What Japanese drama are you currently watching?

snow_angel

the wolf girl and the black prince subtitles is up in gooddrama.net.   its a regular high school romance movie and simple story.  i liked it very much. J dorama/movie lovers!!!! try to give it  a shot coz Kento kun is hot!!!!!!!:wub:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Currently watching Nigeru Wa Haji with Aragaki Yui as the lead actress, I thought I've seen her somewhere n realized she was in  Okitegami. Also watching Hippocrates no Chikai, waiting for Cain to be subbed n see if I will continue watching. 

@padhari thx for recommending Wolf Girl n The Black Prince, I enjoyed it so much, great movie.:)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

any recommendations on current j-dormas?  coz i see a lot of doramas subtitled on dramacool.  confused as to what to see.  while, i ll start with the above mentioned dorama-we married as job.  thanks.  while i browsed on the net.  i found this review on this dorama.  trying reading this.  nice review.  

http://www.ninjareflection.com/2016/10/we-married-as-job-episode-1-first.html

• Like 1

Is anyone here watching Suna no Tou or Cold Case? I was wondering if they're worth starting.

@Aziraphale I watched the first two episodes of Career because of him, but didn't get any further. Maybe I should pick it up again. I'd love to see detective Hulk (Minami) relax a bit. :lol:

I'm currently following Jimi ni Sugoi (on episode 6), Nigeru wa Haji (ep 5) and Cain and Abel (ep 5). @padhari In case you're still looking for recommendations, I'm enjoying the first two very much. I like Cain and Abel as well, but I'm worried it might turn too melo.

I also watched a fall drama special "Mohouhan" last weekend. I liked the source novel, so I was looking forward to watching it, but I ended up kinda disappointed. Maybe I set my expectations too high, but I felt that a few of the key characters in the drama were like caricatures of those in the book. That together with some awkward acting made it hard for me take the story very seriously.

I do plan to read more from that same author, Miyabe Miyuki in the future though. :) (Her novel Solomon's Perjury is getting a Kdrama adaptation very soon.)

On 11/15/2016 at 5:08 AM, ina111 said:

I'm currently following Jimi ni Sugoi (on episode 6), Nigeru wa Haji (ep 5) and Cain and Abel (ep 5). @padhari In case you're still looking for recommendations, I'm enjoying the first two very much. I like Cain and Abel as well, but I'm worried it might turn too melo.

thank you for the recommendation.   i have started watching Nigeru wa haji - we married as a job.  i like it so very much.  i have watched otoni Ryohei in K-reality shows.  i like him and also the female lead Yuri aragaki.  The male lead character is kinda boring but i think from ep.5 its kinda interesting.  still waiting for subs for ep.5  I like the ending credits song and the simple dance by all the characters.  Nice one.  the bgm is addictive and it just stuck into my mind. 

On 11/15/2016 at 5:08 AM, staygold said:

I just started watching Sumika Sumire. It has 8 episodes in total. The heroine is Mirei Kiritani, the lady from A girl and three sweethearts. 

http://asianwiki.com/Sumika_Sumire

I like the female lead very much.  But on dramacool, still there are no subs.  where can i watch this with subs??? i read the synopsis and like it very much.

edit: I got it with subs on Kissasian.com.  thank you for the recommendation. :heart:

• Like 1

On 15/11/2016 at 7:38 AM, ina111 said:

Is anyone here watching Suna no Tou or Cold Case? I was wondering if they're worth starting.

@Aziraphale I watched the first two episodes of Career because of him, but didn't get any further. Maybe I should pick it up again. I'd love to see detective Hulk (Minami) relax a bit. :lol:

I'm four episodes into Suna no Tou and things are finally starting to get interesting. There is a lot of mummy politics in the first three episodes and that can get a bit tedious, but Kanno Miho is solid and makes you want to root for her most times. Matsushima Nanako seems to be channelling bits of her Kaseifu no Mita days. Watchable, but not mind-blowing.

Career followed the same formula for four episodes, with Minami finally relaxing a bit at the end. His character is seriously irritating. I'm only watching this for Tamaki Hiroshi, everyone else is kinda meh. The yoga thing is funny though.

Also started Cain and Abel. The first episode was decent.

• Like 2

Thanks @Aziraphale, that's good to know!

I ended up watching the pilot of Cold Case, and it had the same feel as the American version. I like the cast, but I figure I can skip it without missing much.

Watching Koetsu and Tako bicker on Jimi ni Sugoi is making me very happy these days. My apologies to Yukito, but I can't help shipping those two. :D

This is a random bit of news I chanced upon while looking for the Cain and Abel text preview on the Fuji TV website.

Fuji TV is having some kind of a relay crossover event between three of their currently airing dramas Cain and Abel, Career and Chef. They're calling it "Heroine Festival", and the idea is that a female character from each of those shows will make an appearance in one of the other two. 
The crossovers seem very minor, but it's still kind of fun for the viewers who are following more than one of those dramas. :) 
The three actresses participating (photo credit: Fuji TV )

zTG0tih.jpg

More info here: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/career/topics/index11.html 

From what I understood, Minori from Career (played by Miori Takimoto) has already appeared in ep. 6 of Chef that aired on November 17.

Haruko from Chef (played by Haruna Kawaguchi) will appear in ep. 6 of Cain and Abel on November 21.

Azusa (played by Kana Kurashina) will appear in ep. 8 of Career on November 27. Kana Kurashina co-stared with Career's Tamaki Hiroshi in Zannenna Otto in 2015, and the twins who played their child in that show will also make an appearance in the "crossover" scene with Kana and Tamaki. This time they'll play twins. :) 

7 hours ago, ina111 said:

Azusa (played by Kana Kurashina) will appear in ep. 8 of Career on November 27. Kana Kurashina co-stared with Career's Tamaki Hiroshi in Zannenna Otto in 2015, and the twins who played their child in that show will also make an appearance in the "crossover" scene with Kana and Tamaki. This time they'll play twins. :) 

Ohh that is so neat! I liked Kurashina and Tamaki together in Zannen na Otto, they were pretty adorable together as a couple. It'll be fun to see their mini reunion.

Man, I wish this crossover thing happened last winter when Tamaki and Ueno Juri had their dramas airing at the same time. Ah well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2016 at 0:40 AM, ina111 said:

I read this weekend that the kid playing Shinichi's colleague Itsuki in that drama will be Momo in the new version of "Kimi wa petto" this fall. I can't believe they're remaking that drama!

On 8/29/2016 at 11:29 AM, ina111 said:

@jongski I haven't seen HOPE.
Yup, that Kimi wa petto. :D I really didn't think this drama needed a remake. (I felt the same way about Death Note.) The actor's name is Jun Shison, and he plays the jerky young coworker who is also Sanae's former boyfriend.

@ina111 oh well.. we gonna watch this remake right?   Feb 6 premiere. Ironic the name of the actor playing  the role  is also Jun.. he he

C0T0wc8VQAEwfPi.jpg
C0T0xTxUcAAq3YI.jpg
cr:unleashedthegeek

On 10/12/2016 at 4:56 PM, padhari said:

the wolf girl and the black prince subtitles is up in gooddrama.net.   its a regular high school romance movie and simple story.  i liked it very much. J dorama/movie lovers!!!! try to give it  a shot coz Kento kun is hot!!!!!!!:wub:

@padhari Hah. I'm watching Kurosaki-kun-no-Iinari-ni-Nante-Naranai-2016 the one with Chiba Yudai, Nana Komatsu and  Nakajima Kento. I think it's a different one. but.. yep! #sorrynotsorry to kdramas but for high school / college drama, I still prefer doramas tho I'm watching kdrama version of Solomon's Perjury..

Anybody watching Saki? what do you think?

My current jdrama still Nigeru, Jimi no Sugoi :)

• Like 1