[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

15 minutes ago, enzek said:

to me the reason mo yeon reject to have a relationship with a si jin is clear. yes doctor is also on call 24/7 but nobody will worried about the chance that you might become widow because your partner job. anyway she mention her reason why she reject him in the earlier of ep 6. i don't feel that she treating him badly. she make it clear that she don't want to have a romantic relationship with him because she worried about their future but despite that he still confess to her again while she just experience the earthquake consequence in Urk and death of manager ko. what should she do? and he want her to trust him blindly while he like to do heroic thing and joking about it while she feels so worried. she might reject to become si jin girlfriend for now but her concern and feelings about him is genuine. she's a rational one in this relationship so maybe that's why some people find her action is unappealing.

When I'm done with the next two episodes I may have to go back. I just recall her saying that she save lives while he take lives and that's when she dumped him the first time.  I put his job at the same level as I do police officers, detectives, fire fighters, etc. If I want to take it to another level, then gas station clerks, bank tellers, postal workers, etc.  No job is safe and there are no guarantees.  I work in the financial industry and we have training on if a gunmen enters the building.  I hope the message isn't he has to give up his job in order to gain her love. I hope it's she is willing to take a risk on love--"better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all".

In regards to her actions being rational...I wouldn't call her actions rational, personally, because it's not logical to me--which is framed by the personal world I live in. The "rational" her had given up hope of surviving the car going off the cliff. She was just going to sit there  and record her last will in testament. The "irrational" him was not going to sit there and not fight. He took actions that saved both of their lives. To me, she seems irrational and he seems rational. You don't know what tomorrow holds, so live your life and stop thinking you can predict the future.

Any hoo, just wanted to share my logic behind my comment.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I love reading others perspectives.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, GinaSingapore said:

Thanks a lot for giving so many likes!!;) because of this thread, I've reached the marks 50000!! cute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532

I am glad that @lclarakl has joined this thread too.  cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532 

I am actually curious about KMY's decision. She was about to be sent back and she postponed it because she realised that she was needed there. The question is: will she stay here after rescuing all the victims at the power plant? I do believe so first. On the other hand, YSJ was sent to Urk for 8 months and the 8 months had already passed. When KMY arrived in Urk, it was after 8 months... so will YSJ decide to stay there too?

I also would like the chairman of Hansung Hospital to meet KMY again... especially after he hears that KMY didn't come back with the plane, although she could have come back. Will he go there to persuade her to come back? IT is not that I like him, quite the opposite... but I would like him to meet YSJ!!   This would be his reaction! boxer pink mouse

• Like 16

feature about DoTs , hope someone can translate what's written on the photo

ed97c81bjw1f23mxho8l6j20vw0g4432.jpg

ed97c81bjw1f23mxjj8kdj20vw0g4q6p.jpg

ed97c81bjw1f23mxemznwj20vw0g4776.jpg

Spoiler

ed97c81bjw1f23mxkar5oj20vw0g40w2.jpg

Spoiler

ed97c81bjw1f23mxdz6c7j20vw0g4adn.jpg

Spoiler

ed97c81bjw1f23mxfart5j20vw0g4wi2.jpg

Spoiler

ed97c81bjw1f23mxg5w7kj20vw0g4n1m.jpg

Spoiler

ed97c81bjw1f23mxgwrv6j20vw0g441o.jpg

Spoiler

ed97c81bjw1f23mxij3ylj20vw0g4433.jpg

• Like 20

I can empathise with MY's perspective, accepting that your relationship period will be limited and you are going to be constantly worried about your partner's safety is not a given for all... When you are looking for a solid relationship you tend to weigh in choices much more carefully. And come on, people tend to give up fierce attractions like this for things like financial status mismatch.. Here we are talking about life and death, long separations.. Etc

Also when you have already lost a closest person in your life, you tend to put security on top for your future relations. MY seems to have lost her father, at least he is not in the picture..so she might not be okay with another loss.. I lost a parent when I was a teenager, now one of the greatest requirements when I think about my partner is .. ' he better not die without my permission' . Because losing your closest one is akin to guilt, the one who pass away do, but one who left behind have to live with it for what's left of life..

• Like 19

58 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

When I'm done with the next two episodes I may have to go back. I just recall her saying that she save lives while he take lives and that's when she dumped him the first time.  I put his job at the same level as I do police officers, detectives, fire fighters, etc. If I want to take it to another level, then gas station clerks, bank tellers, postal workers, etc.  No job is safe and there are no guarantees.  I work in the financial industry and we have training on if a gunmen enters the building.  I hope the message isn't he has to give up his job in order to gain her love. I hope it's she is willing to take a risk on love--"better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all".

In regards to her actions being rational...I wouldn't call her actions rational, personally, because it's not logical to me--which is framed by the personal world I live in. The "rational" her had given up hope of surviving the car going off the cliff. She was just going to sit there  and record her last will in testament. The "irrational" him was not going to sit there and not fight. He took actions that saved both of their lives. To me, she seems irrational and he seems rational. You don't know what tomorrow holds, so live your life and stop thinking you can predict the future.

Any hoo, just wanted to share my logic behind my comment.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I love reading others perspectives.

Actually I didn't think MY was "irratinonal" during the car cliff scene. She did the right thing in her perspective. It's very logical to not release the brake but keep jamming on it. You can see how hard MY tried to slam on the brake by using her foot. She just sat there because she couldn't do anything but hold the car not falling down the cliff. It's only SJ who's capable with dangerous situations can really make a safe rescue after that.

Edited by Quynh-Nhu Lai
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, SunnySun26 said:

beautiful

Moderator edit: Don't quote pictures, gifs or videos!! 

Great photos!!The first is real, I know because I`ve been there, but in the second the sky seems fake but it`s still beautifu!! Thanks for sharing them!!

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Quynh-Nhu Lai said:

Actually I didn't think MY was "irratinonal" during the car cliff scene. She did the right thing in her perspective. It's very logical to not release the brake but keep jamming on it. You can see how hard MY tried to slam on the brake by using her foot. She just sat there because she couldn't do anything but hold the car not falling down the cliff. It's only SJ who's capable with dangerous situations can really make a safe rescue after that.

I agree with you, I wouldn't have released the breaks but would have continued to press down on them as hard as I could. I wasn't referring to there actions there as irrational. When it comes to life and death matters, isn't the first thought self-preservation? I think my first inclination would have been to try to jump out of the car; I would have probably died, but I think I would have thought survival. She was even arguing with him when he was trying to save their lives--so he just acted. He assessed the situation and made a logical decision based on his experience.

However, the point I was trying to make is "what is rational behavior."  Denying love on the bases of risky occupation? In episode 6, there's the earthquake. It goes to the point I was trying to make, there are no guarantees in life. She could have lost her life while on an assignment as a 'doctor'. Again, I'm on episode 7, but I hope he doesn't have to switch occupation before she truly accepts him.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, kristy86 said:

Wait a minute, SJ said in the preview something like: "isn't it too early to go to bed? Let's eat some ramyeon"  is the ramyeon here mean something else? I'm lost here... I thought he's hungry, no? 

to @melissala @kristy86 @Alilla, i'm not particularly sure whether SJ words really have a double meaning or not, but if I'm not mistaken, there's movie, again if I'm not mistaken starring Yoo Jitae called one fine spring day, where the heroin ask the guy(or vice versa, i really can't remember) whether he want to eat ramyeon as an invitation to stay over and afterwards.... So, you get what I mean;)

• Like 10

The beach with the shipwreck, is the most famous beach of Zakynthos, is the creation of a whim of nature and a maritime accident in fictional circumstances. The whim of nature is the seismogenic western coast of the island and the deep waters of the Ionian sea that carving them for centuries.The shipwreck was a merchant ship named “Panagiotis”, which on September 30, 1982 aground on this beach with illegal cargo boxes of untaxed cigarettes. This unique combination of the untouched by the human hand beach and the rusty hull in the middle created the most-photographed theme in Zakynthos.:heart:

• Like 11

Where is Song Song couple's dating place in 'Descendants of the Sun'?

2016/03/20

photo703600.jpg

The episode of KBS 2TV's 'Entertainment Weekly' on March 19th revealed some behind-the-scenes stories about 'Descendants of the Sun'.

They revealed the filming location and the geographical background of KBS 2TV's smash hit drama, 'Descendants of the Sun'.

First of all, Uruk, which is the geographical background of 'Descendants of the Sun', is a fictional country. And the beautiful beach where Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo couple had a date in the drama is Navagio Beach in Greece, which is known to be one of the ten most beautiful beaches in the world. The wrecked ship abandoned on the beach is a smuggling vessel, which was actually wrecked in 1980s.

And scenes in the Mooru army post were filmed on an outdoor filming set built in Paju city, according to the entertainment news show. Also, many scenes were filmed at a university hospital in North Chungcheong Province as well as on their filming set in Anseong city in Gyeonggi Province continuously.

Source : osen.mt.co.kr/article...

http://www.hancinema.net/where-is-song-song-couple-s-dating-place-in-descendants-of-the-sun--92600.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

==================

Song Hye Kyo shares her

hilarious photo at Instagram

http://kpopfighting.com/2016/03/20/song-hye-kyo-shares-her-hilarious-photo-at-instagram/

---------------

4uO897u.gif

• Like 17

33 minutes ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Where is Song Song couple's dating place in 'Descendants of the Sun'?

Thanks i so love their dating place...i hope she will stop rejecting him...everybody knows what she feels now...it became so public...

• Like 5