What Japanese drama are you currently watching?

snow_angel

Drop the last two I previously posted. Ugh. Haven't finished yet: Boku no Yabia Tsuma. Lost Days. 

Checking new drama  Soshite, Dare mo Inaku Natta but ep 1 is still raw though-  drama is kind of intriguing. story of brilliant engineer whose identity disappeared and everything he owns was change- yeah reminds me of that Neeson movie.

Finally..anybody knows the j version of MARS?
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2016 at 4:30 PM, jongski said:

Drop the last two I previously posted. Ugh. Haven't finished yet: Boku no Yabia Tsuma. Lost Days. 

Checking new drama  Soshite, Dare mo Inaku Natta but ep 1 is still raw though-  drama is kind of intriguing. story of brilliant engineer whose identity disappeared and everything he owns was change- yeah reminds me of that Neeson movie.

Finally..anybody knows the j version of MARS?

I found the japanese Mars and am in two minds whether to watch it or not... main reason being i am not immediately attracted to the main lead... Have you seen it? 

I just started Nobunaga Concerto. Need to watch more before I make my opinion!

• Like 1

@staygold nope.. I dunno the title of the j version. I want to watch it.

On my watch list: Marumaru Tsuma.  Risou no Musoko.  One thing about doramas they're quick to watch, plus we all know the dramas they have are more weird and daring story lines.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jongski said:

@staygold nope.. I dunno the title of the j version. I want to watch it.

On my watch list: Marumaru Tsuma.  Risou no Musoko.  One thing about doramas they're quick to watch, plus we all know the dramas they have are more weird and daring story lines.

The japanese Mars is called MARS - Tada, Kimi wo Aishiteru, or MARS But, I love you.

I have seen Marumaru Tsuma. I was very disappointed with it.  

I agree, Jdramas are refreshing and willing to take risks.

• Like 2

@staygold  Thanks. And I finally found  a sub  for the drama..yey. I like tw drama..so I wanna see if I'll like this too.

Oh no Marumaru Tsuma.  Yikes...Should I watch? I'll check it? I still have 4 I'm watching and one current an looking. How about Gaku no Kaidan? what's your thoughts?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jongski said:

@ru5h yeah I'm also watching -Seisei Suruhodo, Aishiteru .   

I tried watching Sukina Hito Ga Iru Koto  and Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo, I will just marathon when all episodes are subs.

We should make thread for these Japanese dramas :)

ok if u wanted to be TS, just make thread for that japanese drama

i love that dramas :)

• Like 1

And the drama that's called Infidelity at Tiffany's aka PPL Tiffany's aka  I stole your husband aka Seisei Suruhodo, Aishiteru   :lol:

Ha ha. That bold declaration "she's mine!" by the VP Kairi... then the kiss.. the ep 2 Mia stole the ring of Kairi.. she's like her ex  boyfriend that's so creepy. Yay! kinda hooked I dunno yet the backstory between Kairi and the wife but he's like paying for his 'sins'

One thing I I can say..  the beautiful Tiffany ( I like that silver heart earrings!) jewelries and those Jimmy Choo shoes.  So Emi Takeii gets to wear  them? Lucky gal! :D

Then I tried to watch raw of Soshite, Dare mo Inaku Natta,  All I know is that he lost his identity, looks interesting, too bad no English sub. I'll just wait.

• Like 1

Guest ina111

@jongski haha, thank you for the laugh. I love your alternative titles for "Seisei." :lol: 

There are still no English subs for "Soshite, daremo inaku natta"? I remember seeing that a fansub group announced they were going to sub it, so I thought that the subs would available by now. Perhaps they have their subs locked down to prevent uploading to streaming sites. I've watched the first 3 episodes, and the whole identity theft setup seemed thin to me. (Even if all the electronic records are gone, aren't there still paper records, photos, and friends and family who can vouch for a person?) I'll keep watching because I'm curious about the motive and identity of the person(s) behind the conspiracy, but I can't help feeling annoyed by some aspects of the story. :) 
I really like the ending theme song though - so fun and catchy!

"Oni" by CreepHyp  (This is just a teaser video. The song hasn't been officially released yet.)

I'm currently watching Soshite, daremo inaku natta, ON, Sukina hito ga iru koto and Toki wo kakeru shoujo. 

I was on the fence about ON after watching the pilot episode, but it grew on me in the subsequent episodes. The protagonist turned out to be a lot more interesting than she appeared at first. :) 

I also gave Hapi Mari a try a little while back, but decided that it's too soon for me to watch it. The characters and their interactions reminded me too much of Shunin and Michiko (characters from Dean's previous drama Dame Koi), so I decided to wait a few more months before I watch it. :)  

I like the ending theme song for that show too -  2007 song by Hata Motohiro called "Scales" / uroko)

On 7/27/2016 at 11:35 PM, staygold said:

I found the japanese Mars and am in two minds whether to watch it or not... main reason being i am not immediately attracted to the main lead... Have you seen it? 

I just started Nobunaga Concerto. Need to watch more before I make my opinion!

@staygold watching the drama  right now.... I feel you. Taiwanese version is still the best!  This J-drama feels like high school version whereas the tw one is college  and everything about the drama is good.  I'm still waiting for k version.

@Ina111  no sub yet Soshite, daremo inaku natta. I can watch  k-drama raw. It's hard when it J-drama raw the most word I'm familiar is moshi moshi :)

And of course  Dean Fujioka drama watching that as well.

• Like 2

A Girl and Three Sweethearts

Yamazaki Kento and Kiritani Mirei looks good together.

Hapi Mari

I was watching it a while back as well but the subs are not updated and it felt like their relationship progressed too fast in the drama so I dropped it.

• Like 3

I am currently watching  sukina hito ga iru kot.  Kento has really grown up like a man.  So love him.  I liked ep.5 so very much especially when masaki gestured chiaki to go to kaede while pretend talking on the phone.  

I ll try the other doramas mentioned above.  thank you all for the recommendations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aziraphale said:

Started Kageri Yuku Natsu. Always nice seeing Watabe Atsuro on my screen.

I agree about Atsuro, I love all his work, wish more of it was subbed.  You'll like Kageri Yuku Natsu, it is very well written.

• Like 2

Watched the subbed episode of Aogeba Totoushi. It was boring. the thing is I finished watching 2 episodes. Ha ha. I wanted to watch the delinquents perform.  It it's interesting in  a way because it's a bunch of misfits who used to be in band.. but it's not you're usual band.. it's like they play trumpet, the sax, keyboard.  Plus  I wanted to see two 18 yr old promising stars

• Like 1

I watched hapimari.  I got hooked after seeing the male lead.  I think  the female lead was in the second japanese version of Itzunara the kiss.  she is ok.  It was like i have watched dean fujioka already.  I googled him and saw he has done many tw dramas as the second lead.  wow!!! i did not know he is a multi linguist person and can talk so many languages.  I hv watched all his tw dramas as well previously.  So i tried his another j dorama PLEASE LOVE THE USELESS ME - Dame na watashi ni koishite kudasai with KYOKO FUKADA and SHOHEI MIURA.  i liked it.  can see once.  i like kyoko also very much.  hapi mari has only 5 episodes subbed out of 8 eps.  I can kinda understand japanese to a very little extent.  so finished all the 8 eps.  So far, i liked all the episodes

• Like 2

Hola everyone... Am currently watching Suki Na Hito, Seisei Suruhodo n marathoned Hapi Mari till ep7 last nite, what a gem coz Dean Fujioka is hot in that drama, hahaha I love bad chaebols!:P As for Seisei, I'm having 2nd male lead syndrome and I don't really care abt the VP, lol.  Still waiting subbed version of Suku Na Hito ep.6, too lazy to watch raw n guessing what they r saying.

• Like 2

Ha ha looks like we're all watching Happy Mari.. and we  love Dean Fujioka  :D

And finally Soshite-Dare-mo-Inaku-Natta aka LostID is subbed! I watch the first 3episodes raw and   was clueless but still watched Ha ha. 

• Like 3