What Japanese drama are you currently watching?

snow_angel

I love doramas!  and jmovies I'm waiting for the remake of kimi wa petto. February.

Well... these two! Ha ha ha <3<3

Chiba Yudai Instagram update with Shison Jun! - both them gonna have movies and drama,  Jun Shison is the guy in the remake of Kimi wa Petto, Chba Yiudai,  goting top be in the move ReLife

C0kBNsfUkAA4C8O.jpg
cr:autieerin twt

And that visuak tho' also waiting for this movie..
Poster visual for live-action 'ReLIFE'. Nakagawa Taishi, Taira Yuna, Takasugi Mahiro, Ikeda Elaiza, Chiba Yudai, Okazaki Sae. (cr; unleashedthegeek)
CzjQz3hUkAAyn8f.jpg
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2016 at 3:07 PM, jongski said:

@ina111 oh well.. we gonna watch this remake right?   Feb 6 premiere. Ironic the name of the actor playing  the role  is also Jun.. he he

@jongski Yes, definitely, I feel like I'm obligated to watch. :) Starting from the leads' visuals, the preview video is very reminiscent of the old version. I know that it can't be helped to some extent, they're both adaptations of the same manga. I just hope that the new adaptation is fun to watch and that it also brings something new. (Then again, it's been so long since I watched the old version, the novelty might not matter so much to me. :lol: )

I went on a long-ish drama hiatus recently, but I managed to finish Jimi ni Sugoi and Cain and Abel. I loved Jimi ni Sugoi, it stayed light and positive the whole way through.
I didn't like the ending of Cain and Abel very much, I felt that it was too tidy after everything that happened. Oh well. The idol actor playing Yu was new to me. I've read some viewers' complaints about him being miscast in this drama, and I have to agree that he looked very young. His acting seemed decent to me though. He has a big movie coming out this year (Fullmetal Alchemist), I hope that he does well in that. 

I'm looking forward to the 2017 winter drama season. I'd love to hear what all of you are watching or planning to watch next.

• 2 weeks later...

@ina111 hello! you mean Yamada Ryosuke from Cain and Abel? Although I am a fan of him (looks at icon) I too found him quite young looking for the role that I didn't really even watch the drama. He has other dramas though like where he plays roles that fit him. 

Right now I'm watching :Totsuzen Desu ga, Ashita Kekkon Shimasu which stars Mariya and Ryuuta from Flumpool. It has potential, plus I like both leads and the cast. Hope it does well. 

• Like 3

@lee-chan yes, that's him, thank you! I should have looked up his name. I'd be interested in seeing some of his other work. :)

I also hope that "Totsuzen desu ga" will do well. From what I remember none of the 2016 dramas in that time slot had great ratings, it would be nice if this drama changed that trend. I probably won't end up watching it since I already started watching (way) too many other dramas. (LOL, I need help.)

At the moment I'm following Rakuen, Quartet, Kuzu no honkai, Uso no sensou and Okaasan, musume wo yamete ii desu ka? I'm also contemplating Tokyo tarareba musume. (I like the female leads, but I got a little bored by the first episode.)

Watching A Life! pretty good episode 1!  Kimura Takura tho'  my eyes poppin with hearts!  I've always been a fan!

And waiting fr  remale  of Kimi wa Petto and that Oguri Shun and Hidetoshi Nishijima Drama "Crisis". I'm excited for that! my favorites!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ina111 said:

At the moment I'm following Rakuen, Quartet, Kuzu no honkai, Uso no sensou and Okaasan, musume wo yamete ii desu ka? I'm also contemplating Tokyo tarareba musume. (I like the female leads, but I got a little bored by the first episode.)

@ina111 atm, checking Rakuen. Afterwards Kuzo no Honkai :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

while, its been a long time here in this forum, annyeong j dorama followers.  Recently while i was on a blog i like, i came across a suggestion to watch MAJO NO JOUKEN,  a 1999 j dorama.  the leads being Takizawa Hideaki and Matsushima Nanako.  I did not know, how i missed this classic dorama.  I just got sucked into the drama and finished all the 11 episodes in one shot.  I could not stop or give  break, thats how excellent was the drama and i should specially mention the OST by UTADA HIKARU.  The ost just melts you.  wow!!!!!   Actually i did not watch hideaki kun's recent drama Seisei suruhodo, aishiteru fully.  i watched upto 3/4 episodes and stopped.  I did not like the plot and i did not like the present him.  I liked his 17 year old looks.  he was so adorable and kawaii.   All J dorama viewers should definitely watch this if not seen before.  i give it 10/10.

I have not recently watched any new doramas after We married as job.  Any recommendations?????

• Like 1

@padhari my current fav is A Life! watch it. Takuya Kimura...thumbs up!  try also  Okaasan, Musemo wo Yamete Li Desu Ka? suspense drama with Yagira  Yuya  being hailed as one of the best young actor right now.. along shomeni sota? Kento Yamazaki. I've not watch the drama though

@ina111 is the drama good?

@padhari my favorite among the dramas I'm currently following is Quartet.

"First Love"  I am a fan too! :wub:

@jongski I watched 4 episodes of Okaasan, musume wo yamete ii desu ka, and there hasn't been much suspense so far. It's nothing special story-wise, but it doesn't bore me and I like the acting. :) 
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying A Life. I'm not watching that one, but I might give it a try later.

I watched the first episode of Kimi wa Petto yesterday, and it was fun. Looking forward to more!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest ina111

@jongski I think the subs for the first two episodes of Crisis are already available. 
I'm watching it as well. I love the cast, but I'm 4 episodes in and still not feeling the story. I feel like I would enjoy this show a lot more if I were more of a cynic. :)

I'm also following Hanzai shoukougun(4 episodes in), Chiisana kyojin(3), Reverse(4) and Koi ga heta demo ikitemasu(4). I've watched the pilot episodes of Boku unmei no hito desu and Hokuto, but I'm not sure I'll continue with those. 

The two I'm most interested in at the moment are Hanzai shoukougun and Reverse.

@ina111 Thanks. I'm gonna watch the subs for Crisis. I've been watching it raw. It's definitely not a stroll in the park kinda drama. Me thinks. it's delves into terror attacks, and dark topics/ and "personal crisis"  from our two males  hampered by their past.

I'm also currently watching "Chiisana kyojin" to and I'm gonna check "Hanzai shoukougun" . Anything action crime mystery thriller, I like.   Also checking currently  "Anata no Koto wa Sorehodo"  though it looks like mature drama. I read story line for "Reverse" I have a feeling I'm gonna like it! Thanks.

I mostly watch jdramas in one seating so I usually wait for all 10 or 12 episodes to be sub. But since I'm only watching one kdrama at the moment. checking a lot j-dramas and c-drama.

• Like 1

@ina111 was reading drama news I learned there will be kdrama version of  Million Stars Falling From The Sky. It's one of my favorite Kimura Takuya dramas. It's dark, emotional, and mysterious. At first, I wasn't thrilled because  the ones I like I don't want a remake ie: Orange Days or Pride (yeah that's ultimate fav!) however, it got me excited.  I read tvN will do the k-version.  What do you think? I hope they have excellent cast for the version.

btw, I watched 3 episodes of 3 nin no papa. it's cute silly and light drama.. to watch while waiting for main  course of dramas.

@jongski , I like Long Vocation

Oh the Kimura Takuya monster this series turned me into. It is such a simple storyline but it is also possibly the most charming ever (& ah, hello? The soundtrack is fricking amazing!) It is the ultimate feel-good story. I was grinning non-stop like a silly little girl experiencing her first high school crush in the final few scenes where Sena & Minami just yell each other’s name out at one another over & over & over again xDDDDD Their relationship is played out at the perfect pace.

• Like 1