Add and Subtract Game

Admin

3 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

Did you all see that King Charles has been diagnosed with cancer?

:what!:

I was busy updating thread titles in the actor&actress section and this piece of news flew under the radar.... Yikes!

If it's not prostate cancer but was spotted at the same time as his operation, it is either smth in the lower abdomen, skin or maybe a lymph node.

What is going on? :scream: We still don't know what's up with Kate and now Charles. Aigoo... :cry:

• Sad 6
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

5 minutes ago, sweetroad said:

Did you all see that King Charles has been diagnosed with cancer?

Yes, the palace released statement. May King Charles respond well to treatment, recover without complications, and fully get well.

https://www.royal.uk/a-statement-from-buckingham-palace-5Feb24?fbclid=IwAR0AQZ5vCz8U_-_p_NZTRRamVvF5OHX70ZrajkF9VZEXAcI7CWy6ir6o1bc

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

@MayanEcho agree. Hope King Charles has a speedy recovery. :fullofhearts:

Also, wish we would hear of some updates about Kate. She was in hospital for a long time too. :tears:

@Ameera Ali @larus @kingpin @rocher22 Did you see these pics of the ML from Knight Flower? I could barely recognize him without the sageuk costumes.
:spitswater:

AVvXsEhZF0k4omXjB1V055WsaW3seu3qaHxr93D1

AVvXsEjoFEvlqf7Dvlx1Zn-gZU6H-VUPt6rajDeK

AVvXsEjWZjJRhaBbR5lwSpiZiNcLv9-6VaGoJb_k

No abs. I knew she would carry him instead of the other way around :D

[theqoo] THE RISING STAR THAT IS GETTING GOOD VIBE NOWADAYS

https://www.pannchoa.com/2024/02/theqoo-rising-star-that-is-getting-good.html

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

11 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

That new record @agenthYou couldn’t  find fault on plot , acting, lack of abs  ,but  non- existent mole is the reason :joy:

but that mole is annoying. she always wears her hair, even long hair, so you can see it.

it's distracting me because the plot is messy too.

+2

• LOL 5
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, sweetroad said:

Did you all see that King Charles has been diagnosed with cancer? https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68208157

Hope his treatment goes well.

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Yes, the palace released statement. May King Charles respond well to treatment, recover without complications, and fully get well.

59 minutes ago, partyon said:

MayanEcho agree. Hope King Charles has a speedy recovery. :fullofhearts:

Also, wish we would hear of some updates about Kate. She was in hospital for a long time too. :tears:

Wishing King Charles a speedy recoveryDisney Good Luck GIF by High School Musical: The Musical: The Series | Disney+

Also thinking of Prince William, it can’t be easy having his wife, The Princess of Wales, recovering from major abdominal surgery, his dad having a prostrate procedure & now cancer as well:please:

GFl_nOSXQAAr1Cf?format=jpg&name=900x900
cto
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2

1 hour ago, kingpin said:

Also thinking of Prince William, it can’t be easy having his wife, The Princess of Wales, recovering from major abdominal surgery, his dad having a prostrate procedure & now cancer as well

Seriously, it must be stressful in this moment. Plus it has just been a rough couple of years for the royal family anyway. :(

• Sad 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, agenth said:

but that mole is annoying. she always wears her hair, even long hair, so you can see it.

haha i have to agree with you on this one.. i did randomly catch a few episodes of Secrets of Women over some weekends when i went my mama's place.. the mole definitely catch many unintentional glimpses. instead of looking at her expressions and reactions, i ended up staring at the mole too.

some actresses intentionally added some beauty marks too, Mun Ga Young recently said she has 4 favorite spots to randomly add beauty marks on her face during photoshoots..

==

this is another iconic movie by stephen chow.. and yes, it involves a mole too.. haha

1*BIvI1aADqencxHbcooZ-eg.gif

cr.: owner

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Anyone watching the C-drama Amidst a Snowstorm of Love with Wu Lei and Zhao Jin Mai (FL in Reset)?

Both are young and upcoming actors with fandom (more WL), recognized for decent acting chops and aesthetics. 

They filmed in Finland (at least the first 8 eps) and while I am not particularly impressed by the huge amounts of snow, I liked the cafes they visited. Kekeke. There’s a lot of staring in this show, particularly by WL’s character - he’s  fallen in love at first sight and has zero ability to express himself except stare intensely at FL with the sole purpose of boring a hole through her head to tell her so. 

But it is strangely sweet. I think he’s supposed to play a highly introverted billiards genius who has the socio-emotional range of a grape. 

Heart Love GIF by The Grapes

But there’s tension as story progresses in pretty slow burn. And a bit of abs. And competition. 

Also, I am learning about billiards, snooker, pool and Kaisa (Finnish game of a cross between carom and billiards)! Though I am still confused. 

spacer.png

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

What a Tuesday for me... :expressionless:

Anyway, I've de-stressed by seeing a movie. The OC in me took it further, correcting the subs of any spotted errors while watching, so a 150min movie took almost 4 hrs to finish. :sweat_smile:

Tiring, but satisfying, sort of...

I thought of candied apples while munching some slices...

homemade-caramel-apples-recipe-1.jpg

ctto

candy_apple_recipe_featured.jpg

ctto

15 hours ago, partyon said:

I could barely recognize him without the sageuk costumes.

Dude looks better, like another person in casual clothes? Historical dramas are notorious for making the cast look plain, LOL, though there a few exceptions who would be ridiculously good-looking in costumes.

@rocat planning to see it when it's completed. Leo Wu and Angel Zhao are young, but they're very promising when it comes to acting. Ehehehe, they're way better than some longtimer C-ent actors and actresses.

• Blob 6

17 hours ago, sweetroad said:

No.

I hoped he got some money after that because it was not nice of Pepsi to engage in false advertisement.

17 hours ago, sweetroad said:

Did you all see that King Charles has been diagnosed with cancer? https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68208157

Hope his treatment goes well.

I read the news and I am sad about it. I hope he will get well after discovering it on time.

I read more about Lee Young ae`s news drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1641326wpp/production-team-confirms-lee-young-aes-new-dae-jang-geum-drama-is-unrelated-to-2003-drama-jewel-in-the-palace

I get that Dae Jang Geum is a historical figure and they want to tell a new story about her but signing Lee Young Ae knowing well that people still remember her previous role was intentional, to catch the fame of previous drama. Not nice MBC. It would have been better to see another actress in her 40s playing the legendary role. 

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

@Lmangla @Ameera Ali I can't believe I'm saying this.... but sanggu is too cute!!! LOL. I know cute is not the word I should use for an almost 50 year old ahjussi. lol. 

have you heard of the old hallyu drama called "summer scent" (same PD as the one who made "winter sonata"). so he was the second lead there. this was him all those years ago

MV5BMDYwYTk1MzUtYjllZS00ODRjLTgxMTctYTc4 

FhzwdZzaMAElOJo.jpg 

on a side note, @partyon, look how healthy the guys looked in the original hallyu wave. good looking but also normal body. no one is super skinny. why can't it be like that now? 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

have you heard of the old hallyu drama called "summer scent" (same PD as the one who made "winter sonata"). so he was the second lead there. this was him all those years ago 

on a side note, @partyon, look how healthy the guys looked in the original hallyu wave. good looking but also normal body. no one is super skinny. why can't it be like that now? 

Ahh I've heard about these shows. Never watched them though. I find sanggu cute because of his actions. I'll explain later  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

9 minutes ago, joccu said:

They filmed in here? Wow.  In winter here is always lot of snow.   Also cold. 

They did, sometime early last year or late the other year if I remember correctly. It's showing around a year after it's shot, so for a Cdrama that is fast. 

Arabic-Lentil-Soup-6.jpg

ctto

Chicken-Shawarma-3-1024x1536.jpg

ctto

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, rocat said:

Anyone watching the C-drama Amidst a Snowstorm of Love with Wu Lei and Zhao Jin Mai (FL in Reset)?

I will start this weekend:)4934fe253547ba35e24e8cc170f86f8d95ec2efd

Spoiler

9c0624327378fe771f61fb499cb707d2fca0841f

4d2b2d9051752e23d04d6460ff39e23d0726d168

8 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

@rocat planning to see it when it's completed. Leo Wu and Angel Zhao are young, but they're very promising when it comes to acting. Ehehehe, they're way better than some longtimer C-ent actors and actresses.

agree

2a05a8d8cdf09160b7c838d8eb222167980f8bd7

====

Maple Bacon Pancakes

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

35 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I find sanggu cute because of his actions. I'll explain later  

tell us more , not that we didn’t know what you mean Wink @Lmangla :joy:

Was his 6 feet tall , smile , wild shoulder that make impressions on you