Quantcast
Jump to content
snow_angel

What Japanese drama are you currently watching?

Recommended Posts

2manytears, isn't Kodoku no Gurume a gem?  We've just started watching season 5 hope there will be many more to come!

Also just watched Okitegami Kyoko no Biboroku - the Forgetful Detective and LOVED IT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently watching:
Nigeru Onna, Haburashi, Naomi to Kanako and Damena Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai. The first three are darker in content (suspense/crime), and the last one is a light rom-com. 


I've also watched all 4 episodes of the medical drama Fragile, but dont know how I feel about it yet. I like the actors, and the patient cases are interesting enough, but there is about 5 minutes in every episode where I felt a really strong urge to fast-forward. :)  


I recently finished Shinzanmono which was mentioned by several people on this thread. It was very enjoyable - thank you to all who recommended it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im currently watching HIMURA HIDEO NO SUIRI,But eng sub taking palce too long,Yamaneko phantom theif too only 2 ep subbed...Many Jdramas has subing problem..I want to watch Higanbana series but not even 1 ep subbed...I watched Designer BABY till 6 eps...2 more to go..waiting for eng sub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#mym999 I so agree with you, I too am getting very frustrated in how many really good Jdramas are not being subbed at all or are subbed only partially and then dropped.  I've also been wishing someone would sub the Higanbana series.  

I'm watching and really enjoying Kazoku no Katachi right now, it is so very funny and well written, but its subs seem to take forever too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mym999 I watched "Designer Baby" last year, and I thought it was quite good. The person who is doing the subs now seems to be moving at a 1 episode per week pace, so the last two episodes will probably be done very soon. 

From what I can tell, most Jdramas are subbed by individual fansubbers, which makes the process slow and uncertain. It's really unfortunate that Viki doesn't get licences to show currently airing Japanese dramas. I bet the subs would be lightning-fast in that case. :) 

 

@Kathy thank you for commenting about "Kazoku no Katachi." I was looking around for something new to watch after "Nigeru Onna" ended, and that's one of the dramas that caught my eye. I think I will give it a try next. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#ina111 I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I am.  I hope the day will come when many more currently airing - as well as recently aired - Japanese dramas will become available, I know I'd be happy to pay a fee just to help with the subbing since that really is all I can contribute not knowing how to sub :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ina111 said:

@mym999 I watched "Designer Baby" last year, and I thought it was quite good. The person who is doing the subs now seems to be moving at a 1 episode per week pace, so the last two episodes will probably be done very soon. 

From what I can tell, most Jdramas are subbed by individual fansubbers, which makes the process slow and uncertain. It's really unfortunate that Viki doesn't get licences to show currently airing Japanese dramas. I bet the subs would be lightning-fast in that case. :) 

 

@Kathy thank you for commenting about "Kazoku no Katachi." I was looking around for something new to watch after "Nigeru Onna" ended, and that's one of the dramas that caught my eye. I think I will give it a try next. 
 

Nigeru Onna drama has eng sub???can you give me link of drama...i havent watched it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kathy I feel the same way as you. I hope that Jdramas will become more easily available in the future. :) 

@mym999 Nigeru Onna doesn't have English subs at this time. I watched it with Japanese subs. (My Japanese is not good enough to watch raw.) If you can read Chinese, I've seen C-subs up to episode 4. 

I pm-ed both of you a link with some information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watch with eng sub only......i watch mostly mystery/thriller./detective/suspence in jdrams.....rather than comedy and romance

the pattern i like most in jdramas is uniquee style of lead..like weather girl using weather to solve,forgetful detective,dos deka,forensic doctor solving,mathematician etc....i like such dramas rather than normal detectives....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ina111 said:

@Kathy I feel the same way as you. I hope that Jdramas will become more easily available in the future. :) 

@mym999 Nigeru Onna doesn't have English subs at this time. I watched it with Japanese subs. (My Japanese is not good enough to watch raw.) If you can read Chinese, I've seen C-subs up to episode 4. 

I pm-ed both of you a link with some information.

 

i recently watched this....i like the plot and suspense  of every episode....  Majo Saiban(2009)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mym999 I haven't heard of Majo Saiban before. I just read the synopsis and it sounds like something I would enjoy a lot. Thank you!

Most of my favorite Jdramas from last year were in the genres you listed (crime, mystery, suspense), though I tend to lean toward the more common type of detective stories. I have been trying to branch out again and watch more of a variety of dramas, and I love reading the recommendations here. 
I only regret that I don't have more free time to watch all of these fun shows. :) 

 

@Kathy So when you click on this letter icon in the upper right hand corner of the page, the message doesn't show up? I wonder why that is. Are you able to send PMs to other users? (Sorry, I'm not tech-savvy, so I'm probably asking really silly questions.)

VMUFuyo.jpg


The link I sent in my PM was just a link to the site that lists Jdramas and fansub groups that are/were working on them. It's something you can easily find by googling, I just wasn't sure if it was ok to post the link in the thread, so I PMed it instead.


My message is definitely not worth worrying about, but if you have a chronic problem with PMs, it's probably worth contacting the soompi tech support and getting to the bottom of it. I noticed that there is another soompi user with the same name (lowercase Kathy), I wonder if that could mess up the pm addressing. I don't think that there are any account settings that would turn off the message delivery, but I'm not very familiar with soompi features myself. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Himura Hideo no Suiri .....is my current list...i really liked it...and music too..like old movie classic music from folk tale....ep 5 eng sub realsed...give it a try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#ina111 I did click on the envelope on the top right and it just tells me there are no messages, I'll have to try to contact someone about why that is.  

#mym999 I'm watching Himura Hideo no Suiri as well and enjoying it.  It is definitely in a lighter vein, but I'm also enjoying Keishichou Zero-gakari have you watched N no Tameni?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if 'Let Me Call You Father-in-law' will continue to be subbed?  I enjoyed episode one so much but several episodes into it only that first episode has been subbed so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2016 at 11:43 AM, Kathy said:

Does anyone know if 'Let Me Call You Father-in-law' will continue to be subbed?  I enjoyed episode one so much but several episodes into it only that first episode has been subbed so far.

 

@Kathy The person who is subbing that drama (c-love-r-cafe on tumblr) has a thread over on d-addicts forums. They haven't posted any sub updates since publishing episode 1 on January 31. They also haven't announced that they dropped the project, so I'm hoping that they will continue subbing.


BTW, I liked Kazoku no Katachi a lot. I had planned to watch one episode last weekend, but ended up watching four. :lol:  At this rate I'll be all caught up before episode 7 airs this Sunday. I agree with you, it's a very well-made drama. It's funny and heartwarming without being sappy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys anyone has srt file for higanbana and specialist...

On 26/02/2016 at 6:31 AM, Kathy said:

Just finished watching Designer Baby, highly recommend this one, terrific writing, acting and production.  More, please :)

i too finished it...I liked it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2016 at 9:40 PM, Kathy said:

#ina111 I did click on the envelope on the top right and it just tells me there are no messages, I'll have to try to contact someone about why that is.  

#mym999 I'm watching Himura Hideo no Suiri as well and enjoying it.  It is definitely in a lighter vein, but I'm also enjoying Keishichou Zero-gakari have you watched N no Tameni?

 N no Tameni i never watched it..I thought its more of melodramatic and guilt..i read some where that he got arrested with out commiting murder bcz of guilt and frnd doesnt budge over his decision to surrender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...