Jang Hyuk: Truck of Doom poll

New+Picture+%25288%2529.bmp

Surprise poll! Which Jang Hyuk character would you like to save you in a Truck of Doom Situation?

Sorry I couldn't fit all of his character into the poll... He has such an impressive acting career. Hopefully you can find at least one favorite character from the options. :kiss_wink:

tagging: @Prettysup @azureblue7 @Kate Llama @Biology Lesson @YouwinJH @dramafan33

@Ameera Ali @kokodus @Lmangla @larus @rocher22 @joccu @rocat @sadthe1st @willenette @kingpin    

re: @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

Which Jang Hyuk character would you like to save you in a Truck of Doom Situation?

I don`t have a preference if he has to save me. Whoever. :D

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t have a preference if he has to save me. Whoever. :D

To  maximize my chances of survival, I should have probably voted for Voice or Slave Hunters... I went with Fated to Love You.

:emmm:

In retrospect, am not sure if Lee Gun will have what it takes to save me from the Truck of Doom. Kim Mi Young would have been a more reliable option.... :crybaby:

bd04015a8e91cf974bea96ed86b10488.gif

Oh well, I did vote for IRIS 2 so I will hope that Jung Yoo Gun has what it takes to save me.

61.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

Back-up plan: I save myself

• LOL 4

2 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'd love to join the fun but- am I the only one can't paste pics on the site? :(

Chingu, what do you mean not being able to paste pics on the site? :scream:

Am assuming you've been able to do it before? If you choose "Insert Image From URL", does it not allow you to post a pic?

Pics that are not e.g. HTTPS can't be posted here (i.e. older pics that are HTTP won't work). Also, videos with emojis in the title won't post here.

Can you post here the HTML link of the pic you're trying post?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, partyon said:

Chingu, what do you mean not being able to paste pics on the site? :scream:

Am assuming you've been able to do it before? If you choose "Insert Image From URL", does it not allow you to post a pic?

Pics that are not e.g. HTTPS can't be posted here (i.e. older pics that are HTTP won't work). Also, videos with emojis in the title won't post here.

Can you post here the HTML link of the pic you're trying post?

yes, I used to be able to paste directly a pic that is online. 

Oh, only now I saw the button to "Insert Image From URL" :) Is it new?!

OK, pasting link to this pic worked. I can join the fun :hwaiting2:

b2t16.png?resize=676,379

• Like 1
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, only now I saw the button to "Insert Image From URL" :) Is it new?!

Nah, it's been there for years.... Glad that it worked for you in any case! You can use it as a backup option in the future :kiss_wink:

I was actually counting the amount of Jang Hyuk dramas I've watched, and I am coming only to 3 in total. If I count in the ones I dropped, it's 5.

I really must watch Money Flower. I heard it's a great drama. :coolshades:

PS. The Lee Min Ho actor thread has a similar poll up at the moment. Feel free to vote in that poll too.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Truck of doom situation?! Well, depends on the exact situation...

So, if I get bonked on the head- I'd need LYO from BM :) 

beautiful-mind-ep2-screencaps30.jpg?w=711

If it's a crazy hostage situation- well, then- it's OHJ for the rescue!

MV5BNzk4OThkNzQtNjI2MS00NWQ5LWEzNjItMDZh

If someone steals my kingdom on that bus, then BW will manipulate, cheat, lie and kill to get it back! :D

img_9277.jpg?w=584

14 minutes ago, partyon said:

Nah, it's been there for years.... Glad that it worked for you in any case! You can use it as a backup option in the future :kiss_wink:

Good to know! Never noticed it ^_^

I was actually counting the amount of Jang Hyuk dramas I've watched, and I am coming only to 3 in total. If I count in the ones I dropped, it's 5.

Oh? Which ones have you seen? FTLY, IRIS II (I haven't seen IRIS II, as I've been warned about it by @dramafan33, I think :) ) and...?

I really must watch Money Flower. I heard it's a great drama. :coolshades:

For sure! If only for JH's amazing acting in it!

PS. The Lee Min Ho actor thread has a similar poll up at the moment. Feel free to vote in that poll too.

Had to do a search to see who Lee Min Ho was... :hwaiting2:I think I saw only one show of his, "The Legend of the Blue Sea", can't see that guy saving me in anyway...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

15 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh? Which ones have you seen? FTLY, IRIS II (I haven't seen IRIS II, as I've been warned about it by @dramafan33, I think :) ) and...?

I watched Successful Story of a Bright Girl. Loved it! :love: Can't believe Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara didn't really like each other back when they filmed it. Glad that they reconnected and became friends 12 years later when FTLY aired. It's a drama that both @Sleepy Owl and @Lmangla also love. Wonder if we should arrange a rewatch....?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Which is your favorite Jang Hyuk drama btw?

15 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Had to do a search to see who Lee Min Ho was... I think I saw only one show of his, "The Legend of the Blue Sea", can't see that guy saving me in anyway...

Ouch :D

But chingu, you should watch Boys Over Flowers. It's a kdrama classic. Like Full House. And Goong.

:approves:

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, partyon said:

I watched Successful Story of a Bright Girl. Loved it! :love: Can't believe Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara didn't really like each other back when they filmed it. Glad that they reconnected and became friends 12 years later when FTLY aired. It's a drama that both @Sleepy Owl and @Lmangla also love. Wonder if we should arrange a rewatch....?

I'd love a rewatch!! Not watching that show is a constant daily struggle...:D

Which is your favorite Jang Hyuk drama btw?

Well I have several. So I'd give you a list :):

FTLY- The first Kdrama I've ever seen, and still I think it's the best

Beautiful Mind- this show changes after a few episodes, and becomes fantastic!

Robbers- unlike "The Legend of the Blue Sea", this show has a realistic con man, really nasty! shows great growth, You might recognize many elemenst from FTLY in this show

Shine or go crazy- not perfect, but a lot of fun

Deep rooted tree- Great story, though I hate the action- too much flying around 

My Country- Bang won, his father, his hair and his fans... I wish the main plot would dissapear

Money flower- Great JH performance

Midas- great plot, annoying girlfried, too-subdued JH 

Ouch :D

But chingu, you should watch Boys Over Flowers. It's a kdrama classic. Like Full House. And Goong.

:approves:

:) No offense, I just don't watch that many Kdramas...

but I heard that his character in "Boys Over Flowers" was really nasty, no? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

10 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Well I have several. So I'd give you a list :):

Wow, that's an extensive list. You've now cemented the fact for me that I should really give Money Flower a try. :glasses: @Sleepy Owl has been trying to get me to watch the drama for years now.

:) No offense, I just don't watch that many Kdramas...

ba54e289d2deac78320e997d24c5d1bc138135cd

(if you're wondering that's Yoongi from BTS btw)

You only watch Jang Hyuk dramas? Have you watched any dramas with other oppas than him or Lee Min Ho?

Am happy to give you recommendations!

yoongi-thumbs-yoongi-thumbs-up.gif

(also Yoongi - he's in my profile pic too - lol)

I don't know if nasty is the right word here, he was more like "a bit annoying, but also quite endearing in his own way"

:loolz:

It's a such a classic kdrama that you really should give it a try if you can. It's even on Netflix. lol

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

21 minutes ago, partyon said:

Wow, that's an extensive list. You've now cemented the fact for me that I should really give Money Flower a try. :glasses: @Sleepy Owl has been trying to get me to watch the drama for years now.

Money Flower is a cool revenge story, though the plot is not my favorite- I wish the writing was more tight. However, the highlight on the show is JH's acting! Simply unbelievable! The most contained, intense and controlled performance I've ever seen! Also- JH in this show is at his sexiest! He was smoldering in this show! Had a smoking hot chemistry with Lee Mi Sook, which, In the context of the show, was highly disturbing!  :rolleyes: Also, he had serious chemistry with Jang Seung-jo.:hwaiting2:Money-Flower-E3-006.png?resize=764,430&s

A pity that the lead female character was so boring (the same actress was great in BM).

(if you're wondering that's Yoongi from BTS btw)

Oh. I did wonder :)  

You only watch Jang Hyuk dramas? Have you watched any dramas with other oppas than him or Lee Min Ho?

I try and watch other shows, I have several non-JH shows that I really like, but no other oppa  stole my heart :D

Am happy to give you recommendations!

(also Yoongi - he's in my profile pic too - lol)

I'd love recomendations, though, be warned, I rarely like shows that are considered hits. :D For instance- I hated Goblin, Descendants of the Sun, kill me, heal me... 

I don't know if nasty is the right word here, he was more like "a bit annoying, but also quite endearing in his own way"

:loolz:

It's a such a classic kdrama that you really should give it a try if you can. It's even on Netflix. lol

I will try, but I'm afraid I won't be able to get over his hair in this show... :Pimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNsRcGG0MOZfBYM8rrtvj

• LOL 2

2 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

However, the highlight on the show is JH's acting! Simply unbelievable! The most contained, intense and controlled performance I've ever seen!

I love Jang Hyuk's acting - he's a great actor and super talented! :kiss_wink: I was going to watch Money Flower back in the fall of 2020 when we EOs organized a "Revenge Watch Party" with Money Flower, Secret (Love) and Innocent Man. Since I didn't have the time to watch all 3 at the same (we had to divide them up amongst the EOs), @Sleepy Owl organized the Money Flower rewatch. I organized the Secret (Love) and Innocent Man ones.

So I missed it that time. :bawling:

7 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I try and watch other shows, I have several non-JH shows that I really like, but no other oppa that stole my heart :D

You're like @agenth ! She's also a one oppa woman. (Ji Chang Wook oppa in her case) :dorakiss:

But I do catch her cheating on him with other oppas from time to time

:hwaiting2:

8 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

For instance- I hated Goblin, Descendants of the Sun, kill me, heal me... 

Ah yes, they are famous dramas but not everyone's cup of tea. (I will admit that I didn't like them that much either. Well except for KMHM because it stars my Ji Sung oppa - I have a lot of oppas - haha)

9 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I will try, but I'm afraid I won't be able to get over his hair in this show... :P

You're either gonna love this drama or you're gonna hate it. :D

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, partyon said:

I love Jang Hyuk's acting - he's a great actor and super talented! :kiss_wink: I was going to watch Money Flower back in the fall of 2020 when we EOs organized a "Revenge Watch Party" with Money Flower, Secret (Love) and Innocent Man. Since I didn't have the time to watch all 3 at the same (we had to divide them up amongst the EOs), @Sleepy Owl organized the Money Flower rewatch. I organized the Secret (Love) and Innocent Man ones.

So I missed it that time. :bawling:

Oh, I recently heard about Secret. Is it a good show? Do you recommend?

10 minutes ago, partyon said:

You're like @agenth ! She's also a one oppa woman. (Ji Chang Wook oppa in her case) :dorakiss:

But I do catch her cheating on him with other oppas from time to time

:hwaiting2:

I have liked actors in certain projects, but unlike with JH, it rarely extends to other projects. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, I recently heard about Secret. Is it a good show? Do you recommend?

Honestly? I love it! I have watched it about 4 times, and I still find new aspects of the characters and plots when I watch it.

It's a revenge and a so called "light makjang" drama - like Money Flower. It aired in 2013:

The acting in this drama is stellar (by all characters but especially Ji Sung oppa and Hwang Jung Eum), and the characters have surprisingly many layers to them that aren't apparent necessarily during the first watch.

@Sleepy Owl and I rewatched this in 2020 together and it's an emotionally draining drama (in a good way) because you get into the characters' skin and their convoluted feelings. Our EO chingu @confusedheart has also watched it many times, and poor @agenth got really angry while watching it in 2021 - mainly because of the 2nd ML. She really hated him - lol. The drama elicited a lot of emotions in her too. This drama is like that - it draws out a lot of emotions both good and bad.

It has withstood time and still has a good plot even 10 years later. If you like revenge dramas, then go for this. I think you will find Ji Sung's and Hwang Jung Eum's performances very different from Kill Me Heal Me.

@Sleepy Owl and I are planning a rewatch of this in March. If you want to join us, you're more than welcome to join. :kiss_wink:

@Sleepy Owl @Lmangla should we organize a Successful Story of A Bright Girl rewatch on the forum too? Would be fun to watch it again after so many years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2024 at 2:32 AM, partyon said:

Honestly? I love it! I have watched it about 4 times, and I still find new aspects of the characters and plots when I watch it.

It's a revenge and a so called "light makjang" drama - like Money Flower. It aired in 2013:

The acting in this drama is stellar (by all characters but especially Ji Sung oppa and Hwang Jung Eum), and the characters have surprisingly many layers to them that aren't apparent necessarily during the first watch.

@Sleepy Owl and I rewatched this in 2020 together and it's an emotionally draining drama (in a good way) because you get into the characters' skin and their convoluted feelings. Our EO chingu @confusedheart has also watched it many times, and poor @agenth got really angry while watching it in 2021 - mainly because of the 2nd ML. She really hated him - lol. The drama elicited a lot of emotions in her too. This drama is like that - it draws out a lot of emotions both good and bad.

It has withstood time and still has a good plot even 10 years later. If you like revenge dramas, then go for this. I think you will find Ji Sung's and Hwang Jung Eum's performances very different from Kill Me Heal Me.

Sounds good! I actually have been on a revenge shows binge, after watching The glory, so it sounds perfect

@Sleepy Owl and I are planning a rewatch of this in March. If you want to join us, you're more than welcome to join. :kiss_wink:

Thanks! I will! :D

@Sleepy Owl @Lmangla should we organize a Successful Story of A Bright Girl rewatch on the forum too? Would be fun to watch it again after so many years.

You know, I actually have never watched this show, since I find it difficult to watch JH's shows pre-military service :) It's like watching a completely different actor...

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, partyon said:

To  maximize my chances of survival, I should have probably voted for Voice or Slave Hunters... 

I picked these 2, plus the last one haha... guess I am a practical person

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

@Biology Lesson  Even though I totally get why people would hate it and everything you said, I unapologetically love this show. I agree with what you heard but, it’s pure drama crack. There could be no Heirs without BoF before it. BOF is a classic. Hot guys in outlandish clothes and haircuts driving expensive cars and living in mansions, and jetting around the world, all served up for your viewing pleasure. No matter how ridiculous it all is, it's a feast for the senses. And the OSTs are all super good! And it never gets old!   :heart2:

I don't follow Jang Hyuk. I've only watched (1) drama where he was in and that's "Fated to Love You". I watched the drama because of Choi Jin Hyuk.  But, I can say he has charisma!   :hypehype:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1