Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

It turns out that popular actor Lee Min Ho is also sometimes insecure about his appearance.

Lee Min Ho is the best Korean screen actor. Since his debut, he has received many compliments for his good looks and his role as a prince in a love story. But it turned out that the actor did not consider himself handsome.

People recently dug up an old saying by Lee Min Ho on One Night of TV Entertainment aired in 2013. Here, a male god criticized himself for being ugly and pointed out two things: the most beautiful co-worker in his eyes. "I'm not handsome. I have droopy eyelids and a big face. Park Hyung Sik is very cute, and Kim Woo Bin has white skin but is still handsome and masculine," commented Lee Min Ho.

47766002-16504165930321211991722.jpg

Lee Min Ho admits he hasn't felt handsome on a TV show since 2013

Although he is a male god of thousands of people who love him...

photo-1-164880954522951499369-1650416592

... but Lee Min Ho is embarrassed by his downcast eyes and big face

Sideburns are also a detail that makes Lee Min Ho unhappy with himself. He often looks in the mirror on set, not to look at his face, but…to check his sideburns. “It’s stressful because my sideburns always stand on end,” admitted Lee Min Ho.

The words of the actor The Heirs extremely surprised the fans. It turned out that despite people's praise, the male cult god was unsure of his appearance. It is known that at the time, Lee Min Ho was filming The Heirs with Park Hyung Sik and Kim Woo Bin, so he had the clearest idea of the looks of these two co-stars...

Translation from Vietnamese google
https://m.kenh14.vn/nam-than-van-nguoi-me-lee-min-ho-tu-che-minh-xau-va-day-moi-la-2-tai-tu-dep-trai-nhat-kbiz-trong-mat-anh-20220420082425754.chn

• Like 5

6 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina said:

It turns out that popular actor Lee Min Ho is also sometimes insecure about his appearance.

Lee Min Ho is the best Korean screen actor. Since his debut, he has received many compliments for his good looks and his role as a prince in a love story. But it turned out that the actor did not consider himself handsome.

People recently dug up an old saying by Lee Min Ho on One Night of TV Entertainment aired in 2013. Here, a male god criticized himself for being ugly and pointed out two things: the most beautiful co-worker in his eyes. "I'm not handsome. I have droopy eyelids and a big face. Park Hyung Sik is very cute, and Kim Woo Bin has white skin but is still handsome and masculine," commented Lee Min Ho.

Lee Min Ho admits he hasn't felt handsome on a TV show since 2013

Although he is a male god of thousands of people who love him...

... but Lee Min Ho is embarrassed by his downcast eyes and big face

Sideburns are also a detail that makes Lee Min Ho unhappy with himself. He often looks in the mirror on set, not to look at his face, but…to check his sideburns. “It’s stressful because my sideburns always stand on end,” admitted Lee Min Ho.

The words of the actor The Heirs extremely surprised the fans. It turned out that despite people's praise, the male cult god was unsure of his appearance. It is known that at the time, Lee Min Ho was filming The Heirs with Park Hyung Sik and Kim Woo Bin, so he had the clearest idea of the looks of these two co-stars...

https://m.kenh14.vn/nam-than-van-nguoi-me-lee-min-ho-tu-che-minh-xau-va-day-moi-la-2-tai-tu-dep-trai-nhat-kbiz-trong-mat-anh-20220420082425754.chn

@nina_mitrokhina  thanks for sharing this. LMH being insecure about his physical appearance? It’s all in his mind. You see, our thoughts are often our biggest critic. Although, I do understand him if he feels like that because when you are in the Entertainment Industry you feel suffocated by the pressures of the modern world. The conditioning that you received from society will linger in your thought patterns, your emotional reactions and in your general attitude towards yourself.I have never met a single person that is totally confident with their physical appearance.LMH is not only good in the outside but also in the inside. And that’s what makes him flawless for me.   :heart2beat:

• Like 5

Kim Min Ha Starstruck by Lee Min Ho’s Presence During Filming of ‘Pachinko’

spacer.png

Kim Min Ha talks about working with A-listers Youn Yuh Jung and Lee Min Ho for Apple TV+'s "Pachinko."

Being a newcomer in the industry, the 26-year-old actress expressed her gratitude for being given the opportunity to act alongside some of the biggest celebrities in South Korea. 

Kim Min Ha Admits Being 'Overwhelmed' By Lee Min Ho in 'Pachinko'

During her interview with SBS Power FM "Park Ha-sun's Cinetown," Kim Min Ha reveals her first impression of Lee Min Ho. 

As cited by a local outlet, the rookie actress confessed that she was starstruck by the Hallyu star's presence in "Pachinko." She pointed out that the 34-year-old actor is a big thing in Korea adding that she "felt overwhelmed" working with him. 

Moreover, she also described her experience as "strange" but mentioned how Lee Min Ho made things easier for her. 

In the eight-part series, the Hallyu actor took on the role of Ko Hansu, an enigmatic outsider and a wealthy merchant who was stunned by Sunja's captivating beauty, played by Kim Min Ha. 

Playing the character of the teenage Sunja, she embarked on an illicit romance. Unfortunately, after becoming pregnant, Ko Hansu reveals that he is already married and has kids in Japan.

Spoiler

As the story progressed, "Pachinko" featured the older but wiser female protagonist played by the Oscar-winning star Youn Yuh Jung. 

While Kim Min Ha dished her thoughts regarding her whole experience filming the Apple TV+ series, she went on to praise the veteran actress for showing her support throughout the show. 

Kim Min Ha Thanks Oscar-Winning Youn Yuh Jung

As her interview continued with "Park Ha-sun's Cinetown," the actress said that Youn Yuh Jung was a great senior actor. 

She said that the veteran star perfectly portrayed the older version of Sunja. 

Academy Award-winning Actress Youn Yuh Jung

Despite not seeing her often on set, Kim Min Ha mentioned that she met the "Minari" actress at the global premiere of "Pachinko."

Moreover, she also expressed gratitude for saying "so many good things" about her. 

As noted by various media outlets, Youn Yuh Jung shared that she was "surprised" by Kim Min Ha's acting skills despite being a rookie actress.  

"Since we played the same character, we couldn't meet each other during the whole filming process. I met her for the first time recently, and as soon as I saw her, I said, 'You did so well,'" the veteran actress said, adding that her younger "Pachinko" co-star "has done such a great job" portraying the role. 

Not only did Kim Min Ha receive the approval of the South Korean veteran actress, but also millions of viewers praised her for giving justice to the character of Sunja. 

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/124682/20220419/kim-min-ha-starstruck-lee-min-ho-presence-filming-pachinko.htm

• Like 7

On 4/15/2022 at 7:48 AM, SophieH said:

Variety’s Emmy predictions Lee Min Ho #15 top-tier contenders in lead actor category :wut:

so proud to even see his name there. Who says he can’t act ! 

@SophieH  Youn Yuh-jung has also emerged as a key contender for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in the upcoming Primetime Emmy Awards for her role in the drama "Pachinko. She placed 9th in the drama supporting actress category as of TODAY/Thursday, from 12th about three weeks earlier. If she clinches the trophy, she will become the first South Korean to win both an Oscar and an Emmy. A nomination by an actor or a program at the Emmys will make history as no Koreans or Korean-made TV series have competed for the US awards given by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (ATAS) to outstanding American TV shows. The nominations for this year's Primetime Emmy Awards will be announced on June 12 and the award ceremony will take place on Sept. 12.   

:hypehype:

• Like 3

MYM IG update

episode 7 preview

"As a young man in 1923 Yokohama, Hansu is thrown into a cataclysmic disaster that will change everything"

Episode 7 of Pachinko that you can't take your eyes off of Lee Minho! The story of actor Lee Minho as young Hansu, who perfectly expresses the character with his overwhelming and passionate performance, will be released tomorrow only on Apple TV+

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

excited to see Hansu's backstory?

:dorashakes::dorashakes:

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Soompi & Viki Staff Talk: What Was The 1st Drama That Got You Into K-Drama World?

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Along with our recent feature on great gateway K-dramas to introduce to friends, some of our staff members took time to reflect on which K-dramas first got us hooked (and eventually here at Soompi and Viki).

Here are the stories of our K-drama-loving crew:

Yeon: “Heirs

heirs.jpeg

Although I remember watching dramas such as “My Lovely Sam Soon” alongside my mother when I was young, the first drama that really got me into watching K-dramas myself was “Heirs.” Focused on the love story of chaebol heir Kim Tan (Lee Min Ho) and his family’s housekeeper’s daughter Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye), the drama is about elite high schoolers and also those who get involuntarily embroiled in their lives. The star-studded cast including Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Kim Woo Bin, Krystal, Kim Ji Won, Kang Min Hyuk, Kang Ha Neul, and Park Hyung Sik combined with rom-com mastermind Kim Eun Sook’s magical way with words had me immediately hooked. Although some of the lines are admittedly a bit cringey, that’s the addictive charm of a Kim Eun Sook script, and the actors pull it off so well that I still enjoy rewatching the drama to this day.

Watch “Heirs” below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 5

5 K-drama actors that bring the runway to the filming set, IU and Lee Min Ho surpassed?

April 21, 2022

These K-drama actors never fail to look super fashionable in all their appearances.

Alongside decent writing and stunning cinematography, the success of K-dramas can also be attributed to its interesting characters and styling. Below are some K-drama actors who adorn the most impressive wardrobe on the screen.

Lee Min Ho

Lee-min-ho-boy-over-flower-clipart-image

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/03/01152409/Lee-Min-Ho-The-Heirs-010322.jpg

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/03/03023947/lee-min-ho-pachinko-030322.jpg

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/02/19102655/lee-min-ho-19022022-3.jpg

Famous actor Lee Min Ho is famous for his handsome face that is top-tier in the Korean showbiz. In addition, the actor often plays rich characters from powerful families, who are always attractive, heart-fluttering, and exudes high-end charms.

https://kbizoom.com/5-k-drama-actors-that-bring-the-runway-to-the-filming-set-iu-and-lee-min-ho-surpassed/

• Like 5

The amazing treatment Apple gave to Lee Min-ho the day before filming bed scenes in “Pachinko”

Lee Min-ho said that he was surprised at the amount Apple invested (more than 100 billion won) when filming “Pachinko”.

In particular, he was surprised by the size of the set. In Canada, there was a set that reproduced the Korean fish market during the Japanese colonial era. Watching several 1.5-ton trucks loaded with fresh seafood in the morning, he realized the details and scale of this work.

Lee Min-ho confessed that the moment that impressed him the most was not the scale, but the detailed work method for the cast’s acting. The day before kiss scenes or bed scenes were filmed, a psychologist came and interviewed actors in person to give them advice on their current emotional and psychological conditions. Such a detailed approach is said to have been of great help to their acting.

https://kbizoom.com/the-amazing-treatment-apple-gave-to-lee-min-ho-the-day-before-filming-bed-scenes-in-pachinko/

• Like 7

'Pachinko' Daebak Lee Min-ho, number one Korean actor that foreigners like the most

spacer.png

Actor Lee Min-ho, who is acclaimed for his Apple TV+ drama "Pachinko," topped the list of foreigners' favorite Korean actors.

According to a report by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the Korea International Cultural Exchange Agency (KOFICE) on the 15th, Lee Min-ho topped the list with 9.3% in the best Korean actor category by country.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/008/0004736375

Chapter 7 changes everything you thought you knew about Hansu. 

cr: bluemarblepics IG

spacer.png

spacer.png

Episode 7 now available! 

:doggie::doggie:

• Like 7

Gosh, episode 7 is over and I'm anxious to read the comments.  I'll watch probably tomorrow, Sat and Sun lol.

I read in the Mexico Minoz FB page that they are planning a food truck to be sent to LMH at the ATS set.  Anyone can send a monetary contribution, but the truck will be in the name of Mexico Minoz.  That group has sent a food truck to the LOTBS and TKEM sets.

• Like 6

Hansoo: Pachinko villain celebrates Lee Min Ho before and after

Pachinko-Hansu-el-villano-que-marcara-un

Mafer Sosa
APRIL 21, 2022

Hansoo is a Pachinko villain who shows a new side of Lee Min Ho that could change his career.

The penultimate episode of "Pachinko" reveals the secrets of Lee Min Ho's character. Not only does this show Hansoo's past, but we also see the K-drama king's acting growth in a new aspect.

"Lee Min Ho revela el secreto del éxito de los Kdramas | ENTREVISTA" in YouTube

Ever since Lee Min Ho accepted the role of Hansoo, expectations have grown to see him as a villain. For the most part, the actor plays the roles of "nice" guys, divas, and rich guys who are the main stars of his Korean dramas.

Pachinko is not a love story. They don't suggest that it revolves around Lee Min Ho's character, but how each character changes due to the historical context they lived in. And how each experience left a mark on their lives.

Hansoo's past with his father

As for Hansu, he was changed by the Japanese occupation, injustice and poverty.

At this point, we can see Lee Min Ho as Hansoo in the traditional attire of the time, as well as a different personality from the beginning. We see a dreamy Hansoo who enjoys beading abacus and being a tutor.

Although his economic situation was not the best, his father was everything to him. Even this one always wanted to see someone great in him, even if it meant parting ways. Thus, Min Ho demonstrates unconditional love for his father in this role.

Even in the scene where he gets beat up by his father, he doesn't care as his priority is his father.

Min Ho's facial expressions at the sight of his little family suffering from debt are so intense that you can't help but want to help them.

Kanto earthquake, Hansu trials begin

Hansu's life-changing event occurs during the Kanto, Japan earthquake in September 1923. A 7.1 magnitude earthquake that completely destroyed cities like Yokohama.

The Great Kanto Earthquake ignited hatred against Koreans because, according to the Japanese writer Akira Yoshimura in his short story "The Great Kanto Earthquake"; Rumors that the Koreans were taking advantage of the situation to rob, poison, and kill the Japanese led to poaching.

As Hansoo tries to get through the disaster, he also has to look back and come to terms with the fact that everything he planned for his future with his father has changed. This is where we see Lee Min Ho in a way we've never seen him before.

Sinister, along with the fires and dust cloud around him, makes him feel desperate. Lee Min Ho shows a distraught Hansoo who wants to throw himself into his father's arms, who is lost, doesn't know what to do, who just wants to be somewhere else.

What is the difference between Hansoo the villain of Pachinko and Lee Min Ho's other characters?

Although he is the first villain to be played by Lee Min-ho, unlike his other characters who have the behavior of spoiled children who often have problems with their mothers.

Pachinko demands that Hansoo be the villain to step on others before they step on him.

His cruelty stems from injustice, from the inhumanity that people showed in the face of another's misfortune, from the need to be the one who has power, so as not to be humiliated again for having nothing or for his origin.

Hansoo stands out from Lee Min Ho's other characters, his backstory shows part of South Korea's history of pain. While the rest of his characters are usually rom-com oriented, that doesn't make them any less important.

But with Hansoo, Lee Min Ho plays a character that shows the maturity of a boy who has lived through everything and never learned to be loved or love as it meant being vulnerable.

Also, you can see how Min Ho is different from his other characters in which he was presented as a "rich boy".

The South Korean actor is showing a new facet that fans, and even those who aren't, will be surprised by his performance and the evolution of his character.

Hansoo, the villain from Pachinko, will be celebrating before and after in Lee Min Ho's career.

Translation from spanish google
https://kmagazine.mx/k-dramas/hansu-el-villano-de-pachinko-marca-un-antes-y-despues-para-lee-min-ho/

Lee-Min-Ho-Talks-About-Acting-In-Korea-A

Lee Min Ho Talks About Acting In Korea And America

April 22, 2022  Larry Brown

Lee Min Ho: One of the most anticipated Korean series this year was Pachinko, due to performances by big stars like Hallyu actor Lee Min Ho. Who has not hesitated to talk about the differences to act for an American production and a Korean production.

Lee Minho He is one of the main characters in Pachinko, series produced by Apple TV +. From the beginning of filming, the Hallyu actor shared how different it was to work for such a large production, to difference of the jobs in which he usually participates in South Korea.

One of the most popular actors in the world of Korean dramas is Lee Min Ho, since his participation in Boys Over Flowers, the actor has remained at the top conquering thousands of hearts.

For that reason, it was not surprising that he was called for a project as big as Pachinko. The actor told in interviews about how different it is to work for a project outside the world of K-Dramas.

For Lee Min Ho, the differences between filming in Korea and in the US are many

At the beginning of the recordings, Lee Minho He confessed that for the first time in almost a decade he had to audition to get a role. Due to his popularity, he found the idea of auditioning exciting and a new challenge, though he couldn’t help but feel nervous that he had missed practice.

In the same way, he mentioned that one of the main differences between Korean and American productions is that one of the people who is completely involved in the filming process is the showrunners.

Lee Minho He mentioned that working in South Korea, the productions had never had a showrunner, so it was something new for him to see that Pachinko had this level in the direction that was in charge of checking that everything went according to plan.

In the same way he spoke with surprise and admiration of the Level of detail that foreign productions have. That they take care of every detail, even asking the actors if they feel comfortable acting out certain situations like kisses. So Lee Min Ho couldn’t help but be amazed at this style of work.

Lee Min Ho’s Pachinko Popularity Keeps Growing

Since the premiere of Pachinko, Lee Min Ho’s name has been trending worldwide. Mainly because of his performance as a villain in the series. Since many of his fans are used to seeing him as the hero of the story. Which has become quite refreshing for his followers. Are you liking Pachinko?

https://www.amknews.com/lee-min-ho-talks-about-acting-in-korea-and-america/

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Pachinko Episode 7: It Turns Out "Bad Boy" Lee Min Ho Was Once Such a Warm Boy, What Tragedy Has Happened, What Changed 180 Degrees?

Peach An Tu Rhythm

The seventh episode of Pachinko explores the tragic past of Lee Min Ho's character Ko Han Soo.

Recently, the 7th episode of the film Pachinko was released on the screens. This episode reveals the difficult and tragic past that Go Han Soo (Lee Min Ho) had to go through. From the very beginning of the film until now, Han Soo is shown to be a cold and pragmatic person. He was even called the "bad boy" for getting Sun Ja pregnant, but he didn't marry her. However, it is obviously not by chance that a person becomes like this.

untitled-4-1650601473104755424744.jpg

Once upon a time, Ko Han Soo had a difficult but happy life with his father.

untitled-5-16506015318012016062606.jpg

Han Soo's father loves him very much.

In his youth, Han Su was also a respectful, kind and warm guy. His father worked in a Japanese boxing gym, and Han-soo got a job as a tutor for Andrew, the son of a wealthy Holmes family. Han Su is very good at math and initially had the opportunity to go to America with the Holmes family. But the great earthquake in Yokohama changed Han Soo's life in a completely different direction.

Spoiler

4-1650601305175840495611.png

Ko Han Soo was supposed to have a very good future.

Han Su's father passed away right in front of his eyes. Moreover, the entire Holmes family could not avoid the tragedy when a strong earthquake occurred throughout the city, everything was engulfed in flames and everything turned into ruins.

Spoiler

1-1650601127544741029709.png

Seeing the Japanese burn their compatriots alive...

Spoiler

2-16506011275801122446208.png

... Ko Han Soo wanted to help, but he couldn't do anything.

This natural disaster greatly affected Han Su's spirit. In the midst of the incident, the suspicion and hatred of the Japanese towards the Koreans made Han-soo feel humiliated, angry, and helpless. He even had to witness how the Japanese burned 4 compatriots alive.

ava-16506010456211161900193.gif

The events of life caused a huge shock to Ko Han Soo.

The Pachinko movie airs every Friday morning on Apple TV+.

https://m.afamily.vn/pachinko-tap-7-hoa-ra-trai-deu-lee-min-ho-lai-tung-la-mot-anh-chang-am-ap-den-the-nay-bi-kich-nao-xay-ra-ma-thay-doi-180-do-20220422105307091.chn

• Like 5

hai everyone. :D the news was sensational. that was a very special moment in order to portray Koh Hansu, yakuza leader and fish broker as a man who stands up to powerful forces. we've got some updates from Min Ho Ssi youtube. :D

source

https://www.instagram.com/actorleeminho/

https://tv.apple.com/us/show/pachinko/umc.cmc.17vf6g68dy89kk1l1nnb6min4

https://youtube.com/c/leeminhofilm

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1