[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

@saddleback I agree! Maybe we should write to kbs about this. That's definitely a shortcoming of these DVDs because it only caters towards the Korean audience. Reason why I've never purchased one before. I think their profits will increase drastically if they include subtitles for the entire thing including the drama and the exclusive extras. 

• Like 6

2 more sleeps to go, why Wednesday and Thursday takes so long to come!

673c0421jw1f211z94r3jj20hs0vkaff.jpg

673c0421jw1f211zbw9t5j20hs0vkagi.jpg

673c0421jw1f211za1zljj20hs0vkdmq.jpg

• Like 22

I don't know why but I disagree inviting for ramyun means let's make out, jump onto bed & sleep together. Please, SJ may desire her to be by his side every morning he wakes up but too soon. It will only makes him a pure pervert, attracted to her physically only. And she means a lot to him. Losing her for something like that is not worth it.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, PeachyPeach said:

I don't know why but I disagree inviting for ramyun means let's make out, jump onto bed & sleep together. Please, SJ may desire her to be by his side every morning he wakes up but too soon. It will only makes him a pure pervert, attracted to her physically only. And she means a lot to him. Losing her for something like that is not worth it.

Well, I don't really think he's asking to sleep with her, he's not a jerk who is going to ask that the second a girl admits she like him,  but more spend some time together. He doesn't want her to run off to and leave and wants to be around her. It doesn't have to be perverted.  It's his normal flirty way of talking.  I think he'd be fine with talking with her all night long tbh.   Though he might try to sneak in a kiss or two. :P 

• Like 17

7 hours ago, RadEchiZen said:

to @melissala @kristy86 @Alilla, i'm not particularly sure whether SJ words really have a double meaning or not, but if I'm not mistaken, there's movie, again if I'm not mistaken starring Yoo Jitae called one fine spring day, where the heroin ask the guy(or vice versa, i really can't remember) whether he want to eat ramyeon as an invitation to stay over and afterwards.... So, you get what I mean;)

Oh, I think I got it now. I feel so stupid, I thought he's just saying that he's hungry so ask her to eat ramyeon with him. Thanks @RadEchiZen @ladyme @Alilla for the explanation. I need to be extra cautious from now on, I can't just believe all SJ's words, that flirty captain  :relaxed:  Be strong MY... LOL 

• Like 7

16 hours ago, twtwb said:

"Descendants of the Sun", this thread, my current life and an upcoming paper 

The quality of the drama and your posts make the drama and this thread a part of my daily life these days. I keep rewatching the aired episodes, listening to the drama osts, looking for news and reviews on the drama, and of course, visiting this thread every hour. The first thing I do after waking up is to check this thread. The last thing I do everyday before sleeping is to check this thread and think of the memorable scenes in "Descendants of the Sun". Sometimes I find it hard to sleep, what I do is to open this thread and read your comments.

I have a paper due this month and I have not been able to concentrate as most of my thoughts are with the characters in the drama and their lives. If this happens frequently, my life would totally be ruined. Luckily, it only happens once in a while. It has been so so long since I felt this attached to a drama (since "Worlds Within" to be exact; I also love "That Winter The Wind Blows" but not to this extent). A drama with this quality (from script, directing, filming and acting, to music) is so rare to meet. So I am happy to allow myself to be distracted this much for this period from my work and my life. But I still need to submit my paper by the end of this month. :sweatingbullets: Please wish me luck with my paper guys. Thanks in advance.  

Photo source: Daniel's instagram

I wish you luck with your paper. Same thing happens to me to. Most of my time these days is for the drama. And I can't agree with you more on what you wrote about this thread. It has also become a part of my life.

Talking about another subject, I am actually very surprised that people have watched 8 episodes and still think Dr Kang's acts and concerns are irrational or inappropriate. I can totally relate to her concerns. The fact that she is a doctor only makes her concerns more real.

• Like 17

“Descendants of the Sun” Song Hye Gyo Fashion Episode 5 and 6

March 19, 2016 Saejin Drama Fashion (드라마 패션) 1

Here are the Song Hye Gyo fashion IDs for the most-requested “Descendants of the Sun” Episode 5 and 6.

descendants-of-the-sun-shk-fashion_0021_descendants-of-the-sun-shk-fashion_0019_descendants-of-the-sun-shk-fashion_0020_

Spoiler

dots-fashion-01.jpg

[시에로] 루나워싱 58 티셔츠(SB3TSF014)
SIERO T-Shirt (SB3TSF014) - ₩72,980 @ G-Market

descendants-of-the-sun-shk-fashion_0015_descendants-of-the-sun-shk-fashion_0013_

Spoiler

equipment-short-sleeve-slim-signature-bl

EQUIPMENT Short Sleeve Slim Signature Blouse - $198 @ Shopbop

descendants-of-the-sun-shk-fashion_0014_JESWD300-M902TR.jpg

J.ESTINA Profilo Hélio Earring - ₩81,000 @ J.Estina

descendants-of-the-sun-shk-fashion_0011_

Spoiler

Rails-Hunter-Button-Down-White-Navy-Sky.

RAILS Hunter Button Down in White/Navy Sky - $138

descendants-of-the-sun-shk-fashion_0007_

Spoiler

300158737.jpg

LOOKAST V-Neck Mint Dress - ₩115,200 @ W Concept

descendants-of-the-sun-shk-fashion_0004_

Spoiler

H16SWH24-D03BEI.jpg

J.ESTINA SAVVY HELIO SM ECO SHOULDER Bag - ₩133,200 @ J.Estina

descendants-of-the-sun-shk-fashion_0000_

Spoiler

DG2BX16131BEE_A1.jpg

SUECOMMA BONNIE Modern Strap Sandal - ₩348,000 @ Suecomma bonnie

source

• Like 20

'Descendants of the Sun' nears milestone

By Park Sojung

SEOUL, March 21 (Yonhap) -- A popular TV series about a soldier and doctor who fall in love on the battlefield, inched closer to the 30-percent viewership mark, data showed Monday.

"Descendants of the Sun," the KBS 2TV drama starring actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo, renewed its own viewership record at 28.5 percent last week, data by Nielsen Korea showed.

In Seoul, the figure broke the 30-percent mark the week prior to last one.

The Wednesday-Thursday night drama portrays the struggles of Korean peace-keeping troops and volunteer doctors trying to save lives in the fictional war-ravaged country of Uruk, a situation which gives rise to the liaison between special forces Capt. Yoo Si-jin (Song Joong-ki) and Dr. Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo).

MBC's "Goodbye, Mr. Black," based on the local cartoon series of the same name, and SBS' "Please Come Back, Mister" failed to keep up with single-digit viewership.

Meanwhile, the KBS 2TV weekend series "Five Children" about a blended family with five children captured 27.9 percent of TV homes over the weekend. On Sunday, the show broke the 30-percent mark with 30.1 percent viewers nationwide and 30.9 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area.

MBC's "Happy Home" on weekend nights finished behind "Five Children" at 15 percent. SBS' "Yeah, That's How It is" trailed at 8 percent.

Among cable shows, tvN's "Memory" started with a moderate viewership of 3.6 percent. The series, which succeeds crime thriller "Signal" in the Friday-Saturday night time slot, follows a 40-something lawyer who grapples with his sudden Alzheimer's diagnosis. Along the way, he finds himself revisiting his ex-wife to the dismay of both the ex-wife and his current spouse.

"Pied Piper," a story about crisis negotiators on the same network, was the second-most watched cable drama at 2.4 percent.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2016/03/21/0200000000AEN20160321002100315.html

• Like 13

Haishh... How can anyone question ppl's choice? .. Haiyo... dear there are other things that is more important than love ... 

Each an everyome of us has the right to choose our path ..  has the right to choose what's best for us ..  (of course as long as it is sensible).

MY choose to think thoroughly ..  it's her right.  It's her future anyway .. she doesn't want complication later in life ... so before she sccept him she has to be sure ...

What's the use if she accept him.now and later vomplain about his job... she has to think about their children too (if anyome is serious about a relationship she/he has to think till that extend)... 

Welcome to real world .. where only love is aint enough.. 

MY you go girl .. don't jump into bed just because you think you love him and he has hot body... 

Think so that once you made that choice .. you will never regret it .. come what may...

• Like 14

Song Joong Ki News: Hallyu Star Becomes Most Popular Korean Actor in China

The Korean actor Song Joong-ki has become the most popular Korean male actor overtaking Lee Min-ho's place according to local entertainment news from Sina. His popularity has surged recently through his recent dramas success.

Song Joong-ki is starring in "Descendants of the Sun" which scored 28.8 percent national rating average, according to Nielsen Korea.

His popularity has caught up with other Hally Star Kim Soo-hyun and Lee Min-ho.

According to Yibada his popularity is causing lots of problems in China having China’s Ministry of Justice warning viewers not to spend too much time watching Korean dramas which is causing marriage problem.

His popularity is not just stopping in entertainment industry but even boosting the sales of Red ginseng products in Korea and reviving it's popularity globally. His scene of drinking a red ginseng tonic in recent episode in "Descendants of the Sun." has triggered a sales boost for the Korea Ginseng Corp. (KGC).

Also Red ginseng products are once again attracting keen public attention after popular actor Song Joong-ki was seen drinking a red ginseng tonic, produced by the Korea Ginseng Corp. (KGC), in an episode of the KBS TV drama "Descendants of the Sun."

"With 10 more remaining episodes, Descendent of the Sun will attract the growing number of viewers both in Korea and China," the spokesman said.

http://www.newseveryday.com/articles/33238/20160320/song-joong-ki-news-hallyu-star-becomes-most-popular-korean-actor-in-china.htm

• Like 14

Just now, ewff said:

His popularity is not just stopping in entertainment industry but even boosting the sales of Red ginseng products in Korea and reviving it's popularity globally. His scene of drinking a red ginseng tonic in recent episode in "Descendants of the Sun." has triggered a sales boost for the Korea Ginseng Corp. (KGC).

I have a question about this? Can any of you refer me to the specific scence when he drank that red ginseng product? And @strngrinkr, do you happen to know the functionality of that product? What is it good for? Thanks

• Like 5