Add and Subtract Game

Admin

21 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

they basically butchered anne and created some lizzie type character from P&P. instead of quiet pensive angst, it is supposed to be funny or sarcastic vibe. it is bizarre to say the least. the 2007 version with rupert penry jones was the sweetest. 

i turned off the trailer at the part she "mocks" wentworth and he appears at that moment because i died due to second hand embarrassment ...

and tbh dakota is not one of my preferred actresses

+2

• LOL 5
  • Blob 1

@the_sweetroad ~ the 2007 version was something I really enjoyed. I know that some like the older drama version as well but I found that anne super mousy. I guess it all depends on taste. 

but yea, the netflix one is just plain weird. I did read that there is another BBC production in the works. hopefully they don't butcher that!

@agenth ~ that interpretation was weird. this isn't emma or lizzy. so what is with the mocking? it was bizarre. they might as well have called it by another name and said something like inspired by jane austen instead of adaption. 

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 5

3 minutes ago, agenth said:

i turned off the trailer at the party she "mocks" wentworth and he appears at that moment because i died due to second hand embarrassment ...

Yeah, so bad. :tears:

So you’re saying you didn’t stick around for Henry Golding’s appearance? :lol:

504 C

• Shocked 1
  • Blob 5

Just now, the_sweetroad said:

Yeah, so bad. :tears:

504 C

I didn't see the whole trailer either; turned it off and read comments instead. 

@agenth 

• LOL 6
  • Blob 1

BTS is going to be on a hiatus for a while. It's exactly an year since I became an army. It's been one hell of a ride. I'm not sad. Yoongi said that they are not disbanding, they are going to comeback. So I'll just wait here at the same place till they decide to make a comeback. 

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 3

12 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@agenth ~ that interpretation was weird. this isn't emma or lizzy. so what is with the mocking? it was bizarre. they might as well have called it by another name and said something like inspired by jane austen instead of adaption. 

first of all this adaption is too modern. like the camera work is documentary style 

+also she put jam as moustache on her face to mock him wtffffff

also wentworth randomly drops in and catches her mocking him, because the regency rules of drawing rooms and announcements is NOT in place here. gasp.

further non-regency moments:

• obvious flirting between anne and SML (i forgot the name even though i read the novel sorry)
  • modern words / expression imho
  • anne being extroverted and like quirky-funny and kinda embarrassing 

11 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

im no henry goulding fan but i was interested to see so i tuned in again...

but im sorry this wentworth actor is not dreamy at all,. he looks like he is suffering. ya i know wentworth is supposed to suffer but actually isn't he the type who looks cool and dashing cos he wants to appear like charming and totally unaffected by anne? 

this guy just... doesn't cut it.

in fact henry goulding's character is smexy :D i hope this adaption makes SML win anne lmao. 

11 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

I didn't see the whole trailer either; turned it off and read comments instead. 

haha unfortunately i now did due to @the_sweetroad

it's all her fault!!!

this adaption looks like what shonda rhimes produced... all the modern elements and POC actors.

+2

• LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

4 minutes ago, kokodus said:

BTS is going to be on a hiatus for a while. It's exactly an year since I became an army. It's been one hell of a ride. I'm not sad. Yoongi said that they are not disbanding, they are going to comeback. So I'll just wait here at the same place till they decide to make a comeback. 

are they going to do their army service?

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

51 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

I know that some like the older drama version as well but I found that anne super mousy. I guess it all depends on taste. 

I never did watch the drama version, just the older movie version with Amanda Root. I didn't like that one, either. I guess I'm very picky when it comes to adaptations of a favorite book. I LOVED the Sense and Sensibility adaptation with Dan Stevens, as well as the Emma adaptation with Romola Garai and Jonny Lee Miller. I think it always helps to have actors be closer to the age of the characters in the book.

51 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

they might as well have called it by another name and said something like inspired by jane austen instead of adaption. 

Good thought!

33 minutes ago, agenth said:

but im sorry this wentworth actor is not dreamy at all,. he looks like he is suffering. ya i know wentworth is supposed to suffer but actually isn't he the type who looks cool and dashing cos he wants to appear like charming and totally unaffected by anne? 

this guy just... doesn't cut it.

in fact henry goulding's character is smexy :D i hope this adaption makes SML win anne lmao. 

this adaption looks like what shonda rhimes produced... all the modern elements and POC actors.

Totally, completely agree with everything you've said here, chingu!

haha unfortunately i now did due to @the_sweetroad

it's all her fault!!!

John Lewis Christmas GIF by John Lewis & Partners

You invited me to watch more of the JD/ AH trial, I'll invite you to watch more of a bad Persuasion trailer. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

by the way @partyon you recommended to me mx4 headphones haha... the problem is that the noise cancelling works, however the microphone function does not work well...

people told me "hey i can understand your colleague [sitting 3m away from me] better than you" 

LMAO.

i researched and apparently that's an issue that persist, due to connecting 2 devices?  *sighs*

• LOL 4
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, agenth said:

researched and apparently that's an issue that persist, due to connecting 2 devices?  *sighs*

you never told me that you needed them for microphone purposes too :D 

I would have recommended to you Jabra headphones instead :D 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

1 minute ago, partyon said:

you never told me that you needed them for microphone purposes too :D 

I would have recommended to you Jabra headphones instead :D 

I complained and Amazon first wanted me to send the mx4 back so they can "repair" it but apparently i complained too much so they switched out the headphones but i noticed the same problem occurred again and then i found on the internet people saying that this is due to connecting via phone app + 2nd device (pc/laptop)... problem is that you always have to kinda connect via phone app? 

hmm those jabra headphones have the microphone stick hahah. i did get other headset supplied but those arent noise cancelling hahaha... 

+2

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

brx:postcardDeskLarge

ctto

Ah, morning to y'all!

I can sleep soon after an all-nighter, hehehe...aww, miss my pillows and blanket!

Ugh, why do I still see so much of AH online? Also, her sense of entitlement is making me bonkers! And then crazy supposed to be established media companies to still be milking her until Lord knows when! What do they see with that unhinged, pretentious twat?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Blob 4

14 hours ago, joccu said:

@confusedheart  i finally was able to finish Kafka book. It one of those book that either hate or like. There is no middle.    There is one really good quote

“ What if I sleep little more and forgot about all of this nonsense” 

Frank Kafka - metamorphosis 

Sis @joccu and twin @confusedheart am in a dilemma whether to read it or not.

What emotions did u feel reading it ?

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

Morning all!

991974.jpg

Just finished Our Blues last night. It was a fun ride though many tears were shed.

Then @agenth and @Lmangla I googled “new Persuasion film looks so  bad” and read through some of the fan reactions. Made me even sadder. :heartbreak: Not sure if I’ll watch the movie now or stay far away.  Or just FF to all the Mr Elliot (SML) scenes.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

52 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Then @agenth and @Lmangla I googled “new Persuasion film looks so  bad” and read through some of the fan reactions. Made me even sadder. :heartbreak: Not sure if I’ll watch the movie now or stay far away.  Or just FF to all the Mr Elliot (SML) scenes.

oh, you made me google just to see the reactions! am glad to see the reaction from austen fans was bad that there were 3 articles on it. makes me feel all better that we are not the only ones annoyed and that everyone has the same complaints.

the movie makers basically didn't understand what makes persuasion so angst and so moving. they didn't understand what it is about the book that people love and still relate to. it is the grief of regret, feeling like life has passed you by and the embarassment of not being where you think or hoped you would be at a certain point in your life  -- not sure why they think they need to update that because those feelings happen in every age. those are not the feelings that only fit into one century. that is why persuasion is still relevant and there are fans of that book. there was no need to do this weird modernaization that rips apart the soul of the book. morons!

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

Hey there Chingus!!!

57712776.jpg

On 6/8/2022 at 9:57 AM, Lmangla said:

+2

@partyon @Sleepy Owl and other fans of jang nara and jang hyuk -- woo hoo! another possible reunion. hope it happens!!!

http://koalasplayground.com/2022/06/07/jang-hyuk-offered-male-lead-in-k-drama-family-opposite-jang-nara-with-potential-for-third-reunion/

Yup, I saw that, and it would be cool to see them together again :piggydance:

On 6/9/2022 at 10:14 PM, 4evrkdrama said:

Its been a while since am extremely excited to share a malayalam movie to someone other than a malayali. 

Have you heard about this movie ?

Chingu @Sleepy Owl, @kokodus have you heard ?

Its available on netflix !

I have heard the name, but for the past few weeks I have been super busy and couldn't even check out the synopsis of this. In fact I didn't even know it was a Malayalam movie :joy:

Tell me how it is Chingu, if it is good, I will add it in my watchlist :eats:

On 6/10/2022 at 7:03 AM, sadthe1st said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i think it's the soothing low tone of SYJ's voice.. that makes all her script lines so.. therapeutic hahaha

and was she speaking spanish in those scenes in ep4..? those sounded so good too!

the preview to ep5 is going to get more exciting.. someone's jealousy is setting in..

btw, @Sleepy Owl @LeftCoastOppa chingus, where are you????

Chingu, was super busy for the past several weeks :isannoyed:

You watching "Eve"? How is it? 

On 6/12/2022 at 4:18 PM, sadthe1st said:

unfortunately, i'm not exactly a fan of her dramas.. although i did watch Gangnam Beauty and there is our legendary cardboard oppa in it

tagging @Sleepy Owl haha

You mention "Cardboard Oppa", you get "Cardboard Oppa" pic as a bonus:piggydance:

T2ea1TG.jpg

On another note, I am not really Im Soo Hwang fan either. I have seen her in "Graceful Family", "My ID is Gangnam Beauty", and "Iris 2" before. She is definitely not among the actresses whose drama I would check out just because she is acting in it. 

Talking about her, how is "Doctor Lawyer" by the way? I planned to start it, but didn't get the time to.

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

19 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

You watching "Eve"? How is it?

i think both @LeftCoastOppa chingu and you might like it since there's more glamorous women to see, than hunky dory men.. oh wait, the Dr. Toy Boy is hunky dory.. @confusedheart

finding nemo eyes GIF

plot wise, too early to comment.. but not bad to-date.

scene wise, not suitable for little humans.. extra reminder to @MayanEchochingu

Swag Lol GIF by alessiodevecchi

You mention "Cardboard Oppa", you get "Cardboard Oppa" pic as a bonus

hahahaa i need to save your image.. i remember one chingu asked about the legendary cardboard oppa but i can't remember is who.. @confusedheart @4evrkdrama @Idylla Kaizoku @the_sweetroad

Talking about her, how is "Doctor Lawyer" by the way? I planned to start it, but didn't get the time to.

watched ep1.. less than half way and dropped it

try watch Link.. and also, watch out for Alchemy of Souls!

and netflix released news of Squid Game 2, Alice in Borderland, All of Us are Dead 2, Sweet Home 2

all_of_us_are_dead.jpeg

cr.: owner

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 2