Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

3 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

He he he, did you notice him trying to button it up without actually doing it.. teaser! 

Though I like PT, my vote is for CH. His actions scenes -  no swords like Faith, but I like it cos he makes it look effortless but lethal at the same time. I like that he uses whatever small objects that comes handy to knock off the opponents with panache.   

Haha!  @Aleumdaun I had to re-play the clip and now doing it, over teatime - hahahaha!

Okay, @Thong Thin and @Aleumdaun   Will go for City Hunter next! 

On the lips-licking or nibbling - am not complaining :)

@kimchi_eonnie  Welcome on board! 

Here's good looking Kim Tan  - waeeee

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, willenette said:

3. Lee Min Ho & Taylor Swift

Ohhhhh on ridiculous rumours @willenette  Would TS knows who he is?  :D

@willenette @Thong Thin  Have you tried Kimchi fried rice , with bacon and enogi mushroom ... topped with sunny egg?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Min2206 said:

@willenette @Thong Thin  Have you tried Kimchi fried rice , with bacon and enogi mushroom ... topped with sunny egg?

@Min2206, such a very funny rumor indeed! Would TS knows who he is? - LOL - About Kimchi fried rice, no haven't tried it.....Is it good? Actually, kimchi isn't really my kind of food - it's not really that I love to eat it. :blush:

• LOL 2

@willenette -  that's a big joke , LMH dating TS ?         :Woah: 

@Min2206  I don't particulary like rice but yes I like the dish if there is someone to share with me, and don't get choke while re-playing the video ! :joy:

@kimchi_eonnie welcome on board. 

Is  Heirs your first K-Drama ?

Mind to share with us your thoughts any of LMH drama/movies you have seen.

@Lmangla  will do. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

36 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Min2206, such a very funny rumor indeed! Would TS knows who he is? - LOL - About Kimchi fried rice, no haven't tried it.....Is it good? Actually, kimchi isn't really my kind of food - it's not really that I love to eat it. :blush:

@Thong Thin I am sure you would have seen the few types of kimchi in retail here, readily available esp the TKEM Jongga brand, though bit pricey but good!  

Yea,  one of my fav is kimchi fried rice esp with added gochuchang , sesame oil and seaweed on top.  @willenette not sure which part of the world you come from - fry it with grains and bacon, it tastes good and you wont be so kimchi-fied, overwhelmed by kimchi flavour, i mean, hahaha!

3 hours ago, willenette said:

@Aleumdaun, for me, aside from Kimchi that you mentioned, I can recommend bulgogi.I love it! It is very mild, although you can get spicy versions, and to me tastes a little sweet. Some Korean restaurants have hot plates in the tables were you can cook it yourself, although you can get it cooked for you. You can get it as either chicken, beef, or pork. You might be able to find other meats as well. Another one is Korean BBQ.There are ton of options that qualify under this banner (pretty much anything you can wrap in a lettuce leaf) but sam gyeop sal or bulgogi are both can’t miss. And best, they’re pretty easy to replicate at home on the cheap! Samgyeopsal is grilled pork belly that is dipped in seasoned sesame seed oil, and then wrapped in lettuce along with grilled slices of garlic, grilled slices of onion, shredded green onions, and kimchi. Heavenly! Galbi is also one - It is marinated rib and they usually serve it so you cooked it yourself. Bibimbap also taste good. Korean friend chicken is amazing they have so many varieties. :blush:

And yes to Korean BBQ ... !   I have not tried the samgyeopsal (edited - oh wait .. i just googled what samgeyeopsal is .. My apology - we have this pork belly aplenty but different seasoning- not Korean style.     Samgyeopsal (삼겹살, 三--, lit. 'three-layer meat'), samgyeopsal-gui (삼겹살구이), or grilled pork belly is a type of gui (grilled dish) in Korean cuisine )

Ahhh, should I go for K-food this weekend?  Just had Jap food yesterday ... greedy me! 

cr  itsliend

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 3:40 PM, Min2206 said:

Glad to note that MYM taking action!   Pray these perpetrators be caught and that everyone including LMH and family members,  their worries and distress be lessened and gone.   

@Min2206, it's not the first time for MYM Entertainment to announce legal action against malicious commenters to protect him. As far as I remember back in May last year, the agency also announced the same thing to protect Lee Minho from malicious comments and groundless rumors. :isannoyed:

6 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Ahhh, should I go for K-food this weekend?  Just had Jap food yesterday ... greedy me!

@Min2206, I also love Japanese food. :blush:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Here's my new question.  Do you identify with any of the FL in LMH dramas?

Well I don't really identify uch from either, maybe a bit of OTT GJD(Shouting every now and then) and Purposefully acting SHY like SC with your BF kinda made it relatable, and yes ES (when she did not get good marks in her exams and said you cannot expect a 99th position ranker not to cry to YD).

These few parts I identify with. :D 

I have to choose between City Hunter and Personal Taste after LOTBS ... which should I go first?

Hah I choose on the preference of FL then, PT is my genre but CH looked thrilling , I do not like PMY so SYJ won in my case :D , and yes also PT is avaialble in Viki, whereas I had to hunt for City Hunter in my region.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Here's my new question.  Do you identify with any of the FL in LMH dramas?  Me--Park Gae In.  I'm as messy as she!  My desk at work is covered with paper --although I do know where everything is!  I have clothes (clean) on the floor at home.  My notes for the quiz are scribbled on a half used notepad.  But, I don't leave dirty dishes in the sink or around the house.  

Oh @CarolynH  How could I miss your Q?   Park Gae In is in Personal TAste,  I have not really seen how she is ... messy? me no ... maybe a bit of the Jung TE in TKEM - orderly , tomboyish  ( not the romancing part ) - I can relate to the ice-cream part and bit of "fighting"

5 hours ago, madmad min said:

Well I don't really identify uch from either, maybe a bit of OTT GJD(Shouting every now and then) and Purposefully acting SHY like SC with your BF kinda made it relatable, and yes ES (when she did not get good marks in her exams and said you cannot expect a 99th position ranker not to cry to YD).

These few parts I identify with. :D 

I have to choose between City Hunter and Personal Taste after LOTBS ... which should I go first?

Hah I choose on the preference of FL then, PT is my genre but CH looked thrilling , I do not like PMY so SYJ won in my case :D , and yes also PT is avaialble in Viki, whereas I had to hunt for City Hunter in my region.

I think I will go for CH next @madmad min  - thanks!

Happy 8th Anniversary - I am trying to remember this moment

giphy.gif

Epi 24 Faith

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, willenette said:

@CallieP, when I was in Seattle last year, there was this K-resto I dined-in called One Pot, it's between Weller St & King St (I hope I got the address right) - they call it Little Saigon, Chinatown International District??? Are you familiar with this, Seattle is a huge place, though. :blush:

Yes, I know where Int. District is, there are a few good restaurants there. I don't recall One Pot. There is Boiling Point but it is not Korean.  No street food though as in Dallas, shown in that link by @CarolynH :grin:

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

@willenette -  that's a big joke , LMH dating TS ?          

@Min2206  I don't particulary like rice but yes I like the dish if there is someone to share with me, and don't get choke while re-playing the video ! :joy:

@kimchi_eonnie welcome on board. 

Is  Heirs your first K-Drama ?

Mind to share with us your thoughts any of LMH drama/movies you have seen.

@Lmangla  will do. 

@Thong Thin Thanks for the welcome! :D

My first K-drama was actually Boys Over Flowers, but I've watched the Taiwanese version before it and I loved that one very much. Gu Jun Pyo was LMH's breakout role, everything changed for him after that! It's also one of his "iconic" roles, I believe. :relaxed: Nostalgia kicks in whenever I see his permed hair for that show haha!

For Min-ho's succeeding drama roles, I think City Hunter was his more angsty role, given that Lee Yoon Sung needed to exact revenge and his character was a vigilante type. I liked seeing the action side of him! :love:

For rom-coms, I really loved Kim Tan's loyalty to Eun Sang in The Heirs, but I must admit that Young Do was also a worthy rival. 

I also liked Faith and Legend of the Blue Sea, but there are dramas that I liked better. 

I just finished The King Eternal Monarch and I loved our King in it!! But I have some issues story-wise haha! (like how Lee Rim's character wasn't explored much)

I've been watching k-dramas for years but it's only now that I discovered these kinds of forums. Though I am aware of Soompi as an k-entertainment website. Keep safe!

• Like 9

21 hours ago, willenette said:

@Aleumdaun, for me, aside from Kimchi that you mentioned, I can recommend bulgogi.I love it! It is very mild, although you can get spicy versions, and to me tastes a little sweet. Some Korean restaurants have hot plates in the tables were you can cook it yourself, although you can get it cooked for you. You can get it as either chicken, beef, or pork. You might be able to find other meats as well. Another one is Korean BBQ.There are ton of options that qualify under this banner (pretty much anything you can wrap in a lettuce leaf) but sam gyeop sal or bulgogi are both can’t miss. And best, they’re pretty easy to replicate at home on the cheap! Samgyeopsal is grilled pork belly that is dipped in seasoned sesame seed oil, and then wrapped in lettuce along with grilled slices of garlic, grilled slices of onion, shredded green onions, and kimchi. Heavenly! Galbi is also one - It is marinated rib and they usually serve it so you cooked it yourself. Bibimbap also taste good. Korean friend chicken is amazing they have so many varieties. :blush:

Thanks @willenette, I have taken notes and you make it sound mouthwatering-ly tasty.  

20 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

:w00t: thanks @Aleumdaun for that airport video. 

Man, love his smile & dimple !  

He should have un-buckle the other 2 buttons, 

@Thong Thin That would have caused a massive traffic standstill and chaos at the airport with lots of women passing out. :nomeme:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Welcome @kimchi_eonnie to the LMH thread!  Thank you for joining us!  Please feel free to join us in our polls, quizzes and whatever else we have going in this thread.  Speaking of which........

Poll -"favorite pairing" may be up tomorrow.  I'm working with our favorite event planner Lmangla.  Remember the poll is only open for a couple of days, so get your vote in!:Ohboy3:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

19 hours ago, kimchi_eonnie said:

K-Drama Spotlight: Lee Min-ho's Most Memorable Roles

Hi, everyone! I'm new here! :D Of course, my first post would be about my ultimate bias, Lee Min Ho!

Kim Tan from The Heirs is my favorite character of his!  :love:  And I can still hear the song "Love is the momeeentt!" when I see pics from the drama! Haha!    

https://www.kdramapal.com/k-drama-spotlight-lee-min-hos-most-memorable-roles-yet/

Welcome @kimchi_eonnie. I am a Kim Tan fan myself. :foryou:

18 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Haha!  @Aleumdaun I had to re-play the clip and now doing it, over teatime - hahahaha!

Okay, @Thong Thin and @Aleumdaun   Will go for City Hunter next! 

On the lips-licking or nibbling - am not complaining :)

@kimchi_eonnie  Welcome on board! 

Here's good looking Kim Tan  - waeee

@Min2206 If TS doesn't know who he is - it's her loss. :tounge_wink:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

8 hours ago, CallieP said:

Yes, I know where Int. District is, there are a few good restaurants there. I don't recall One Pot. There is Boiling Point but it is not Korean.  No street food though as in Dallas, shown in that link by @CarolynH :grin:

There’s street food!  You just have to find it ;) 

Changchun Hot Dog in the ID

Seoul Hot Dog - Lynnwood

O’Bop in Bellevue for Cupbap

Mama’s Kitchen - Factoria

Stars in the Sky - Edmonds-ish

Daebak Wang Mandoo - Fed Way

My favorite two Korean restaurants in the area are Todamgal in Martha Lake (gamjatang) and Cho Dang Tofu in Kent for soondubu.  They’re opening up a 4th store right next to my work so rip my money.

None of it is super cheap but it’s GOOD.  

• Like 1

I just want to clarify upfront that this post is not an attack against "Its Okay not to be Okay" or Kim Soo Hyun.  I watched it and thought it was a good drama.

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-it-s-okay-to-not-be-okay-leads-on-many-non-standard-metrics-143741.html

Article by William Schwartz Han Cinema.

My comment below which they did print below the article and moderator response to my comment.

Here is my comment to William Schwartz printed in the comment section and the moderator's response to my comment.

Mr. Schwartz, I believe you to be an extremely biased hack writer. Your shilling for the drama “It’s Okay Not to be Okay “at the expense of “The King Eternal Monarch” has been particular galling.  I read your reviews of “The King, Eternal Monarch.” You criticize the cheesy lines, that viewers could not endure the brand of melodrama which appears to have fallen out of fashion. You make it sound like that drama is a total failure. You stress at every opportunity, the low and falling ratings of the drama “The King” in South Korea. Period, had nothing positive at all to say about the series.

However, when it comes to “It’s Okay” you excuse its lackluster ratings in South Korea by saying that it has been a noteworthy example of defying standard terrestrial ratings with strong performance in non-traditional metrics (meaning global success in such platforms as Netflix)

Your article “It’s Okay is Global Hallyu K-drama”.  Mentions the success globally of Goblin, Mr. Sunshine, Crash Landing on You and Its Okay not to be Okay. (The King is left out.)

Another article “It’s Okay  Attracts a Sizable International Fanbase” states that  "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" also enjoys high ratings on viewer aggregate ranking sites, beating out "The King: Eternal Monarch" and even "Crash Landing on You".

In all your articles, you omitted and never mentioned the fact that “The King” is a huge success globally. It topped the Netflix charts and was as high as 8th in the world for the year 2020. It topped Wavve charts and Good Data Charts.  It paved the way for It’s Okay doing well. Even though, It’s Okay may eventually do better than The King, it is a fact that today:-

The Top 10 Most-Watched Netflix K-Dramas In The World This Year

In the 1st place spot is 2020 drama The King: Eternal Monarch, which is the 10th most-watched Netflix show in the world overall this year. It’s also currently still in the Netflix top 10 in Malaysia, Singapore, Nigeria, and more.

I also suspect that your bias is not against Kim Eun Sook since you praise her other dramas Goblin and Mr. Sunshine. It is telling that your article about the DCInside Celebrity poll, you had to snidely denigrate Lee Min Ho’s win by insinuating that the answers are counter-intuitive, whatever that means and that Koreans lack background in international media. If Kim Soo Hyun was the winner of the poll, would you have written such an article. You don’t have to like Lee Min Ho. All I ask is that you be honest with the facts and not try to mislead to promote your favorite drama or actor or manufacture consent.

Moderator response:

The reason we're running more "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" coverage compared to "The King: Eternal Monarch" is because while "The King: Eternal Monarch" was still airing it was overshadowed domestically by "The World of the Married". We only have so much space to do reporting, and "The King: Eternal Monarch" simply did not seem like an important priority based on our own analytics of what readers are interested in as well as what was considered news locally in South Korea at the time.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 4

On 8/11/2020 at 5:11 AM, SophieH said:

@CarolynH

1. townleader of Heupgok-hyun in gangwondo. (town name was mentioned in the library scene ep8)

2. Kaist 

3. Preacher Heo No Ah is HJJ ... haha you tricked us! 
4. While watching from HJJ’s laptop and by putting the laptop over her head ?. 

5. tower of Hercules. 

In all the excitement about the poll, I forgot to mention the winner of the LOTBS quiz #1-- @SophieH!  Her answers were just a bit more precise, so round 1 goes to Sophie!  :cheers:  Next quiz depends on whether or not we do another poll or we get receive BIG news from LMH.  If neither one, then, most likely next quiz will be toward the end of next week!  Here's something I found interesting when working on the quiz.  I didn't know HJJ didn't graduate until after SC left.  There was mention in ep 20 that after SC left, HJJ finished undergraduate degree, then went to law school.  So, did he really graduate from Kaist?  Maybe he finished at another school?  

A bit more on the quiz in case you look at the choices and think...hey, they weren't a couple!  Well, I thought it might be fun to add some couples, who weren't really a couple, but maybe would have made a good couple.  Here's an example:  Jeon Jin Ho and Hye-mi (the orange hair girl) from PT.  You'll have two choices.  Choose carefully lol

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

There’s street food!  You just have to find it ;) 

Changchun Hot Dog in the ID

Seoul Hot Dog - Lynnwood

O’Bop in Bellevue for Cupbap

Mama’s Kitchen - Factoria

Stars in the Sky - Edmonds-ish

Daebak Wang Mandoo - Fed Way

My favorite two Korean restaurants in the area are Todamgal in Martha Lake (gamjatang) and Cho Dang Tofu in Kent for soondubu.  They’re opening up a 4th store right next to my work so rip my money.

None of it is super cheap but it’s GOOD.  

I have been to Stars in the Sky. They have Karaoke there. Must search for Seoul Hot Dog. Did not realize they were street food.

• Like 1