it and her comments on how unreasonable military law is, is not exactly staying out if it. You can be as concerned as you want, but if he tells you this is okay with him, then you should let it be. Furthermore, one can disagree with certain aspects of your significant other's jobs, such as having to work long hours or having to be on call, but she's complaining about something that is the CORE of his job. But we already know she hates what he does and to be honest I am disappointed that even after the whole earthquake thing, she still seems to have very little respect for the military world.

From what i saw, she's more to being indifferent towards all military rules than being less respetcful. She did give big respect by obeying and following the rules set by Alpha Team during the rescue operation, but when their rules and her judgements clash, she chose to ask questions first and refused to directly comply. I guess that shows her strong character.

Although this indifference attitude, if continuously shown, would somehow become another hurdle in their blossoming relationship. Oh well, it's another speculation of mine which needs to be proven wrong.

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, rumasa79 said:

From what i saw, she's more to being indifferent towards all military rules than being less respetcful. She did give big respect by obeying and following the rules set by Alpha Team during the rescue operation, but when their rules and her judgements clash, she chose to ask questions first and refused to directly comply. I guess that shows her strong character.

Although this indifference attitude, if continuously shown, would somehow become another hurdle in their blossoming relationship. Oh well, it's another speculation of mine which needs to be proven wrong.

No one is arguing she's strong (or maybe just stubborn) but she does need to stay out of military-related issues. Just as she asked Shi-jin to stay out of affairs concerning the Medical Team. That's actually the main difference between the two right now: Shi-jin respects her job deeply and in fact, he keeps showing it, for instance, by giving her the time she needed to come up with a decision regarding which patient they needed to rescue. He made sure she knew that her decision as a doctor would be the one they would follow, as per the Rules of Rescue. Yet, whenever there are issues pertaining to the Military Law, she always seems to have something to say. As you said, if she keeps doing this, I do see that there will be trouble, and not only for their blossoming relationship, her lack of respect (or indifference) for the military rules will cause her to get in trouble somewhere down the line. 

• Like 6

BTS
12144159_888384297945931_708160037_n.jpg

cr: sophia_moon_is_me IG

Thanks to Dr Daniel for fixing the loud speaker and Dr LCH for idea of relaxing his patient with classical music. Because of you guys, I got to witness a truly magnificent love confession on air by our lovely Dr KMY for her dreamy man, YSJ.

1173218_1751807571705992_569726361_n.jpg

Spoiler

12783351_196659574041994_608348705_n.jpg

Spoiler

1209487_682468841896181_963340834_n.jpg?

cr: storyaboutagirl IG
  • Like 18

@sanaeozora @rumasa79 

KMY doesn't look like she hates what he does, she is just concerned it is not a position of calculated risk as with her profession. This is a plain discomfort not unjust hate.

Why blame only her, shijin also made the comment when running laps that why is he punished when SDY and sergeant GO were the one to be aggressive. That is taken as a joke, so MY's comments should also not be taken literally. She asked for a reason and as usual he declined to comment on his job, so she went ahead and assumed. May be if he went ahead and explained she wouldn't have been so put off. It is is unfair to ask why people blow up when you push them to the edge. She is scared for him and she coming to terms with her attraction to him on her own, with no help of understanding from SJ, apart from his obvious liking to her.

She followed the rules when the rescue site needed to be secured and when he explained the rule. See a little explanation goes a long way. When she was writing the English names for medicines SJ was making fun of it, but she was following the protocol of her profession there, SJ seems to get no bashing there, people assume there is a unsaid collaboration there... 

I admit I am biased towards a opiniated female lead, she is far entertaining than the ones seen ...

• Like 10