[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

1 hour ago, melissala said:

From the slow mo-gif posted by @utkim This is funny, look at her phone

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

She still has the cord in it. lol.  She must have ran in the room, and grabbed it and ran out quick.  I can't wait to see the scene of her grabbing and leaving with the cord and everything, with SJ right behind her chasing her :P

I wonder it's a new phone or still the old phone before the car accident..? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kristy86 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned here, in epi 8, is the scene with Chi Hoon and Kang Min Jae (Mr. Ko's nephew) in the medicube only his imagination? at first he was inside the room but the next second he's in front of him and confront him how he has abandoned his patient. After that MY came as if  no one was there with Chi Hoon, and the young man was inside the room again asking for Mr. Ko to the other patient. Poor Dr.Chi Hoon, he blame himself. Onew is getting better and beter in his acting :D

I think so too, similar to KMY's imagination on shipwreck when both use white shirt/sweater.

In preview i heard argus says that, being around a guy with a gun will get KMY hurt. I imagine argus says it to KMY. instead threatening KMY, why do i feel it's a friendly warning from argus to KMY? somehow KMY get on his soft spot like YSJ does. When YSJ and argus meet in front of the cafe, argus put his gun on his underling's head just to remind YSJ that he should aim for the head if he shoot a gun since it's more effective. 

Argus might be the bad guy now, but him from before whatever life changer event he's been through still there. Maybe it's the memories of argus fight together with YSJ or maybe he just don't want to hurt civillian/unrelated person to his bad business such as KMY.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, twtwb said:

The quality of the drama and your posts make the drama and this thread a part of my daily life these days. I keep rewatching the aired episodes, listening to the drama osts, looking for news and reviews on the drama, and of course, visiting this thread every hour. The first thing I do after waking up is to check this thread. The last thing I do everyday before sleeping is to check this thread and think of the memorable scenes in "Descendants of the Sun". Sometimes I find it hard to sleep, what I do is to open this thread and read your comments.

I have a paper due this month and I have not been able to concentrate as most of my thoughts are with the characters in the drama and their lives. If this happens frequently, my life would totally be ruined. Luckily, it only happens once in a while. It has been so so long since I felt this attached to a drama (since "Worlds Within" to be exact; I also love "That Winter The Wind Blows" but not to this extent). A drama with this quality (from script, directing, filming and acting, to music) is so rare to meet. So I am happy to allow myself to be distracted this much for this period from my work and my life. But I still need to submit my paper by the end of this month. :sweatingbullets: Please wish me luck with my paper guys. Thanks in advance.  

First of all good luck for your paper, hope all going well ♡

And I'm with you in this case. I've never been this drown to any drama before that makes me giddy and curious to find news and info about it as much as I can. And that's when I found Soompi. And this thread becomes large part of my life ever since. I really enjoy everything about this thread, the thougts, observations, news, pics everything! And I'm glad to have a place to share my obsession to this drama and Captain Yoo since everyone in my life thinks I'm crazy to get so attached to a drama and sexy oppa :sweatingbullets: :phew: 

As I'm getting so attached, I also afraid how will I survive when this drama ends? I think I will rewatch the full episodes over over over over and over again until Captain Yoo's charm doesn't sway me off my feet anymore. Although I highly doubt it.

Lastly, I wanna say I love you all DotS troopers! Thank you for making the wait to the next episode bearable ♡ Sorry for rambling and sorry for the broken english, it is not my first language. 

3 more sleeps away... 3 more sleeps away...

• Like 10

Hi everyone, it has been forever since I logged in into soompi. DotS gave me no choice cause of how awesome it is :D

I'm rewatching every episode (perhaps the 100th time) and noticed something interesting in ep7. All the soldiers have a band on their left arm, which shows their blood type, probably for medical help if they get injured. Now we know that our beloved captain's blood type is A+ (A POS on the band), SDY is B+, YMJ is O+ and Ki Bum is AB+. An all-four-blood-type family hehe :D

If you are to believe the myth about personalities based on blood type, it makes sense too.

- Capt YSJ:  type A, no surprises here, as earnest, sensible, responsible, are the typical traits of them. Bad side is overearnest and stubborn, haha.

- SDY: B, passionate, strong, doer (not a talker, so true). And always "going my own way", I feel for you, Lt. Yoon.

- YMJ: O, the universal giver, confident, self-determined, strong-willed, optimistic. Otherwise how could she never give up on that cold man right.

- Ki Bum: AB, basically just weird, our puppy, lol.

I read some posts about Dr.Kang's father could be a soldier. Tend to disagree here. Right from ep 1-2, she clearly didn't know much about the military: she didn't know the right word for "non-commissioned officer", she was unhappy and all when Capt. didn't give her the details about his mission. While, as an army brat =), those things - ranks and orders and "don't ask questions" -  I just know, even when I couldn't paid less attention to that "so much hard work" life. Furthermore, if one person has any knowledge about the army (same with police or doctor etc...), one definitely will ask "which Forces/Corps/Unit you serve under?" and "your rank?" when someone says he is a soldier. It's an effective way to catch lies, when Dr.Kang just didn't believe and told Capt. he was more like a gangster. Lol.

• Like 12

@melissala    @imjagulagula

Spoiler

f875a663-3b3e-4aab-999c-2af21c488601.png

This thing happens because you pick a wrong lipstick 

Omo! you two are too imaginative ha ha ha..

But there is something attract my attention when SDY said in the first episode "you have to meet with the right mentor/sunbae".I have a feeling that perhaps YSJ's father is SDY mentor and who was helped him out from thug circle (like he did to KKB), or maybe MJ's dad? Eemm...

But this is a special gift (check out the spoiler) for both of you. So, you both can rebalance your "naughty" excitement. hahah :w00t:

• Like 5

13 hours ago, melissala said:

I'm more shocked by the ramen line.  We know what that means right lol...  And how he is says it so sultry too. I thought DY and MJ were the ones who were supposed to be making babies, but seems like SJ wants to try too. 

Wait a minute, SJ said in the preview something like: "isn't it too early to go to bed? Let's eat some ramyeon"  is the ramyeon here mean something else? I'm lost here... I thought he's hungry, no? 

• Like 15

I tried to wait until 10 episodes were aired before watching....I hate waiting week to week when I'm watching a good drama.  I've marathon the first 6 episodes and I have to say that I'm absolutely loving this drama. I'm also very interested in the side romance of  SDY and YMJ.  I hate to say it, but at times I want to see more scenes of them than I do of the lead couple because I know that KMY will keep lying to herself about her feelings for YSJ. No offense, but KMY is getting on my nerves. I grew up around a huge military base and something about the way she's treating YSJ like he's a pariah because he's in the military is really frustrating at times.

I know she has concerns and I would love to know what is making her this way, but her job is just as demanding. Doctors are on call 24 x 7. Their plans change at a moment's notice as well.  However, things at some point will stabilize for YSJ, but as of episode 6 she keeps pushing him away......ahhhh....:(

Overall, I'm really loving this drama. I love the action and the romance. Just a breath of fresh air from the norm. Well I must continue my marathon watching to catch up.

• Like 10

Do you know how age they are? I mean…We know that KMY is YMJ sunbae at their medical university, and YSJ is her YMJ sunbae at military academy.

How about SDY? is he older than YSJ? 

I searched it….But I can't find the article mention about it?

Kamsahamida:)

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, kristy86 said:

Wait a minute, SJ said in the preview something like: "isn't it too early to go to bed? Let's eat some ramyeon"  is the ramyeon here mean something else? I'm lost here... I thought he's hungry, no? 

At first I don't thinking so much about this line, But thinking about it, YSJ is the one who suggested SDY to get a chance to have baby with YMJ because they are in the same site work. Yeach for sure…soldiers has a lot of imaginary….wkwkwkwk:phew::phew:

• Like 6