What Japanese drama are you currently watching?

snow_angel

@lolavic1 Yeah I'm with you. Also another favorite of mine! Every Kimura Takuya fan ( like us!) will always remember and love that drama! The Long Vacation... another one of the jdramas, I don't wanna see a remake or another version. I don't know why.

Currently watching Crisis eps 4-5 .When I like drama, even if it's raw and I don't understand dialogue, I watch.

• Like 1

Guest ina111
On 5/13/2017 at 2:03 AM, jongski said:

@ina111 was reading drama news I learned there will be kdrama version of  Million Stars Falling From The Sky. It's one of my favorite Kimura Takuya dramas. It's dark, emotional, and mysterious. At first, I wasn't thrilled because  the ones I like I don't want a remake ie: Orange Days or Pride (yeah that's ultimate fav!) however, it got me excited.  I read tvN will do the k-version.  What do you think? I hope they have excellent cast for the version.

@jongski Seriously?! *runs off to google*

I will definitely watch it! (If it happens.) I have to say that I'm a little surprised. I have a hard time imagining that kind of a dark story in a new Kdrama. I expect that this version might be significantly different from the original, which is not a bad thing in and of itself. I know that we probably won't be getting any details soon, but I'm dying to know which actors will be in it. I'm also hoping for an excellent cast! :) 
I'm still waiting for any news about the Korean remake of 1999 Jdrama Ice World that was mentioned a while ago. That one would make an awesome OCN thriller. 

@lolavic1 I love Long Vacation too. :wub: 

You and jongski have made me nostalgic by mentioning these dramas. I want to go rewatch them now. 

On 5/13/2017 at 8:05 AM, jongski said:

Currently watching Crisis eps 4-5 .When I like drama, even if it's raw and I don't understand dialogue, I watch.

The end of episode 5 will probably make you smile. Remember that scum from episode 2 who was hinted to be behind the prostitution and murder cases, 

Spoiler

yet got away with it and went on to become the chief cabinet secretary? Well, he gets arrested on child prostitution charges, courtesy of superintendent Kaji. :) 

I don't understand why Kaji couldn't do this right away in episode 2 though. Saving underage girls and punishing criminals was not enough of a motivation? 

@ina111 exactly.  If k-version is confirmed, hmmm I can see the usual  "hallyu" suspects for the leads.. but  hope it's someone new and raw but with acting skills!

As for Ice World, I'm not familiar with the drama. Now I have to check that. :D

At some point, I can see in the horizon q  k version of Death Note, or something like Rich Man, Poor Woman. The kind of dramas that will appeal to locals in a kdrama style. There was a version of Shinya Shokodu ( Midnight Diner) 2015 I think but.. drama catered to mature viewers. But anyway....

When will Hanzai Shokogun be sub? I watched all episodes raw. I know what's happening based from the story plot but  it's raw have no idea what's going on. and who is who's the hooded guy? Is he bad??? or he's going to help our lead?

Also Chiisana Kyojin is still raw I but I watched. Can you please recap just the main points, was our lead MPD (dunno the character name) set up hence he was demoted to the work on other side of police dept?

• Like 1

Guest ina111

@jongski I'm not sure what's going on with the subs. I had fully expected that some fansub group would pick up those shows, but no luck so far. I noticed that Koi ga heta, my current guilty pleasure :), isn't getting subs either. It's surprising, because all three of them seem like mainstream shows that would draw enough interest.

The hooded guy from Hanzai Shoukougun

Spoiler

I had to go back and peek into the episodes to check - are you asking about him?

0wVtotk.jpg

Genius/ Takumi played by Jun Kaname. 
He's definitely a bad guy. He is the mastermind behind the child kidnappings. He befriended Sakiko online and recruited her for that part time job of babysitting the kidnapped kids. The poor woman thought that she was interviewing kids as a part of market research for a toy company. The guy bringing the kids to Sakiko is Takumi's brother.
Takumi is a misfit with a major superiority complex. When the brother asked him why they don't demand more money as ransom (in episode 1 @37:07), Takumi replied (rough translation, just to give you a feel for the character)
"You don't understand anything. The objective is not money.
In this world there are too many people whose existence is worthless. They continue living carefree, without feeling ashamed about their low levels of intellect, the silly, stupid masses. I will make those ignorant people realize... who rules this society/world."

:wacko::crazy:
Actually, I'm a little frustrated with that show at the moment (ep 5 in particular), but I plan to keep watching until the end. :)

Chiisana Kyojin seems like a hard show to watch without subs. 

Spoiler

The lead, Kosaka, made a mistake when he tried to detain that driver for a sobriety check. He did that because he knew that the local police department's detectives thought that there was something suspicious about the suicide of his ex girlfriend. (The investigation so far is all related to that apparent suicide case.) The newspaper article claimed that Kosaka was drunk at the time and that he subjected the driver to forceful questioning, and that the car was damaged as a result. Kosaka's boss, division chief Onoda could have protected him, but he told the inspector general that Kosaka did indeed consume alcohol during the dinner meeting. Hence Kosaka's demotion from the MPD headquarters to a local police station. 
Someone leaked the fact that Kosaka was drinking at the dinner meeting to the press to get him in trouble, but that seems to be the extent of the "set up". In a later episode Kosaka comes to suspect that Onoda is dirty and that he had an ulterior motive for demoting him, but that was before Kosaka had all the facts. The jury is still out on Onoda though. This is one of those shows where friends and enemies aren't easy to distinguish.:) 
I'm curious about what happened to Kosaka's father. Like Kosaka, he also wanted to become chief of the First Investigation Division.

I also loved Border. It's so far the only Jdorama that made me cry. I cried at the last scene. I closed my laptop, curled up and cried aloud. 

I'm currently watching Beautiful Bones. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jeijei said:

I also loved Border. It's so far the only Jdorama that made me cry. I cried at the last scene. I closed my laptop, curled up and cried aloud. 

I'm currently watching Beautiful Bones. 

Border was just so very well written as well as acted.  Seeing him change and finally crossing the 'Border'.  Just really well done.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 9:52 AM, Kathy said:

Border was just so very well written as well as acted.  Seeing him change and finally crossing the 'Border'.  Just really well done.

Yes, it was excellent throughout. The bgm rocked and Oguri Shun put in a wonderful performance. That ending took real guts!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the cute SP with a super long name: Watashi ni Unmei no Koi Nante Arienaitte Omotteta. Takahashi Issei needs to be in more rom-coms.

Late to the party, but finally watched Kanojo wa uso wo aishisugiteru. Dear Sato Takeru, you should have this hairstyle for the rest of your life. So hot!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Currently watching: Akira to Akira,  Gomen, Aishiteru, Aishite tatte, Himitsu wa Aru. Heck, I never miss a Fukushi Sota drama or movie. I watch him for pure pleasure don't care what others/bloggers  *coughs* psycho....  say about his acting. Watching more jdrama (and cdrama) than kdrama at the moment.