Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 4/16/2022 at 3:34 PM, syntyche said:

'The Godfather' and Earthquakes Inspired 'Pachinko'

Soo Hugh, who created the Apple TV+ adaptation of Min Jin Lee’s bestselling novel, talks about the movies, historical events, and books that influenced the show.

The Great Kantō earthquake of 1923

Hugh’s research also led her to the Kantō earthquake, which hit the Tokyo-Yokahama area on September 1, 1923. The quake’s impact was massive, with a death toll believed to total at least 140,000. In the aftermath, Korean immigrants became scapegoats, with rumors that they were adding to the destruction. This led to massacres, and the Smithsonian reports that an estimated 6,000 Koreans were killed as a result. That inspired another major change from the book: giving Sunja’s upper-class lover, Hansu (Lee Min-Ho), a backstory in Episode 7. In the book, Hansu is much more of a villain who seduces a much-younger Sunja and leaves her pregnant and unmarried, but Hugh wanted a different approach for the show.

[In] the research that I was doing about Korean history in Japan, I came across the Kantō earthquake. I had never heard of the Kantō earthquake; I had never known about just what a devastation it was upon Japan. And then to hear about the violence that came upon the Koreans, I was really shocked by it, but more important that I realized [it answered so many of] my questions about Hansu: “Who is he? Where did he come from? How does someone like him become that way?” All of a sudden, things just started to realign themselves in this really elegant way. And I thought about the Kantō earthquake, and all of a sudden in framing him with that background and that history, he became a fully fleshed, three-dimensional character to me.

I'm not interested in doing heroes and villains. I just don't believe it represents life at all. And I don't think it represents the ambitions or the heart of a show like this, which just says, "We're going to tell the story about a kaleidoscope of humanity in our own way." And that means people have to have backgrounds. People have to have had a life lived. And whether or not you like a character, you have to accept them as human. And so with Hansu, I find [him] to be an extremely complicated figure, [but] when I think about the Kantō earthquake, it just makes that character feel more lived-in.

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/soo-hugh-interview-pachinko-inspirations

@syntyche  thanks for sharing this. "Pachinko" was one of the Most Searched Korean Entertainment Related Wikipedia Pages last month (March). Every month, they create a list of the most-viewed pages for that month, and it’s a good way to see what topics are trending.This article received 399.3k total views. Here is what the article opens up with:

Pachinko is an American drama television series created by Soo Hugh based on the novel of the same name by Manhattan-based author and journalist Min Jin Lee. The series is directed by Kogonada and Justin Chon and stars Youn Yuh Jung, Lee Min Ho, Kim Min Ha, and Jin Ha.

:kaching1:

source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Korea/Popular_pages

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Let’s take a look back at Lee Min Ho when he hasn’t bulked up yet: still handsome but cannot compare to the “playboy” Koh Han Su

April 17, 2022

Lee Min Ho of the past is still handsome, but in terms of aura, him of 2022 definitely wins
How did Lee Min Ho look in the past?
Currently, on many SNS platforms, a trend of throwing back past photos is going around. Many stars have joined this trend, and even though Lee Min Ho is not one of them, fans have joined the trend in his stead.

FQm1Hr5XwAQZr1s?format=jpg&name=small

Lee Min Ho used to look very thin, but even that cannot affect his visual.

Recently, a photo of him taken in the past is getting the attention of K-drama fans. Many agree that Lee Min Ho at that time was quite thin, but that alone cannot affect his visual at all. Netizens said after seeing this photo, “He looked too thin but he was still hot,” “OMG,” “Wow, he looked so thin,” “But he was still handsome to me…”

Lee Min Ho in “Pachinko”: the aura of the bad boy Koh Han Su
Like how netizens say, Lee Min Ho’s visual has never been bad. However, in terms of his aura and vibe, he in the past won’t be able to be compared to his aura as Koh Han Su in “Pachinko”.

In “Pachinko”, Lee Min Ho plays the role of a Korean businessman living in Japan named Koh Han Su. Despite being married, he only sees this marriage as a business one and still cheated on his wife with the innocent country girl Sun Ja. However, when Sun Ja suggest them getting married, he tried to avoid and only wanted her to live a life next to him with no official title at all.

FQm1Hr0XEAMDRVh?format=jpg&name=small

FQm1Hr2X0AEZrs7?format=jpg&name=small

Despite being a bad boy, Koh Han Su’s aura is undeniable
Obviously, Koh Han Su is not the audience’s favorite character.

However, it’s undeniable that Lee Min Ho as this character is so hot!

https://kbizoom.com/lets-take-a-look-back-at-lee-min-ho-when-he-hasnt-bulked-up-yet-still-handsome-but-cannot-compare-to-the-playboy-koh-han-su/

• Like 7

[Apple TV+ Press]

Episodes & Images
EPISODE 7 - Chapter Seven

As a young man in 1923 Yokohama, Hansu is thrown into a cataclysmic disaster that will change everything.

Premiere Date: April 22, 2022

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1

*** Kpopmap took a fun poll in their weekly series "Top 10 Instagram Updates By K-Drama Actorsasking their readers to cast their votes for which K-Drama actor had the best Instagram update from their selection that week. LMH on Top 1 with the best Instagram update for the 1st week of April 2022.  With this photoshoot for DAZED Magazine, he proves he is not just the king of the TV but also Instagram as he comes 1st place in this poll with 76.3% (17,830) of the total votes.   :loveu:

lee-minho.jpg

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

“Pachinko” actress Kim Min-ha, “First impression of Lee Min-ho? He’s really tall… I was overwhelmed”

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/04/19040601/lee-min-ho-kim-min-ha-19042022-thumbnail-780x470.jpg

April 19, 2022

Kim Min-ha told a behind story about her experience of working with Lee Min-ho.

Kim Min-ha appeared on SBS Power FM’s “Park Ha-sun’s Cinetown”, which aired on April 19th, and revealed her first impression of Lee Min-ho, with whom she worked together in Apple TV’s drama “Pachinko”. In this series, Kim Min-ha plays the young Sun-ja while Lee Min-ho plays Han-soo, drawing keen attention.

202204191126506710_2_20220419112807856.j

Regarding her first impression of Lee Min-ho, Kim Min-ha said, “I met him for the first time at the final audition. He was extremely tall” adding, “I felt overwhelmed when doing the script reading with him for the chemistry part between Han-soo and Sun-ja. It was so amazing”.

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/03/27082658/pachinko-lee-min-ho-27032022-3-1024x568.jpeg

She continued, “He treated me comfortably. I also feel comfortable when sharing personal things with him. I felt very thankful when he told me to act everything I wanted to do”, expressing her appreciation for Lee Min-ho.

https://kbizoom.com/pachinko-actress-kim-min-ha-first-impression-of-lee-min-ho-hes-really-tall-i-was-overwhelmed/

• Like 3
  • Love 3

*** The novel "Pachinko" has become the best-selling book in Korea  as its adaptation on Apple TV+ has been gaining popularity. The book has topped the weekly bestsellers list for its second week in April. It soared to the top from the fifth spot on the list last week. The Korean-translated version of the book, which came out some years ago, regained attention following the release of Apple TV+'s original series. According to the local online bookstore Aladdin the sales for the two-part book surged drastically by about 15 times last month compared to the same period last year,   :rainbow:

credit : Korea Times

• Like 3

Who has the Best leaning angle like a statue: Lee Min Ho, Hyun Bin and Ahn Hyo Seop are popular but will they lose to this name?

20220419_091029-1140x570.jpg

Check out the Korean actors who have the perfect angle, Lee Min Ho, Hyun Bin, Ahn Hyo Seop who is the best? Let’s vote and pick out the best.

Not only known for their stable acting ability, but some Korean actors are also remembered for their impressive looks and extreme tilt angle

The audience has the opportunity to see the moments when the male actors show off their side angles through TVC ads or hit movies.

1. LEE MIN HO

Lee Min Ho is the actor with the highest brand value in Korea.

saostar-lvh5peq41i9zaqwn.jpg

Lee Min Ho is considered beautiful without dead corners. The male actor captivated fans with his charismatic side-by-side photos with a straight nose bridge and perfect five senses.

saostar-ybdq1xij3legh1kp.png

Lee Min Ho’s acting career is marked by many roles in hit dramas such as Boys over flower, The Heir, Legend of the Blue Sea,…

Spoiler

saostar-fd0l1yairkczook6.jpg

saostar-v4r3d7e5kdtf9u4z.jpg

The most recent drama of the Asian king is, Pachinko, is receiving a lot of attention from the public.

https://mydramafans.com/who-has-the-best-leaning-angle-like-a-statue/

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, nina_mitrokhina said:

Who has the Best leaning angle like a statue: Lee Min Ho, Hyun Bin and Ahn Hyo Seop are popular but will they lose to this name?

Check out the Korean actors who have the perfect angle, Lee Min Ho, Hyun Bin, Ahn Hyo Seop who is the best? Let’s vote and pick out the best.

Not only known for their stable acting ability, but some Korean actors are also remembered for their impressive looks and extreme tilt angle

The audience has the opportunity to see the moments when the male actors show off their side angles through TVC ads or hit movies.

1. LEE MIN HO

Lee Min Ho is the actor with the highest brand value in Korea.

Lee Min Ho is considered beautiful without dead corners. The male actor captivated fans with his charismatic side-by-side photos with a straight nose bridge and perfect five senses.

Lee Min Ho’s acting career is marked by many roles in hit dramas such as Boys over flower, The Heir, Legend of the Blue Sea,…

Reveal hidden contents

saostar-fd0l1yairkczook6.jpg

saostar-v4r3d7e5kdtf9u4z.jpg

The most recent drama of the Asian king is, Pachinko, is receiving a lot of attention from the public.

https://mydramafans.com/who-has-the-best-leaning-angle-like-a-statue/

@nina_mitrokhina  thanks for sharing this. I very much agree that LMH has the perfect angle. Aside from this, he also has an "ideal" nose angle.   :kaching3: 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

LEE MIN HO ACQUIRED A NEW ABILITY IN LEGEND OF THE BLUE SEA

LEE MIN HO LEARNED MAGIC TRICKS FOR LEGEND OF THE BLUE SEA

At the Legend of the Blue Sea press conference the Korean actor said that his character was very interesting and had allowed him to do many things that would surely excite us through the screen, but he also confessed that as part of the preparations for the role had to practice a new talent. Lee Min Ho pointed out that for three months he was learning different magic tricks. But since he was not familiar with those techniques, it was very exciting. And now he is confident showing off those kinds of skills.

Throughout the drama we can see Lee Min Ho changing from one facet to another as he deceives powerful people. but this is always accompanied by some magic tricks that he performs leaving everyone speechless.

https://www.nacionrex.com/doramas/Lee-Min-Ho-adquirio-una-nueva-habilidad-en-Legend-of-the-Blue-Sea-20220418-0018.html

• Like 6

8 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina said:

“Pachinko” actress Kim Min-ha, “First impression of Lee Min-ho? He’s really tall… I was overwhelmed”

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/04/19040601/lee-min-ho-kim-min-ha-19042022-thumbnail-780x470.jpg

April 19, 2022

Kim Min-ha told a behind story about her experience of working with Lee Min-ho.

Kim Min-ha appeared on SBS Power FM’s “Park Ha-sun’s Cinetown”, which aired on April 19th, and revealed her first impression of Lee Min-ho, with whom she worked together in Apple TV’s drama “Pachinko”. In this series, Kim Min-ha plays the young Sun-ja while Lee Min-ho plays Han-soo, drawing keen attention.

Regarding her first impression of Lee Min-ho, Kim Min-ha said, “I met him for the first time at the final audition. He was extremely tall” adding, “I felt overwhelmed when doing the script reading with him for the chemistry part between Han-soo and Sun-ja. It was so amazing”.

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/03/27082658/pachinko-lee-min-ho-27032022-3-1024x568.jpeg

She continued, “He treated me comfortably. I also feel comfortable when sharing personal things with him. I felt very thankful when he told me to act everything I wanted to do”, expressing her appreciation for Lee Min-ho.

https://kbizoom.com/pachinko-actress-kim-min-ha-first-impression-of-lee-min-ho-hes-really-tall-i-was-overwhelmed/

@nina_mitrokhina  thanks for sharing this. Yes, she mentioned what it was like to work with LMH in the show. She said that she was starstruck by his acting during script-reading. That he made her feel at home while she was working with him. That they talked  about many things while working together, like personal affairs and roles. That it was nice to have him around as he was so welcoming and kind. During the show, it was mentioned that she garnered much attention for speaking perfect English during one of her interviews. She said that her mom exposed her to English when she was very young. That she had a hard time studying English. She would cry every day, and she hated learning the language. She would memorize all the vocabulary in the bathroom and skip classes. Aside from talking about LMH, she also talked about Youn Yuh Jung. :heart:

source : https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202204191049576710

• Like 2

15 hours ago, willenette said:

@nina_mitrokhina  thanks for sharing this. Yes, she mentioned what it was like to work with LMH in the show. She said that she was starstruck by his acting during script-reading. That he made her feel at home while she was working with him. That they talked  about many things while working together, like personal affairs and roles. That it was nice to have him around as he was so welcoming and kind. During the show, it was mentioned that she garnered much attention for speaking perfect English during one of her interviews. She said that her mom exposed her to English when she was very young. That she had a hard time studying English. She would cry every day, and she hated learning the language. She would memorize all the vocabulary in the bathroom and skip classes. Aside from talking about LMH, she also talked about Youn Yuh Jung. :heart:

source : https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202204191049576710

@willenette, Thank you very much for your attention! I really like to find articles on the web about Lee Min Ho's character traits. They help to better understand his human nature and good disposition. We are glad that a lot of people who had a chance to work with him note his openness and modesty, sociability and goodwill.

Dear Lee Min Ho: A fan from Argentina writes about the ‘Pachinko’ actor capturing their attention

by Pinkvilla Desk 
Apr 19, 2022

lee_min_ho_3_main_1.jpg?width=752&format

Following his official debut as an actor in 2003, Lee Min Ho has built up multiple iconic roles in his roster, across K-Dramas like ‘Boys Over Flowers’ and ‘The Heirs’. Lee Min Ho’s comeback series, ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ (2020), set a record for SBS’ highest 2020 Friday-Saturday drama premiere ratings. Lee Min Ho is currently starring in Apple TV’s series ‘Pachinko’, based on the novel of the same name.

Today's heartwarming letter has been penned by Silvia Ramallo from Argentina to Lee Min Ho. Read their letter below.

ON APRIL 17, 2020 you entered my life like a HURRICANE that devastated everything in its path. Dressed as a KING, without any permission, you attacked my emotions without respect.

Since that April 17, just 2 years ago, you turned my whole world upside down. In that parallel dimension, you capture all my attention and all my energy every day, there is an "other me" that only lives in the kingdom of Korea.

I don't know if it will happen as in fiction, that we will find a middle point where "that other me" becomes your queen. what I do know is that every morning a new imaginary world begins, where by your side EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

I wish you infinite happiness, health, lots of love, and that you continue to give us your ART. LOVE YOU !!!!!!

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-lee-min-ho-fan-argentina-writes-about-pachinko-actor-capturing-their-attention-1071745

• Like 3

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Shades of Spring

Spring is synonymous with pastel tones and fresh looks, and no colour signifies this better than a vivid, verdant green. From the cool sage shade of actor Lee Min-ho’s elegant suit............    :kaching3:

20220418_seoulbeats_Lee-Min-ho-803x1024.

source : Seoulbeats

• Like 2
  • Blob 2