Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@partyon  did not see bel ami.  

@larus I do sometimes wonder what is with these kind of horrific stories that get people sucked into.  And that they make dramas about true crime stories.   But then again I’m into these kind of stories and dramas. 

@Lmangla decoy is new psychological thriller and bel ami is old drama. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

OMG! Jang Geun Suk did a fabulous job depicting those heartbreaking scenes! Anyone watch Bel Ami?

No. From what you said about Bel Ami`s mother, it looks like a makjang drama.  I think I saw Jang Geun Suk only in one drama Beethoven Virus. I have to check if I saw him in other dramas but I don`t think I saw him in other works.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@partyon ~ is bel ami a new drama? old one? haven't heard of decoy either. is that something new? worth checking out?

Bel Ami is an old drama. Think I watched it back in 2013?

Decoy is his new drama. @joccu is saying it's really good!

@larus Not a makjang drama. It was a romance / rom-com. But the ML just happened to have the most evil mother on earth. It was so pitiful. :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

But the ML just happened to have the most evil mother on earth. It was so pitiful.

Usually the makjang shows mother in law from hell. :w00t: I hope the heroine escaped such fate, to deal with such a person. If not, where is the comedy in that drama? :hwaiting2:

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

13 minutes ago, larus said:

Usually the makjang shows mother in law from hell. :w00t: I hope the heroine escaped such fate, to deal with such a person. If not, where is the comedy in that drama?

I don't remember exactly, but I think the ML was an orphan and had a pretty pitiful upbringing in an orphanage (?). As an adult, he is rather successful with his own business but comes up against some kind of super annoying corporation that wants to destroy his business / company. Later wanting to destroy him personally too.

At some point, it's revealed that the owner / CEO of the company trying to destroy him and his business is his real birth mother. And it's made clear that she knows who he is and STILL wants to take everything away from him and destroy him. :flushed:

I think she tries to send him away to another country at some point, and I think she tells him straight in his face how unhappy she is that he was ever born - and that he was the biggest mistake of her life. And that she hates his guts. And that he destroyed her life.

Mom of the year. :spitswater:

This meme is actually about his mom who wants to send him away:

leave+country+things+I+learned+about+kor

I think she even tried to have him killed at some point. :scream:

Then the mom's friend or smth said this to the ML who was called Ma Te (and this was in the last episode). :rage:

mom.jpg

I don't remember exactly how it ended, but I feel like the ML and his mom went separate ways - I don't think they ever reconciled (I think that he just abandoned her and accepted that his mom would never love him). That would have meant the FL never would have had to deal with a MIL - thankfully.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Just now, rocat said:

Bel Ami is old…10 years or so ago? 

Yea. Did you watch it? I was just trying to remember how the ML's and his mom's story ended (see my previous post). Please let me know if I remember it wrong.

I will try to watch Decoy ep 1 later tonight. :coolshades:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, partyon said:

I don't remember exactly how it ended, but I feel like the ML and his mom went separate ways - I don't think they ever reconciled (I think that he just abandoned her and accepted that his mom would never love him). That would have meant the FL never would have had to deal with a MIL - thankfully.

Yes, it is a good ending. Who would want to see them reconciled?

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

13 minutes ago, larus said:

Yes, it is a good ending. Who would want to see them reconciled?

Now that I think about it, I think she did redeem herself and apologized to him for abandoning him when he was a baby...

Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

But I feel like they still went their separate ways after telling each other "Have a good life".

Or that's what I hope happened :D She was so vile, I think no one wanted to see them actually reconcile as mother and son anymore.

Chingu, it was 10 years ago since I watched this drama, so my memory is fuzzy. :grimace:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

Yea. Did you watch it? I was just trying to remember how the ML's and his mom's story ended (see my previous post). Please let me know if I remember it wrong.

I will try to watch Decoy ep 1 later tonight. :coolshades:

Yes, I watched it cos I watched everything that had JGS then. Kekeke.

He was one of the manlier kkonminams.

Unfortunately, I cannot recall the ending exactly but I vaguely remember her getting rid of evidence that he was her son and that him finally cutting her off was good riddance.

• Blob 3

11 minutes ago, rocat said:

Yes, I watched it cos I watched everything that had JGS then. Kekeke.

He was one of the manlier kkonminams.

Unfortunately, I cannot recall the ending exactly but I vaguely remember her getting rid of evidence that he was her son and that him finally cutting her off was good riddance.

I just remembered being so shocked that she was so mean to him. It was so pitiful. In the end, I only stayed for that story arc because the rest of the drama was kinda meh.

I remember loving the 2nd ML. He had done ML roles before (saw Lee Jang Woo as ML in I do, I do in 2012?), so it was surprising to see him as they guy who didn't get the girl. David was his character's name. :wub:

blogger-image-1030132740.jpg

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Anyone been following the former EXO member Kris Wu's scandal?

Apparently he gave syphilis to one of his rape victims. :spitswater:

https://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2023/02/more-details-emerge-of-kris-wus.html

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/02/kris-wu-accused-of-having-syphilis-by-alleged-rape-victim

Peeps who watch c-dramas, was he a popular actor? @MayanEcho @SilverDawn @rocher22 @Wuzetian 

- no number -

• Like 1
  • Shocked 3
  • Blob 1

25 minutes ago, joccu said:

Spain eurovision song for this year

Yeah, no.

@Lmangla I don't think you should watch Decoy. Most scenes are in darkness...

Eyes Dark GIF by marko

@rocat @joccu OMG! Jang Geun Suk is back y'all! :love: He didn't just age into an ahjussi oppa - his acting also improved (even though it was very good before too).

Doesn't Jang Geun Suk channel Jared Leto in his own way somehow? The same kind of flair and fashion sense?

Jared Leto Reaction GIF by House of Gucci

Can't believe I am watching him on screen again. :cutekitty:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I liked Bel Ami...  :D

Ooh, you watched it? Do you remember if mom and son reconciled? I feel like they went separate ways after she apologized, but I can't remember. :bawling:

3 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I watched the first episode of Bait...but I couldnt see anything because the scenes were shot in dark mode.

Yeah, it's very dark, but the story and the cinematography are very good despite that. Are you going to watch ep 2, chingu?

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

7 hours ago, partyon said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11713609/Im-older-woman-took-Harrys-virginity-Digger-driver-Sasha-Walpole-40-comes-forward.html

Am laughing that she actually came out and admitted it. Bet PH is not too happy right now :D 

lol I am laughing because he made it sound like it was someone waaaaaay older. also I'm just feelin second hand embarrassment. imagine googling your own mum 5 years later and you can readf about her sexual experience.

she shared A LOT of details for something that was only 5 minute / 15 minutes in total. 

+2

• LOL 5

@partyon @rocher22 ~ thanks for the heads up; won't bother with decoy. I don't understand the point of dramas where I can't see stuff. . :sweatingbullets:

randomly saw this trailer on youtube and I was confused to read in the notes that this was remake of "my fellow citizens" -- I didn't finish that kdrama but it was nothing like the vibes of this remake. not sure whether to facepalm or not. 

this is the siwon version trailer:

this is the american remake trailer:

what do you think chingus? very different vibes no? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

what do you think chingus? very different vibes no? 

yea but i also haben't seen my fellow citizens... has anyone? should i start watching so i can compare the american version? 

+2

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3