Add and Subtract Game

Admin

4 hours ago, partyon said:

Peeps who watch c-dramas, was he a popular actor?

He was popular enough to have loud crazy fans defending him when he was jailed. I knew one drama of his that was about to be shown when the scandal broke. That drama is indefinitely shelved though there are talks of re-shooting his scenes with probably a more famous, veteran actor so that the huge investment can be recouped.

I don't know about his acting as I'm not sure if I've already seen him, since I can only recall the names of the actors/actresses or the characters they played be it main or support if they left a deep impression on me. 

Given that the Chinese censors would have had pulled out all his previous dramas or films he was part of, and won't air the unreleased ones, I'm quite relieved that he didn't end up as male lead in one of my favourite Cdramas.

His victims, especially the kids, are pitiful. At the very least he's cancelled by the govt authorities no less, and he would be imprisoned for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 2

14 minutes ago, JungAhIrin said:

I’m from the U.S. Texas, actually. 

Omo! So glad to have someone else from the US on this thread.  Now @LeftCoastOppa won't feel lonely anymore. :kiss_wink: 

@LeftCoastOppa dongsaeng, you have a chingu here now! :love: Y'all can share BBQ and texmex food pics here! :love:

The rest of us on this thread are from Asia and Europe. (You'll see a lot of Eurovision Song Contest chatter from us Europeans here at the moment - to the dismay of some non-Europeans who just can't with all the bad music. We don't blame them.:joy:)

14 minutes ago, JungAhIrin said:

And yes, I love BTS. I have been following them since 2015 and proud. My bias is Hoseok. 

Wooooow! @the_sweetroad's bias is also Hobi! :heartxoxo:I really enjoyed his album last year. Dark Hobi is cool!

6a65e30f36bef594c69691328ae9a24ffc57da72

My bias is Yoongi (you might have guessed from my DP :D). Unfortunately I have to share him with @4evrkdrama.

bts-suga.gif

V (also called Raccoon Oppa on this thread) is a favorite of @gm4queen @agenth @Ameera Ali and @kokodus

@confusedheart's and @rocat's bias is RM.

Poor Jiminah and Kookie are not anyone's bias on this thread, but I am sure they are many peeps' bias wreckers.

@JungAhIrin Have you visited the BTS thread on this forum yet?

@MayanEcho With that behavior, I am wondering if he did similar things to his fans while being an active idol in Korea? And if he did, how much was swept under the rug? Have heard that the idol entertainment business is extremely dirty. :grimace:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

15 minutes ago, partyon said:

With that behavior, I am wondering if he did similar things to his fans while being an active idol in Korea? And if he did, how much was swept under the rug?

Who knows? I can bet though that he might have done something like that too even before he became an idol.

It was hard enough him getting found out in China.

I did see some footages of him being touchy with a young teen showbiz personality, and luckily for her, there was an elder actress in that same show who was shielding that young girl from his advances while they were filming. It was sickening to watch. He was a shameless predator.

Ooo, @LeftCoastOppa now have a West Coast friend. ^_^

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 3
  • Blob 2

@joccu Ep 18 of Barf Thai Lakorn was sooooo satisfying, seriously. The cheating hubby was finally exposed as a scumbag on air.

Why Women Kill Cheating GIF by Paramount+

Curb Your Enthusiasm Bingo GIF by Jason Clarke

But @joccu I have a bad feeling about Dr. Vikanda's dad - why do I feel like he's going to pass away? :tears:

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I did see some footages of him being touchy with a young teen showbiz personality, and luckily for her, there was an elder actress in that same show who was shielding that young girl from his advances while they were filming. It was sickening to watch. He was a shameless predator.

I seriously need a "BARF REACTION BUTTON". :spitswater:So gross. :crazy:

4 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Junki's character and his finger tats... pretty cool...  :D

My oppa has a tattoo :kiss_wink:

korean-actors-with-tattoos-jcw.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@rocher22 Lee Jong Suk had fake finger tattoos in a photoshoot back in the day:

korean-actors-with-tattoos-ljs2.jpg

Uri Donggu (Yoon Shi Yoon pseudo oppa) had to sport a fake tattoo in "Your Honor". I liked it :kiss_wink:

Yoon-Shi-Yoon-1.jpg

Btw, "Your Honor" is one excellent kdrama. I rewatched it last year and @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng rewatched it in January. Both of us agreed that it just gets better with every rewatch. @agenth maybe you should watch it?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

34 minutes ago, partyon said:

Wooooow! @the_sweetroad's bias is also Hobi!

:fullofhearts: 

@JungAhIrin Hobi’s laugh always makes me smile. Which is why Darker Hobi was harder to get used to, because there was no laughing there. :blink: But he and all the boys are great. :)

37 minutes ago, partyon said:

The rest of us on this thread are from Asia and Europe. (You'll see a lot of Eurovision Song Contest chatter from us Europeans here at the moment - to the dismay of some non-Europeans who just can't with all the bad music. We don't blame them.

The Grammys are tonight in Los Angeles. I just looked at the nominee list and saw that Maneskin is nominated for Best New Artist. Wonder how they’ll dress for the ceremonies? :P

Italy GIF

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

50 minutes ago, partyon said:

My oppa has a tattoo :kiss_wink:

this is JCW.. right..   :sweatingbullets:

40 minutes ago, partyon said:

Uri Donggu (Yoon Shi Yoon pseudo oppa) had to sport a fake tattoo in "Your Honor". I liked it :kiss_wink:

the drawing is an angel but it is written ANGLE...  I like it if that was the intention...  :D

Dong Dok Mai...  the preview for ep 18...:scream:  

I like the ML but I hope his violent behavior will not be portrayed as something romantic..

• LOL 5

7 hours ago, partyon said:

Omo! So glad to have someone else from the US on this thread.  Now @LeftCoastOppa won't feel lonely anymore. :kiss_wink: 

@LeftCoastOppa dongsaeng, you have a chingu here now! :love: Y'all can share BBQ and texmex food pics here! :love:

I’m actually from way down south of Texas, close to the Mexican border. So, yes, lots of bbqs. I can share pictures if you’d like. :lol:

Wooooow! @the_sweetroad's bias is also Hobi! :heartxoxo:I really enjoyed his album last year. Dark Hobi is cool!

My bias is Yoongi (you might have guessed from my DP :D). Unfortunately I have to share him with @4evrkdrama.

V (also called Raccoon Oppa on this thread) is a favorite of @gm4queen @agenth @Ameera Ali and @kokodus

@confusedheart's and @rocat's bias is RM.

Poor Jiminah and Kookie are not anyone's bias on this thread, but I am sure they are many peeps' bias wreckers.

@JungAhIrin Have you visited the BTS thread on this forum yet?

Dark Hobi was BEAUTIFUL!!! The angst in that album made me fall in love with him even more. I’m an ex punk rock/emo fan so this album excited me. 

Yoongi is actually one of my MAJOR bias-wreckers. So… we can gush over him anytime. 

Why is V Raccoon Oppa?? That’s an interesting nickname. 

Namjoon… :dizzy: I ADORE that man! He’s my second bias-wrecker! BEAUTIFUL man!!! 

I have not been on the BTS thread. There’s too much to go through lol. I know I should though. 

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote GIFs! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

his is JCW.. right..   

Yes, my Ji Chang Wook oppa! :Pandabulous:

the drawing is an angel but it is written ANGLE...  I like it if that was the intention..

It is intentional. I can spoil why it is written ANGLE. You can still watch the drama since it’s not a major spoiler 

Spoiler

The ML is a twin. His twin brother is always the righteous guy who does well in school and becomes a judge.

Whereas the ML is a rebellious guy who ends up in jail and is always angry at the world (rightfully so because his judge twin brother has kinda screwed him over and his mom loves his judge brother more).

His tattoo doesn’t really signify an angel. It signifies the word ‘angry’ (which the ML is) - Koreans write ‘r’ as ‘l’. Hence angry becomes angle.

In any case, things get interesting when his judge brother suddenly disappears and the ML has to act like his brother in order to hide from some bad guys who are after him fresh out of jail…

This drama is seriously so good. It is in my top 10 best kdramas ever 

Dong Dok Mai...  the preview for ep 18...:scream:  

Wait, where are you watching this subbed? :scream: @joccu and I have only found subs until ep 3. Please tell us where we can find subs for more episodes. Please chingu! 
Beg Please GIF by ROZES

33 minutes ago, JungAhIrin said:

I can share pictures if you’d like. :lol:

If you do, please tag @LeftCoastOppa - he will be so happy! 

Yoongi is actually one of my MAJOR bias-wreckers. So… we can gush over him anytime. 

Omo! :dorakiss:

Why is V Raccoon Oppa?? That’s an interesting nickname. 

Uhm… Well… It’s because many people here feels that he wears a lot of makeup. Hence raccoon you know …

:emmm:

have not been on the BTS thread. There’s too much to go through lol. I know I should though. 

No rush, take your time! :kiss_wink:

PS. @JungAhIrin

Spoiler

Just a gentle reminder to remember to remove pics and gifs when you quote posts - as per the forum rules :kiss_wink:

That will make the lives of our lovely moderators a bit easier. Thank you!

:dorashakes:

So glad that Team Sub was able to get the number down a bit today. Team Add has

overpowered us for a while already.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

16 hours ago, Lmangla said:

watching random vid about cargo planes and seeing this for the first time -- beluga airbus cargo plane. I can't decide if it is strange looking or ugly cute like a large dolphin with wings.

Here is a short video of one being assembled

10 hours ago, partyon said:

Dropped Kokdu: Season of Deity.

What a bad drama. Like really bad. :unamused: The acting? Atrocious. :unamused:

I know what you mean Noona - I'm still watching though

I've seen both leads in other dramas and can't figure out whats gone wrong here, neither ML or FL is that bad an actor/actress.  I'm clinging to the hope that it'll get better when the story gets more serious.

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

randomly saw this trailer on youtube and I was confused to read in the notes that this was remake of "my fellow citizens" -- I didn't finish that kdrama but it was nothing like the vibes of this remake. not sure whether to facepalm or not. 

Looks intriguing - I want to see who they cast in Kim Min-Jung's role as the lead villain - she was great B)

My Fellow Citizens Korean Drama Review | Kdrama Kisses

4 hours ago, partyon said:
4 hours ago, JungAhIrin said:

I’m from the U.S. Texas, actually. 

Omo! So glad to have someone else from the US on this thread.  Now @LeftCoastOppa won't feel lonely anymore.

Welcome to the thread @JungAhIrin:)

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Ooo, @LeftCoastOppa now have a West Coast friend. ^_^

Texas is actually on the gulf coast, but yeah its closer than the rest of you :lol:

2 hours ago, partyon said:

If you do, please tag @LeftCoastOppa - he will be so happy! 

Anything that breaks up the near constant abs-fest ... yes, I'd be sooooo happy :rolleyes:

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@partyon I've never really heard about him except when they were promoting the supposedly new drama "The Hairpin". Then the scandal broke out already. And he has this sinister and evil look. So my feelings about him was pretty right when I saw his face for the first time. 

@JungAhIrin Hello! I love this Texas! One of my favourite bands!

CTO 

@LeftCoastOppaHello Chingu! You are here! Sorry I can't offer you food as I'm using mobile. Don't know how to upload without desktop...Lol..

+2

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

@willenette @the_sweetroad Good for Jungkookie to stay true to himself and be who he wants to be.

https://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2023/02/jungkook-explains-his-tattoos-and-his.html

I don't mind his tattoos nor his piercings. I think they look nice!

@partyon  I very much agree with you - Currently, he's not working 24/7. So, he does have personal down time to chill and be himself. I admire him that he remains faithful to himself. So NICE to see him happy in his recent live-video. Jungkook loves ordering food whenever he's in the mood to do so. It's a well-known habit that he really loves getting close to the camera. He loves to get up close and personal with the camera at all times! His hair has become long. It's still very appealing and attractive in my eyes. Fans love him unconditionally for everything that he does.   :ohboy2:

Well, I guess some people have a different opinion on his numerous tattoos on his body. If they don't like it let him be. Like you, I also don't mind it. Jungkook's tattoos are gorgeous, they are meaningful to him. I'm here to support Jungkook. In South Korea, they still hold a negative stereotype towards people who have tattoos as in the past it was related to clan members or gangsters. To this day, various K-pop idols who have tattoos must cover them up with bandages, patches or makeup when appearing on music programs, news or entertainment shows, due to media policies especially KBS, which is a public television station. This channel has strict protocols compared to its cable TV counterparts, of course fans are not happy about this and on several occasions have demanded that the conservative policy be changed. This happened to him.   :weary:

+2

6 hours ago, rocher22 said:

For some reason I remembered the drama Lawless Lawyer..

Junki's character and his finger tats... pretty cool...  :D

@rocher22 ohhh..... I've watched this drama but, haven't noticed it until I saw the picture you posted. My eyes are not so sharp sometimes - hehehe   :Megalol:

+2

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3