Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Netflix Korea Contents, Singapore, Taiwan, and Philippines

0002916624_001_20201210140308600.jpg?typ

Korean content introduced through Netflix has gained huge popularity in Asian countries beyond Korea in 2020.

The Philippines, Singapore, and Taiwan also announced eight popular contents this year on Netflix.

In the Philippines, "The King: Eternal Monarch" starring Lee Min-ho was included on the list. In Singapore, "The King: Eternal Monarch," etc, were chosen. In Taiwan, "The King: Eternal Monarch," etc. were included, proving the strength of Korean Wave content.

The announced works were released in 2020 on Netflix and are currently streaming, and are based on the status of content viewing for the first 28 days since the first release of the work.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002916624

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Blob 5

Lee Min Ho’s The King: Eternal Monarch, Kingdom, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay & Start Up were popular Korean dramas on Netflix India in 2020

ByBollywood Hungama News NetworkUpdated: Dec 10, 2020

The year 2020 witnessed huge interest in Korean dramas in India. While Hallyu aka Korean wave arrived in the country a few years ago, due to the coronavirus pandemic leading to lockdown, the year 2020 witnessed a huge boost as netizens took a keen interest in the Korean dramas. As the year is coming to an end, Netflix India revealed which K-dramas were the most popular ones on the streaming giant in 2020.

Lee-Min-Hos-The-King-Eternal-Monarch-Kin

"The viewing for K-dramas on Netflix in India increased more than 370% in 2020 over 2019. Some of the most popular K-titles in India included The King: Eternal Monarch, Kingdom (S2), It’s Okay to Not Be Okay and Start-up," the official statement on the Netflix blog read.

THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH

The drama marked the comeback of Popular Korean actor Lee Min Ho who returned to the TV screen after completing his mandatory military service. It followed the story of a Korean emperor Lee Gon who tries to close the doors to a parallel world that was opened by demons; a detective tries to protect the people and the one she loves. The series also starred Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Kim Kyung-nam, Jung Eun-chae and Lee Jung-jin...

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/features/lee-min-ho-the-king-eternal-monarch-kingdom-its-okay-to-not-be-okay-start-up-were-popular-korean-dramas-on-netflix-india-in-2020/

Lee Min-ho's 'The King: Eternal Monarch' Lands In Netflix Singapore's Most-Watched Shows In 2020

BY TYLER KHOO / DEC 10, 2020 05:05 AM EST Share with Facebook  Share with Twitter

4ea2e850-69f3-11ea-ab25-5bff8168ebd9_800

Lee Min-ho (Ashley Pon/Getty Images)

"The King: Eternal Monarch," a romantic fantasy series starring actor Lee Min-ho, has landed in Netflix Singapore's most-watched titles categorized in each genre.

"The King: Eternal Monarch" has been chosen as the most-watched series in the category of K-Drama, beating other popular Korean dramas of today, including "Start-Up," "The School Nurse Files," "Record of Youth," and "It's Okay To Not Be Okay," among others.

Also landing on the favorite titles of the renowned streaming platform are "Extraction" in the Action category, "Enola Holmes" in the Drama category, "Emily In Paris" in the Comedy category, "#Alive" in Horror, "Too Hot To Handle" in Non-Fiction, "BLACKPINK: Light Up The Sky" in Documentary, and "The Money Heist: Part 4" in Thriller.

Netflix Singapore's most-watched series in K-drama tells the story of a modern-day emperor, portrayed by Lee Min-ho, who passes through a mysterious portal and into a parallel world where he meets a lively and courageous police detective. "The King: Eternal Monarch" stars Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, and Woo Do‑hwan. It is created by Kim Eun-sook, Baek Sang-hoon, and Jung Jee-hyun...

http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/47509/20201210/lee-min-hos-king-eternal-monarch-lands-netflix-singapores-watched.htm

• Like 5
  • Blob 7

Top 30 Korean Dramas of 2020 by King Choice

7M63YTWCMVBIZOHJYAIND7DUQI.jpg

Check out the list of 30 K-dramas that voted King Choice online. More than 6 million votes were counted, cast from November 1-30.

1. King: Eternal monarch.

Votes for The King: Eternal monarch: 2,244,500
King: Eternal Monarch, cast by Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun
Trailer :

https://larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/2020/12/07/los-30-mejores-doramas-del-2020-segun-votacion-de-king-choice/

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

Luwak White Koffie x Lee Min Ho: A Korean Pop Culture Advertising

e4d39ebd-ef62-4054-9e11-c04c9e0ddb3a-169

Luwak White Koffie is one of the coffee products in Indonesia. This time, the Luwak White Koffie product was offered with an advertisement in collaboration with one of the famous actors from Korea, Lee Min Ho. This ad uses the Celebrity Endorsement which aims to increase the attractiveness of consumers when they see it. An advertisement collaborates with celebrities so that later the ad has a good view of the community.

"Advertisement ideas have to be unique". I think this ad raises Korean Pop Culture because at that time Korean culture was rampant such as Korean dramas, boyband / girl groups. The existence of Korean culture is used as an idea by advertisers to make advertisements in which there is a Korean celebrity, Lee Min Ho. Another uniqueness of this advertisement is that Lee Min Ho tells of his daily life accompanied by Luwak White Koffie, which of course explains the advantages of white coffee.

An advertisement must also follow the existing developments. This advertisement follows the Korean Pop Culture which is currently spreading to the public. This ad in my opinion is very different and triggers other advertisers to work with Korean celebrities. This is where the uniqueness of this advertisement is because it develops the concept of Korean Pop Culture that is widespread in society.

https://www.kompasiana.com/anastasianessa/5fd0e3978ede480c7d51ef32/luwak-white-koffie-x-lee-min-ho-a-korean-pop-culture-advertising

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I don’t know how the rest of you feel but I am so pleased to see these results from Netflix itself. I feel like saying “take that” to all the negative rubbish that was written about TKEM. It will be interesting to see if certain blog sites mentions these figures. Hope Apple does as well next year!

On another note is anyone else feeling nervous about the SBS awards?

As it wasn’t one of their original productions but one that they bought from

Studio Dragon (despite Netflix having already got the series) and it not having as high ratings as they might have expected  I think they might ignore TKEM. I don’t know much about the awards but I really respect Willenette’s knowledge of Kdrama land and wonder what her thoughts are.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Lindyloo421 said:

I don’t know how the rest of you feel but I am so pleased to see these results from Netflix itself. I feel like saying “take that” to all the negative rubbish that was written about TKEM. It will be interesting to see if certain blog sites mentions these figures. Hope Apple does as well next year!

On another note is anyone else feeling nervous about the SBS awards?

As it wasn’t one of their original productions but one that they bought from

Studio Dragon (despite Netflix having already got the series) and it not having as high ratings as they might have expected  I think they might ignore TKEM. I don’t know much about the awards but I really respect Willenette’s knowledge of Kdrama land and wonder what her thoughts are.

Awards are given according to rating in Korea, if SBS hadn't so many drama with high rating, SBS might give so many awards but unfortunately SBS had at least 3-4 drama with high rating( 20%) in 2020. They will give some awards TKEM(cast) of course but I don't know how many .But I don't trust SBS.

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

Netflix Viewers Search For Love, Baking Shows Rise & Foreign-Language Drama Booms As Streamer Reveals What Was Watched In 2020

Netflix has revealed some color about its subscribers’ viewing habits during 2020. 

Finally, as Netflix continues to ramp up its international commissioning strategy, it’s clear that English-language viewers are interested in watching shows with subtitles.

....while it saw a big jump in Korean drama, up 100% in the U.S. with Kingdom’s second season and The King: Eternal Monarch becoming its most popular favorite K-dramas.

Source: https://deadline.com/2020/12/netflix-what-was-watched-in-2020-1234653546/

TKEM DOMINATING USA!!! 

:partyblob:

• Like 6
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 6

33 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

TKEM DOMINATING USA!!! 

USA has most subscrbers so most probably The King will be most watched Kdrama in 2020 let's wait official Netflix's most watched Kdrama list in January :issohappy:

USA has 70M subscr. and some Asian countires has 100K-200K or 500K subr. so that means USA= at least 70 Aisan countries subscribers. Most subscb. Asian country Japan ( almost 4.5M) and second Korea (3.5M) . The King is lower in Korea and Japan But we have currently USA, Canada etc. :approves:

you can vote multiple times!

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 6

4 hours ago, JoannaID said:

Netflix Viewers Search For Love, Baking Shows Rise & Foreign-Language Drama Booms As Streamer Reveals What Was Watched In 2020

Netflix has revealed some color about its subscribers’ viewing habits during 2020. 

Finally, as Netflix continues to ramp up its international commissioning strategy, it’s clear that English-language viewers are interested in watching shows with subtitles.

....while it saw a big jump in Korean drama, up 100% in the U.S. with Kingdom’s second season and The King: Eternal Monarch becoming its most popular favorite K-dramas.

Source: https://deadline.com/2020/12/netflix-what-was-watched-in-2020-1234653546/

TKEM DOMINATING USA!!! 

I think that might be worldwide and From deadline that is huge aside from all the official numbers from netflix itself. I remember we had a tracker on the The King thread saying ''LMH'' SNS will jump 10-12m subs until the end of the year but it seems like it jump 15m almost 16m just from TKEM alone that is a significiant jump. 6m on Facebook and 9m on Instagram almost 10m. 

It was addictive if you started you had to finish it had that going for it. I am not that surprised tho that it would do even better when official came out. Now that being said Back to the main topic below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do we have any casting rumours as he will finish filming Pachinko here soon? I want him to take a movie and right after that I hope we get to the promised series? Gangster series you can throw a slight touch of romance but not much just subtle and little. I wish they announce and cast a star-subbed gangster series that runs several seasons. I have people like Ma-dong seok and other notorious bad boy actors collection in mind lets do this shxt. uhm tae goo etc etc. Bring out all the criminals. 

And Yes there should be nude scenes and hardcore stuff with no political correctness. Perhaps late 2021 airing date or max 2022 early? Filming such show could take time there is no rush.

It could become a major hit on netflix something similar like korean version of ''Thug Mansion'' ''Ghetto gospel'' a series to outdo them all International gangster genre movies/series but it has to be gritty with great plotline and only 8 episodes per season ala Money heist no need for 16 episodes per season and no PG-13 hence we need blood to be visual.

I won't mind Mandalorian/witcher like where it can become a playable game where we can play with LMH's character solving issues and climbing the ladder to top mob-boss and filmed that way from his POV exploring this unknown underworld. 

Well what do I know one can only wish

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

Do we have any casting rumours as he will finish filming Pachinko here soon? I want him to take a movie and right after that I hope we get to the promised series? Gangster series you can throw a slight touch of romance but not much just subtle and little. I wish they announce and cast a star-subbed gangster series that runs several seasons. I have people like Ma-dong seok and other notorious bad boy actors collection in mind lets do this shxt. uhm tae goo etc etc. Bring out all the criminals. 

And Yes there should be nude scenes and hardcore stuff with no political correctness. Perhaps late 2021 airing date or max 2022 early? Filming such show could take time there is no rush.

It could become a major hit on netflix something similar like korean version of ''Thug Mansion'' ''Ghetto gospel'' a series to outdo them all International gangster genre movies/series but it has to be gritty with great plotline and only 8 episodes per season ala Money heist no need for 16 episodes per season and no PG-13 hence we need blood to be visual.

I won't mind Mandalorian/witcher like where it can become a playable game where we can play with LMH's character solving issues and climbing the ladder to top mob-boss and filmed that way from his POV exploring this unknown underworld. 

Well what do I know one can only wish

It could technically turned out to be the ''hit'' show of the ages. Netflix doesn't currently have such tv-show on it's books and could fill in the cap nicely for that particular genre and that genre has a loyal fanbase and it could draw in a larger crowd then the King but it has to be more gritty and 19+(Mature content) It needs to take itself serious turn to more hardcore and realistic elements. 

I could see such Show becoming a darling plus you have Lee Min-Ho attached on it and it could flare up. It needs a massive budget and they should be able to finance this

• Like 4

Netflix Allowed Us To Escape 2020 At Home In Lockdown, Here’s What The Streamer Says We Watched

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danafeldman/2020/12/10/netflix-allowed-us-to-escape-2020-at-home-in-lockdown-heres-what-the-streamer-says-we-watched/?sh=4513a65b1d2d

There were two specific genres that made huge jumps in viewership: Viewing of K-drama almost tripled and anime was up an incredible 100% in the U.S. As for favorite K-dramas, Kingdom S2 and The King: Eternal Monarch topped the list.

Netflix and Chill? You Watched a Whole Lot of Romance Titles in 2020

K-Dramas got even more popular this year with a 350% rise in viewing, with The King: Eternal Monarch leading the pack.

https://www.spot.ph/entertainment/movies-music-tv/84585/most-watched-titles-netflix-ph-2020-a4362-20201210?utm_source=twitter-Spot&utm_medium=Ownshare&utm_campaign=20201210-fbnp-entertainment-most-watched-titles-netflix-ph-2020

‘Through Night and Day,’ ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ among most-watched Netflix titles in the Philippines

https://www.rappler.com/entertainment/movies/top-titles-netflix-philippines-2020

• Like 7
  • Blob 4

9 hours ago, JoannaID said:

TKEM DOMINATING USA!!! 

HI @Nikaa94 The King leading da way!  Lee Min Ho world domination. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 2

'The King: Eternal Monarch' Is The Most Popular K-Drama On Netflix PH This Year

most-popular-kdramas-netflix-philippines

Korean dramas have been popular with Filipinos for decades now—I mean, they were even called Koreanovelas and Asianovelas back in the early 2000s. But we haven't seen this big of a craze (read: obsession) over these dramas before this year. The lockdown brought in hordes of new fans and Hallyu lovers who, out of curiosity, discovered a ~whole new world~ in the variety of genres the Korean entertainment industry has to offer. We anticipated every new release on streaming platforms more fervently than ever—believe me, most of my weekends were blocked off because they were my dedicated K-drama-watching days! And I'm sure, I'm not the only one. Netflix actually released data of the 10 most popular K-dramas Pinoys watched in 2020, and looking through the list you'd notice that they're a mix of big-name titles and Netflix Originals alike. So, which ones did you watch this year? (Personally, I watched seven out of 10!)

The King: Eternal Monarch

Who's starring in it? Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan

Why you should watch it: And the most popular K-drama this year is Lee Min Ho's big-budget fantasy drama, The King: Eternal Monarch. If you're into sci-fi, parallel worlds, doppelgangers, and a sweeping romance unlike any other, then this is for you. Also, Woo Do Hwan is a scene-stealer!

photo-2020-12-09-13-19-24-1607566800.jpg

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/top-10-most-popular-k-dramas-netflix-2020-a483-20201210

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Blob 2

17 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

HI @Nikaa94 The King leading da way!  Lee Min Ho world domination. 

Hi Miniii :waves:

yes, LMH always dominates the world with his projects :evilelmo:

Hope we get another project news in 2021. :lol: imagine juggling

between Pachinko thread and also another project thread. How fun it would be!! We also have our Min Ho thread. :doggie:

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 4