Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

45 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Why do you say Pachinko is under-performing?  What are you hearing from the grapevine?

Yes, agree that Apple is just starting up and does not have many subscribers.  Some may be watching from illegal sites and we will not know the numbers.

Anyone has any info about the 30 minute LMH film? @willenette, anybody else.   Excited to watch that.

@CallieP  this is what I feel.............  :heart2:

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I don't think you can compare Apple to Netflix.  The majority of Apple's content is original and Apple cares more about quality rather than quantity.  Sure, I like and watch Netflix, but IMHO, Apple's content is better.

Did anyone else read, according to the Dazed interview, that there will be a 20-30 min leeminho film?

@CarolynH  Apple TV Plus has a lot of solid original shows. However, Netflix simply has too big of a bench for both classic and original content. It’s the clear winner here & it's my opinion...........  :blush:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, willenette said:

@nina_mitrokhina  thanks for sharing this. The underperformance of “Pachinko” to date has been a surprise, given the strong cast. I feel that it has possibly been overshadowed by the more popular Netflix offerings. I’m surprised why being an Apple TV+ drama, this streaming platform has little exposure outside the United States.  Five episodes have been released so far, with three more to go.  

@willenette, It seems to me that "Pachinko" is a very high quality and interesting project. I have not experienced such pleasure from watching dramas for a long time - great acting, author's style and atmosphere of narration, intense plot, depth of conflicts. But this project may not be suitable for all viewers. "Pachinko" has no special effects or sensationalism, it is a product for the thoughtful viewer. So I don't worry about big popularity and drama ratings. It seems to me that Lee Min Ho is an honor and a great fortune to be in such a wonderful drama. He plays with such feeling and dedication, with such acting skills, which is admirable!

Of course, the competition between Apple and Netflix will be intense and will continue, but viewers always have a choice.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

[Star Lab ②] Lee Min Ho, the meaning of the name is proven "Pachinko"

Reporter Kyung Chul Yoon

FQB8QK_acAAYfGM?format=jpg&name=small

Actor Lee Min Ho once again confirmed his name with his excellent acting.

In the 13th year since OBS 'Unique Entertainment News' emerged with popularity at the syndrome level, I followed the time of actor Lee Min Ho, who still boasts an unrivaled aura, at 'Star Lab'.

Lee Min Ho reached the second peak of his acting career with 'The Heirs'. Kim Tan called "Heirs" who blew up Gu Jun Pyo's image. He was a free spirited man with a warm heart. But then again, I was in high school and the setting was the same as The Flower Man.

Lee Min Ho dispelled the controversy by portraying the growing pains of an 18-year-old boy who falls desperately in love thanks to his more mature acting skills and deeper emotional line. Behind her thick, wrinkled appearance, she hid a childish innocence and mournful eyes, perfectly digested the lines with a high difficulty of embarrassment, and listened to all the women of the world. He inherited both acting and popularity, and he wore a shining crown on his head like a real actor.

After that, Lee Min Ho took off his handsome man and dressed up as a real man in the intense bloody action movie "Gangnam 1970". He was a little late to the film industry with the idea that the weight itself must change, and showed an unexpected face, as if breaking preconceived ideas about his image. Lee Min Ho has only one body, his fighting skills are the only thing he can believe in, and as a gangster who jumps barefoot in the fight for the right to develop in Gangnam, he went to the shooting without even applying lotion for 7 months without applying lotion to perfectly express your youth.

From umbrellas to axes, he announced "Lee Min Ho's rediscovery", perfectly digesting all actions without a doppelgänger in case of large or small injuries, as well as real action that uses whatever he can get as a weapon. I couldn't keep Lee Min Ho as a youth star and a Hallyu star.

Then, in "The Legend of the Blue Sea" returned to the main hall, he showed the charm of the past as the last king of "fraudsters". He once again boasted the dignity of "King Roko" as a more attractive man than before, with a wide range of acting that goes back and forth between past and present life, and an inner crush on June the mermaid. Ji Hyun.

In The King: The Eternal Monarch, which began in his 30s after a military break, he showcased a wide range of action that freely crosses all genres, from melodrama to action, concluding a fatal romance that transcends time and space.

Lee Min Ho, who ended up choosing pachinko to get out of his "prince on a white horse" image, dreamed of a different makeover.

Through 'Pachinko', which she participated in after a long audition after 13 years of 'Flowers Over Berries', 'Han Soo' shakes up the main character's life in her youth. World.

Like the ultimate goal of "actor Lee Min Ho" he said 13 years ago, Lee Min Ho has been reborn as a more mature actor, captivating people with his sincere gaze and acting.

Translation from Korean google

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/427/0000039070

[Star Lab ①] Lee Min Ho, the best Hallyu star voted by others

Reporter Kyung Chul Yoon

FQB3dU-WYAUa3J3?format=jpg&name=small

Actor Lee Min Ho is recognized as the best Hallyu star.

In the 13th year since OBS 'Unique Entertainment News' emerged with popularity at the syndrome level, I followed the time of actor Lee Min Ho, who still boasts an unrivaled aura, at 'Star Lab'.

Because of his good looks, Lee Min Ho has received numerous street casting offers since middle school. However, it wasn't until my third year of high school that I decided to become an actor.

Lee Min Ho debuted in 2006 with "Secret Correction". However, when others roamed the campus and thought about their career path, they had to think "Can I walk again?" and start over.

Although there were very few lines, he had to endure obscurity as a handsome high schooler with a scene stealer with a unique look and acting. And at the end, he meets “Flowers Over Berries”, which will beautifully color the life of Lee Min Ho.

Lee Min Ho, heir to the world-famous chaebol group, cocky master and leader of the F4 "Children's Zone". He thought the clothes didn't suit him, so he thought about how to look cool and look like a conglomerate. He has a rough and cold personality, but before love, he proved himself to be the best actor of his time, playing a straightforward man who only knows one woman .

Lee Min Ho managed to capture enough of Goo Jun Pyo to fashion the most elaborate hairstyle in the history of a male actor.

My self-esteem and self-respect as an actor recovered significantly, and it was a turning point that allowed Lee Min Ho to become a better person as a person.

Within a year, his life changed completely. He has risen through the ranks of top stars who are self-proclaimed enough to be a model in numerous advertisements, and he has become the hottest star in Korea.

People began to admire him. Announcement of the birth of another Hallyu star that conquered Asia. Everything about him was in the spotlight and people everywhere wanted him.

However, Lee Min Ho did not get drunk on popularity. He did not remain a youth star, but wanted to become an “actor” suitable for any character, and thanks to his “personal taste”, he turned 180 degrees into a reliable man whom everyone would like to meet at least once.

He was also a city hunter who protected the city. With his tall stature and masculine charm, he gave Lee Min Ho a freshness even to such a face. As the first historical drama "Faith", it became the subject of the novel "Couple Imja", which bridged the 10-year difference between Kim Hee Sun and Kim Hee Sun, making fans fall in love with "Choi". Jung's disease" with deep eyes and modest actions.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/427/0000039069

Askthe Stars first drama with new equipment' 'Test shooting'

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

9 hours ago, willenette said:

@nina_mitrokhina  thanks for sharing this. The underperformance of “Pachinko” to date has been a surprise, given the strong cast. I feel that it has possibly been overshadowed by the more popular Netflix offerings. I’m surprised why being an Apple TV+ drama, this streaming platform has little exposure outside the United States.  Five episodes have been released so far, with three more to go.  :kaching1:

It was bad enough in TKEM days with people  saying that drama was underperforming on SBS when in actual fact it was doing incredibly well on Netflix.

Please don’t let’s start doing that about Pachinko.
Let’s just enjoy the moment- the incredible worldwide review - the numerous positive articles about the drama and LMH’s acting- the fact that 
12 million watched Episode 1 of Pachinko when it was released to Korea only YouTube. 

I agree with what CarolynH said - Apple cares about quality- and it shows in every frame of Pachinko.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Lee Min Ho and Nam Joo Hyuk also listened. Bags are becoming a man's "IT"

Reporter Choi Bo Yoon

Men's bags!

Don't think you're just a part-time job to queue up for women's fashion brand Open Run. "A man these days" carries a handbag. At first glance, this shoulder bag seems feminine. This is a phenomenon that happened when the gender division disappeared, but if you look at it, high heels were exclusively for men, and pantyhose also became pantyhose because the stockings worn under men's pants were attached to the pants.

BDUUUT7J2VEYJLWWGUZAW3X5H4.jpg

Actor Lee Min Ho, who recently became an ambassador for Italian luxury brand Fendi, became a hot topic by wearing a mini bag when entering the country after the completion of Apple TV+'s 'Pachinko' promotion schedule in the US. Released as an ambassador, he created a sensual vibe with the Fendi Peekaboo Medium Bag from the men's Spring/Summer 2022 collection, a black jacquard blazer (jacket), shirt and trousers with a FENDI Earth motif, and this time with a mini bag. Once again, the Sculpture of Beauty was completed.

The Wall Street Journal recently published an article titled "How Men's Hype Bags Became the New Sneakers": "Men can now be obsessed with accessories," he said.

In the past, men's bags were usually small or large. Under the dance, under the arm they carried a handbag a little more than a wallet, or it was a briefcase. As a non-student, what carried the backpack was a symbol of mountaineering or a difficult office worker who was hit by a heavy laptop.

It's been a long time since the backpack has proven to be an item that pairs especially well with a stylish new suit. It seemed difficult to challenge a large bag (a bag with a handle that makes it easy to carry things) without being, in simple terms, a “fashionista”. Now a large bag stands out, as well as a nice-sized cross bag...

https://www.chosun.com/special/special_section/2022/04/08/GSO2WIHPI5AGLBUP67SW6E3LSM/

15,000,000 views!! Congratulations!!!

what's the most searched OTT contents in the first week of April?
1. Pachinko
starring YounYuhjung, Lee Min Ho & Kim Minha, it has been at the top for 2 weeks after topping the daily integration ranking of Kinolights for AppleTV+

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

Lee Min Ho releases a photo book that chronicles a 1 year and 6 month journey through the DMZ.  .. Natural moment without embellishment Lee Min Ho.

DUErTh1q?format=jpg&name=small

A photo book containing 1 year and 6 months of DMZ (Korean Peninsula Military Demarcation Line) of actor Lee Min Ho will be released. MBC's UHD opening film 'DMZ, The Wild', which gained popularity with the general public and culminated in a recent documentary with great success, is set in a vibrant DMZ ecosystem that has yet to be released. Besides, although it is a symbol of a painful division, the appearance of a sprout of life in the endless pastures was more impressive than surprising.

In particular, Lee Min Ho, who led viewers into the world of the DMZ as Korea's first host of nature documentaries, watched not only by talking, but also by participating in a difficult journey of one year and six months and sharing the pain. deep sound for people, and received a warm response even after the end of the main story on the 26th of last month. The photobook "LEE MIN HO, THE WILD: DMZ subtitled THE RECORDS OF 500 DAYS", which will be released this time, depicts MC Lee Min Ho's challenge to "DMZ, the Wild". A real documentary photo book about a person about 1 year and 6 months. Journey through the DMZ.

In fact, this photo book, which consists of scenes from the main DMZ locations visited by Lee Min Ho, cut down on artificial elements as much as possible to take advantage of the special production and features of the documentary without a fixed composition. from the background of participating in the DMZ documentation project for the first time to the appearance of actively participating in the production, Lee Min Ho, who is not an actor, captured a natural moment without embellishment.

Thinking of Lee Min Ho's appearance as a DMZ, he not only enjoys recording emotional changes in essays and interviews, but also enjoys reading. It also adds a brief highlights book and production history that lets you see the documentary program at a glance, and re-introduces an unknown DMZ land that hasn't been released in over 50 years.

This photo book, which can be called an extended version of 'DMZ, The Wild', is a new concept photo that not only shows Lee Min Ho's new look, which was not seen on TV, but also various sights and information about the DMZ.

The book will be released worldwide starting on the 10th in South Korea. In addition, from August 7 to 31, host Lee Min Ho will be holding a photo exhibition in the lobby on the 1st floor of MBC Sangnam's Control Center, which will leave a lasting impression of 'DMZ, The Wild'.

Translation from Japanese google

https://korepo.com/archives/1102004

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

It was bad enough in TKEM days with people  saying that drama was underperforming on SBS when in actual fact it was doing incredibly well on Netflix.

Let’s just enjoy the moment- the incredible worldwide review - the numerous positive articles about the drama and LMH’s acting- the fact that 
12 million watched Episode 1 of Pachinko when it was released to Korea only YouTube. 

I agree with what CarolynH said - Apple cares about quality- and it shows in every frame of Pachinko.

I agree, when TKEM came out it did very well in international Netflix, especially in new areas like Africa, Middle East, India, South America.  Even in Africa, the boyfriends were bemoaning that their girlfriends were besotted with LMH and forgot about them.   One even wrote an open letter to LMH complaining about his effect on this poor guy's girlfriend.  :joy:.

Even if it under performed in network ratings, it was # 1 in Waave and Netflix Korea.  It was the first K-drama that did so well in streaming outlets.  Others would follow suit culminating in Squid.  Haters would like to blame everything on LMH and he seems to shoulder the responsibility but hardly any of the complaints were about him.  In fact, I would say, if LMH was not the lead, the drama would have not done well at all.  It was because of LMH that the drama received worldwide attention. 

The failure was on KES, concentrating on the wrong aspects of the drama, for instance, too much on the murders itself and the police investigations.  It was confusing.  Then the fuss with the logo and set design.  Then the in your face PPL.  It should have had more scenes with Le Gon and his bodyguard or more episodes to flush out the story.  They were a hoot.  Network ratings should not matter.  SK is only a small population.   In fact Squid was not that well-liked in SK from what I heard.  I am sure its ratings would be just normal (not 30% like Married).  However, it was a runaway hit on Netflix.  Go figure.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

I totally agree  with Carolyn, Callie, NIna and Lindy.  Apple TV may have a smaller market than other streaming platforms but it features mostly quality shows. Let's enjoy and focus on the positive things. Checkout this article about the show's performance in SK ...   

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/009/0004947768

'Pachinko' blocks Netflix's monopoly and ranks first in OTT integration

Apple TV+'s original series 'Pachinko' topped the OTT integrated rankings for two weeks in a row amid global attention.

According to Kinolights on the 11th, the ambitious work 'Pachinko', which Apple TV+ invested a whopping 100 billion won in production costs, ranked first in the integrated content ranking in the first week of April (4/4~4/8). This includes content in the OTT service provided in Korea and movies currently being shown in theaters. As a result, 'Pachinko' has maintained its top position for two weeks in a row following the last week and is currently solo.

Based on the novel of the same name by writer Lee Min-jin, 'Pachinko' is a drama about the hopes and dreams of a Korean immigrant family. Among the works of Apple TV+, for the first time, it ranked first in the daily integrated rankings of Kinolitz and is playing an active role as a competitor to Netflix.

It was first released on the 25th of last month and received rave reviews from domestic and foreign media and critics, such as recording 100% freshness on Rotten Tomatoes at the same time as there are only three episodes left until the completion.

Thanks to the success of the drama, the original novel is also gaining popularity in domestic bookstores. The novel 'Pachinko', which entered the rankings on the bestseller list at major bookstores at the end of March, steadily reversed and reached the overall No. It ranks high in Kyobo Bookstore's daily overall ranking, ranking first in Internet bookstores, and in Yes24's overall overall ranking.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2

22 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina said:

[Star Lab ②] Lee Min Ho, the meaning of the name is proven "Pachinko"

Reporter Kyung Chul Yoon

Actor Lee Min Ho once again confirmed his name with his excellent acting.

Lee Min Ho reached the second peak of his acting career with 'The Heirs'. Kim Tan called "Heirs" who blew up Gu Jun Pyo's image. He was a free spirited man with a warm heart. But then again, I was in high school and the setting was the same as The Flower Man.

Lee Min Ho dispelled the controversy by portraying the growing pains of an 18-year-old boy who falls desperately in love thanks to his more mature acting skills and deeper emotional line. Behind her thick, wrinkled appearance, she hid a childish innocence and mournful eyes, perfectly digested the lines with a high difficulty of embarrassment, and listened to all the women of the world. He inherited both acting and popularity, and he wore a shining crown on his head like a real actor.

After that, Lee Min Ho took off his handsome man and dressed up as a real man in the intense bloody action movie "Gangnam 1970". He was a little late to the film industry with the idea that the weight itself must change, and showed an unexpected face, as if breaking preconceived ideas about his image. Lee Min Ho has only one body, his fighting skills are the only thing he can believe in, and as a gangster who jumps barefoot in the fight for the right to develop in Gangnam, he went to the shooting without even applying lotion for 7 months without applying lotion to perfectly express your youth.

From umbrellas to axes, he announced "Lee Min Ho's rediscovery", perfectly digesting all actions without a doppelgänger in case of large or small injuries, as well as real action that uses whatever he can get as a weapon. I couldn't keep Lee Min Ho as a youth star and a Hallyu star.

Then, in "The Legend of the Blue Sea" returned to the main hall, he showed the charm of the past as the last king of "fraudsters". He once again boasted the dignity of "King Roko" as a more attractive man than before, with a wide range of acting that goes back and forth between past and present life, and an inner crush on June the mermaid. Ji Hyun.

In The King: The Eternal Monarch, which began in his 30s after a military break, he showcased a wide range of action that freely crosses all genres, from melodrama to action, concluding a fatal romance that transcends time and space.

Lee Min Ho, who ended up choosing pachinko to get out of his "prince on a white horse" image, dreamed of a different makeover.

Through 'Pachinko', which she participated in after a long audition after 13 years of 'Flowers Over Berries', 'Han Soo' shakes up the main character's life in her youth. World.

Like the ultimate goal of "actor Lee Min Ho" he said 13 years ago, Lee Min Ho has been reborn as a more mature actor, captivating people with his sincere gaze and acting.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/427/0000039070

@nina_mitrokhina  thanks for sharing this.  "Pachinko,"  has fanned the sales of the Korean translation of its original book in South Korea. The translated book shot up 97 places to sixth on the weekly bestsellers list for the fourth week of March by Kyobo Book Center, the biggest bookstore chain in South Korea. On the weekly chart for the first week of April, the novel moved up one notch to fifth place. According to Yes24, a local online bookstore, it has been atop the list for two weeks in a row. 

'Pachinko" first episode is currently available on YouTube for free, and it hit 15.7 million views as of yesterday.   :cutekitty:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

'Pachinko' blocks Netflix's monopoly and ranks first in OTT integration

Apple TV+'s original series 'Pachinko' topped the OTT integrated rankings for two weeks in a row amid global attention.

According to Kinolights on the 11th, the ambitious work 'Pachinko', which Apple TV+ invested a whopping 100 billion won in production costs, ranked first in the integrated content ranking in the first week of April (4/4~4/8). This includes content in the OTT service provided in Korea and movies currently being shown in theaters. As a result, 'Pachinko' has maintained its top position for two weeks in a row following the last week and is currently solo.

Based on the novel of the same name by writer Lee Min-jin, 'Pachinko' is a drama about the hopes and dreams of a Korean immigrant family. Among the works of Apple TV+, for the first time, it ranked first in the daily integrated rankings of Kinolitz and is playing an active role as a competitor to Netflix.

It was first released on the 25th of last month and received rave reviews from domestic and foreign media and critics, such as recording 100% freshness on Rotten Tomatoes at the same time as there are only three episodes left until the completion.

Thanks to the success of the drama, the original novel is also gaining popularity in domestic bookstores. The novel 'Pachinko', which entered the rankings on the bestseller list at major bookstores at the end of March, steadily reversed and reached the overall No. It ranks high in Kyobo Bookstore's daily overall ranking, ranking first in Internet bookstores, and in Yes24's overall overall ranking.

@Kris Silva I very much agree regarding the translated novel in SK. “Pachinko,” is boosting sales of the book.  :luvarrow:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CarolynH said:
Apparently doing well in Spain!  

I'm too lazy to scroll up, but read someone said Pachinko is under performing? LOL.

Pachinko was never intended to be some cheesy popular Korean dramas which run everyday on Netflix. It is a critically acclaimed US produced Korean content which will have big potential for Emmy. Apple TV cannot be compared to Netflix, they have niche and different positioning in the entertainment streaming segment and their approaches have gained result with Coda as the first original streaming show who won Oscar. They already beat Netflix in that front.

And if you say Pachinko is not popular? Thats totally wrong. It is number 1 streaming show in Korea, beating Netflix shows in the market and Pachinko book sales have been soaring high in several markets since the show is airing. It is also one of the most trending show in the US along with all other American content (based on Variety, Deadline, etc).

Pachinko is not meant to be like Netflix's Korean dramas these days who target viewers in developing countries. It's main target is US and Korea and other developed markets which have enough people who are rich enough to purchase Apple products and have ability to enjoy heavier type of contents. From what I see so far, Apple TV has reached their goal.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote tweets! Thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Unamused 1

:Megalol::Megalol:

'Pachinko' shows Hanbok's journey through history: NY Times

20220411111145656_609D01LQ.jpg

The New York Times on April 9 featured the traditional Korean clothing Hanbok in the article "One Garment's Journey Through History." (Screen capture from Times' website)

The New York Times has put the spotlight on the traditional Korean clothing Hanbok as shown by the acclaimed Apple TV+ series "Pachinko," a story about four generations of a Korean family set in Korea, Japan and the U.S.  

In the article "One Garment's Journey Through History," the daily on April 9 said, "The evolution of the Korean hanbok is a lens into the history of the country, which is now being traced in the series 'Pachinko.'"

"The traditional Korean hanbok, made to accommodate movement, is as beautiful as it is functional," it added. "Hanbok has reflected variations and styles over its more than 2,000-year history... Before the introduction of Western styles to Korea, it was simply everyday wear."

The Times called the series a "watershed moment" in American TV entertainment. While dramas depicting Korean life in the early 20th century are common on Korean TV, the article said, the "trilingual series, told in Korean, Japanese and English, takes care to portray, in intimate, humanizing detail, such elements of everyday Korean life from the early 20th century."

The protagonist Sunja, a girl born during the Japanese occupation of Korea to poor parents in Busan, grows up cooking and running errands. Her Hanbok outfit, made from crushed cotton and muslin, is the historical result of advice from experts. As her time passes, her outfit undergoes subtle changes.    

Soo Hugh, the Korean American executive producer of "Pachinko," was quoted as saying "hanbok made from hemp and cotton moves differently," adding, "We wanted to capture that detail as a storytelling tool for our characters, and their economic conditions as well."

Amid increased xenophobic violence and crimes against Asians because of COVID-19, The Times said, some Korean Americans have embraced Hanbok as a symbol of their cultural pride in the face of racism.

20220411141855104_5EQ6G0T4.jpg

The protagonist Sunja as a child from the Apple TV+ series "Pachinko" wears Hanbok. (Apple TV+'s YouTube account)

kimhyelin211@korea.kr

• Like 3

Apple TV Plus And HBO Max Are Lapping Netflix With Quality Content

While no one can compete with Netflix on volume, at this point, it’s hard to say that they’re leading the streaming wars in terms of overall quality content. Over the last year or two, two contenders have emerged that have produced some absolutely incredible series that Netflix simply has been unable to come close to matching. That would be HBO Max and Apple TV Plus.

All you have to do is look at the 2022 content slate to see the disparity starting to widen. So far this year, here are the biggest series that each service has given us:

Apple TV Plus: Pachinko, ...

While some of this may be a matter of preference, I don’t think it’s particularly close. ... Pachinko are probably two of the best new series in the last several years. 

Granted, I can name good Netflix shows too, but it feels like where 2 out of every 10 Netflix originals might be worthwhile these days, 8 out of 10 on HBO or Apple are really fantastic. HBO has a long history of curating high quality original content, and they’re continuing to do that with HBO Max. Apple TV Plus has been especially impressive. After a slow start, they have really managed to find some deeply fantastic gems, and are now producing must-watch television on a more consistent basis than their rivals. Oh and they casually just won the Oscar for Best Picture with CODA.

Obviously Netflix isn’t going anywhere as market leader, but if you can expand your budget to a few more services, I’d argue HBO Max and Apple are your best value for the money right now, probably more than Netflix itself as it continues to jack up prices repeatedly. We’ll see what the rest of 2022 holds.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/04/12/apple-tv-plus-and-hbo-max-are-lapping-netflix-with-quality-content/?sh=61948dc367ed

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

On 4/11/2022 at 6:30 PM, nina_mitrokhina said:

15,000,000 views!! Congratulations!!

what's the most searched OTT contents in the first week of April?
1. Pachinko
starring YounYuhjung, Lee Min Ho & Kim Minha, it has been at the top for 2 weeks after topping the daily integration ranking of Kinolights for AppleTV+

@nina_mitrokhina this is good to know. With only three episodes left, good that it is taking the world by storm by reigning

OTT rankings.  :popcornjackson:

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 11:54 AM, nina_mitrokhina said:

t seems to me that "Pachinko" is a very high quality and interesting project. I have not experienced such pleasure from watching dramas for a long time - great acting, author's style and atmosphere of narration, intense plot, depth of conflicts. But this project may not be suitable for all viewers. "Pachinko" has no special effects or sensationalism, it is a product for the thoughtful viewer. So I don't worry about big popularity and drama ratings. It seems to me that Lee Min Ho is an honor and a great fortune to be in such a wonderful drama. He plays with such feeling and dedication, with such acting skills, which is admirable!

Of course, the competition between Apple and Netflix will be intense and will continue, but viewers always have a choice.

My 2 cents here, Apple content have far more chances of winning awards Like Emmy than Netflix's do, Netflix has just too many mainstream content at this point lol.

And yes with Netflix being mainstream the content is getting not so new or innovative, Apple TV has an advantage there. The only downside I find it's platform specific, I need it on Android legally too haha.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Pachinko: the exciting series that everyone is talking about that will bring back the fever for Korean productions

Available on Apple TV +, this epic drama that tells the saga of a Korean family in Japan has become the most talked about series in recent weeks.

After the success of Parasite and The Squid Game, the Korean audiovisual industry is determined to show that its ability to attract all kinds of audiences is not a flash in the pan. And although its production capacity is already at the level of countries with a greater presence in international fiction, it never ceases to amaze us that its creations become a must for any fan of cinema and television series. The latest to do so is Pachinko, the exciting series that everyone is talking about that promises to revive the fever for Korean productions.

Premiered on March 25 on Apple Tv+, this Korean-Canadian co-production is based on the book of the same name by Min Jin Lee, which has been edited in Spain by Quaterni. An epic and romantic drama set in South Korea and Japan in the 20th century, from 1910 to the 1990s. To achieve this, the narration is divided into two timelines, that of the girl Sunja and that of herself when she is an old woman.

Composed of 8 episodes, of which we can already find five on Apple TV +, Pachinko has the usual quality of the platform to tell an exciting and complex story without being a complication for the viewer. Epic and intimate in equal parts, Pachinko is outstanding in all its aspects, from the interpretation of its protagonists to its setting, through the development of the characters or its ability to place the audience in an environment that can be as alien as it is distant , in which it is not difficult to empathize with the characters.

In Pachinko everything is beautiful, from its initial credits to its impressive aerial shots in which the rurality of the beginning of the century contrasts with the urbanism and modernity of the end of that time. With identity as the central core of the story, the qualities of this production are many. But it is striking that from a starting point as hackneyed as a family saga, a story has been built that surprises and excites, both for what it tells and for how it is told.

Shot in the two languages of the countries in which it is set, and in English, Pachinko is a blockbuster as spectacular as the story it tells . A fiction to take into account that will place the Korean industry at the world epicenter of audiovisual creations in its own right, and not because it was a fad, as has happened with The Squid Game. And that serves to confirm that the ability of Apple TV + to enter the crowded universe of streaming has not been a passing whim, but a careful commitment that places it as one of the essential platforms for lovers of audiovisual fiction.

https://www.mujerhoy.com/actualidad/pachinko-serie-coreana-appletv-de-que-va-por-que-tienes-que-verla-20220411202910-nt.html

• Like 9

'Pachinko' with the scent of Mugunghwa, is a hot topic both inside and outside. As of the 12th, when five of the eight episodes were released, it took the first place in Korea (based on Kinolights) among OTT original content such as Netflix, and in the United States, it had 3.4 times more viewers (based on Parrot Analytics) than the average of local drama users in the last month did. The conservative British daily The Telegraph praised "This quiet Korean masterpiece puts our drama to shame."

Netflix and Apple TV+ thought about investing in this drama, and in the end, 'Pachinko' came out with an apple mark (Apple logo). 'Pachinko' has Korean actors (Yoon Yeo-jeong, Lee Min-ho, Kim Min-ha) as the main characters, and more than 60% of the lines are written in Korean.

https://n.news.naver.com/mnews/article/469/0000669191?sid=103

• Like 7

<Pachinko> Reasons for being attracted to Lee Min Ho

2022.04.13 CULTURE

<Pachinko> Go Han Soo, played by Lee Min Ho, is a complex and subtle character. Being in a conflict between love and ambition, he gradually turns into a villain. Go Han Soo is a handsome villain and he has a charm that transcends all of that.

style_625646216fd09.jpg

The name Lee Min Ho is worth it. Through the dramas "Boys Over Flowers", "Heirs", "Legend of the Blue Sea" and "The King: Eternal Monarch", he rose to Hallyu stars and top stars. Everyone wants to work with him because he is tall, handsome, plays well and guarantees box office success.

<Pachinko> is Lee Min Ho's first work on an online video service (OTT). Not only the platform has changed, but also the characters. Go Han Soo is a character full of ambition to succeed and true to his instincts. He had to make an important decision as he often took on cool and fantastic characters. So, I auditioned for the first time in 13 years since Flowers Over Berries. So he took on the role of Go Han Soo. In an interview for Pachinko, Lee Min Ho said, “I have always played with the burden of the ratings and box office. If it was <Pachinko>, I thought I would be able to freely act with the entity's emotions without such a burden." He also expressed his affection for the character.

To play Go Han Soo, Lee Min Ho focused more on the inside than on the outside. I didn't deliberately go on a diet or make it look clumsy. Because of this, I'm more interested in Lee Min Ho's acting skills. As the episode progresses, Hansoo Go changes. From a good person to a villain who will do anything to achieve the desired goal.

So the eyes are gradually changing. If not for Lee Min Ho, who would be able to portray Go Han Soo? Lee Min Ho said, “Instead of asking us to learn the history of Korea through this work, we are here because of the sacrifices and efforts of our ancestors and older generations. I hope we have time to reflect on ourselves and think about what we can do for the next generation." The mentality is also excellent. That's why I said, "Lee Min Ho will be the winner anyway"? There are reasons to look forward to Friday.

Pak Khanbitnuri

https://www.gqkorea.co.kr/2022/04/13/이민호에게-끌리는-이유/?utm_source=naver&utm_medium=partnership

April 15th (Friday) Kitasenju Marui 2F "BIENCE" pop-up shop is NEW OPEN !!
To commemorate the opening, we are preparing a gift
We look forward to your visit

FQM4CgHagAInP7_?format=jpg&name=large

Dear Lee Min Ho: A fan pens down a letter to the ‘Pachinko’ star’s iconic characters over the years

Apr 12, 2022

lee_min_ho_2_main_3.jpg?width=752&format

Actor Lee Min Ho is well-loved for his multiple iconic roles over the years in K-Dramas like ‘Boys Over Flowers’ and ‘The Heirs’. The actor’s screen presence, attention to detail, and his way of making each character his own have put him in a league of his own. Currently, Lee Min Ho is starring in ‘Pachinko’, a series based on a hit novel of the same name.

Today’s lovely letter has been penned by Malini to Lee Min Ho. Read their letter, below.

Dear Mr Lee,

“You are, and always have been, my dream.” - Nicholas Sparks

I penned down this to newly found ‘Mr Hansu’ who is standing straight to his desires. I am writing this letter to my king whose white horse is running with my heartbeat. I am writing this letter to Jun Pyo who is unintentionally sweet. I am [writing] this letter to that young architect who has no intention to fall in love with his graceful house owner. My letter is to Kim Tan who has found his first love in days of school.

The art of falling can be many, and in every way I have fallen for you Mr Lee. Your effortless acting, your understanding behavior, your deep-diving eyesight, your every blissful smile. All this is enough to skip every beat of my heart.

I have in my lifetime found someone for whom I can wait till eternity. Life seems short in order to reach you. BUT Thank God on Earth every line meets at a certain point.

Yours

Malini...

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-lee-min-ho-fan-pens-down-letter-pachinko-star-s-iconic-characters-over-years-1066295

• Like 3