Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Pachinko Episode 6: Was Lee Min Ho Cursed For Leaving His Wife When He Heard His Ex-Girlfriend Had A Son?

Ton Nge Tran
April 15, 2022

Han Soo (Lee Min Ho)'s reaction to his wife when he heard that his ex-lover Song Ja (Kim Min Ha) gave birth to a son in episode 6 of Pachinko attracted a lot of attention.

"Pachinko" is a film that has attracted a lot of attention from viewers due to its attractive content and well-known cast.

In Pachinko episode 6, Sung Ja (Kim Min Ha) gave birth to a healthy baby boy named Noah.

Spoiler

FQXuveTXMAUBhoy?format=jpg&name=small

Noah's birth left her entire family unable to hide their happiness. Besides, she didn't know that in distant Osaka, Han Soo (Lee Min Ho) also heard about the situation and was happy for her.

The conversation between Han Su and his wife in Japan is remarkable. Accordingly, Soon-ja informed his wife, "I have a son, what you cannot do, another woman can."

FQXuveJXMAIKq9G?format=jpg&name=small

On the other hand, Han Su claimed that the relationship between him and his wife is just a political marriage completely devoid of love.

To his wife's surprise, Han Soo continued, "Now you don't have to be my wife anymore." His words made his wife not refrain from replying that girls like Sun Ja are so easy.

Spoiler

FQXuviiXIAUr03S?format=jpg&name=small

FQXuveNXoAEA-oZ?format=jpg&name=small

She thinks that the child that Soon Ja will give birth to will not be considered by Han Soo - a man who has a wife and three daughters, but he is unfaithful. Even made another girl pregnant and then threw her away. If the child was a girl, perhaps Han Soo wouldn't act like this.

FQXvuOAXEAYrlQg?format=jpg&name=medium

The act of betraying Han Su's wife caused a lot of controversy. Many viewers believe that although the two got married over property, she also fulfilled her duty as a wife and mother - taking care of her family and giving birth to him.

Viewers are looking forward to the next Pachinko events that air every Friday on Apple.

Translation from Vietnamese google

https://saostar.vn/dien-anh/pachinko-tap-6-lee-min-ho-bi-chui-vi-bo-vo-khi-nghe-tin-co-con-trai-202204151423240596.html

• Like 7

Lee Min Ho explained why his dream is to get married and have children

Did you know that Lee Min Ho once dreamed of getting married and having children? Well, for him, this is just the course of his life

By Leinad Chino APRIL 14, 2022

Lee Min Ho is already one of the best actors in Korea, what could his dreams and goals be? Well, he explains what these things mean to him and why he thinks his dream is to get married and have children. Lee Min Ho is an excellent actor in dramas and movies, his career has been extended thanks to his hard work for years. Since his debut, he hasn't stopped learning and striving. To find the way to embody in the best way each one of his characters that have become iconic.

Acting was not Minho's first job choice in life, when he was a child he had a big dream. He wanted to become a professional soccer player and trained hard to do so. But an injury prevented him from continuing with this goal that he had to abandon. After his fırst plan fell through, that's when he became interested in becoming an actor and would soon work on his skills to achieve it. The road for him has not been easy, but the more he tried and learned, the better he got to achieve what he wanted at different times.

lee-min-ho-wants-to-get-married-and-have

A couple of years ago, Lee Min Ho revealed what his dream would be, since for many he has it all. He said that he would like to get married and have children, is that really his goal?

For Lee Min Ho, his dreams are the course of his life and his goal would be to get married and have children

In a 2020 interview for L'Officiel Hommes YK, Lee Min Ho was asked what his dream would be. He said that there were no big dreams or goals, but that he liked to improvise on the spot. He remembered when he wanted to be a footballer, then an actor, when he became an actor he just wanted to do well. Now that he had achieved it, he thought about getting married and having children, not necessarily because it was a dream or a goal, but rather it was the course of his life.

lee-min-ho-love-toughts.jpg_1617166805.j

So now you know, Lee Min Ho really believes that it is okay to have children and get married, in the end it is the course of life but it can also be the dream in which he would improvise when the opportunity arises as he has done with his other projects.

Lee Min Ho also shared his thoughts on love

Obviously, to get married and have children there has to be love, so in this same interview, Lee Min Ho was asked about what he thought about love. He confessed that he thought that love was something hard and that he knew that the older you got, the more difficult it would be because maybe he was not as passionate as he was in his 20's, so he had his doubts about it.

So, now you know it, Lee Min Ho thinks that love is hard and maybe that's why he thinks that getting married isn't a dream since he'd have to improvise to achieve that right? OMG, Minho is so smart.

https://yaay.today/kdramas/Lee-Min-Ho-explained-why-his-dream-is-to-get-married-and-have-children-20220414-0009.html

• Like 6
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, SophieH said:

Variety’s Emmy predictions Lee Min Ho #15 top-tier contenders in lead actor category :wut:

so proud to even see his name there. Who says he can’t act ! 

@SophieH  thanks for sharing this. So NICE to see that LMH is keeping in the headlines.   :Megathanks:

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

@gtLmh0622  thanks for sharing this. I love what it says : How do actors best reveal themselves to the camera during a close-up? They focus on the power of even the slightest facial gesture. Who has the most control over sculpting an actor's performance? The editor.  :kisslevel:

• Like 5

'The Godfather' and Earthquakes Inspired 'Pachinko'

Soo Hugh, who created the Apple TV+ adaptation of Min Jin Lee’s bestselling novel, talks about the movies, historical events, and books that influenced the show.

spacer.png

The Great Kantō earthquake of 1923

Hugh’s research also led her to the Kantō earthquake, which hit the Tokyo-Yokahama area on September 1, 1923. The quake’s impact was massive, with a death toll believed to total at least 140,000. In the aftermath, Korean immigrants became scapegoats, with rumors that they were adding to the destruction. This led to massacres, and the Smithsonian reports that an estimated 6,000 Koreans were killed as a result. That inspired another major change from the book: giving Sunja’s upper-class lover, Hansu (Lee Min-Ho), a backstory in Episode 7. In the book, Hansu is much more of a villain who seduces a much-younger Sunja and leaves her pregnant and unmarried, but Hugh wanted a different approach for the show.

[In] the research that I was doing about Korean history in Japan, I came across the Kantō earthquake. I had never heard of the Kantō earthquake; I had never known about just what a devastation it was upon Japan. And then to hear about the violence that came upon the Koreans, I was really shocked by it, but more important that I realized [it answered so many of] my questions about Hansu: “Who is he? Where did he come from? How does someone like him become that way?” All of a sudden, things just started to realign themselves in this really elegant way. And I thought about the Kantō earthquake, and all of a sudden in framing him with that background and that history, he became a fully fleshed, three-dimensional character to me.

I'm not interested in doing heroes and villains. I just don't believe it represents life at all. And I don't think it represents the ambitions or the heart of a show like this, which just says, "We're going to tell the story about a kaleidoscope of humanity in our own way." And that means people have to have backgrounds. People have to have had a life lived. And whether or not you like a character, you have to accept them as human. And so with Hansu, I find [him] to be an extremely complicated figure, [but] when I think about the Kantō earthquake, it just makes that character feel more lived-in.

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/soo-hugh-interview-pachinko-inspirations

• Like 9
  • Awesome 2

Lee Min Ho Poses for the W Magazine But Keeps His Distance and Lets His Artistic Side Speak

April 15, 2022 by ockoala KOREA N

FQdG4JPXMAUwCtR?format=jpg&name=small

It's been two decades since Lee Min Ho entered K-ent and he's still challenging himself and keeping in the headlines. His latest project the prestige show Pachinko streaming on Apple Plus adapted from the same name book is a critical darling, the feedback is good to glowing and shines a halo on the emotional core of existing through a turbulent period. Lee Min Ho isn't the center of the story but he's performed as required to match the performances of the three female leads who play the central role of Sun Ja in her young, adult, and older woman iterations.

His latest pictorial for W Korea continues the long locked look he's been sporting for the last three months but throws a quieter moody aura to wrap him in a sense of solace.

FQdG4JPXEAYCKTX?format=jpg&name=small

http://koalasplayground.com/2022/04/15/lee-min-ho-poses-for-the-w-magazine-but-keeps-his-distance-and-lets-his-artistic-side-speak/

• Like 4

The 11 Best Korean Movies and TV Shows on Netflix

April 15, 2022

South Korean filmmaking finally got its due when Bong Joon-ho’s Parasite won both the Palme d’Or at Cannes and the Oscar for Best Picture in 2019. But the Korean film renaissance has been going strong for much of the 21st century thanks to directors like Park Chan-wook, Bong Joon-ho, Yeon Sang-ho and Lee Chang-dong. Now worldwide audiences are being treated to Korean TV shows, as well, with The Squid Game and Hellbound becoming instant Netflix hits.

Netflix has a decent selection of Korean content with 42 movies and 42 TV shows, including several Netflix originals. From drama and action/adventure to sci-fi and horror, here are the 14 Best Korean movies and TV shows on Netflix:

8. Boys Over Flowers

boys-over-flowers.jpg

boys-over-flowers.jpgYear: 2009
Creators: Jeon Ki-sang, Yoon Ji-ryun
Stars: Ku Hye-sun, Lee Min-ho, Kim Hyun-joong, Kim Beom
Genre: Teen Romance
Rating: TV-14

Meet the Korean Chuck Bass: Corporate heir Jun-Pyo has got Chuck’s sneer and the sharp suits down pat. When Jun-Pyo and his boy band-like entourage of longhairs, the F4, stroll into a room, girls at Shinhwa High go Beatlesmania. But when rebellious, quirky Jan-Di surfs a serendipitous scholarship to Korea’s most exclusive high school, she bathes F4 in contempt, eviscerating them for their cruel, spoiled behavior.

There’s nothing like an outlier to turn a rich boy’s heart—at least in the pictures, right? But while Jan-Di melts Jun-Pyo’s cruel, cruel heart, she finds herself warming up to quiet, mysterious, sonata-shredding F4-er Ji-Hoo, who plays the Nate Archibald of the series. We’re guessing you can predict who’ll win Cinderella’s heart, if Gossip Girl taught you anything about the cruel fantasies of TV-land: some love and heartbreak stories are universal. —Dakota Kim

https://www.pastemagazine.com/movies/netflix/best-korean-movies-on-netflix/#14-love-and-leashes

• Like 6
  • Love 2

11 moments of Lee Min-ho filming 'Pachinko' in Canada

South Korean veteran actor, Lee Min-ho is finally involved in the latest drama project, Pachinko. The drama, which was adapted from a novel with the same title, by Min Jin-lee is set with the background of the story in the post-World War II era, where Korea is still a colony of Japan.

Meanwhile, Lee Min-ho brings a character named Koh Han-su to life. 

Well, currently the Pachinko drama has released its 6th episode. Even though it airs in 2022, the actual shooting process for the drama Pachinko has started since 2020.

Let's take a peek at the portrait of Lee Min-ho filming the drama Pachinko, compiled from various sources.

1. Filming for the drama Pachinko, Lee Min-ho arrived in Canada on February 25, 2021.

Spoiler

spacer.png

2. Because it coincided with the Covid-19 pandemic, Lee Min-ho was also required to undergo self-quarantine in accordance with the regulations implemented by the Canadian government.

Spoiler

spacer.png

3. After 2 weeks of quarantine at the hotel, Lee Min-ho immediately started filming.

Spoiler

spacer.png

4. Seen in the post shared by fans, the actor is wearing a white outfit and a blue bomber jacket.

spacer.png

5. Before entering the Britannia Shipyards, Lee Min-ho waved to greet fans who came to the shooting location.

6. When entering the set of another shooting location, Lee Min-ho smiled kindly showing his dimples to fans.

spacer.png

7. In between filming, Lee Min-ho did not forget to take a leisurely walk enjoying the atmosphere in Canada.

Spoiler

spacer.png

8. This is his portrait while visiting one of the lakes there.

Spoiler

spacer.png

9. There was also a moment where Lee Min-ho was walking while eating snacks.

Spoiler

spacer.png

10. A visit to Canada doesn't seem to be complete without playing in the snow.

Spoiler

spacer.png

11. Lee Min-ho also posed with the flags of two countries, namely the flags of South Korea and Canada.

spacer.png

https://www.brilio.net/korea/baru-terekspos-ini-11-momen-lee-min-ho-syuting-pachinko-di-kanada-220415u/selama-syuting-lee-min-ho-juga-menikmati-liburan-singkat.html

• Like 8

Lee Min Ho transparent visual look

FQYnj_SaMAIm7Na?format=jpg&name=small

The May issue of 'I Korea' magazine featuring actor Lee Min Ho has already been released.  Lee Min Ho, dressed in a brightly printed shirt, calmly looks into the camera.  The transparent image of Lee Min Ho attracts the viewer.  In another photo, Lee Min Ho is looking sideways.  His toned figure and sharp profile attract attention. 

Lee Min Ho was well received for showing a new face while promoting to Hollywood through Apple TV + Original Series 'Rachinko'.  Pachinko is a story that begins with forbidden love and depicts an unforgettable chronicle of war and peace, love and separation, victory and judgment.  He warmly presented the epic that unfolds between Korea, Japan and the United States.

Spoiler

FQYnj_SagAgZBiA?format=jpg&name=small

Translation from Japanese google

https://korepo.com/archives/1104149

• Like 8

Happy 2nd Anniversary to The King: Eternal Monarch!

Remember the theories which brought out the math, physics, liberal arts, etc. students in us? :D

Spoiler

-right or left neck scar?

Night of Treason - One or Two Saviors?

How does Lee Gon measure the duration of a time stop?

Between zero and one

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/435525-drama-2020-the-king-eternal-monarch-더-킹-영원의-군주/?do=findComment&comment=21814680

Time Difference between the Parallel Worlds and the World-in-Between

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/435525-drama-2020-the-king-eternal-monarch-더-킹-영원의-군주/?do=findComment&comment=21850568

Mathematics of the Final Episode

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/435525-drama-2020-the-king-eternal-monarch-더-킹-영원의-군주/?do=findComment&comment=21869887

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

20 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina said:

Lee Min Ho Poses for the W Magazine But Keeps His Distance and Lets His Artistic Side Speak

April 15, 2022 by ockoala KOREA N

It's been two decades since Lee Min Ho entered K-ent and he's still challenging himself and keeping in the headlines. His latest project the prestige show Pachinko streaming on Apple Plus adapted from the same name book is a critical darling, the feedback is good to glowing and shines a halo on the emotional core of existing through a turbulent period. Lee Min Ho isn't the center of the story but he's performed as required to match the performances of the three female leads who play the central role of Sun Ja in her young, adult, and older woman iterations.

His latest pictorial for W Korea continues the long locked look he's been sporting for the last three months but throws a quieter moody aura to wrap him in a sense of solace.

http://koalasplayground.com/2022/04/15/lee-min-ho-poses-for-the-w-magazine-but-keeps-his-distance-and-lets-his-artistic-side-speak/

“Performed as required” What a typical sarcastic comment from the person 

whose blog KP is. I just can’t understand some of the churlish  and often downright rude comments that you see in her blog whenever LMH is mentioned. I guess  it goes with the territory when you are a massive star.

I remember in the DMZ documentary when he was lying in the tent talking to his companions Minho did say he looked himself up on social media but 

hopefully if he sees  negative comments he can cope knowing what a tiny tiny minority they are.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, syntyche said:

Remember the theories which brought out the math, physics, liberal arts, etc. students in us?

That was one wild thread.  Not my favorite drama, but the people posting made it a lot of fun to read.  I'll never get past looking at the shoes!  And my ship sank before leaving the harbor :bawling:

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

“Performed as required” What a typical sarcastic comment from the person 

whose blog KP is. I just can’t understand some of the churlish  and often downright rude comments that you see in her blog whenever LMH is mentioned. I guess  it goes with the territory when you are a massive star.

I remember in the DMZ documentary when he was lying in the tent talking to his companions Minho did say he looked himself up on social media but 

hopefully if he sees  negative comments he can cope knowing what a tiny tiny minority they are.

Yep, darn such articles. I skip reading and posting them altogether. Regardless, they're already set to bash LMH anyway. 

Good thing that he takes everything in stride, as I've read somewhere. He is not flustered by these, as he should.  

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

That was one wild thread.  Not my favorite drama, but the people posting made it a lot of fun to read.  I'll never get past looking at the shoes!  And my ship sank before leaving the harbor :bawling:

GonJo! Ship with Maximus didn't prosper either. And the (unnecessary) lengthy discussions on those darn shoes :tongue: 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

WHO ARE LEE MIN HO'S CLOSE ACTOR FRIENDS?

LEE MIN HO MET SOME VERY GOOD FRIENDS ON THE SETS OF DRAMAS.

The actors Jung II Woo, Kim Bum and Woo Do Hwan are Lee Min Ho's closest friends because although he met each one at different times in his life, not only did he get along with them, but he also managed to get everyone have a great connection. He has known Jung Il Woo since they were students and together they pursued the dream of acting. He then worked with Kim Bum in Boys Over Flowers, and years later he became close to Woo Do Hwan after being part of the cast of The King: Eternal Monarch

spacer.png

LEE MIN HO AND HIS BEST FRIENDS: THE REAL LIFE F4

These four actors are known as the real life F4. First of all, there is the fact that two of them gave life to two of the Boys Over Flowers characters, but we also remember that this title within the drama and the manga is given to the characters for their qualities. The F4 are very attractive boys, with great charm and are very popular, not forgetting that they are all talented and millionaires, so Lee Min Ho and his three best friends are perfect for this title, don't you think? 

https://www.nacionrex.com/doramas/Quienes-son-los-amigos-de-Lee-Min-Ho-Actores-cercanos-a-el-20220416-0026.html

• Like 8

https://variety.com/feature/2022-emmy-predictions-lead-actor-drama-1235232790/

Emmy Predictions: Lead Actor in a Drama Series – ‘Better Call’ Bob Odenkirk to the Emmy Stage for His Final Season

Other notable contenders include Jason Bateman, Kevin Costner, Brian Cox, Lee Jung-jae, Lee Min-Ho, Adam Scott and Jeremy Strong

ALL AWARDS CONTENDERS AND RANKINGS:

AND THE PREDICTED NOMINEES ARE:
RANK   SERIES NETWORK
1 Bob Odenkirk “Better Call Saul” AMC
2 Jeremy Strong “Succession” HBO
3 Lee Jung-jae “Squid Game” Netflix
4 Brian Cox “Succession” HBO
5 Jason Bateman “Ozark” Netflix
6 Kevin Costner “Yellowstone” Paramount Network
NEXT IN LINE
7 Sterling K. Brown “This Is Us” NBC
8 Adam Scott “Severance” Apple TV+