What Japanese drama are you currently watching?

snow_angel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ina111

@2manytears This drama is the first time I've heard of her. I like her voice and her singing. 

I'm still trying to decide which one of the new spring drama season shows to watch. I'm following 3 at the moment:
"Kakkou no tamago wa dare no mono." A Higashino Keigo adaptation. I wasn't super engaged by the first three episodes, but it's getting more interesting. The whole series is only 6 episodes long, so I figure it can't hurt to see it through to the end.
"Hinoko." Love it so far. Creepy and fun at the same time.
"Dias Police"  with Matsuda Shouta. I wish the episodes were longer. (They're only about 25 minutes long.)

I watched quite a few pilot episodes this week: "Juuhan Shuttai", "Love Song", "Contrail", "Sekai ichi muzukashii koi", "99.9" and "Busujima Yuriko no sekirara nikki". Sekai ichi koi was my least favorite of the bunch, and Juuhan Shuttai the most. I know that there's no way that I can follow all of these shows, but I can't help being curious. :)  I'm also curious about "Boku no yabai tsuma" and "Watashi kekkon dekinain ja nakute", but I haven't had a chance to watch them yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

.Currently its...Omukae Desu aka Okumae Death. With  Fukushi Sota.  Love Song with Fukuyuma Masaharu  I drop Fragile sometime  February. I last about  two episodes. Doesn't have the "BRAIN" like grit  feeling.  Mostly rewatching old favs.. Gosh.. too many.  Stil waiting for kdramagods to do a remake of Tatta Hitotsu no Koi or mah fav Pride. Have this certain actor I wanna see :D  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kathy said:

I am so disappointed that My Dangerous Wife seems to have stopped subbing at episode 4, does anyone know if the rest of it will be subbed?

What are you smoking? She uploaded episode 5 last week.

1 hour ago, Aziraphale said:

What are you smoking? She uploaded episode 5 last week.

I don't smoke anything and never have :)

Could you kindly tell me where I might find episode 5?  The usual sites I've been able to locate it are NOT showing episode 5 subbed as of today.  Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kathy said:

I don't smoke anything and never have :)

Could you kindly tell me where I might find episode 5?  The usual sites I've been able to locate it are NOT showing episode 5 subbed as of today.  Thanks!

That sounds like you're streaming the drama. If so, you need to have patience instead of thinking the subber has cried off. If you're not streaming, you should already know where to find subs.

Guest ina111

*waves* I'm also watching My Dangerous Wife. I'm glad there are other soompiers who are watching. The story is getting a little crazy, but I'm finding all the twists and turns very entertaining. 

I'm enjoying "99.9%" more than I expected. I've also started following Contrail and Busujima's Diary, but I'm not as current with those as with my other dramas.

@Kathy I know that you have problems receiving PMs. Can you try sending me a PM instead so that I can then try replying to that? Perhaps that will work. 

@jongski I'd love a remake of Pride! I'm curious about which actor you'd choose. :)  (Actually, I think you might like "Yami no bansousha" @Aziraphale recommended.)

Slighly OT, but I figure that there are probably fans of Ueno Juri on this thread, so I wanted to share the news. Congratulations to the happy couple!

(Credit: Ueno Juri's instagram, her husband's twitter)

@ina111 I just sent you a PM, please let me know if you get it :)

So who do you think N31 is?  I think it is the neighborhood gigolo and am I correct that in a brief tease for the next episode there is a photo of him with Maria???

There certainly aren't many 'good guys' in this one but it is so well written I'm loving it, guess that was why I got impatient, so sorry subbers you are most appreciated!

I'm also enjoying 99.9 very much.

• Like 1

Guest ina111

@Kathy I got your PM, and I PMed you back. I hope that my message made it through!

I know what you mean. This is a drama I watch as soon as I can get my hands on the next episode. :D 

That photo in the preview for episode 6 seems to be the photo of Maria and her barkeeper friend. I'm still not sure what "N31" stands for, but there was a hint about its possible origin in episode 6. 

Spoiler

Kouhei and his PI ex brother-in-law think that it's a shorthand for "November 31", which is the name of a now closed bar that used to be run by that barkeeper friend. Apparently, he used to be Maria's tutor in high school.

@ina111 Ji Soo :)  Also want a remake of tw drama MARS with Ji Soo.

What's everyone's take on  Bok Yabai  no Tsuma  ( Gone Girl... sorta) and  Good Partner?  Kaku Kento and of course Takenouchi Yutaka

I drop Love song. Can't stand after several episodes.

• Like 1

Guest ina111

@jongski Very good choice! If dramagods exist, I hope that they are listening. :lol:

I haven't seen any episodes of "Good Partner" yet. Your mention of Takenouchi Yutaka reminds me that I read somewhere that there is going to be a Kdrama adaptation of the 1999 Jdrama "Ice World." I liked that drama a lot, and I'm really looking forward to the remake. I hope that the new version keeps the same dark mystery feel of the old. 

I didn't like the latest episode of "Yabai Tsuma" (7) as much as the earlier ones (maybe because I watched the finale of "Hi no ko" right before it), but I'm enjoying the show overall. The plot is messy, most of the characters are scheming against each other, and I'm always left wondering what's going to happen next. I'd love to see a character like Maria in a Kdrama. I hope you like it, @evie7 :)